LEGO Un-Corks 21313 Ship in a Bottle

21313_Ship_in_a_Bottle_Reveal_teaser.jpg

Today LEGO is officially revealing the next set from the LEGO Ideas program - 21313 Ship in a Bottle. As one of a few original models (not based on an IP or famous real-world item) a lot of people have been looking forward to how the set turned out. I'm happy to say that it doesn't disappoint from the design perspective and looks absolutely stellar. The set will be available February 1st for $69.99 in the US and contains 962 parts.

or read on for the full press release and hi-res images!

View the full article

• Upvote 1

I'm a little disappointed that you won't be able to actually build it as an actual ship in a bottle, but are instead building a ship and then putting a bottle around it (looks like if you uncork it, or take the tube part off, the rest of the bottle is a solid enclosure so you can't put anything in it without taking the bottle apart).

Other than that, it looks like a pretty solid set.  Probably not something I'll pick up on day one, but I might get at some point.

Need some laughs? Stop by my newest comedy, Story 2!

Or, check out my entry for the Triple Insanity Pole Vault: Raiders of the Lost Bucket!

Or (yes, I enjoy giving you options) stop by Parody Corner: The complete library for more information on all my comedies:

Parody Corner| MoL: The Musical | B2: The Musical | WMiiA | WMoLiiA | What If? | McTahu's | Story! | Story 2!

It bothers me that all the "presumably" loose studs are face up in the bottle. That just doesn't happen. (Also, I'd imagine about a quarter of the total parts count is those trans blue studs. Kinda deflates the whole price per piece ratio.)

It's an okay model; the ship could be better, but the bottle is a nice design. I have to admit that I'm more interested in it for some of the clear pieces, but I probably won't pick it up right away. Although I am glad that you don't actually have to build the ship in the bottle, because I would NEVER be able to finish it that way. :|

:music:

I'm a tad miffed that, based on the images, you'll be building this in reverse order, but hey, we can't have everything. However, the set does look stunning. 

I'd love to have this beaut displayed at home!

:kakama:

:kakama: Stone rocks :kakama:

Model Designer at The LEGO Group. Former contributor at New Elementary. My MOCs can be found on Flickr and Instagram

:smilepohatunu: :smilehuki: