The Legend Of Mata Nui Demo

GrammarVahki

I got the disc today, and I don't see any signs of any demos alongside the main game at all.

Then we can all assume this is fake. One question though, was the user lying when he said there were other game demos on the disk?

"Wait, he's back from the dead?"- The 2 people that have heard of me

RWBY Volume 5 isn't bad, you're bad

Of course it makes most sense that if a Demo like this would have been released we would have known of it after all these years. But I like that some people never give up their hope, and it gives me hope too ;)

By just keeping the LOMN discussion alive, there's always a higher chance of someone finding some version of the game, even if it's a developer Demo, Alpha or Beta...

Anyway, looks like someone on youtube ripped videos from one of the 2001 demo CDs.

It seems that these demos in fact probably just includes videos.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLh9o-GvfXb1ga8xO9SJGKpY9EblHf74gR

Biomedia also has one of the Demo CDs as an ISO
http://biomediaproject.com/bmp/lmp/promo-cds/

oBDcYei.jpg

• 1 month later...

So, if you're not part of the Beaverhouse discord, you're probably not aware of some interesting developments in the strange story of The Legend of Mata Nui. It turns out the game was such a mess partially because Saffire Games was run by a tax-evading jerk. That jerk's name was Dave Rushton, but we've known him for a long time under another name: Deep Brick. Yes, you heard me right - going by a timeline of events that is too exact to be coincidental, the Beaverhouse team has come to the conclusion that the founder of Saffire was our mysterious source of TLOM leaks back in 2010. And get this - the reason Red Quark lost contact with him was because Dave went to jail for tax fraud.

The Unseen64 website, which catalogues beta and unreleased games, is going to be doing an article on this whole mess soon. I would recommend keeping an eye out for it.

Edited by Zarkan: Master of Storms
  • Upvote 3

I have slept for so long. My dreams have been dark ones. But now I am awakened. Now the scattered elements of my being are rejoined. Now I am whole. And the Darkness can not stand before me.

It really is. The whole saga of Saffire is being described on the discord as akin to a whole season of Law and Order. There's family feuding, sabotage, backstabbing, and so on. And it all stemmed from the company losing the contract for a frickin' Bionicle game. And to think we always thought us Bionicle fans were the only ones who suffered from the game being canceled.

• Upvote 2

I have slept for so long. My dreams have been dark ones. But now I am awakened. Now the scattered elements of my being are rejoined. Now I am whole. And the Darkness can not stand before me.

So you’re proposing that Deep Brick was the guy in charge of the game all along? Interesting... and it makes sense.

And let’s get this out of the way: LEGO Creator: Harry Potter is not an obscure game, nor is the Chamber of Secrets sequel. They were both widely commercially available for several years, promoted in the back of LEGO instruction booklets, and the first one was even reissued as a “LEGO Masterpiece,” a reduced price edition that was basically the LEGO equivalent to Nintendo’s Player’s Choice line. If a playable demo for this game was included with any edition if either if thise games, we would know about it.

Edited by Cheesy Mac n Cheese

My friend went to Po-Wahi and all I got was this lousy rock.

logowithbackgrounnd100.png

Blue sea...a Ruki leaps...the sound of water

Where is this information about the Saffire saga coming from?

former saffire employees

~Bionicle Online Games Guru~
Current Bionicle Sets: 232/250
2001: 23/24 2002: 20/21 2003: 22/22 2004: 22/22 2005: 23/23
2006: 16/22 2007: 22/22 2008: 25/27 2009: 26/26 2010: 4/6
2015: 18/18 2016: 11/17

Okay I will literally ship this game to an admin who will see there are SEVERAL fully playable demos on the disk beside harry Potter and are all equal to harry Potter somehow. if you don't believe me just ask ill ship it. why would I lie? you got a version without the demos since they do exist.

Okay I will literally ship this game to an admin who will see there are SEVERAL fully playable demos on the disk beside harry Potter and are all equal to harry Potter somehow. if you don't believe me just ask ill ship it. why would I lie? you got a version without the demos since they do exist.

you do have a camera of some kind, don't you? take a picture

• 4 weeks later...

Fantastic news, everyone! It turns out Thiccbricc was actually the head of Beaverhouse all along, and it is confirmed they have the beta! The reasons they've been holding onto it for so long are unknown as of now, but Vahkiti is going onto the Eljay Johnson show at 6 PM EST tonight and spilling all the beans. Regardless, the beta is being released at 4PM today, so be on the lookout!

Edited by Zarkan: Master of Storms

Not to annoy anyone but it seems that the owner of the Beaverhouse discord has got his hands on the Beta for LOMN.

Lol, you're a little late. Read the post I made just before you.

Fantastic news, everyone! It turns out Thiccbricc was actually the head of Beaverhouse all along, and it is confirmed they have the beta! The reasons they've been holding onto it for so long are unknown as of now, but Vahkiti is going onto the Eljay Johnson show at 6 PM EST tonight and spilling all the beans. Regardless, the beta is being released at 4PM today, so be on the lookout!

PJQ3U39.giftumblr_npy06m5SY31u4diz0o1_500.gif9HXaXnY.gif

This is what we've been searching for the whole time, right? The latest possible version of the game?

My friend went to Po-Wahi and all I got was this lousy rock.

logowithbackgrounnd100.png

Blue sea...a Ruki leaps...the sound of water

• 2 weeks later...

So, if you're not part of the Beaverhouse discord, you're probably not aware of some interesting developments in the strange story of The Legend of Mata Nui. It turns out the game was such a mess partially because Saffire Games was run by a tax-evading jerk. That jerk's name was Dave Rushton, but we've known him for a long time under another name: Deep Brick. Yes, you heard me right - going by a timeline of events that is too exact to be coincidental, the Beaverhouse team has come to the conclusion that the founder of Saffire was our mysterious source of TLOM leaks back in 2010. And get this - the reason Red Quark lost contact with him was because Dave went to jail for tax fraud.

Wow, didn't see that coming. Do you actually know that for sure, beyond all doubt?

There's family feuding, sabotage, backstabbing, and so on. And it all stemmed from the company losing the contract for a frickin' Bionicle game. And to think we always thought us Bionicle fans were the only ones who suffered from the game being canceled.

Well, a few sources did state that the game's cancellation damaged the company pretty badly by causing employees' firings, and was probably part of why Saffire went under just a couple of years later.

• 2 weeks later...

While the stuff about Dave Rushton is true, him being Deep Brick was an assumption people made based solely on a couple dates sort of lining up if you squinted hard. Red Quark has since said that the two are not the same person.

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend