G1 History at the LEGO House in Billund

Azani

So, the anxiously anticipated LEGO House is officially open to the public today in Billund. Back in mid-2015, Faber jumped on his personal blog that he uses to discuss anything of relevance to himslef and posted an entry that pretty specifically implicated that there will be a decent amount of late 1990's and early 2000's G1 memorabilia and concepts on display there. From the original post:

"The phonecall confirmed that Bionicle will have a prominent place in that history since it was the "The toy that saved LEGO" (quote from J∅rgen Vig Knudstorp) and suddenly all my Turaga beach crates full of old sketches gets interest."

As it is, I think that we saw a brief glimpse of a display featuring the Toa Mata back in 2016; is anyone aware of what else is down there? Heck, does anyone know a fellow who's going?

-Azani

• Upvote 1

Find (digital) me under the name Azani on YouTube, Eurobricks, Discord, the BioMedia Project and the TTV Message Boards.

Please check out Project AFTERMAN on Tumblr and Facebook; I'm proud to have worked as their PR Manager and as a writer.

AAZZ.jpg

So far all I've seen is a small display of the 2001 sets that was formerly housed in the non-public Lego Idea House. That said, Faber's description of what Lego expressed interest in makes me think one of the rotating exhibitions at the Lego House might look at Bionicle in greater depth in the future.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother