Metru Nui...a bit blockier: Update 9/28/2022

v232skull

So i've been making Metru Nui in minecraft. It's not much so far, messing with designs and stuff for the chutes and whatnot in another world and messing with the biomes more than anything, but it's there.

2018_02_21_19_04_22.png

The main trouble i'm having right now is the size. See that grid it's on? Each of those is a 2048x2048 meter map. The entirety of the place is 28 of those. It's huge. I'm a bit in over my head. If anybody wants to help work on it, I would appreciate it because on friendly estimation it would take 12 years for me, using my free time, to complete this.

Update 9/28/2022: My place burned and i'm only now getting back to it. Restarting from scratch. ugh. Should I do it full scale or height scale?

Update 2/19/2023: Got a second person to help with working on it and input. Biome coordinated and terrain coordinated the different metru. Took alot of trial and error to get the height to width rations done, but it looks so much nicer than other attempts.

metru.png

Edited by v232skull
Update on project
  • Upvote 5

Nice work on your project so far!

I am the proud owner and moderator of a couple of Minecraft servers. I would be happy to host your project and provide you with some help, as well as WorldEdit.

If you want to take up my offer, feel free to send me the world, and I will setup my server. If you are using any mods, I will need those as well.

LPK

Looking for one of those prototype bohrok faceplates with the magnifier.

• v232skull changed the title to Metru Nui...a bit blockier: Update 9/28/2022