New Set Ideas

The Other Kholin

As my 50th Post Special, I have thought of some very interesting ideas for new Lego sets, and to save time explaining them all, have condensed them into a numbered list.

• [*]Inheritance Cycle - the possibilities are endless! [*]Ballets/Musicals - It's actually a very good idea. Scenes from the Nutcracker and Les Miserables would make great set Forget I said it. [*]Percy Jackson/Heroes of Olympus/Kane Chronicles by Rick Riordan have good potential. [*]Chronicles of Narnia - Need I say more? [*]Leven Thumps (and the Gateway to Foo!) [*]Lego Food - Sounds interesting. [*]Fablehaven [*]Chrestomanci Books by Diana Wynne Jones - Would make fine sets. [*]Music - Different instruments made out of Lego bricks

Srikethrough generally means rejected, so yeah.

Edited by TornadoToad

1. I've heard of the Inheritance Cycle but don't know much about it. Not sure if they would transfer well into sets, however - are they popular enough?2. No. I can tell you right now there's just not enough interest. A niche would be all that could be realistically hoped for.3. Same as 1.4. I agree. It's a famous and long-popular series, plus the ongoing movie adaptations that will probably also include the remaining books that haven't been adapted for the silver screen as of yet. I like the idea.5. Same as 1 and 3, maybe more so.6. I see that working better for MOCs - Bfahome has proposed food items as a theme for potential BBC/SBC contests in the past. I don't see much interest in it otherwise.7 and 8. Same as 1, 3, and 5. I don't doubt their set potential, but there a lot of things to consider when licensing, and to make up for the licensing fees, you have to sell a lot. For example, I would love to see a LEGO Artemis Fowl set line, but I know that wouldn't be realistic because it probably isn't popular enough, at least in the minds of the powers that be within the LEGO group.9. Same as 6. I saw a fantastic LEGO stringed instrument (I can't remember what it was and my picture of it has somehow been corrupted) at BrickFair, and I am unsure of a potential market for these.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

As soon as I get signed up for cuusoo, I'll see if these can be made a reality! And any other ideas would be welcome.

Yeah, it doesn't really work like that. Because Lego doesn't decide what licenses it tries to get by what people on some site say. 'Cause they have to sell. With kids. Which musicals and stuff won't do. The only ones with a tiny possibility of selling would be Percy Jackon and Narnia, but neither of them really match the likes of Harry Potter, Star Wars and Lord of the Rings. :)- Tilius

• [*]?[*]Oh, Mata Nui no. Just no.[*]Interesting. However, it's not very vehicle based, so most sets would just be huge location sets. I see an interesting Grover minifig... Maybe two peg legs would look like it.[*]I don't know much about it, but I dunno.[*]?[*]Can you imagine how many choking hazards that would pose? :P[*]?[*]?[*]Yawn

aouROFb.png

2. While   is a very good musical, I just don't think it would be good with LEGO. As for Les Mis, that would be amazing!Javert at the BridgeAs Inspect Javert is torn between Jean Valjean's acts of kindness at the barricades and his idea of a brutal ex-convict that throws his entire ideology upside down, he realizes that he cannot reconcile both the law and what is moral. Will Javert commit suicide by jumping off the bridge into the Seine or deliver a monologue and then commit suicide by jumping off the bridge into the Seine? You decide!Sewer EscapeListen to Victor Hugo explain to us endlessly about how Paris's human waste could be used as fertilizer to feed all of France and all the money it wastes in doing that. Then, as an exciting turn, listen to Hugo's recount of the exploration and mapping of the entire sewer system of Paris throughout the years! Then guide Jean Valjean as he carries the unconscious Marius through this maze of shadows to freedom!Barricades PlaysetAfter the death of General Lamarque, play through the chaos of the June Rebellion, anticipated by years of social tensions between the Republicans and Monarchists and the people's disappointment with the results of the July Revolution of 1830. Help to rally the group with Enjolras, collect bullets and get shot with Gavroche, drink with Grantaire, and fight bravely with the other members of the Friends of the ABC. Help Jean Valjean rescue Marius and guide him down to the sewers of Paris! Will the rebels win, or will the army triumph? You decide!Contains 12 minifigs.4. What about the His Dark Materials?I would suggest LEGO LEGO. It would be about kids who play with Lego Bricks. It's a theme about what we like best!Also LEGO MSPA. Somebody, suggest it on Cuusoo just for the heck of it.

Edited by Waffles

• 2 weeks later...

As my 50th Post Special, I have thought of some very interesting ideas for new Lego sets, and to save time explaining them all, have condensed them into a numbered list.

• [*]Inheritance Cycle - the possibilities are endless! [*]Ballets/Musicals - It's actually a very good idea. Scenes from the Nutcracker and Les Miserables would make great sets. [*]Percy Jackson/Heroes of Olympus/Kane Chronicles by Rick Riordan have good potential. [*]Chronicles of Narnia - Need I say more? [*]Leven Thumps (and the Gateway to Foo!) [*]Lego Food - Sounds interesting. [*]Fablehaven [*]Chrestomanci Books by Diana Wynne Jones - Would make fine sets. [*]Music - Different instruments made out of Lego bricks.

As soon as I get signed up for cuusoo, I'll see if these can be made a reality! And any other ideas would be welcome.

Defintiely the Inheritance Cylce. With LOTR out, i don't want much more.

SpecOperations9.jpg

Feel free to friend me!

• 3 weeks later...

LEGO Inheritance... Just like Ninjago's snake tails it'll probably result in parts reused in other stuff... Also those books are (in more ways than one) EPIC. I just hope there'll be a LEGO Shruikan. then my epic dark minifig (for now named Bob, lol) can have a proper mount in the form of a small(er than Shruikan) black dragon *SQUEE!*

toatanusignature.png

A Chronicles of Narnia theme would probably be the most likely candidate for a licensed theme because of two reasons:

• [*]The movie was produced by Disney, which LEGO already has licenses with.[*]The story features several things that could be recreated well in LEGO.

It's quite possible that when we get a new Narnia movie (if we do), LEGO will make some sets for it.

Edited by Meiko

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

• 2 months later...

Yeah, it doesn't really work like that. Because Lego doesn't decide what licenses it tries to get by what people on some site say. 'Cause they have to sell. With kids. Which musicals and stuff won't do. The only ones with a tiny possibility of selling would be Percy Jackon and Narnia, but neither of them really match the likes of Harry Potter, Star Wars and Lord of the Rings. :)- Tilius
Okay, I was half asleep, so of course I sounded cheesy. Yeah. Sorry. It's gone now. So is half the other stuff.

Okay, I was half asleep, so of course I sounded cheesy. Yeah. Sorry. It's gone now. So is half the other stuff.
Please do not post in topics that have been inactive for 30 days or more in the LEGO Sets Forum, as per this topic.Topic closed.newso1.png

"As a writer you ask yourself to dream while awake." ~ Aimee Bender