Alpha Version of Bionicle: TLoMN Discovered!

Kopekemaster

Ah, I'm a buffoon and wasn't setting the compatibility mode correctly. :) I have the environment showing up now, although it seems like collectible items such as tokens are not showing up. I can still pick them up, but I can't always see them; it seems like the coordinates are being computed incorrectly when rendered. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Yeah, I have the same issue.

• Upvote 1

Holy Piraka dung I'm late to this. Just downloaded it and played Onua's level till I got stuck (when I go down the long pit, there's what looks like the sublevel transition checkpoints but there's a big stone there that I don't know how to move, my first assumption was I needed to collect all the logos but they're invisible on that level and I only just discovered their existence by chance) and Gali's level till I accidentally tabbed out and crashed the game. The dancing Tohunga chanting Onua's name was too adorable (and a new one, we've never heard of the name Nobua before right? He should be added to the wiki), I had to exit the game to do that again and show my mom. I tried to jack into Makuta's level but it didn't work. It looked different than the unrendered Onua and Gali levels from before editing the .ini. Does anyone know which levels work and to what degree? Will definitely continue experimenting later when my studies let up.

Edited by Toa of Gallifrey

This is really sweet. It's totally broken but still appreciable!

And on that note the game is also absolute garbage but it's the Alpha build so that's not unexpected. Literally everything is unfinished :(  .

I managed to find the three invisible dancing matoran in Onu-Koro but when I progressed I entered a cave off the main path and the game crashed. Every time I try to load that save it's broken and the screen is just black, so when you reach that area just keep going forward by where Kapura is. I'll start over later but I'm done for tonight. It was enough to hear those funny matoran voices!

This is really sweet. It's totally broken but still appreciable! And on that note the game is also absolute garbage but it's the Alpha build so that's not unexpected. Literally everything is unfinished :(  .

There are a bunch of people in the Beaverhouse Discord working on carving some of the bugs out and making the game work a little better. They've released a couple patches already!

• Upvote 2

This is really sweet. It's totally broken but still appreciable! And on that note the game is also absolute garbage but it's the Alpha build so that's not unexpected. Literally everything is unfinished :(  .

There are a bunch of people in the Beaverhouse Discord working on carving some of the bugs out and making the game work a little better. They've released a couple patches already!

Patches would certainly be appreciated.  Do you have any links?

Avatar by Nicholas Anderson (NickonAquaMagna)

My blog: The Jaga's Nest

Any tips on viewing the models outside of trying to play the game itself? I've been trying to get better views of the Rahi, but as this is something that I've never done, I really have no idea on the best method of trying to get the models out.

There is some program called Neosis, or something like that, that people over at Beaverhouse Discord use.

I have been succesful with 3Dx Ripper, which will basically capture the whole rendered level without textures and then export it to .obj file

For those having problems with certain levels, having them render all white (like Pohatu's and Kopaka's levels): try starting Onua's level first, hit Escape, Quit, and then start the level in question from the main menu.  Pohatu's level doesn't render correctly for me unless I start Onua's, go back, and then start Pohatu's.

• Upvote 2

Avatar by Nicholas Anderson (NickonAquaMagna)

My blog: The Jaga's Nest

The biggest question I have is how on earth did they get their hands on it?

I saw a user on BZpower claim he found the demo on that old Lego Harry Potter PC game from 2002.

Listen, I don't know why everyone has latched onto this Harry Potter thing, but I can guarantee you it isn't real.
I’ve never played that Harry Potter game but I read about it on the Harry Potter wiki. The Wiki lists all the features in the game but it doesn’t list game demos. So yeah I agree this probably isn’t real.

"Wait, he's back from the dead?"- The 2 people that have heard of me

RWBY Volume 5 isn't bad, you're bad

I saw a user on BZpower claim he found the demo on that old Lego Harry Potter PC game from 2002.

Listen, I don't know why everyone has latched onto this Harry Potter thing, but I can guarantee you it isn't real.
I’ve never played that Harry Potter game but I read about it on the Harry Potter wiki. The Wiki lists all the features in the game but it doesn’t list game demos. So yeah I agree this probably isn’t real.

Yeah, with how many people were on BZPower at one point, there is no way this wouldn't have surfaced a long time ago. Most likely, if there was something on the disk related to Bionicle: TLOM, it was probably the same old Onua teaser video we've known about since 2001.

I have slept for so long. My dreams have been dark ones. But now I am awakened. Now the scattered elements of my being are rejoined. Now I am whole. And the Darkness can not stand before me.

Any tips on viewing the models outside of trying to play the game itself? I've been trying to get better views of the Rahi, but as this is something that I've never done, I really have no idea on the best method of trying to get the models out.

DirectX viewer works, but doesn't load materials as they're a bunch of folders away:

mzi4l8z.png

~Bionicle Online Games Guru~
Current Bionicle Sets: 232/250
2001: 23/24 2002: 20/21 2003: 22/22 2004: 22/22 2005: 23/23
2006: 16/22 2007: 22/22 2008: 25/27 2009: 26/26 2010: 4/6
2015: 18/18 2016: 11/17

Yeah, they didn't get the alpha from the CD. They said they can't say exactly where and how they got it, but it was from a (possibly former) LEGO employee. I've heard the LEGO Harry Potter thing come up a few times (I hadn't actually heard about that game before), and while it's possible that there was a promo video or even possibly a short demo on it, there definitely wouldn't have been the full alpha version of the game on the disk.

rsz_screenshot_from_un_chien_andalou.jpg
My Writing Blog (more writing coming soon!)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (defunct)

Hyfudiar on Spotify (noise/drone/experimental music)

Has anyone worked out the compatibility settings needed for this to run on Windows 10 yet? I'm amazed this has turned up, and very curious to give it a go - but I'm not getting anything beyond white screen with a loading cursor for a few moments, then flashes of black, white, black, and a quit back to the desktop.

I only just saw this topic a couple of days ago, and so haven't been keeping up with all the ongoing processes of getting it to work; so I may be missing a solution that's already been discovered by now xD;;

Banner.png.3e903c5c49a30ba9503c72b2d57066b0.png

"New legends awake, but old lessons must be remembered.
For that is the way
of the BIONICLE."

Has anyone worked out the compatibility settings needed for this to run on Windows 10 yet? I'm amazed this has turned up, and very curious to give it a go - but I'm not getting anything beyond white screen with a loading cursor for a few moments, then flashes of black, white, black, and a quit back to the desktop.

I only just saw this topic a couple of days ago, and so haven't been keeping up with all the ongoing processes of getting it to work; so I may be missing a solution that's already been discovered by now xD;;

Yeah, its not super obvious but it you scroll down on the bmp page for the game there's a link to the latest patch. Among the fixes is win10 support!

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

Yeah, its not super obvious but it you scroll down on the bmp page for the game there's a link to the latest patch. Among the fixes is win10 support!

Okay, tried downloading that... my antivirus program reckons that the patch is "infected with FileRepMalware" and moved the file to quarantine as soon as I tried to open it :/

Thanks anyway, though ^^

Edited by Darth Jaller

For that is the way
of the BIONICLE."

For anyone interested, Vahkiti is constantly patching this game, sharing the download links to the patches on his Twitter. He's made it work on Win10 without issue, resolved a bunch of bugs (mostly visual) and is tweaking the graphics to make it look better on newer machines. 

:kakama:

• Upvote 5

:kakama: Stone rocks :kakama:

Model Designer at The LEGO Group. Former contributor at New Elementary. My MOCs can be found on Flickr and Instagram

:smilepohatunu: :smilehuki:

For anyone interested, Vahkiti is constantly patching this game, sharing the download links to the patches on his Twitter. He's made it work on Win10 without issue, resolved a bunch of bugs (mostly visual) and is tweaking the graphics to make it look better on newer machines. 

Just tried that one too; no better success, I'm afraid. My computer seems convinced that the patch file "contains a virus or malware" and is giving me trouble with downloading it from there. Do you know if that's just the nature of the patch's filetype, or is there really something potentially harmful in it? I know AVG can be rather... overzealous sometimes; but without knowing enough about the reason for the warning, I'm reluctant to bypass it in case there really is a risk ^^;

For that is the way
of the BIONICLE."

Just tried that one too; no better success, I'm afraid. My computer seems convinced that the patch file "contains a virus or malware" and is giving me trouble with downloading it from there. Do you know if that's just the nature of the patch's filetype, or is there really something potentially harmful in it? I know AVG can be rather... overzealous sometimes; but without knowing enough about the reason for the warning, I'm reluctant to bypass it in case there really is a risk ^^;

I can tell you with complete confidence that it is harmless. Bitdefender let it through without issue,  and I did a scan right now just to make sure. We used AVG on the desktop for a while and it even considered official, legit game files from Steam installations with a well known publisher as potential malware. It's nonsense, really :)

• Upvote 1

:kakama: Stone rocks :kakama:

Model Designer at The LEGO Group. Former contributor at New Elementary. My MOCs can be found on Flickr and Instagram

:smilepohatunu: :smilehuki:

it's an unverified executable that modifies another unverified executable - this is why it gets flagged as a risky program. there's dozens of people on the discord server who can vouch for its integrity, though i personally opt to patch the W10 and zbuffer fixes in myself (mainly because i want as little game content changed or fixed as possible, for documentation purposes).

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

have you tried the fix offered on the download page?

Levels render all-black:

Most if-not all people have trouble running with the default configuration. If the game levels do not reader or render very little, try editing the “Bionicle.ini” file.

Close the game if it is running, go to the install directory, and edit “Bionicle.ini”. Find the line that says:

SvpRad=0

And replace it with:

SvpRad=1

• 2 weeks later...

WHOA.

PJQ3U39.giftumblr_npy06m5SY31u4diz0o1_500.gif9HXaXnY.gif

I just saw this today. I need to come here more often...

This really cheered me up after the devastating news about Toys 'R' Us (many of my sets were bought there and it is one of a couple stores I associate with BIONICLE to this day). I doubt it'll work on my computer, though...

Edited by Cheesy Mac n Cheese

My friend went to Po-Wahi and all I got was this lousy rock.

logowithbackgrounnd100.png

Blue sea...a Ruki leaps...the sound of water

Okay, it runs, but a few issues with Onua's level:

• The dancing Matoran are invisible until you talk to them.
  • The cave/door in Kapura's area never finishes loading, it just gets stuck.
  • I tried digging through the wall in the Nui Jaga area and the game exited by itself.

Are these things normal? Oh, and how does saving work?

My friend went to Po-Wahi and all I got was this lousy rock.

logowithbackgrounnd100.png

Blue sea...a Ruki leaps...the sound of water

the game saves every time you enter a loading screen. this has the side effect that any map that won't load (like the cave next to Kapura, "PZZL") will result in a softlock.

and yeah, those issues are normal, this was a work-in-progress snapshot of the game. quite a lot of issues with the game have been fixed with the launcher you can get from the game's page on BMP; that said, a couple levels like Gali still have a few issues that impede game progression.

I can tell you with complete confidence that it is harmless. Bitdefender let it through without issue,  and I did a scan right now just to make sure. We used AVG on the desktop for a while and it even considered official, legit game files from Steam installations with a well known publisher as potential malware. It's nonsense, really :)

it's an unverified executable that modifies another unverified executable - this is why it gets flagged as a risky program. there's dozens of people on the discord server who can vouch for its integrity, though i personally opt to patch the W10 and zbuffer fixes in myself (mainly because i want as little game content changed or fixed as possible, for documentation purposes).

Right; thanks ever so much, both of you! :D I'll give that another try when I have the time! ^^

For that is the way
of the BIONICLE."

I come back to BZPower to take a curious poke and see if anything still twitches.

I find out that THE LEGEND OF #$%!#@#ING MATA NUI DEMO HAS BEEN RELEASED!!!!!!

This is the best Bionicle news I've heard since.... since... the announcement of G2!

• Upvote 1

-I was infected for the most part on April the 1st 7.gifBEWARE

• 4 weeks later...

I don't think anyone here is aware of it, Illuminatus. ThiccBricc has been specifically targeting the beaverhouse discord for attention, going so far as to post there a couple of times and recreate beaverhouse memes in-game.

For those of you who are not aware, Thiccbricc is a twitter account that appeared less than two weeks ago, and has been posting lots of mysterious Lomn videos that appear to be from a yet-to-be-released build of the game. Current theories are that it's either a later alpha or, yes, the long-awaited beta. The twitter account has also demonstrated the ability to mod the game's animations, something beaverhouse has not been able to do in the four months since they got their hands on the alpha - and the build Thiccbricc is showing off has fixed versions of the ice and fire elemental bosses, which are broken in beaverhouse's build.

I'm not usually one to advertise other places of communication, but seriously, if you all want to actually discuss Bionicle and LoMN on a regular basis, the beaverhouse discord is your place. It's far more active than BZPower, and a lot more personal at the same time.

Edited by Zarkan: Master of Storms
  • Upvote 3

I have slept for so long. My dreams have been dark ones. But now I am awakened. Now the scattered elements of my being are rejoined. Now I am whole. And the Darkness can not stand before me.

I only occasionally lurk it, but it's astounding how many things happen on a day-to-day basis. I didn't check in for 2 days and I missed the entire Deep Brick saga. I was also MIA when ThiccBricc initially surfaced. I'm really glad things worked out the way they did, this out-of-nowhere alpha has breathed more life into the fandom than the reboot did imo.

• Upvote 1