Official My Little Pony topic

~Allegretto~

Omg same here!!! I was calling shinning Jaller and sometimes cadance hahli!

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

Y'know, if Cadence was voiced by Hahli, I'd swear there was something up.But I'll settle with the similarities between Chrysalis and Roodaka when it comes to Bionicle-ifying Ponies.Kalhiki

mrdark2.png

You're Doomed, Rayman!

Boy! I just love it when my computer doesn't tell me when my battery is getting low!

(that's sarcasm, by the way)

Gosh why do we have Bionicle voice actors in mlp?! I'm not mad, but this is illogical!!!!!!!! Nghgnghgnhn!!!!! *head explodes**sigh* sorry, though it's cool how we have Bionicle vas in this show!

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

I just noticed a minor discrepancy in the finale. Twilight Sparkle talks about how Shining Armor is the only pony in all Equestria she enjoyed being with, and absolutely nopony else. Just Shining Armor.And then six minutes later: "Cadence, the best foalsitter in the history of foalsitters? That other pony who I was intimately close to, but didn't mention in my song?"

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

Kind of late to the topic, but This Day Aria is indeed the best song int he season. Having seen the finale 3 times already, that is probably my favorite part. It really feels like a big dramatic cinematic song. The whole thing is just perfect.Also, paid special attention to Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy this last time around, you can hear the kiss. I mean, I had already viewed that scene through shipping goggles, but I hadn't noticed the sound. Its presence, even if potentially "accidental" is amazing and makes me too happy.

AXKP5KC.png

Even as an aggressive FlutterDash shipper I hear that sound more as a swish than anything. Going through frame-by-frame (or as close as I could get to it) their snouts do sort of brush but I didn't see any kiss. It's the sound made when Dash hauls Fluttershy off the ground and into the air.

I just noticed a minor discrepancy in the finale. Twilight Sparkle talks about how Shining Armor is the only pony in all Equestria she enjoyed being with, and absolutely nopony else. Just Shining Armor.And then six minutes later: "Cadence, the best foalsitter in the history of foalsitters? That other pony who I was intimately close to, but didn't mention in my song?"

I don't think Cadance spent a lot of time with Twiley. She was a foalsitter, not someone she would be around nearly as much as her brother.I mean, if you had this really awesome babysitter who was kind and caring and stuff, you're still probably not going to think of him or her as "that person who was always there for me" as much as you would a brother.Also Love is in Bloom is going to be stuck in my head for the next week and I have absolutely no problem with that. It is the best possible way to end the season. Edited by Bfahome

OpAXNpl.jpg

Also Love is in Bloom is going to be stuck in my head for the next week and I have absolutely no problem with that. It is the best possible way to end the season.

I concur. Very catchy and appropriately upbeat. I initially wished that it became less of a Twilight solo and that some of the other characters had joined in, but it just sound so good as is. I don't know of the episodes themselves provided a better finale than 1.26, but this episode was far superior in the final minutes. Mostly because of that song.Also, next time I go to a wedding, I will sneak that song onto the inevitable playlist.

I think the bigger inconsistency is: if SA is Twi's BBBFF, then where has he been for the last 50 episodes? I guess he just wasn't important enough to go to her birthday, travel with her to Ponyville, attend her two victory ceremonies, etc. Obviously this is a kids' show and all, but that's just too jarring. Edited by Vorahk1Panrahk2
BZPRPG

Did anyone else call Shining Armor Jaller the entire time? I know I did...

Omg same here!!! I was calling shinning Jaller and sometimes cadance hahli!

Gosh why do we have Bionicle voice actors in mlp?! I'm not mad, but this is illogical!!!!!!!! Nghgnghgnhn!!!!! *head explodes*

I actually blogged about this the other day. If you haven't already seen it, check out this audio clip I threw together:http-~~-//dl.dropbox.com/u/27614263/Twiley.mp3Anyways, This Day Aria was a fantastic song. Britt McKillip is an extremely talented singer, and I hope she makes an appearance on the show in the future. It's odd that the show producers were so tight-lipped about Cadance's voice actress for so long after the episode aired... Britt really deserves recognition.~ (A VTOAHMKEARH)

I actually blogged about this the other day. If you haven't already seen it, check out this audio clip I threw together:http-~~-//dl.dropbox.com/u/27614263/Twiley.mp3Anyways, This Day Aria was a fantastic song. Britt McKillip is an extremely talented singer, and I hope she makes an appearance on the show in the future. It's odd that the show producers were so tight-lipped about Cadance's voice actress for so long after the episode aired... Britt really deserves recognition.~ (A VTOAHMKEARH)

Hahaha! I love it. I lol'dAnywho, more comments about the finale: Nice to see they didn't rely on the Elements (like they do every time). And, when Twilight read the invitation to the wedding, and said "My brother!?" was I the only one who could only interpret that as: "I have a brother!?" I mean, I knew she had a brother, but without prior knowledge that would have been given in the show, it's all I could think of."Surprise! You have a brother!"Kalhiki

mrdark2.png

You're Doomed, Rayman!

Boy! I just love it when my computer doesn't tell me when my battery is getting low!

(that's sarcasm, by the way)

Apparently, Love is in Bloom has an extended version to it, but no one knows when it will be released, probably with the DVD or something. I can't to hear it all though. With the whole brother thing though, I didn't really get the vibe of her just discovering about having one. Sorta like when they introduced Sweetie Belle, never mentioned before the relation until the episode after it aired. I'm was just excited about DJ PON3 showing back up, with red eyes. That and Lyra finally having a line.

Scootaloo,

the greatest chicken/dodo/scooter riding Pegasus ever

Honestly, I would have preferred the EoH to the even more predictable "power of love." But eh, it was a great finale.Also, I wonder how many little children can't sleep at night due to the changelings. XD

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

*insert placeholder signature here*

Apparently, Love is in Bloom has an extended version to it, but no one knows when it will be released, probably with the DVD or something. I can't to hear it all though.With the whole brother thing though, I didn't really get the vibe of her just discovering about having one. Sorta like when they introduced Sweetie Belle, never mentioned before the relation until the episode after it aired. I'm was just excited about DJ PON3 showing back up, with red eyes. That and Lyra finally having a line.

Exactly! A lot of people were surprised to find out that we didn't know everything about Twilight's family, despite the fact that we had seen her parents exactly one other time in a non-speaking role, and we hardly know anything about the families of other characters, like Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, or Scootaloo (who are all pegasi... am I sensing a pattern?). Apart from the Apple family, three members of which still live together, and Rarity's family, which we also didn't see in full until this season, the young-adult main characters don't really dwell on their roots.In the case of Shining Armor, Twilight's explanation that she had been seeing less of him since moving to Ponyville made sense to me, and I sympathized, considering I too have trouble keeping up with old friends after I've moved elsewhere (I probably wouldn't be able to keep up at all if not for online social networking). In fact, I think her sulky mood on the train ride was due to her partly blaming herself for letting the two of them grow apart.

Honestly, I would have preferred the EoH to the even more predictable "power of love." But eh, it was a great finale.Also, I wonder how many little children can't sleep at night due to the changelings. XD

I was sort of expecting the Elements of Harmony to play a role. Specifically, I thought that the "captured" mane six were somehow changelings whom the mane six tricked into being captured by the others, and that the real mane six would burst in to save the day. The actual resolution worked okay: when you think about it, in a bit of dramatic irony, Chrysalis was defeated by the very power she had used to defeat Celestia. But I feel that it may have worked better if that were lampshaded, so that it felt like less of a Deus Ex Machina.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I watched the episode on Saturday. My brain nearly exploded out of awesomeness.I just learned that Shining Armor sounded so familiar because he has the same voice actor as Jaller.And now I need to sweep up all the pieces of my head.EDIT: Most of the cast of the Bionicle movies has done MLP is some way or another. In fact, the person that voiced Hahli currently voices Rarity!

Edited by Kung Fu Rahkshi Destroyer

"Whether that is right or not...I also...as a Rider...have a wish that I want to fulfill."

I only watched the finale this morning, but what a finale! It was spectacular. Maybe not quite as awesome as the season premiere, but nonetheless a fine example of MLP epicosity.And the scene when the Mane Six battled their changeling clones was actually pretty great. You don't often get to see the ponies punching themselves. Or anyone, for that matter. I imagine none of them had any trouble telling the changeling Fluttershies from the real Fluttershy, though. Pinky-Pie too, for that matter.Further observations have already been observed:

Honestly, I would have preferred the EoH to the even more predictable (and classic, and beautiful, and timelessly tacky if not executed correctly) "power of love." But eh, it was a great finale.

I just learned that Shining Armor sounded so familiar because he has the same voice actor as Jaller.

All I have left to say is . . .Best--wedding--EVER!
Sincerely, Nuile: Lunatic Wordsmith :smilemirunu:

When I know I can't live without a pen and paper, when I know writing is as necessary to me as breathing . . .

tumblr_meb7408mTy1r4ejnio1_1280.gif

I know I am ready to start my voyage.

A Musing Author . . . Want to read my books?

Most of the cast of the Bionicle movies has done MLP is some way or another. In fact, the person that voiced Hahli currently voices Rarity!

Not Hahli, Nokama.
Hahli has voiced Rarity in the past, however.

Edited by Nuile: The Daft Wordbender

When I know I can't live without a pen and paper, when I know writing is as necessary to me as breathing . . .

tumblr_meb7408mTy1r4ejnio1_1280.gif

I know I am ready to start my voyage.

A Musing Author . . . Want to read my books?

Most of the cast of the Bionicle movies has done MLP is some way or another. In fact, the person that voiced Hahli currently voices Rarity!

Not Hahli, Nokama.

True, but you said "currently voices Rarity".

Just watched the episodes. The zombie bridesmaids scene was just brilliant.And for those looking for more Jaller comparisons... Shining Armour's specialty is a shielding spell...And which mask did Jaller have as a Matoran?(Granted, he couldn't use it, but still...)

3DS Friend Code: 0018-0767-4231

Not Hahli, Nokama.

True, but you said "currently voices Rarity".
Wait what.I know Hahli (aka Chiara Zanni) voiced Daring-Do, but Rarity? xD

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

The My Little Pony Cuusoo project has reached 5,000 votes! Now it's more than halfway to its goal of being reviewed and, hopefully, being made into an actual LEGO theme. Since it reached 5,000, it should be getting another official LEGO comment very soon. It still has a long road ahead of it (after all, LEGO and Hasbro are not exactly the best of friends), but the only way to tell if it can make it as a LEGO theme is for our supports to get it that far! Has everypony here thrown in their support yet?

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

The My Little Pony Cuusoo project has reached 5,000 votes! Now it's more than halfway to its goal of being reviewed and, hopefully, being made into an actual LEGO theme. Since it reached 5,000, it should be getting another official LEGO comment very soon. It still has a long road ahead of it (after all, LEGO and Hasbro are not exactly the best of friends), but the only way to tell if it can make it as a LEGO theme is for our supports to get it that far! Has everypony here thrown in their support yet?

Maybe if it gets enough support for Lego, Hasbro will make it into their Lego wannabe.

I'm sure this has come up before, but what's everyone's position when it comes to parents and MLP? My parents don't know I watch it, but I'm not actively concealing the fact and if they ever find out I really don't mind, as they're perfectly reasonable people. In fact, I kind of have a feeling my mother would really like the show.

My mother doesn't mind that I watch it.I'm also pretty sure she has seen my pony collection.And hay, I draw ponies. :P

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

My Dad remains in the dark, but I was going over computer documents with my mother and accidently tabbed open an episode I had paused. If she noticed, cared, or otherwise had an opinion she kept it to herself. If she thinks anything, I'm sure she just thinks its another one of my strange quirks. She's pretty cool about not making fun of my hobbies. My father, if he did find out, would probably, to quote BJP up there, shake his head and walk away.

BZPRPG

My brothers (Akano: ToE and KopakaKurahk) are total nerds, geeks and goofballs. We dork out about a bunch of different stuff (voice actors, animation, Lego, etc).Our parents weren't really like that as kids, so they think we're just giant geeks (which we pretty much are. XP). With My Little Pony they're kinda in shock. They think it's funny, though our dad kinda shakes his head at us. I personally think his reaction is hilarious. <3Our mom's not as negative about it. She knows we're nerds and she probably just thinks it's another geeky thing about us (similar to our fondness of Lego. XP).

Executive Vice President of Tomato Throwing

My brother started watching before I did, so there's no problem there.My parents don't really care, although they comment every now and then about how they don't understand why I watch it, but aside from that I'm free to watch 1080p ponies on my 360 as much as I want. My brother playing Tombstone and Mumble -loudly- though...Speaking of music, new Super Ponybeat, although I never really cared about BBBFF. Especially compared to the other two finale songs...

Edited by ~Allegretto~
19704_s.gif