Legend of Mata Nui Alpha Version Released

Recently some dedicated Bionicle fans got their hands on an alpha version of Bionicle: The Legend of Mata Nui, a game that was supposed to be released back in 2001 but was canceled and never saw the light of day. But now over at the BioMedia Project you can download Alpha v0.006 and play it yourself! This is pretty awesome news and certainly worth checking out. Hopefully it leads to some new insight and information about our favorite toy line!

View the full article

• Upvote 3

This is amazing and I can't wait. The levels aren't rendering correctly so I'll keep digging until I can find a solution

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

Just for some clarification on the windows 10 thing. Despite not being listed last time I checked, Windows XP virtual machines DO indeed work if you are using Windows 10. My friend tested one and it did indeed work. You just need to figure out how set one up, which I do not know how to do yet but I will try to find out how to do in the upcoming days with the help of my friends. Shouldn't be too hard in fact. It will probably take only 1 or 2 days. (I did E-mail the Biomedia website about the VM thing and they did and notice it. I was apparently the first person to notify them about the VM so that is nice).

ALSO: In the meantime while you guys are waiting for that you can check out my friends soundcloud alt, he uploaded most of the LoMN game's OST there. Its all really good and most of the tracks are original made for the game: https://soundcloud.com/templatteslajr/sets/bioncle-the-legend-of-mata-nui-soundtrack

ALSO-ALSO: I am relatively new here with this being my fist comment/post thing so, Greetings Everyone! I will be trying to notify everyone about this Virtual Machine thing too. Like on other Bionicle related message boards as well.

• Upvote 1

Looks pretty cool; I watched some of the playthru earlier and it looks interesting, I would've gone absolutely bonkers over it 18 years ago! Now, alas, it might be a while before I can take time to see if I can get it to run. (For once, my machine will be too modern to play a game.) Listening to some of the soundtrack now, that's also pretty cool.

:music:

I mean I've been posting topics about this game since at least 2006, but...

What if the reason it got cancelled is because it kind of sucks?

The alpha is certainly a janky glitchfest, judging by the stream. And I believe the prevailing theory among fans has been that it was canceled because of the studio's incompetence, Lego's official explanation non-withstanding.

However, the soundtrack that was just released is an entirely different story. It's absolutely fantastic, and easily in the top tier of all lego game soundtracks ever.

• Upvote 1

I have slept for so long. My dreams have been dark ones. But now I am awakened. Now the scattered elements of my being are rejoined. Now I am whole. And the Darkness can not stand before me.

And I thought the release of the movie soundtracks was surprising! WOAH! Time to see if I can get this running through Wine on my Linux partition and/or running on my Windows 10 partition...

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

Not to kill the vibe, but I caution you folks: several of my friends have experienced severe computer issues upon installation of the game, ranging from sporadic crashing to full on Blue Screens. 

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

Not to kill the vibe, but I caution you folks: several of my friends have experienced severe computer issues upon installation of the game, ranging from sporadic crashing to full on Blue Screens. 

Do you think that was caused by the installer or the game itself?

The installer seems super hacky to me. When I ran it on my decade-old Windows Vista laptop, when the time came for the installer to copy the game files under Program Files, it instead opened up a program for an old Epson scanner I still had installed. Bizarre, I know. My theory is that this is because the name of the executable for the scanner program happened to be ECOPY.exe, and the installer was searching the Program Files directory for the first program with "copy" in the name to use to copy files. Sure enough, I got it to work by temporarily moving the scanner program out of the Program Files directory.

Just thought I'd share this odd quirk. Reports of buggy behavior like this can be really helpful to people sometimes.