Official My Little Pony topic

~Allegretto~

But they had life. You're reflection does not.

I love how all of Ponyville goes straight to Twilight to solve their problems.I like how, as I interpret it, it was left unsaid if the depressed Pinkie Pie (I nicknamed her Mopey Pie) was real or a duplicate. Very deep when you think about it. The whole thing reminds me of the Clone Army from Star Wars.
I kinda liked that too. But it kind of reminded of the Spider-man clone saga (I just know an evil villain will tell her she's not the real one).

So apparently having ADHD merits capital punishment in Equestria. Good to know. :confused:Jokes aside, I was a little disturbed by how Twilight simply zapped away the clones. While one can argue that they weren't true clones based on their single-minded pursuit of fun, inability to recall Pinkie's memories, and lack of consideration for the consequences of their actions, it still seems to me that it would qualify as taking a life. Yes, I know Twilight described her spell as "sending them back into the mirror", but visually it looked more like it was deconstructing them and dumping the raw magic used to create them back into the pool.
As I understand it, she didn't kill them or anything, she just sent them back to where they came from. For all we know they've simply congealed into a single Pinkie Pie again, and they have their own world on the other side of the mirror where they get by just fine. I didn't get the impression that she was just dumping raw magic into the mirror at all, since we never saw the mirror's magic resemble Twilight's purple magic beforehand.And who knows? Perhaps if they did re-congeal into a single mirror Pinkie Pie, and presumably reunite with Pinkie Pie's actual reflection, they might now be a more perfect copy of the Pinkie Pie we know. It is entirely possible that every time Pinkie smiles into a mirror, the reflection she sees will be the mirror Pinkie Pie smiling back at her across the void.Or maybe you just got me thinking too hard about this. Regardless, I didn't at all get the impression that Twilight was taking any life, real or not, by sending the duplicate Pinkie Pies back where they came from.On the subject of whether the Pinkie Pie who survived was the real one, I think that was fairly evident to me. After all, while the point of the test for Twilight and her friends was just to narrow down the real Pinkie Pie, the purpose it served for the real Pinkie was a challenge to see if she had learned from her mistake. Her reckless plan to avoid missing out on fun things going on around her was what caused the whole mess in the first place, and only by learning from that mistake would she be able to completely ignore the fun and interesting things going on around her for the sake of preserving her relationship with her friends. By extension, only the Pinkie Pie who had made the mistake in the first place would logically be able to have learned from it.

I like how almost everybody in this fandom over-examines everything :PPersonally, I didn't really mind the Pinkies getting zapped. G3 Pinkie on the other hoof. *shutters*
I've been writing an essay for my English class all day. Really puts one into an overanalyzing kind of mood. :PAnd also, to be fair, I've been overanalyzing things since long before I was into ponies. Hmmm, maybe it's that the pony fandom naturally attracts people who are prone to overanalyzing things.

Tom must have had a growth spurt then. :P Or at least I think so...I guess we don't see the entire rock, so it's hard to get a good reference for scale.Also, what was your first hint that we like over-analyze things? The fact that we've given all the background characters names (there's a huge list on a certain wiki)? The sheer variety of theories that try to explain Luna's banishment, Discord's reign, and the nature of the changelings? The number of pieces of fanfiction dedicated to characters that appeared for less than ten seconds in the show (Octy and Vinyl, specifically)? Yes, the special talent of the brony community is reading too much into everything. sarcastic.gif

Edited by Keizah the Kaleidoscope

steven-giantwoman-b.gif

[æzɚæθ mɛtriɔn zɪnθos]

Tom must have had a growth spurt then. :P Or at least I think so...I guess we don't see the entire rock, so it's hard to get a good reference for scale.Also, what was your first hint that we like over-analyze things? The fact that we've given all the background characters names (there's a huge list on a certain wiki)? The sheer variety of theories that try to explain Luna's banishment, Discord's reign, and the nature of the changelings? The number of pieces of fanfiction dedicated to characters that appeared for less than ten seconds in the show (Octy and Vinyl, specifically)? Yes, the special talent of the brony community is reading too much into everything. sarcastic.gif
Or, for example, trying to determine the political system of Equestria? (Or, as I'm considering, the Union of the Sovereign Kingdoms of Equestria?)

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

I got them at Target, but it's weird because that was like months before the season 3 premiere.
There's a whole bunch of products that Target's selling exclusively right now with a "Crystal Empire" sticker attached. i'm willing to bet Hasbro's letting Target get their own private subbrand of products to sell for the holidays (like the Canterlot thing last year).

Your Honor, I Plead the Fifth.

I really need to handle my signature problems better.

Hey, does anyone else have a set of pony figures titled "The Crystal Collection"? They look just like the normal pony figures but are one color and all sparkly. The set also comes with a green one named Emerald Ray.
Cool, I've been wondering if that green pony had a name. At first I thought he might be a character who would become relevant this season, but I soon realized that they probably picked him just so that they would a) have a green pony to make the set's rainbow of pony colors more complete and cool.png have a pony with a mold unique from the Mane Six molds (in this case, the Big Macintosh mold that they use for all the blind bag stallions). It'd certainly be cool to have a new stallion character play a meaningful role in the show, though.

Evil Celestia? Well, there are plenty of fanfics and fanart dealing with that idea, lol.Personally, I just don't see it. :PThe Crystal Colleaction sounds interesting.

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

Honestly, the concept is just tired now. Ooh, this person's evil. Oooooh, she wants to take over everything. Ooooooooh, this same idea has been pushed for two years with no basis in anything.The occasional "to the moon" joke might be amusing here and there, but the whole "tyrant Celestia" thing has just been driven into the ground so far it's about to come out the other side.

OpAXNpl.jpg

Honestly, the concept is just tired now. Ooh, this person's evil. Oooooh, she wants to take over everything. Ooooooooh, this same idea has been pushed for two years with no basis in anything.The occasional "to the moon" joke might be amusing here and there, but the whole "tyrant Celestia" thing has just been driven into the ground so far it's about to come out the other side.
Perhaps I don't hang around the right parts of the fandom, but as far as I can tell the idea that Celestia is a tyrant is just a fringe belief. So, really no worse than the attitudes people have about real-life world leaders. Some people just like to look for ulterior motives in everything; you can't expect bronies to be immune.

Well, we have seen Celestia doing paperwork and stuff, so it could just be that she is too busy running her kingdom to do her own dirty work. I personally think that her battle skills might have gotten a little rusty after a millennium of peace and prosperity, if her confrontation with Chrysalis is any indication. Also, she did step in during "Lesson Zero" to correct Twilight, so it could be that she is holding back so that she will be ready in the event Twilight goes nuclear again.

Edited by Keizah the Kaleidoscope

steven-giantwoman-b.gif

[æzɚæθ mɛtriɔn zɪnθos]

I'm gonna have to agree with Bfa, lol.Not to mention having her as another Palpatine wouldn't be very original.

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

Yup. Also, I watched a preview, and it turns out the bully is from Manehatten and has a New York accent. Alright everybody, sing with me to the tune of 'Ode to Joy'!"Ster-e-o-types, ster-e-o-types, using the-em shaaame-lessly!"

"Whether that is right or not...I also...as a Rider...have a wish that I want to fulfill."

Yup. Also, I watched a preview, and it turns out the bully is from Manehatten and has a New York accent. Alright everybody, sing with me to the tune of 'Ode to Joy'!"Ster-e-o-types, ster-e-o-types, using the-em shaaame-lessly!"
Wait, how is that a stereotype? We already know the Apple family has relatives in Manehattan (some of whom are less than kind when it comes to the rest of the family). And why shouldn't a Manehattanite have the equivalent real-world accent?I haven't seen the preview, but your description doesn't necessarily suggest a stereotype to me (not as much as, say, Steven Magnet, anyway).

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother