What Kanohi would you like to have seen in Bionicle?

I think the title is self-explanatory, but I'll sat it again, what Kanohi would you like to have seen in Bionicle?

For me the only thing I can think of right now is a mask of redirection, Great can redirect any flying projectile anywhere in your field of view, while the Noble only redirects projectiles that are flying at you. All redirections are random.

Edited by Legodudelol

My Epic: Ahkmou's Return and My story collection: Takanuva's Travels are my stories so far, look 'em up.

I think the title is self-explanatory, but I'll sat it again, what Kanohi would you like to have seen in Bionicle?

For me the only thing I can think of right now is a mask of redirection, Great can redirect any flying projectile anywhere in your field of view, while the Noble only redirects projectiles that are flying at you. All redirections are random.

That sounds really hazardous, especially if you're redirecting cordak rocket bolts...  :onfire:  :D

Maybe a mask of transmutation, being able to change inorganic materials into other types of that material (take protodermis, you can turn normal solid protodermis into drinkable liquid if you didn't have a toa of water around, or your armor into protosteel.

Animation_Mangaia.png.e38a5644c8a08bfd4c488514025b5017.png

Formerly Iron_Man5

• 3 weeks later...

I want to see someone make a mask out of a freeze disk or reconstitutes at random disk and see how those powers could possibly be beneficial to the user.

A Mask of Freezing would probably be like a Komau, although the only thing it could do would be to make a target paralyzed rather than controlling them to do what the user wants. A Toa could use one to temporarily paralyze an enemy, allowing their teammates to easily attack. 

As for a Reconstitues at Random disk, that would most likely be Miserix's Mask of Mutation.

I would go with the Mask of Electricity because I like electricity. Plus, I think a Toa would need it, like how Hewkii wears the Garai, aka Mask of Gravity. It would be cool to have another Toa have two elemental powers in a way (I'm looking at Hewkii Mahri). That Toa also do that as a defense strategy. :)

Edited by Lenny7092

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

mask of freezing, freeze time-space of surrounding targets while the noble stops one.

I'm reopening the comic forum on this link below

phintodaily.gif 
the ask-along-phinto comic
chibimaker.gif
make your own chibitoran
gamedis.gif
game programmer wanted.
razorsprites.gif  
try my sprites if you like.

My two proudest original Kanohi ideas are the Karsus and the Nimmin. The Kanohi Karsus is the Mask of Frenzy, giving the user a brief but powerful burst of violent energy. It is clearly not a mask most Toa would use. The Nimmin is the Mask of Recall, bringing to the front of the user's mind the memory of anything they have ever seen or heard, no matter how insignificant, if it benefits their given situation. The Nimmin is always on at a low level.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

All I can think of is to make more Masks that look good in more colors and to have put more thought into what we got. So for instance, the Kanohi Nuva suck, look bad, and make no sense because half of the six great kanohi's powers can't be quantifiably upgraded; what, does the Akaku Nuva have the power of x-ray vision but more? Can it see through seeing through things?

But in an even greater example, the Toa Metru Kanohi: let's ignore for a moment that great and noble were obviously meant to be two categories of Kanohi, not quality levels, and therefore the Metru masks should've been new masks with new powers. Instead, let's focus on the fact that Nokama's Rau and Lhikan's Hau are the only masks of the seven that resemble what they claim to be versions of. The Matatu in particular inexplicably has a scope on it, and the Huna looks more like a new form of Kaukau.

All I can think of is to make more Masks that look good in more colors and to have put more thought into what we got. So for instance, the Kanohi Nuva suck, look bad, and make no sense because half of the six great kanohi's powers can't be quantifiably upgraded; what, does the Akaku Nuva have the power of x-ray vision but more? Can it see through seeing through things?

But in an even greater example, the Toa Metru Kanohi: let's ignore for a moment that great and noble were obviously meant to be two categories of Kanohi, not quality levels, and therefore the Metru masks should've been new masks with new powers. Instead, let's focus on the fact that Nokama's Rau and Lhikan's Hau are the only masks of the seven that resemble what they claim to be versions of. The Matatu in particular inexplicably has a scope on it, and the Huna looks more like a new form of Kaukau.

According to BS01, the Akaku Nuva can see through illusions as well as physical objects. The other Kanohi Nuva have quantifiable upgrades, too:

Hau - The shield generated is stronger than the regular Hau's shield.

Kaukau - The user can breathe underwater for an unlimited about of time; the regular Kaukau can't work nonstop.

Kakama - Lets you run so fast your molecules vibrate and you can phase through solid objects. (This was part of an epic scene in BIONICLE Chronicles 4).

Miru - I grant you that BS01 doesn't have an exact definition for this one.

Pakari - Gives them the maximum strength their muscles can withstand.

As for the Metru masks, you're definitely right; they pulled a bit of a retcon on us there.

• Upvote 2

"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

From my understanding, the Miru Nuva lets you rise up off the ground from a standstill. Originally it just kept you from falling, or if you used it with a Kakama, you could get a running jump off the ground, the Miru Nuva lets you float upwards by your own power. Not as fast as the Kadin, I grant you, but it does more than just keep you from falling to the ground.

• Upvote 1

Formerly Iron_Man5

From my understanding, the Miru Nuva lets you rise up off the ground from a standstill. Originally it just kept you from falling, or if you used it with a Kakama, you could get a running jump off the ground, the Miru Nuva lets you float upwards by your own power. Not as fast as the Kadin, I grant you, but it does more than just keep you from falling to the ground.

I just rechecked BS01, and you're right. I never noticed that distinction.

"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

I disagree that all the Metru masks look nothing like their noble counterparts. Aside from the Ruru and the Komau, I can see some slight carry over features in each mask. I just might make a comparison photo if I find the time/energy one day.

As for masks born from my own imagination, how bout' a mask of history?

Allows the user to see the history of an item/person/location.

would be useful for investigating crime scenes, or solving any sort of mystery.

keetongorange-bionicle-logo-small.png

Helyrx actually wears a Mask of Psychometry, which has a similar if not identitical ability.

I would have loved to see the rest of Makuta's powers made into Mask Powers. We already have Accuracy and Hunger (and the elemental ones), but masks like Density Control or Limited Vulnerability would be cool.

99.9% of BIONICLE fans forgot about Podu. If you happen to be the 0.1% that still remember him, copy and paste this into your sig.

[unidentified item] /used Scroll of Identification

^ anyone remembers this from old school RPGs? How about a mask of identification which can be used to give one a detailed analysis of the attributes, material, capabilities and other stats of items or individuals. I'm pretty sure the Akaku doesn't do this.

:kakama:

:kakama: Stone rocks :kakama:

Model Designer at The LEGO Group. Former contributor at New Elementary. My MOCs can be found on Flickr and Instagram

:smilepohatunu: :smilehuki:

A mask of density control would be cool, or a mask of elasticity. And, while I'm just throwing out ideas, how about a great mask of chocolate chip cookies? :D

I believe Tuyet actually wears the mask of intangibility, which does one half of what density control does. It can make her intangible, but cannot increase her density to become impervious to damage. :)

Formerly Iron_Man5

A mask of density control would be cool, or a mask of elasticity. And, while I'm just throwing out ideas, how about a great mask of chocolate chip cookies? :D

I believe Tuyet actually wears the mask of intangibility, which does one half of what density control does. It can make her intangible, but cannot increase her density to become impervious to damage. :)

I believe the Kraata's version of Density Control also allows the user to control the density of other objects within touch (hence that scence in BA3), but that is nitpicking at this point :P

99.9% of BIONICLE fans forgot about Podu. If you happen to be the 0.1% that still remember him, copy and paste this into your sig.

I believe the Kraata's version of Density Control also allows the user to control the density of other objects within touch (hence that scence in BA3), but that is nitpicking at this point :P

What scene in BA3 are you referring to? IIRC, the Rahkshi of Density Control was able to modify its own density to float and phase through things.

Helyrx actually wears a Mask of Psychometry, which has a similar if not identitical ability.

I would have loved to see the rest of Makuta's powers made into Mask Powers. We already have Accuracy and Hunger (and the elemental ones), but masks like Density Control or Limited Vulnerability would be cool.

Actually, the Mask of Hunger doesn't have exactly the same power as the Rahkshi of Hunger. The Kanohi Avsa drains inner light, creating a being of shadow if the drain is complete, while Vorahk's power is to feed off of an opponent's physical strength. If there were a mask power based on Vorahk's power, it would probably be called a Mask of Absorption to avoid confusion. Unless of course a Mask of Confusion was being used, in which case confusion would not be avoided.

• Upvote 1

"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

What scene in BA3 are you referring to? IIRC, the Rahkshi of Density Control was able to modify its own density to float and phase through things.

Actually, the Mask of Hunger doesn't have exactly the same power as the Rahkshi of Hunger. The Kanohi Avsa drains inner light, creating a being of shadow if the drain is complete, while Vorahk's power is to feed off of an opponent's physical strength. If there were a mask power based on Vorahk's power, it would probably be called a Mask of Absorption to avoid confusion. Unless of course a Mask of Confusion was being used, in which case confusion would not be avoided.

Yeah I thought the Rahkshi phased the wall with the Toa Metru at some point, but apparently not...

And yeah, the Masks probably doesn't have to do the exact same thing as the Rahkshi power does. The Avsa can drain energy as well, so it has extensions to the power of hunger. It's just like how Mask of Illusion creates optical illusions while Rahkshi of Illusion creates mental illusions... but also the Mahiki user can shapeshift just like a Rahkshi shapeshifts? Oh gosh, maybe Greg wrote all these powers with a Mask of Confusion after all... :P

Edited by Podu

Yeah I thought the Rahkshi phased the wall with the Toa Metru at some point, but apparently not...

And yeah, the Masks probably doesn't have to do the exact same thing as the Rahkshi power does. The Avsa can drain energy as well, so it has extensions to the power of hunger. It's just like how Mask of Illusion creates optical illusions while Rahkshi of Illusion creates mental illusions... but also the Mahiki user can shapeshift just like a Rahkshi shapeshifts? Oh gosh, maybe Greg wrote all these powers with a Mask of Confusion after all... :P

Also, the Avsa lets you drain energy/light from a distance, while the Vohrak needed physical contact.

I can understand the Mask of Confusion idea... :P The Komau can read the minds that it controls (  :???: ) and they gave the Ruru x-ray vision as well. (I would've thought infared vision would've been better, (it gives you a similar effect as x-ray, but is more useful in dark areas)

Formerly Iron_Man5

• 3 weeks later...

Ooh, I have a long list...but I'll just go into a few now.

• The Garai opened up the possibility of masks for the various elements, so I'd quite like to have seen, say, a Toa of Water using a Mask of Air to control storms on their own. Could make characters a little OP, but maybe there could be a conceit that purely elemental masks are harder to make yadda yadda yadda.
  • A Mask of Binding, like Nidhiki/Krekka seem to be able to do. Just creating an energy net would be a useful mask power.
  • A Mask of Petrification, or something to that effect. It's just a trope I like in other media too.
  • A Mask of Dreaming. So a being could enter a sleeping mind and perform the plot of Inception. Would be really useful for the Dark Hunters to be able to steal info or plant ideas this way, though I'd imagine a mask like this would take a lot of practice and skill to use effectively.

Making brickfilms since 2007.

Check out my latest animations:

, and Avengers Tower!

The first episode of Nuva,

Magnetic Mania, is now live! Check it out!

burning_logo.jpg

• 2 months later...

one of my ideas would be a mask of paralysis and provides limited invisibility for confusion/ fleeing, works well for crowd control too .but it is not like turning into a stone statue

it does not need a concentrated mental link but the downside is that the duration of paralysis effect depends on the user and how powerful the enemy is.

there is a mask fits the bill, called kanohi crast mask of repulsion. makuta krika from 2008 wore it https://biosector01.com/wiki/CrastKanohi_Crast_Small.PNG

Edited by Toa of Ice - 1987

qs3135.jpg

one of my ideas would be a mask of paralysis and provides limited invisibility for confusion/ fleeing, works well for crowd control too .but it is not like turning into a stone statue

it does not need a concentrated mental link but the downside is that the duration of paralysis effect depends on the user and how powerful the enemy is.

there is a mask fits the bill, called kanohi crast mask of repulsion. makuta krika from 2008 wore it https://biosector01.com/wiki/CrastKanohi_Crast_Small.PNG

I thought all it did was repel things in general and only directly away from the user, while my mask can make projectiles go in any random direction that won't hit you, even just forty-five degrees so that it will just fly right past you.

My Epic: Ahkmou's Return and My story collection: Takanuva's Travels are my stories so far, look 'em up.

• 2 weeks later...

I once made a giant list of masks ideas on this site, but here is a high of the ones I think are best:

• Kanohi Fre'Lo - Mask of Attention - The user can either increase or reduce the attention that other individuals pay attention to the wearer or other targets they can see. The noble version can only target the user.

• Kanohi BoshinaMask of Charge – Allows the user to charge power which enhances their next action when they stop charging. The Noble version takes longer to charge up and has a lower maximum charge.

• Kanohi Bok-pakari Mask of Pain strength – The wearer of this mask becomes stronger, tougher and faster the more pain and injury that is afflicted upon them. The Noble gives less powerful benefits.  This mask is always on at a low level.

• Kanohi Kual-Nui Mask of Great Travel – The user can teleport anywhere that they know of instantly, however the mask cannot be used for a period of time equal to how long the user would have taken to get to that destination by another means.  The Great version can carry up to 6 times the user’s volume worth of material, and can only be blocked from a location by force fields or solid objects that completely block all routes to that location. The Noble version can only take the user and personal objects that they can carry and can be blocked by any obstacle that would block the user without supernatural endurance or vehicles.

• Kanohi Nobyski Mask of Ammunition – The wearer’s weapons are always at full ammo and never clog or overheat. The noble version also gives infinite ammo but it has to empty the weapon and then it reloads, which takes several seconds. This mask is always on at a small level.

• Kanohi SmeshuMask of Collision Momentum – When used, any being that is hit by the wearer is flung an incredible distance, and any attempted to push the wearer back with force is reflected back at the source of impact. Noble version gives less of an impact.

• Kanohi BeviuMask of Rope – The user can produce ropes at will that wrap around the target or targets. The user can use this power to tie up a target or link up multiple targets together. The Great version creates stronger ropes and gives the user some control over the ropes they create, while the Noble version only creates weaker ropes.

• Kanohi YoboiMask of Mole – The user can create a tunnel large enough for them to travel through in a solid surface, and must recharge for a time period equal to the time period spent digging. The Great version can do this for up to 1 hour at a time, removing enough material to let the user move at a leisurely walking pace through the tunnel and all material is compressed into the sides to reinforce the tunnel. The Noble version can only dig for up to 30 minute, removes soils at the rate equal to a slow walk of the user, all the removed material is piled up just in front of the tunnel and the tunnel roof has to be supported by some other means. Neither version can dig through proto-steel or liquids.

• Kanohi  Auh Mask of Entrapment – The user traps a target in an energy sphere which the target cannot escape from. The sphere lasts as long as the wearer can focus and can take any blow that a kanohi Hau can take. The noble version only resists attacks the a noble hau can take and any teleportation of the target can free them.

• Kanohi Xuli Mask of Shattering – Causes enemy weapons and ammunition to break in contact during an attack with the user and makes the user’s own attacks against inanimate objects more powerful. The noble version provides weaker effects. With both levels the user has to focus to activate this power.

• Kanohi Zacozsi - Mask of Twister - Spins the user around creating a twister that they can control, think Taz from Loonie toons. When they are finished in this form, the user can send the twister away in one direction causing chaos and destruction. The Noble version only allows the user to turn into such a form for several seconds.

• Kanohi Una’aMask of Purity – Protects the user from all poisons, allows them to instantly purify poisoned objects and heal poisonings in mere moments. The Noble version doesn’t automatically protect the user from poison and takes more time to heal poisonings and purify objects.

• Kanohi Tewxi Mask of Self-Definition – Protects the user from poison, mutation, curses, psionic and emotion effects, mask powers, etc. This kanohi is always on a low level. The Noble version means the user must focus to protect against such effects.
  • Kanohi  JekisaMask of Recovery – Increases the wearer’s recovery rate against wounds and poisons, allows them to recovery from any disease or poison if they don’t die of it first, to regrow lost limbs and even survive decapitation if the head is returned with a minute and this mask is on during the whole process. The Noble version only increases regeneration  and healing rates.
  • Kanohi DarstaMask of Explosions – Causes any target object that isn’t a living being to explode that is within 100 bio of the user, if only part of the object is that range, then only that part of the object explodes. The Noble version cannot cause proto-steel, energized protodermis, antidermis, any liquid, gas or plasma or any non-living organic substance, like a corpse, to explode and the explosions it creates are smaller. Toa consider this mask immoral as it encourages massive destruction and presents a series health risk.
  • Kanohi  Y’TakosMask of Storage – The wearer can store objects and living beings they touch in a statis inducing pocket dimension and then summon them again at a later date. The Noble version cannot store living beings or objects over twice the volume of an average toa, although any such object or being that was stored by the mask when it was a Great version will stay in storage until summoned and any being who touches this mask and can wear or has to wear kanohi can summon object stored by it. If broken all the object stored in this kanohi will be turned into energy and cause the shards of this mask to explode
  • Kanohi Le’avi Mask of Faults – Enhances physical weakness and personality faults of the target so they become easier to defeat. The Noble Version enhances these weaknesses less then the Great Version. Toa consider this mask immoral.
  • Kanohi RezhyMask of Luck – Makes the user incredible lucky. The Noble version is less lucky.
  • Kanohi SasomoMask of Shape Shifting – Allows the user to instantly take any form that exists and the user knows of up to 10% greater and less than their current form. The Great version allows them to gain abilities that this form possess that are not powers, like senses or natural poisons but not elemental powers or certain immunities, instantly know how to use the new form and can take the form of objects that are outside the size range as long as the wearer takes is the size range. Noble versions have none of those three advantages and take a while to change forms.
  • Kanohi SaipaMask of Warning – Reveals any danger that an object or person might present to the wearer and how likely they are to become a threat. The Noble version doesn’t give exact details but it does warn if something is going to be a threat and a rough indication of how likely a something is of being a threat to the use in three grades of danger.
  • Kanohi QuxihoMask of Toughness – Increases the user’s toughness, reducing damage they receive from attacks. The Noble version gives less of a toughness boost.
  • Kanohi QuxanMask of Stamina – Gives the user enhanced stamina, and slightly improves physical toughness, length needed between meals and necessary drinks, temperature resilience, regeneration rate and reduced time need for sleeping. The Noble version only gives enhanced stamina.
  • Kanohi DebuMask of Switching – Allows the wearer to switch physical locations with another being that they can see, visions given by a Kanohi Suletu or a telecommunication systems count, but only if they are of the present. The Noble version can only be used with a willing target and cannot be someone seen using telecommunication systems or a Kanohi Suletu.
  • Kanohi WembiMask of Power Theft – Allows the wearer to remove the powers of one target that they can see for fifteen minutes and for that duration the wearer gains those powers. The Noble version has five minutes cool downs between uses and can only copy certain powers to certain degrees, like only gaining noble level kanohi powers or turaga level elemental powers. Toa consider this mask immoral.
  • Kanohi GoziaMask of wall walking – Allows the wearer to walk on any surface and to resist any power that tries to remover from that surface. The Noble version only permits walking on any solid surface.
  • Kanohi SiqaMask of Sensory Deprivation – Target loses access to all senses they possess. Multiple people can be under the effect of this mask, up to about 10, but it depends on the exact situation. The Noble version only takes the sense away from one target.
  • Kanohi Unka Mask of Sense sharing – Allows the user to share the senses of all allies within a certain radius with each other. The Noble version has a short range and can only share senses that the user natural possess.
  • Kanohi KosuMask of Thermal Resistance – Gives the wearer immunity too all extremes of heat, both hot and cold. The Noble version only increases the range of safe temperatures for the user by 10times in both the hot and cold directions.
  • Kanohi UnachMask of Sharing – The wearer can share powers with allies that are in a limited range. The noble version has a shorter range.
  • Kanohi T’rakaMask of Brutality – Increases the damage and pain caused by wounds inflicted by the user to be far worse, and by passes some of the targets toughness. The Noble version only slightly increases damage and pain inflicted. Toa consider this mask to be cruel and immoral.
  • Kanohi ManojiMask of Limits – Reduces the capabilities of enemy powers, like Great Kanohi to Noble kanohi level power. The Noble can only target one opponent and they must be focused upon. Toa consider this mask immoral.
  • Kanohi Lifagi Mask of transformation – transforms one object into any other object for a limit period of time, about 30 seconds. Cannot be used on or use to create living organisms, kanohi or protosteel. The Nobel level does not permit the use to create extreme transformations like water into a sword, but it could turn a broken dagger into a sword.
  • Kanohi TrocheMask of Co-operation – Gives power boosts to all allies working together on a single task, this boost is based off of how well they work together and how many are working on the project together. The Noble version can only be activated for 5 minute bursts and only improves allies based on how well they work together.
Edited by Toa Jaxus
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
KANOHI list
mask of freezing- G: allows user to stop time space flow on everyone. N: only targets one.
mask of pain rejection- G: that cancels out any pain from users body or feeling of hurt. N: numbs any pain on body. (immoral)
mask of dysfunctionality- G: allows user to disable targets limb functionality from brain. N: disables in short time limit. (immoral)
mask of transfer- G: allows user to switch place with target via teleportation. N: takes a bit longer to do it.
mask of visibility- G: opposite to kanohi hana except it allows user to reveal invisible targets. N: makes target half visible.
mask of deleting- G: allows user to erase targets from existence, permanently. N: temporary. (immoral)
mask of mental purity- G: grants user the psionic powers to cure targets insanity and paranoia. N: cures fear.
mask of mind trip- G: allows user to enter targets cognitive world. N: enters users cognitive world.
mask of elemental energy- G: allows user to grant any elemental energy. N: grants little of users element.
mask of interference- G: allows user to hack technological systems. N: hack technological objects.
mask of temperature- G: allows user to manipulate heat/cold. N: resist heat/cold.
mask of smoke- G: allows user to taint surrounding air to get away. N: creates smoke bomb. (immoral)
mask of despair- G: allows user to drain any spark of hope from targets. N: drains minimum of hope. (immoral)
mask of pathokinesis- G: generates the aura of emotion depending users mood.
  1. N: make one target feel something.
      [blue = sad/crying]
      [red = anger/mad]
      [yellow = joy/happy]
      [green = sickness/queasy]
      [violet = fear/horror]
      [pink = love/affection]
mask of decryption- G: allows user to reveal secret messages and passage ways. N: knows so little. 
mask of song- G: allows user to grant power of inspiring music. N: fixes one mistake of music.
mask of sound- G: allows user to make sound of any location user throws at. N: sound not so loud.
mask of confusion- G: allows user to confuse targets. N: only one target.
mask of hallucination- G: allows user to any target hallucinate. N: only one target.
mask of fantasy- G: allows user to turn fantasy into reality. N: turn fantasy a little real.
mask of seance- G: allows user to show and communiate spirits. N: see spirits (maybe immoral)
mask of plasma- G: grants user plasma powers. N: turaga powers of plasma
mask of liquify- G: allows user to liquify solid objects. N: smelt only weak objects.
mask of justice- G: grants target just rewards. N: gives target little punishment.
mask of acid- G: grants user acid powers. N: turaga powers of acid (immoral)
mask of vaccum- G: grants user vacuum powers to pull targets close to you. N: vacuum so weak.
mask of crystallin- G: grants user crystallization powers. N: creates crystals.
mask of cloning- G:clones user multiple. N: creates only one clone.
mask of insta-death- G: allows user to insta-kill even great beings. N: insta-kill matron (extreamly immoral)
mask of destruction- G: allows user to destroy/shatter/ruin on target/object. N: shattering powers (extreamly immoral)
mask of fertility- G: allows user to fertilize, grow, implant life. N: fertilize plant seed.
mask of twilight- G: invert light/shadow. N: invert half (maybe immoral)
mask of combustion- G: creates huge firey explotions from the palm of users hands. N:creates little of explosion. (maybe immoral)

------------------------------------------------------------
elemental god masks...
------------------------------------------------------------
mask of fire- grants user fire powers
mask of water- grants user water powers
mask of wind- grants user wind powers
mask of stone- grants user stone powers
mask of earth- grants user earth powers
mask of ice- grants user ice powers
Edited by phinto

I'm reopening the comic forum on this link below

phintodaily.gif 
the ask-along-phinto comic
chibimaker.gif
make your own chibitoran
gamedis.gif
game programmer wanted.
razorsprites.gif  
try my sprites if you like.

Throwing some ideas here...

Mask of Combination: Randomly combines/fuses the target(s) with any compatible organisms in the vicinity. The fusion's stability depends solely on the components' will to maintain it, so the mask's effect is more a prolonged inconvenience than anything. Its Noble equivalent is limited to one target, while the average Toa can extend the Great's power up to three targets. Multiple targets can end up fused to one another. It takes additional effort from the user in order to avoid being fused, although they can purposefully target themselves. Most Toa would shy away from such a mask, although its nonpermanent effects leave it in a better moral ground than many a Makuta's mask.

Mask of Encryption: A subdued form of illusion, it temporarily affects a target's speech, making them speak unconsciously in a different dialect than what is normal to them. A Great Mask of this kind makes the target unaware of the change (unless their willpower is strong enough to notice) for as long as it lasts. A Noble one's effect, meanwhile, is vulnerable to the listeners' calls to attention. The Mask of Encryption's power is considered quite useful for protecting information from easily leaving an individual's mouth. Nonetheless, the dialects it generates, while obscure enough, are not outside a Great Kanohi Rau's reach. Some Toa teams have learned to seize its abilities to maintain secret meetings, in which the speaker applies the effect on themselves while the others summon their Rau to listen.

I'm Vrokdann in Skyrise: Ascent, and Luntep in the BZPRPG.

[sigfig in tunnel]

My profile pic's a cool little thing I made called Bettani. That thing up there's just a me inside a tunnel.

I'm thinking of a Mask of Strategy. Here's how it works:

1. The user decides on an objective, which is then automatically relayed to the Mask.

2. The Mask gathers relevant intel that are available to the user.

3. The Mask formulates suitable strategies for reaching said objective.

4. The Mask telepathically inform the user of those strategies.

The Great version of this Mask can formulate 2 or more strategies for one objective, whereas the Noble version can only formulate 1. In addition, the Great version collects intel more effectively than the Noble version.

• Upvote 1

Your left brain contains nothing right, while your right brain contains nothing left.