Broken 2.0 Parts

{Con Quy}

All my parts remain intact. I don't foresee any of them breaking in the near future. They're made of some sturdy plastic.

They're made of the same ABS plastic (or in the case of transparent parts, polycarbonate plastic) as any joint pieces before them. The design is what's sturdier, not the material.None of mine have even showed any sign of breaking. Pity the same can't be said of the Y-joints in my Jetbug set, which was from an early production run and thus used the 2008-2010 style of joints. :closedeyes:

I am happy to say that I have never broken a 2.0 or later part.

Same, to both.

-Rahkshi Guurahk
GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
If I actually tried putting all the stuff I like on here, the sig would burst.

d1O9dXQ.png

(This banner is created by http://www.bzpower.com/board/user/59020-onaku/ )

• 2 weeks later...

Actually, I have broken the Jetbug y-joints, and Toxic Reapa feet, but those don't count because they were around before 2.0.

Edited by Toa of Smooth Jazz

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

98.7% OF BZPOWER MEMBERS HAVEN'T SEEN MY BUCKET 

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 1.3% THAT HAS SEEN MY BUCKET, COPY THIS AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR SIGNATURE

I MISS MY BUCKET 

• 7 years later...
On 12/28/2011 at 10:04 AM, Aanchir said:

They're made of the same ABS plastic (or in the case of transparent parts, polycarbonate plastic) as any joint pieces before them. The design is what's sturdier, not the material.None of mine have even showed any sign of breaking. Pity the same can't be said of the Y-joints in my Jetbug set, which was from an early production run and thus used the 2008-2010 style of joints. :closedeyes:

they actually aren't made of the same plastic. I was trying to cut the bad sockets off an old broken Bionicle part and glue the Hero Factory joints in it's place, did this with a broken original Bionicle joint and with one from a Glatorian, and my hot knife could cut through both Bionicle parts without too much effort, while the Hero Factory joint seems to have a higher melting point. my hot knife isn't adjustable, so at the same temp, it was harder to cut. I've 3D printed a couple parts trying to mimic the shape, and they are indeed sufficiently strong, but I think they did more than just change the shape.

@TheLegoSensei, please remember to check the date of the last post in a topic before you reply. The post before yours was made in May 2012—almost eight years ago! This counts as topic revival.

If you would like to continue the discussion, please feel free to start a new topic. :)

Revived topic closed.

• Eyru locked this topic