Bohrok pens

bionicleownz

Anybody here happen to own one of those bohrok pens? Can anyone tell me what material are those krana beads included in the pen made of? Are they hard or soft plastic? Do they have eyes sockets on them as well? How big are they and do they fit on heads? Thanks.

Photos of these kranas are always welcomed.

Edited by bionicleownz

Anybody here happen to own one of those bohrok pens? Can anyone tell me what material are those krana beads included in the pen made of? Are they hard or soft plastic? Do they have eyes sockets on them as well? How big are they and do they fit on heads? Thanks.

Photos of these kranas are always welcomed.

I don't have any of the bohrok pens, but I'm sure they're comparable to the Toa pens. The masks from the Toa Mata pens were hard, and were very small. They wouldn't fit on a Bionicle head, but could clip onto a Lego minifigure head. They did have eye sockets, but again they were so small that it wouldn't work for much. I hope that is some help. Edited by jchavoya

The masks from the Toa Mata pens were hard, and were very small. They wouldn't fit on a Bionicle head, but could clip onto a Lego minifigure head.

Well, not really. The masks clip onto special pen beads, and those beads can mostly fit on top of a minifigure neck. (Or a stud.) The masks are too large to fit around a standard minifig head.

I haven't collected the Bohrok pens, but I have looked into them to see how they could be utilized with regular sets. Most of the beads look pretty standard for the Lego pens of the time, but one of those beads resembles a Mata head, and it looks like the krana piece fits into it. I'd hazard a guess that the connection probably won't fit any other standard Lego element, but the Mata head bead would probably be able to fit on a stud like the other pen beads. There's also an interesting Bohrok faceplate to cover the krana, but it's clearly attached to the top of the pen so it wouldn't be able to connect to any other Lego elements.

Pictures of the pens are hard to come by, as most of the images on Bricklink are so small that you can't see any of the details. A Google search revealed a few ebay sellers who have more detailed photos of the packaging, but I didn't find any detailed images of the beads. (My search also revealed that the Toa Nuva pens use the same Mata head bead to attach specialized Nuva masks, but those appear to be harder to find than even the Bohrok pens.)

Sorry I don't have any concrete details for what you're looking for, but just wanted to share my research on these pens.

:music:

Edit: Don't know if you'll follow up on this post, but this inspired me to make a purchase of one of the pens, and I've posted a short review of it.

Edited by xccj