Bionicle Mafia XLII: Graveyard

xccj

Bionicle Mafia XLII: Graveyard

Synopsis

A small island once hosted a thriving Matoran community, but in years past they were ravaged by the Mafia, and the lifeless wreckage of the village is all that remains to this day. Nearby islands want to resettle the island, but are wary because it now resembles a hap hazardous graveyard, which attracts many dark creatures. A company of Matoran has been giving a daunting task: restore the village and lay its dead to rest in a proper graveyard. For this, they have recruited a team of Matoran grave diggers; stalwart Matoran who can stomach the dire atmosphere. But not all of them are as noble as they appear, for some have a hidden agenda. A small sect of Grave Robbers has joined the company, with the intent to profit off the hidden treasures remaining in the city. But they know that they will only get away with it if the rest of the Grave Diggers meet unfortunate ends. And they aren't the only ones to be wary of, for a Vampire and Necromancer have also joined, enticed by the dark callings of the former village.

To keep things sanitary and uncontaminated, all the villagers are provided new masks upon arriving on the island, to help them identify each other. But that alone will not stop those will ill intentions. Will the island be restored from its dark Mafia past, or will the shadows find a new haven in this forsaken village? The answer remains to be seen...

Rules

• One vote change permitted per day, but it has to be made clear.
• Once killed, players cannot publically impact the game, although some roles will have after-death abilities.
• Do not reveal your roles / post screenshots.
• Follow all BZPower Rules.

Roles

The Company

1x Accountant - A duteous keeper of records, they can discern much about the other members based on their paper trail. Can target one person per night and learn their role. If they discover a Grave Robber, they can neutralize their vote the next day.

1x Gate Keeper - A tough and intimidating individual. Can protect one person per night from getting targeted, as they will dissuade the other roles from approaching. Will survive first attempt on their life, but a clue will be publically revealed about their identity.

1x Vampire Hunter - Seeks out the undead to remove them from this world. They can target one person per night, and if they find the Vampire or Necromancer, they will kill them, but a clue will be publically revealed about their identity. If they target someone bitten by a vampire the previous day, they can cure them.

8x Grave Diggers - Ordinary workers, they get one vote per victim per day.

1x Vengeful Spirits - They appear to be mere Grave Diggers, but their spirits can return upon their deaths. This will happen if they are killed by a Grave Robber who is not brought to justice the next day, and they can only target the members on their suspect list. Once they kill their murderer, they return to the afterlife in peace.

1X Survivor (Hidden Role) - Survived a previous mafia attack, but lost many friends. Seeks retribution against the Head Honcho. Targets one member per night to see if they are the Head Honcho. If they discover him, he will be killed, and the role will revert into a normal Grave Digger.

Grave Robbers

1x Head Honcho - Makes the ultimate decision on whom to kill each night, their vote counts as double during the day, and they can kill one other member if they are lynched.

1x The Influencer - A talker with a sweat voice, their opinion is greatly valued, so their votes count as double. Also assumes Head Honcho's position if they are killed.

1x The Meticulous One - They leave little trace when they make a kill, which causes the suspect list to grow.

1x The Maniac - Can target two people, but their methods are not always effective, allowing the potential for their targets to survive. If this happens, a clue will be publically revealed about their identity.

The Undead

1x Vampire - Can bite someone every night, with the chance that they can kill their victim. If the victim survives, their actions will be neutralized, and their vote will not count during the day. Because the Vampire is unable to stay out in the direct sunlight, their vote does not count, but if they have a victim they can vote through them. If they attack the Gate Keeper, they will be killed.

?x Vampire Victims - They survived a bite from the Vampire, but they are transforming. They will be unaware of this change the first day, as the Vampire will control their ability to vote. The next night, they will transform into a full vampire and have control over their actions. The exception would be if they are targeted by the Vampire Hunter, who would cure them, and they will provide a hint towards the Vampires true identity.

1x Necromancer - Can reanimate one of the dead per night, but there is a chance they will fail. If they succeed, the undead will kill for the Necromancer. However, they must be cautious, because if they reanimate a vengeful spirit, things could go badly for them.

?x Reanimated Corpses - A formerly dead player can be reanimated and kill for the Necromancer. They will be allowed to share knowledge of their former lives with the Necromancer and have a say in selecting their targets, but only one corpse can attack per night, and not on the night they are first reanimated. If they target a role other than a Grave Digger or Accountant, they will be destroyed in the process. Due to their official dead status, they cannot be targeted and will not leave behind a suspect list, so the other members will attempt to vote for the Necromancer. If the Necromancer is killed, his energies will be unable to power the corpses for long, and they will only have one more night to perform an action before they return to their dead status.

Member List

Each member will select a mask in a particular color. If a hint is given to their identity, either the type or color of their mask will be revealed. The more players who have a particular type or color of mask, the harder it will be to identify them, so choose carefully. If a player doesn't select a specific mask, they will be provided the first available one on the list. 25 masks will be initially made available; if there are more players, more masks will be added, but they will be easier to identify.

Red Hau: Taka Nuvia - Survivor - Killed by Vengeful Sirit Night 4
Red Kakama: Kuan - Vengeful Spirit - Killed by Maniac Night 2
Red Matatu: Rahkshi Guurahk - Secondary Vampire - Survived
Orange Hau: Toru Nui - The Meticulous One - Lynched Day 3
Orange Kaukau (In the form of a Kakama): Finch - Grave Digger - Killed by Maniac Night 4
Orange Pakari: Valendale (Basserman) - Grave Digger - Killed by Reanimated Corpse and Vengeful Spirit Night 3
Tan Hau: Toa Smoke Monster - Gate Keeper - Lynched Day 1 - Reanimated by Necromancer Night 2
Tan Kakama: Azalea - Grave Digger - Killed by Reanimated Corpses Night 4
Tan Pakari: Unit#phntk#1 - Necromancer - Lynched Day 3
Tan Ruru: Scrubbish - Accountant - Killed by Meticulous One Night 3
Brown Kakama: Trijhak - Grave Digger - Lynched Day 2
Brown Matatu: Pahrak #0579 Head Honcho - Killed by Secondary Vampire Night 4
Black Hau: Lucina Vampire - Killed by Vampire Hunter Night 2 - Reanimated by Necromancer Night 3
Black Kaukau (in the form of a Kakama): Rassilon (TTL) Vampire Victim - Killed by Maniac Night 2
Black Matatu: Railgun - The Maniac - Killed By Vengeful Spirit Day 4
Black Ruru: Vox - Grave Digger - Lynched Day 1

Signups will last for a couple of days, or until we have a decent group of members. Thanks for playing, and feel free to ask questions.  Now go and grab your shovels; we’ve got graves to dig!

:music: Edited by xccj
  • Upvote 5

Sign me up. B-)

Question: Do we state which mask we want in this topic, or do we PM it to you?

Sorry if I didn't make that clear; it will be publically known which mask each member has, so you can select it here. The color / type of mask for a role will only be revealed if a hint is given.

:music:

Sign me up. B-)

Question: Do we state which mask we want in this topic, or do we PM it to you?

Sorry if I didn't make that clear; it will be publically known which mask each member has, so you can select it here. The color / type of mask for a role will only be revealed if a hint is given.

Alright. I'll take the Tan Hau. 

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

(in the form of a Kakama):

Care to explain what this means?

I did ask for a Kaukau

You requested a mask that wasn't on the list of masks. So I accommodated appropriately. ;)

Don't think I didn't see y'all trying to twist the rules.

I'll take the black kaukau.

(in the form of a Kakama):

Care to explain what this means?

I did ask for a Kaukau

You requested a mask that wasn't on the list of masks. So I accommodated appropriately. ;)

Don't think I didn't see y'all trying to twist the rules.

Again I said Kaukau.

I'm confused here I'm not that smart to twist rules like that? What just happened?

Hey I got a Flickr because I like making LEGO stuff.

https://www.flickr.com/people/toatimelord/

Again I said Kaukau.

I'm confused here I'm not that smart to twist rules like that? What just happened?

Beyond the explanation "there was a list of masks to choose from and the requested mask was not on the list"...

When a hint is given towards a role, either the type of mask or the color of the mask will be revealed to the public. This is not enough detail to call the role out (usually) but it will narrow the suspect pool. There are 5 types of masks and 5 colors to keep things consistent. The Kaukau is not one of the mask types provided. That is why you didn't get it. ;)

Again I said Kaukau.

Beyond the explanation "there was a list of masks to choose from and the requested mask was not on the list"...

When a hint is given towards a role, either the type of mask or the color of the mask will be revealed to the public. This is not enough detail to call the role out (usually) but it will narrow the suspect pool. There are 5 types of masks and 5 colors to keep things consistent. The Kaukau is not one of the mask types provided. That is why you didn't get it. ;)

Oh I guess that makes since.

Hey I got a Flickr because I like making LEGO stuff.

https://www.flickr.com/people/toatimelord/

Day 0

A cold wind blew over the desolate island as a boat pulled up to the shore. A host of Matoran Grave Diggers disembarked onto the rocky shore, glancing around nervously. The island had previously hosted a thriving village, but then a team of mafia desolated the island and left none alive. Half standing structures and rusting armor were littered across the remains of the village.

But the island’s location was too good to waste, and plans were already being made to resettle it. But first, there was the daunting task of cleaning up the mess, and burying the unfortunate grave digger in a proper graveyard. And thus, a team of hardy Grave Diggers had been collected to cleanse the island of its dark past, preferable before the undead gained footing on the island.

The primary Benefactor of this expedition was Xccj, who quickly herded all the Grave Diggers off the boat. “You all have a big task ahead of you,” he said. “But it is too late to start digging graves tonight, so go ahead and set up camp for now. Y’all need to be well rested for the hard work that will come tomorrow. But before you go, please select a new mask to wear, for sanitation purposes.”

As the others shuffled through the collection on masks, Rassilon (TTL) said, “I want a Kaukau.”

“Here you go,” Xccj said, tossing him a black mask.

“This isn’t a Kaukau.”

“Sure it is, it’s a Kaukau in the shape of a Kakama!”

“But these masks are powerless,” Rassilon countered. “I wanted a Kaukau shaped mask!”

“Well, we don’t have any of those,” Xccj said. “And these new masks will help you recognize each other, since there shouldn’t be any duplicates.”

“Why would we need to recognize each other’s masks?” Valendale asked.

“Because there is the slightest chance that you might run across some undead around here, so it’s good to know who is who,” Xccj said. “Now, set up your tents, and I’ll see you all tomorrow!”

“Wait, why are you not staying here?” Rahkshi Guurahk asked.

“Because it’s super creepy here, I wouldn’t want to spend the night,” Xccj said, jumping back on the boat and pushing off. “See ya!”

Grumbling, the rest of the Grave Diggers started to make camp. But not all of them were as innocent as they appeared. The Vampire, draped in a dark cloak to protect them from the sunlight, shuffled off into the darkness. Soon, it would be time for them to feed. A Necromancer also wandered away, eager to exploit the dead island to grow an army of corpses.

Meanwhile, three supposed Grave Diggers set up a tent and gathered inside, whispering to each other. “I hear that there’s a treasure trove of jewels on this island,” one of them said.

“I heard there’s buried gold, hidden before the mafia could claim it,” the second added eagerly.

“There are riches here, but that is not our primary goal now,” the third said. He was the Head Honcho, a former mafia member who was now leading a small team of Grave Robbers. “We won’t be able to claim the riches until all these other do-gooder Matoran join the previous residents in the grave. But we need to be careful about this; the Benefactor cannot know about our plan until it is too late. We’ll need to whittle down their numbers slowly.” He rubbed his hands together. “Luckily, these kinds of killings are my specialty. So, lads, who shall we target tonight?

Roles have been assigned and PMs have been sent. If you did not receive a PM, assume you are a Grave Digger.

Roles, please PM me your actions for Night 1.

• Upvote 2

(Okay, writing the scene even if a couple of roles didn’t get back to me. 48 hours seems like a long enough wait.)

NIGHT 1

Darkness fell across the island, and most of the Grave Diggers had fallen asleep within their own hastily made tents. But not all of them were slumbering; the Accountant was at a makeshift desk, already pawing through the paperwork he had taken with him in his mobile filing cabinet.

“I’ll figure out the true intentions of every last Grave Digger here,” the Accountant said to himself. “Let’s look at this one first. Let’s see, supported legislation for a garlic ban, is an activist for the preservation of native bat species, and is a VIP member of a national blood bank.” The Accountant gasped. “I’ve discovered a Vampire!”

Taka Nuvia was having trouble sleeping, so she decided to go for a walk along the beach in the dark. After all, what could possibly go wrong?

As she left her tent, a dark shadow moved behind her. It took her a minute to realize, but somebody was following her. She spun around, shouting, “Who’s there?”

The figure came to a halt. He was draped in a long robe, with a hood obscuring his mask, and he wielded but a simple staff. Still, Taka Nuvia could sense great power from him, and she realized who he was. “You’re the Gate Keeper?”

The figure didn’t respond. “So you’re following me around tonight?” Taka Nuvia asked. Again, no response. “Well, I hope you don’t mind a stroll down along the beach, cause that’s what I’m planning to do.” With that said, Taka Nuvia continued along with her walk, with the Gate Keeper following closely behind her.

Scrubbish was snoozing within his tent, murmuring in his sleep, when somebody burst through with such gusto that he awoke with a start. He saw a cloaked figure standing above him, wielding a wooden stake in one hand, and a raw steak in the other.

“I am the Vampire Hunter!” the figure roared. “I am here to smite the undead! Prepare to be vanquished!”

“But… but I’m not undead,” Scrubbish said.

The Vampire Hunter paused. “You’re not the Necromancer? Or a Vampire? Are you sure?”

“Pretty sure,” Scrubbish insisted.

The Vampire Hunter’s eyes narrowed. “I do not sense any evil energies from you this night. So I shall depart, and hunt for the undead elsewhere!” With a swish of their cloak, the Vampire Hunter disappeared into the night.

The Vampire was out and about, and he was hungry. It had been days since he had last fed, but now he had the opportunity to pick off his first victim on this new island. He crept towards a tent further removed from the rest, and snuck inside. The Grave Digger was already asleep, so the Vampire rolled them onto their side to expose their neck.

The Grave Digger groggily opened their eyes. “What’s going on…” they started, but then they felt the Vampire’s teeth sink into their neck. They tried to scream, but the Vampire covered their mouth with his hands, effectively silencing them.

Five minutes later, the Vampire rose to his feet, having enjoyed his feast. The Grave Digger was unconscious, but although low on blood, they were still alive. “Thank you for the meal,” the Vampire said, slowly exiting the tent.

Dawn was quickly approaching, and the Head Honcho waited impatiently in his tent. Earlier that night, he had sent out the Meticulous One to slay Unit#phntk#1. “Let’s start off slow, give them something to worry about first,” he had said. “They shall feel fear before the real blood bath begins.”

The Meticulous One finally returned, but there was a furrowed look on his mask. “Head Honcho,” he said nervously. “I went to Unit’s tent, but he was not there. I’ve searched across the island all night, but there is no trace of him. Regrettably, I was not able to carry out the kill.”

The Head Honcho frowned. If it had been any other Grave Robber under his rule, he would've punished them for incompetence. But the Meticulous One would not have missed his target without reason. “First we lose the Influencer before we even get to the island, and then our first target evades us? There is another darkness on this island besides us. Yet fret not; this is but a setback, and we will eradicate the others and claim this island’s treasures for ourselves.”

As the sun rose, the Benefactor Xccj landed back on the island. “Alright, everyone, rise and shine,” he bellowed. “We have a full day of grave digging ahead of us!”

“Benefactor!” the Accountant yelled, running forward. “I made a discovery last night. There is a Vampire among us, and he is. . .”

Unit suddenly cut him off. “Somebody tried to kill me last night!” he said. “I left my tent for a time, and when I returned, I found the rocks I had placed in front of my tent had been moved. Somebody tried to attack me while I was sleeping!”

“I mean, they could’ve just been visiting…” the Accountant started.

“No, it must be the Mafia!” Xccj growled. “I feared they would infiltrate our ranks. Everybody gather ‘round, one of you is a traitor, and will be hanged this night!”

The rest of the Grave Diggers gathered in a crowd, and started glaring at each other. Tensions were high, and the news that mafia were amongst them was sure to make them lynch one of the members.

“But wait, there’s also a Vampire!” the Accountant said. “And I know who it is. The Vampire is Lucina!

There was a gasp in the crowd. Xccj narrowed his eyes. “Do you have any definitive proof of this?”

“Well, just a paper trail and…”

“That’s not enough for us to cause a riot,” Xccj said. “After all, nobody’s even been bitten yet.”

One Grave Digger rubbed the back of their neck, where they felt the fang marks, but instead of raising the alarm, they felt compelled to speak. “Let us get Lucina’s side of the story on this. Until then, we can’t be sure if it’s real or not.”

“I don’t see Lucina among the rest of you; he must be sleeping in,” Xccj said. “This vampire business can wait; now we must determine who the mafia amongst us is!”

TL/DR

Lucina confirmed as the Vampire by the Accountant

Grave Robbers failed to kill Unit#phntk#1

Suspect List:

Kuan

Rahkshi Guurahk

Toru Nui

Toa Smoke Monster

Trijhak

Vox

You have 48-ish hours to vote.

• Upvote 1

Is voting off of the suspect list permitted? Otherwise I don't see how we can get around to the non-mafia evil roles quickly.

I'm going to be slightly hypocritical and cite my "one vote per victim per day" rule on the Vampire; since there was no death, there's no vote. However, I decided to keep the Grave Robbers vote going, even though they failed in their hit, because otherwise it would've been a very anticlimactic day. :( So yeah, stick with the suspect list.

Current Vote:

Kuan: 1

Rahkshi Guurahk: 1

Toru Nui: 1

Vox: 1

Edited by xccj

tbh Val you don't really need to worry, there's at least three different roles that have a significant chance of killing me if I target them

and that's not counting the fact that I am absolutely going to be murdered by the Vampire Hunter tonight anyway

(which will also allow you to vote them out)

BTW Necromancer if you revive me after I die I'll owe ya one