Official My Little Pony topic

~Allegretto~

The preview clip for "Putting Your Hoof Down" is awesome. xDI AM EXCITE

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

I'll be gone from (ironically) 10AM to 1PM. I'll probably have to catch it later on, which is a shame because FLUTTERSHY EPISODEAHSAGFHKASSeriously, how long have bronies been griping for one? It's at least been since Cutie Pox, maybe even since Sisterhooves Social.It's good we're finally getting one, because FLUTTERSHY HECK YEAH

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

Title: Season 2 Episode 23 - Ponyville ConfidentialAir Date: March 31, 2012Summary: The Cutie Mark Crusaders start a gossip column under the name Gabby Gums, but find it might not be worth the pain the stories cause other ponies.

jlovfkk.jpg

Well, I missed the start of the livestream anyhow, thanks to groceries. <.<Gonna have to wait as well.

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

Iron Will pities the foal!Loved the episode. Not just because it was a Fluttershy episode, but because it was awesome. Iron Will is amazing. And those goats kinda creeped me out.Oh, and Eye of the Tiger sounding song was welcome.

Kalhiki

mrdark2.png

You're Doomed, Rayman!

Boy! I just love it when my computer doesn't tell me when my battery is getting low!

(that's sarcasm, by the way)

Did I really hear that episode drop a Mr. T reference? AND Eye of the Tiger?Anyway, I freakin' love Iron Will. He's not portrayed as a villain, which I like. I really grew to love him as he proceeded to break the fourth wall and just all around act awesome. It's also good to see Pinkie employing the classic back/forth-back/forth-forth/back-forth/back argument tactic. No cartoon is complete without it.

Insant fave.

Edited by lavaside rahi

If you want to see what became of me... I became a brony fan fiction writer.

I'm not a big fan of the new release time. 1PM EST is 6PM over here, so I've to wait all day. Plus, I'm not familiar with any ways of watching the episodes live online, so I have to wait for the ep to be uploaded somewhere.

Ohhh, so that's why it wasn't online until so late. That's disappointing, normally it's uploaded by the time I get home from work, which allows me to unwind. Anyway, onto the episode.

Angel's starting to scare me slightly. Were he a human, I'd imagine he'd be a wifebeater, with the way he treats poor Fluttershy. Seriously, he slapped her several times this episode. I wonder why she still hangs onto him.Yet another instance of continuity today. Fluttershy used the stare on Angel to get him to eat, which I was pleased to see.Also, Ironwill was a pretty good character. I loved his over-the-topness. And the fact he was a minotaur.

LzcD9OS.png

I wrote stories once. They were okay.

^WAIT WATWow, I haven't watched any episodes in months. A lot of videos taking clips from the show and forming memes on Google's video site, but no episodes. So, Hai. Bai.Flies off to the magical land of Skyrim to actually try to finish Elder knowledge*

Signature Guidelines: Signature may not exceed the 800x300 limit. For more reference use the box located in your signature editor.

I'm not a big fan of the new release time. 1PM EST is 6PM over here, so I've to wait all day. Plus, I'm not familiar with any ways of watching the episodes live online, so I have to wait for the ep to be uploaded somewhere.

Ohhh, so that's why it wasn't online until so late. That's disappointing, normally it's uploaded by the time I get home from work, which allows me to unwind. Anyway, onto the episode.

Angel's starting to scare me slightly. Were he a human, I'd imagine he'd be a wifebeater, with the way he treats poor Fluttershy. Seriously, he slapped her several times this episode. I wonder why she still hangs onto him.Yet another instance of continuity today. Fluttershy used the stare on Angel to get him to eat, which I was pleased to see.Also, Ironwill was a pretty good character. I loved his over-the-topness. And the fact he was a minotaur.

Really, Fluttershy needs to do something about him... sounds like a pretty good fic, actually...Not liking this time slot, though... I completely forgot about the ep today because it wasn't on at 10.
19704_s.gif

So, more thoughts from me about the episode:Angel is mean, but totally awesome. That whole scene at the beginning with her (Angel's a girl, right?) slapping the lettuce out of Fluttershy's hand, slapping her in the face, then shoving the book at her made me laugh.Also, those goats kinda freaked me out. And does anyone else find it strange how cows and sheep can talk, but goats apparently can't?Oh, and my reaction to seeing Fluttershy's house boarded up: Stay out of my shed!

Kalhiki

Edited by kalhiki

mrdark2.png

You're Doomed, Rayman!

Boy! I just love it when my computer doesn't tell me when my battery is getting low!

(that's sarcasm, by the way)

Angel was the cause of the entire episode, and it makes me hate all cute rabbits.That being said, I kind of liked that monster Minotaur.Also, another Gone With the Wind reference? They did that in Sisterhooves Social.

Edited by Sumiki

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

Personally, I like Angel, because he provides Fluttershy with the "tough love" she needs to get a lot of things done. Even if he's totally rude, he's a helpful assistant a lot of the time, and she clearly loves him very much to continue caring for him in spite of everything he puts her through.Angel also adds some diversity to the cast of animal characters in the show, and provides some irony by showing that caring for a pet is hard work even for an animal-lover like Fluttershy.Now, as for this latest episode:

Watching Fluttershy start acting so awful was unsettling, to be perfectly honest. But once she began to realize what she had become the episode became a lot better. The conclusion was excellent, demonstrating that like the Great and Powerful Trixie's magic, Iron Will's assertiveness was all showmanship and not sincere talent in his claimed "area of expertise". He went as far as to threaten Fluttershy, but once she asserted herself in her own peaceful manner, he backed down with hardly any hesitation.The fact that Iron Will was not truly as assertive as he played himself up to be reinforces a real-world lesson in that it takes more than macho catchphrases and a pushy attitude to become truly self-confident and assertive. You have to become confident in how you are by nature, which can't just be done by fooling yourself into not taking your real values seriously.On a side note, this episode was a nice relief in that it was a non-romantic episode after two of those in a row, although I've read that at one point you see Lyra and Bonbon in the background, and one of them is wearing saddlebags with a clasp shaped like the other's cutie mark. Ah, easter eggs. :wub:

So apparently there were a lot more easter eggs in this episode than I had noticed before. Particularly in the market scene: Derpy's saddlebag has a picture of a muffin on it, Bon-bon's saddlebag has Lyra's cutie mark on it (which, along with Lyra waiting for Bon-bon at the cafe in this same scene, constitutes what I believe is the first canon acknowledgement of this popular fandom ship), and even Pipsqueak makes a brief appearance.I was generally pleased with this new episode. Fluttershy's attitude change disturbed me, but seeing as that's how it was probably supposed to make viewers feel, that became a pro rather than a con. Iron Will was also a fun character, who in the end didn't quite fit the villain role he had been shunted into by the other ponies.EDIT: Dang, beaten by my own brother.

Edited by Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I'll be honest, the scene where Fluttershy began criticizing Rarity and Pinkie made me want to cry. I guess I'll let it slide, since she was in "new Fluttershy" mode. On the subject of Angel's attitude, I think it's actually a nice touch of reality. Even good kids (Angel's more like a son to Fluttershy, IMO) can act out sometimes, and Fluttershy corrects him in the end anyway.In other news, I guess this means that Cherry Berry is a comedian? This pleases me. :P

EDIT: Woah, weird realization: the pony that cuts in front of Fluttershy at Sugarcube Corner is the same one who says "It's Fluttershy!" in Green Isn't Your Color. Fickle much?

Edited by Keizah the Kaleidoscope

steven-giantwoman-b.gif

[æzɚæθ mɛtriɔn zɪnθos]

Yeah, I definitely felt bad when Cruelshy was ripping into Pinkie and Rarity like that. They didn't deserve that.Even more so when Fluttershy started to cry right after that.

All of my d'awwwwwws toward the end.Was it just me, or did the awesome pacing of the episode make it feel short?

f9Qcky7.png

I loved the new episode. Fluttershy was an over-the-top mean-pants (which goes really really nicely with her character. It makes sense; she's always been nice so she doesn't really know how to be assertive, and that caused her to go overboard). I loved the way things ended, though. Pinkie and Rarity just forgot everything and forgave her the way she was (they even came by her house to see how she was doing. If that's not friendship, I have no idea what is). Though, I have to admit, every other time Fluttershy was cruel was just plain hilarious. XD When she tackled that guy for the cab, I nearly busted my gut. XDDEdit: Also "It's bigger than big! It's double big!""The big has been doubled!"

Edited by Tekulo: Toa of Gales

Executive Vice President of Tomato Throwing

So who else dreams of this becoming a reality? Granted, it'd take a miracle since TLG and Hasbro are competitors, but it'd still be amazing to behold. Certainly far better than most the official pony toys in many ways.As my brother mentioned in the comments, it'd be just as good as a Duplo theme as it would as a System theme. Although in Duplo there might be safety considerations that could require changing the product a bit.

If LEGO and Hasbro could work together for that, it'd be a gold mine.Until then KRE-O MLP would be our next best bet.

f9Qcky7.png

>Learns Derpy spoke recently:D>Learns Sheltering Suburban moms found it offensive and are protesting to remove DerpyRageFaceBlackSS.pngI'm sure most of everybody here already knew that, but i haven't been watching MLP lately. :/

Signature Guidelines: Signature may not exceed the 800x300 limit. For more reference use the box located in your signature editor.