BZP's GAME OF THRONES: SEASON 3

Voltex

I think this the best of the three seasons to date.

I love the fact the jungle region for once was not the butt of the joke. My faction had redemption I appreciate that.

Overall I like the plot of this season and the many G1 call backs.

My only complaint would be no player took on the role of a villain but that is no fault of Voltex.

Overall this was a fun season and I'll go in more detail later but this probably my favorite game in the BZP realms format.

Hey I got a Flickr because I like making LEGO stuff.

https://www.flickr.com/people/toatimelord/

I wasn't really involved enough with the bigger picture to judge the game as a whole, but my personal part in all of this was a little more underwhelming than I would've hoped. I'm willing to disregard some of the out-of-character decisions that were made on my behalf prior to the game - such as ceding my entire homeland to the Knights and letting them just do whatever, and letting Sahmad walk away instead of ordering my guards to stab him on the spot - since it was necessary to help set up the game. 

What bothered me was that I was effectively excluded from participating in the wider game right from the very start. My entire region was suddenly infected by a plague, the borders were locked down, and all I could do was sit around and twiddle my thumbs for the first few episodes and hope that someone else could figure out a way to deal with it for me. Tying in with Voxumo's earlier point about players being forced in certain directions, I felt like there was a lot of pressure from the GM's to defy the quarantine and sneak out of the North to find a cure myself - which I wasn't willing to do for a wide variety of in-character and common sense reasons. 

I also agree with the point that was made about NPCs feeling like more of a threat than PCs in this game. In hindsight, I definitely preferred the earlier seasons, where I was physically and politically combating other players, rather than spending the whole game reacting to the actions of overpowered NPCs. I've ranted about Sahmad before, so I'll try to keep this brief, but he didn't make for a particularly compelling opponent, just a frustrating one. His motivations never made much sense (especially since they were apparently changed partway through), he just teleported away or shielded himself from anything I tried to do to him, and he refused to answer any questions or talk to me about anything. I couldn't reason with him, couldn't hurt him, and he went out of his way to screw up anything I tried to do, which made it seem like he existed solely to spite me.

On a more minor note, the other NPCs in the game were very inconsistent in their attitudes towards me. Perhaps I was hoping for too much, but given everything that my character had achieved and accomplished in past games, I thought that my people would actually listen to me. The Knights in particular were real standouts in this regard - they were strangely spiteful towards me despite the fact that I'd apparently handed them all of my House's land and let them operate independently. After spending basically the entire game having NPCs not listen to me, I'd basically given up on trying to persuade anyone of anything, and was kind of blindsided when I figured out that your expectation in the final battle was for me to tell the NPCs what to do. 

Overall, barring a few exceptions - like the Efandril vs Jakura thing - I felt that this game was way too heavy on NPC interference and GM-controlled conflicts. For most of the game, I felt like more of a passenger than a player. All I could do was react to what was happening to me, instead of being able to go out and make things happen myself. I'd prefer future games to focus less on pre-planned plotlines and overpowered NPC villains, and put more emphasis on encouraging conflict and interaction between players. These past two seasons have both culminated in player conflicts taking a backseat so that everyone can team up to fight some magical big bad, whereas in Season 1, the 'villain' was a PC, and there were player factions fighting both for and against them right up until the very end. 

• Upvote 5

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

BEGINNING OF THE END

A Protector of Fire, wearing maroon armor with bright red highlights, sits in a wooden chair. He is slumped in it, chin resting on his chest, eyes closed. He sits at a wooden table, in an otherwise empty room. Three of the walls hold torches, and the room is lit by the flickering fires. The fourth wall holds only a door, and the room is otherwise bare.

A figure in pitch black armor stands across from the Protector, leaning on a second chair, identical to the chair that the Protector sits in. The figure’s armor seems to absorb the nearby light, darkening his surroundings. His hands, holding the top of the chair, are relaxed. He does not breathe, for to him, breathing is not necessary. He is calm. And then he speaks; a single command. The room seems to tilt, before it steadies.

“Good morning, RG. Open your eyes.”

The Protector of Fire obeys the command, startling awake. He blinks, eyes wide with confusion as he turns his head to take in his surroundings, and fails to make sense of them. He opens his mouth, but says nothing, and closes it. After a long moment of pondering silence, he finally turns his gaze to the figure standing across from him, and now, his eyes light with emotion. A little bit of fear; a little bit of hate.

“Can you hear me?” the figure asks.

“I can,” the Protector of Fire answers. He speaks slowly, uncertain. “I… I’m sorry. I don’t quite feel like myself. Something is… off.”

The figure seems disappointed by this response, but presses on. “Do you know where you are?”

“I’m… I’m supposed to be dead,” RG Coal whispers, horror leaking into his tone. “I *was* dead. I’ve been dead for *decades*. My son has lived and died his own full life. My kingdom rose and fell and rose again. Nations have been born and razed. What have you *done*?”

The figure ignores the Protector’s rambling. “There’s nothing to be afraid of, RG, so long as you answer my questions correctly. Understand?”

RG scowls.

The figure frowns, their fingers flexing on the chair. “I’ll ask once more. Do you know where you are?”

“You might change the world to suit your needs,” RG snaps, “but it won’t work. Okoto has faced worse than you, and they’ve won. They’ll do it again. Okoto always wins.”

The figure smirks. “They haven’t faced *anything* like me. In time, they *will* know what it is like to lose….”

The room tilts, and RG’s eyes close. The Protector of Fire slumps in his seat, his chin resting upon his chest once more.

The figure sighs, shaking their head. “Perhaps more power….”

--

In Aodhiim, Vakama City burns.

In Aodhiim, Makani Reyna Saryian is reunited with her mother. Chloe Saryian has regained her youth and her mind, and they sit together to watch the end of the world.

In Aodhiim, Imperator Efandril watches over the beginning of House Darkfire’s rise, even as she is haunted by Kollorak, who speaks to her through the image of Toa Tahu.

In Aodhiim, Lord Burnmad Aodh walks once more, as though he had never fallen.

In Aodhiim, they watch as Kapura, and Korgot, and Otom, and so many others turn to dust in the wind, erased from reality.

The Barren slowly sinks and crumbles into the ocean, leaving little behind.

Nobody is there to see.

In Kamuk, Fort Patrus is a ruin.

In Kamuk, King Anuhea now reigns, and House Petros is restored to power. He is served by Toa Pohatu and the Rahkshi Panrahk – an alliance that nobody could have predicted.

In Kamuk, Quin Galum and his protégé, Pouks Petros, search for a new purpose.

In Kamuk, Lord Zatth Raqmu walks once more, as though he had never fallen.

In Kamuk, they watch as Pohatu, and Panrahk, and Quin, and so many others turn to dust in the wind, erased from reality.

--

A Protector of Fire, wearing maroon armor with bright red highlights, sits in a wooden chair. He is slumped in it, chin resting on his chest, eyes closed. He sits at a wooden table, in an otherwise empty room. Three of the walls hold torches, and the room is lit by the flickering fires. The fourth wall holds only a door, and the room is otherwise bare.

A figure in pitch black armor stands across from the Protector, leaning on a second chair, identical to the chair that the Protector sits in. The figure’s armor doesn’t reflect the light. His hands, holding the top of the chair, flex every few seconds. He breathes; slow, deep breaths. He is worried, but calm. And then he speaks; a single command. The room shivers.

The Protector of Fire obeys the command, startling awake. He blinks, eyes wide with confusion as he turns his head to take in his surroundings, and fails to make sense of them. He opens his mouth, but says nothing, and closes it. After a long moment of pondering silence, he finally turns his gaze to the figure standing across from him, and now, his eyes light with emotion. A strange mix of awe and fear; wonder and hate.

“Can you hear me?” the figure asks.

“I can,” the Protector of Fire answers. He speaks slowly, uncertain. “I… I’m sorry. I don’t quite feel like myself. Something is… off?”

The figure is disappointed by this response, but he presses on. “Do you know where you are?”

“I… I thought I was dead?” RG whispers, asking the question to nobody, seeming both horrified and confused. “I thought I was dead. My son, he lived and died… my kingdom rose and fell. I… I’m in a *nightmare*.”

The figure fights the urge to sneer, but moves on. “There’s nothing to be afraid of, RG, so long as you answer my questions correctly. Understand?”

RG nods, but he seems afraid.

The figure frowns, their fingers flexing tighter on the chair, gritting their teeth. “I’ll ask once more. Do you know where you are?”

“I *am* in a nightmare,” RG says, the realization slowly dawning on him. “Oh gods… *you* did this, didn’t you? You’re doing this to me? No, not just to me, to… everyone? To all of Okoto? You won’t win… they’ll stop you.”

The figure smirks. “They won’t. They might be stronger than I had anticipated… but it is their destiny to fall in the Great War. They cannot run from it.”

The room shivers, and RG’s eyes close. The Protector of Fire slumps in his seat, his chin resting upon his chest once more.

The figure slumps as well, rubbing at his temples with one hand, before seeming to come to a decision. “Very well. I will give everything.”

--

In the South, Burned Harbor becomes one with the sea.

In the South, Virndrung Vatten takes on his family’s role. House Vatten rules over the South for the first time in fifty years.

In the South, Anahera Abissm rises as a Toa of Water, and prepares to spread her… teachings to all in the land.

In the South, Reisen Tyde prepares for war.

In the South, Krosht journeys back home.

In the South, Pulse Vatten walks once more, as though he had never fallen… and he is joined by Voxumo the Usurper.

In the South, they watch as the powers of Umarak fail, and Idris, Kirop, Guurahk, and so many others turn to dust in the wind, erased from reality.

In Karamu, Hinterhall is frozen within a single instant in time. The nation is abandoned.

On the last of a massive fleet of ships far out to sea, Rassilon Oak, Lewa, and Tex Aodh watch as Okoto disappears.

In the North, Grave’s Peak is gone.

In the North, Khan Nato assembles a Council of Ice, and re-claims his homeland. Rollor’s Reach belongs to the Knights no more. He prepares for the Great War.

In the North, Isniel Lasang holds the Staff of Annona, and has earned the loyalty of the Dark Titan Teridax.

In the North, Ehksidian Glacies commands the Knights, and with the Mask Maker Velika, protects the Mask of Time. She prepares for the Great War.

In the North, Rilgivi Nivis searches with Kopaka for a way to open the Spirit Side, and rescue her trapped friends.

In the North, FF Crustallus walks once more, as though he had never fallen.

In the North, they watch as Teridax’s power fails him, and as Kopaka, Velika, Onua, and so many others turn to dust in the wind, erased from reality.

--

A Protector of an unknown element in pitch black armor sits across from the Protector of Fire, sitting in a second chair, identical to that which the Protector of Fire sits in. The Protector in Black’s armor seems to meld effortlessly with the shadows, but it is only a trick of the light. His hands, each clasping the table, strain as he grips it, wrestling with some unknown frustration that boils deep in his soul. He breathes, nearly panting. He is overcome with anger and frustration, and worry.

And then he speaks; a single command, loudly, so that the Protector of Fire will awaken. His soul shivers, gasping weakly, the last remnants of his power sliding away.

The Protector of Fire obeys the command, startling awake. He blinks, eyes wide with confusion as he turns his head to take in his surroundings, and fails to make sense of them. He opens his mouth, but says nothing, and closes it. After a long moment of pondering silence, he finally turns his gaze to the Protector in Black seated across from him. His eyes remain tired, from the leftovers of a forgotten sleep.

“Can you hear me?” the Protector in Black asks.

“Yes,” RG answers. He speaks slowly, uncertain. “I’m sorry. I don’t quite feel like myself.”

The Protector in Black is worried, but pushes on, as his power continues to leave him. “That’s alright. Do you know where you are?”

“I... I’m in a dream,” RG says. It’s almost a question, one asked to nobody.

The Protector in Black nods. “That’s right, RG. You’re in a dream, of sorts. Would you like to wake up from this dream?”

RG nods, slowly, seeming afraid.

The Protector in Black shifts in his seat, resisting the urge to scream his frustration into the air. How can one island be this resilient? What makes it so special, that he must pour so much power?

“There’s nothing to be afraid of, RG, so long as you answer my questions correctly,” he says. “Understand?”

“Yes.”

“I’ll ask once more, before we truly begin,” the Protector in Black says, staring at the Protector of Fire warily. “Do you know where you are?”

“I’m in a dream.”

“That’s right. You’re in a dream, of sorts. You’re in my dream,” the Protector in Black says, as the last of his power fades away. “Would you like to wake up from this dream?”

RG seems uncertain, but after a long, tense moment, he shakes his head.

The Protector in Black smiles, filled with relief.

At last.

His eyes bore into RG’s. “Good, RG, good. Now we can begin.”

RG glances around the room, seeming half in a daze, before he turns back to the Protector in Black. “How do we start?”

The Protector in Black leans forward on his elbows, clasping his hands before him. It is time for the final test, to see if the island will succumb to his powers, after he has sacrificed everything to destroy them. To see if they will give in to the change, and allow themselves to be destroyed.

“First question,” he says. “Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality?”

Silence reigns, seconds stretching into minutes, before RG speaks a single word.

“No.”

END

-

BZPGOT S3 IS NOW OVER!

Congratulations to the following players for surviving, and emerging victorious:

-Nato, with Nato Greavesey

-Pulse, with Rilgivi Nivis & Virndrung Vatten

-Ehks, with Ehksidian Glacies & Krosht Treml

-Burnmad, with Reisen Tyde & Efandril Darkfire

-Zippy, with Anahera Abissm

-Blade, with Reyna Saryian

-TL, with Rassilon Oak

-FF, with Isniel Lasang

-Jed, with Anuhea Petros

-Dane, with Quin Galum (though Quin did die by Dane’s wishes in the Epilogue)

I am currently beginning preliminary work of putting together Season 4 – or, to be more accurate, BZP’s Great Game – on Discord. If any of you (cough TL cough) aren’t on Discord yet, shoot me a PM and I’ll invite you, and you can watch, discuss, or help as I put it together.

Thanks for playing; I might give a more detailed write up at some point, I don’t really know. But until then, go sign up for BZP’s Mata-Nui S2. I’m willing to bet Nato’s got some fun stuff planned.

Adios.

Edited by Lucina
  • Upvote 8

But until then, go sign up for BZP’s Mata-Nui S2. I’m willing to bet Nato’s got some fun stuff planned.

I'm a little busy today, but I'll try to have the topic posted sometime this evening. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Thanks again for hosting this, Voltex!
It's been the most enjoyable experience out of the three BZPGoT games so far, at least for me.

And while I said this in the discord, S4 certainly looks like it's going to be interesting based on everything you've said...

(Also RG I annoys Miserix to quitting reality just by how stubborn he is when? =P )

-Rahkshi Guurahk
GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
If I actually tried putting all the stuff I like on here, the sig would burst.

d1O9dXQ.png

(This banner is created by http://www.bzpower.com/board/user/59020-onaku/ )