LEGO Reveals 10261 Roller Coaster

10261_Roller_Coaster_Announce_teaser.jpg

Yesterday LEGO revealed the latest addition to the Creator Expert Fairgrounds theme, and it sure looks like a blast! 10261 Roller Coaster is massive - weighing in at over four thousand parts - and has some pretty amazing playability, especially when you combine it with Power Functions or LEGO Boost. VIPs will be able to buy it starting May 16th, with sales opening to everyone on June 1st. To learn more and see all the hi-res pictures about this set, read on!

View the full article

This looks pretty cool. I am surprised that Lego is releasing two Roller Coasters in the same summer, however.  

Two likely reasons: firstly, to better distribute the cost of all those new molds across more sets (see also the City, Super Heroes, Speed Champions, and Friends sets that have used or will used the track), and secondly to provide a more affordable option for kids and families who can't afford this $380 behemoth.

I wonder how long it'll be till Lego makes one with a loop?

There are some logistical issues that might prevent a loop from working with the design of these roller coaster cars and tracks. The cars can't really make horizontal turns and vertical inclines at the same time, which is sort of a necessity for a loop so that the start and end of the loop don't intersect.

• Upvote 2

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

This looks pretty cool. I am surprised that Lego is releasing two Roller Coasters in the same summer, however.  

Two likely reasons: firstly, to better distribute the cost of all those new molds across more sets (see also the City, Super Heroes, Speed Champions, and Friends sets that have used or will used the track), and secondly to provide a more affordable option for kids and families who can't afford this $380 behemoth.

Ah, I forgot about the new mold costs. I'm not complaining, since dropping nearly $400 is not insignificant for most fans. 

MVT Lego Space Galactic Cruiser

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/593592ef-5da6-4a2a-9422-a17e0f8438ea

Please help and support this project! Your contribution is greatly appreciated.