Official My Little Pony topic

~Allegretto~

I just discovered the Aviators remix of Until the Sun today and I... I think I ship FlutterDash now... :lookaround:

I ship all the ponies. :P

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

If you're having doubts about Equestria Girls, check out the new trailer. Much better than the first one. I'm into it.

The new trailer definitely gives us a much better idea what to expect than the previous one did. Though I wouldn't necessarily say that's a good thing, because sometimes a surprise is nice. It seems to have debunked a couple of the theories I had developed after the first trailer aired, but I don't mind that. It just raises more questions that I'm itching to see answered (such as why, if Sunset Shimmer stole the crown herself, she's been pictured as the "queen" of so many previous dances... perhaps that was her human counterpart whom she nefariously replaced).In other news, some spoilery pictures have surfaced, which annoys me to no end because it means I have to avoid many of the image galleries and discussion sites I've been using to keep tabs on developments in the brony community. Ah, well. At least it's less than a month until the premiere.

My cautious optimism for EqG has been upgraded to sincere optimism. ^_^

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

I got to go to a meetup with a bronies group from my hometown yesterday! It was awesome. We went to a park and played games, took a short hike in the woods, went swimming in the pool, and eventually went to CiCi's Pizza for dinner. I brought my MLP comics and Elements of Harmony guidebook, both of which some people seemed to enjoy getting to look through.Additionally, one of the bronies there brought posters from a Walmart promotion last year and handed them out for free to everyone in attendance. I was able to add the Royal Wedding and Map of Equestria posters to my collection, which previously included the Season 2 characters poster, the Villains poster, and a Grand Galloping Gala poster from an Enterplay trading card set, all of which I got at Cloudsdale Congress earlier this year. Our very own Element of Generosity right there, folks!I made lots of new friends at this event and it made me very optimistic for future meetups. I encourage everyone to find out if they have any local meetup groups! The big brony news blog (you know the one) has a map of brony meetup groups you can check. I won't link it here because it includes links to those meetup groups' pages on social networking sites which I think might violate BZPower's advertising policy.In other news, I currently have no plans for how to get to see Equestria Girls. The closest theater to me that still has tickets has a showing on the 22nd, but I don't know if I'll be able to get a ride in time, much less whether I can work that into my schedule. This "in select theaters" release scheme is great for broadening the film's exposure, but it's frustrating compared to the convenience of episodes, which air on a single day nationwide and are usually uploaded to the Internet in high quality that same day if you miss them for any reason.

Edited by Aanchir: Rachira of Time

So, I'm hearing a lot of good reviews about EQG. Can't confirm, since I'm in Europe and probably won't see it for a while. Has anybody here seen it already?

I haven't. Are there any spoiler-free reviews that you can link to from BZPower? I've been looking for some and Google searches aren't turning any up.Not sure how I'm going to get to see it since I don't know if I can get a ride or even be available on the day it's airing in my nearest participating theater. I may have to wait for the DVD. That'll be fun, navigating the minefield of spoilers... Edited by Aanchir: Rachira of Time

Those EqG toy prototypes...bleah. (Just puked in mouth a little)

The worst thing is some (allegedly) finalized toys have shown up and they're... not much different than those first prototypes. Now, there are some things about them I can like... Applejack's cowboy boots and denim skirt, Sunset Shimmer's leather jacket, etc. But the excessive makeup (and no, I'm not talking about the cutie marks, I'm talking about the eye shadow, mascara, and lipstick) is just too off-putting for me to really get past. It's nowhere close to the animated versions, where the characters' faces share most features with the pony characters they're based on.I suppose low-quality MLP toys shouldn't really surprise me at this stage, but still, it's disappointing that with this new brand expansion being touted as such a big deal for Hasbro you'd think they'd treat it with a little more dignity. Furthermore, unlike some product design decisions people complain about, there aren't any budgetary, manufacturing, or toy safety considerations that justify making the face decorations more complicated than they need to be.I've read some very positive reactions to Equestria Girls (the film) now, so I'm looking forward to seeing that. Still not sure if I'll find time to see it in theaters, though, which means sooner or later I may just have to resign myself to wading through a sea of spoilers.Fun facts I've learned about the film: Sunset Shimmer is voiced by Rebecca Shoichet, who has been on MLP:FiM since Season One as Twilight Sparkle's singing voice. The new boy character is voiced by Vincent Tong, who previously voiced Prince Blueblood, Joe, Garble, and (outside of FiM) Kai from LEGO Ninjago. Edited by Aanchir: Rachira of Time

FInally got to read the first 4 MLP comics and they were awesomes.

f9Qcky7.png

• 2 weeks later...

So has anyone here seen Equestria Girls yet? Some members of my local meetup group went, but unfortunately it was the day after a Neil Gaiman book signing I went to, and I slept until 11 a.m. I'm afraid this means I won't get a chance to see it until it's out on DVD or shown on The Hub, whichever comes first. Glad to see a lot of positive reactions to it online, though!

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I saw it. It was okay. The characters were all true to themselves, which is the most important thing, and I like Spike better as a dog than a dragon. There were some nice cameos (I didn't see Derpy, but I hear she's in there somewhere) and the villain was... acceptable. They didn't spend much time on her, she was just there. And her third incarnation was... not very interesting looking. Overdone, I'd call it.The music was either ghastly or forgettable, but I'm obviously not the target for that genre of pop. But overall it was worth a watch. Not in theaters, though. Access it through some other means or wait for a rental or something.

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

I saw it. It was okay. The characters were all true to themselves, which is the most important thing, and I like Spike better as a dog than a dragon. There were some nice cameos (I didn't see Derpy, but I hear she's in there somewhere) and the villain was... acceptable. They didn't spend much time on her, she was just there. And her third incarnation was... not very interesting looking. Overdone, I'd call it.The music was either ghastly or forgettable, but I'm obviously not the target for that genre of pop. But overall it was worth a watch. Not in theaters, though. Access it through some other means or wait for a rental or something.

I wouldn't mind seeing it in theaters as a social function no matter what its quality (any opportunity for a meetup is a good opportunity for a meetup, I'd say), but I missed my chance at that. Overall, I'm fairly confident I'll like it, from what I've heard about it. MLP hasn't proven a difficult thing for me to like even in the case of episodes that are more controversial, after all. But I'm not sure when or how I'll get a chance to see it.

It was surprisingly not that bad. I do wish there had been more focus on Sunset Shimmer (and would definitely agree that the ending with her was way overdone and not too interesting; also she was turned way too easily). For expecting it to be pretty bad... It did exceed expectations in that regard.~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

I thought she got defeated too easily and I lol'd that nobody really freaked out much.

It was surprisingly not that bad. I do wish there had been more focus on Sunset Shimmer (and would definitely agree that the ending with her was way overdone and not too interesting; also she was turned way too easily). For expecting it to be pretty bad... It did exceed expectations in that regard.~|ET|~

...ET is a brony?

>mfw

shocked.png

So yesterday Aanchir and I got the new chapter book, Pinkie Pie and the Rockin' Ponypalooza Party. I didn't enjoy it quite as much as the Twilight Sparkle one, but it was still decent. Pinkie Pie's dad, mom, and siblings also now have canon names: Igneous Rock, Cloudy Quartz, Marble Pie and Limestone Pie, respectively. Sadly less catchy and humorous than the fanon names Clyde, Sue, Inky and Blinky.But don't get me wrong, the story's good. I was sold on the premise alone (Pinkie's family is going to lose the rock farm, and Pinkie's idea of how to save it is essentially to hold Woodstock there).

Igneous Rock and Cloudy Quartz?

Accepted.

f9Qcky7.png

I seen equestria girls a few days ago and i think it was going to be really bad but it was good and really funny. The human world character are really good, like Fluttershy fallen tears for the animal shelter and Pinkie Pie organizing the party. I do love the part where Rainbow Dash vs. Twilight in Soccer and the part where Trixie is just being Trixie. On the part where sunset shimmer put the crown ,make me still think of how some people thing it still a girly show. Another thing is Where Is Discord.

Edited by ShadowWolfHount

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube

I've been inactive for the past 4-5 years, and returned on a whim. I got slightly bored and search bzpower pony, and found this. I honestly expected it to be a single page, filled with haters, but you proved me wrong bzpower. Congratulations.

Yeah, the BZP MLP topic is pretty sweet. Apart from my local meetup group's webpage, this is the only pony community I contribute to regularly. I like it because it manages to avoid all the "OMG this is the end of the fandom!" drama that permeates the larger pony sites whenever something big like Equestria Girls is announced. Not to say that everyone here approves of that sort of thing, but in general, discussion of major changes to the show takes on less of an apocalyptic tone here.Plus, a great deal of the folks here are people I already knew from Bionicle's heyday. So there's that.

I've been inactive for the past 4-5 years, and returned on a whim. I got slightly bored and search bzpower pony, and found this. I honestly expected it to be a single page, filled with haters, but you proved me wrong bzpower. Congratulations.

Hiiiii. You wanna come over to Sugar Cube Corner to help me... BAKE SOME CUPCAKES?

Hiiiii. You wanna come over to Sugar Cube Corner to help me... BAKE SOME CUPCAKES?

Pinkie Pie, eat a Snickers.

You turn into a murderous maniac when you are hungry.

Pinkie Pie, eat a Snickers.

You turn into a murderous maniac when you are hungry.

I am hungry... for your BLOOD!!!

So I saw EQG, and thought it was...alright.It was about as good as a mediocre episode.The songs weren't really my thing.We did get to see Trixie and a little end credits Derpy, so that was pretty awesome.I hope they flesh out Flash Sentry in an upcoming season, I kinda liked him.

jlovfkk.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, I have to get this off my chest.. ahem.

PONY.MOV is - as to quote Roger Ebert - sickening, utterly worthless, shameful trash. It... just is. Partially because of the extreme graphic language, but mainly because it's so... tasteless... and just doesn't do the show justice. Though I submit that it's not the worst parody I've ever seen, but that makes it all the more shameful!

Edited by CHTrilogy

~ CHTrilogy

Sorry, I have to get this off my chest.. ahem.

PONY.MOV is - as to quote Roger Ebert - sickening, utterly worthless, shameful trash. It... just is. Partially because of the extreme graphic language, but mainly because it's so... tasteless... and just doesn't do the show justice. Though I submit that it's not the worst parody I've ever seen, but that makes it all the more shameful!

I don't know if we're even allowed to mention that series.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

This has been bugging me for a while: 1. Did Cadence's body shape change after she became an Alicorn, or did already look that way like Fleur? 2. Will Twilight's body shape change?

1. It may have changed after she became an alicorn, but it's hard to say how much. In Twilight's flashback to when she was a filly and Cadance was her foalsitter, Cadance is already an alicorn but has about the same body type as a typical female pony like the present-day Mane Six. However, it's possible that she became an alicorn at a younger age than Twilight did.2. It already has, but only very slightly. Here's a comparison to Rainbow Dash, who has the same body type that Twilight used to have. It may change further as she gets older, but I don't think she's going to be as tall and lanky as Luna, Cadance, or Celestia anytime soon.As far as the toys are concerned, some of the brushable Princess Twilight Sparkle figures use the same molds as Luna or Cadance. The talking Princess Twilight Sparkle figure uses the same molds as the talking Cadance, Celestia, and Nightmare Moon figures. The Twilight Sparkle figure in the Crystal Princess Palace playset is the only one to have a unique body type like the one she has in the show, but its wings feature an inaccurate shape and bizarre decorations. The Fashion Style toys only have ever had one body type for female ponies, so the Fashion Style Twilight Sparkle figure is the same size and shape as any other.On the subject of toys, I can't WAIT for Hasbro to move past the "Crystal Empire" and "Crystal Princess Coronation" series of brushables and get back to ponies with rounded glimmers in their eyes rather than angular ones. I'd like to keep my pony combination visually compatible if at all possible! Edited by Aanchir: Rachira of Time