Official My Little Pony topic

~Allegretto~

Oh man, there's going to be a brony meetup this coming weekend at the Graspop Metal Meeting in Belgium and I don't have the finances to go.edit:There's an interesting article out there called "Love, Tolerance, And Other Myths", which is probably very interesting for bronies and non-bronies alike to read. :P

Edited by Valenti

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

So, who here plans to try to snag the Derpy toy next month when it goes up on Hasbro's online shop after Comic-Con? I've got a $30 Groupon and I know where I'm spending it. =P~ (A VTOAHMKEARH)
The only ponies I collect are the "Playful Ponies"-scale brushables. Since the Derpy is at the "Fashion Style" scale, I'm not that interested. Although since the Fashion Style one is being given away as a promo, it may be too much to hope for that Derpy will ever appear at another scale in general retail.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Oh man, there's going to be a brony meetup this coming weekend at the Graspop Metal Meeting in Belgium and I don't have the finances to go.edit:There's an interesting article out there called "Love, Tolerance, And Other Myths", which is probably very interesting for bronies and non-bronies alike to read. :P
I read that article as well, and it makes a lot of sense. The Love part of it is still pretty prevalent but the more i think about it, tolerance isn't really taught in the show. Like at all.

Scootaloo,

the greatest chicken/dodo/scooter riding Pegasus ever

It was an interesting read. I agree with most of it, but I guess you could almost say it reconstructs the idea of tolerance into something more substantial. Sure, you don't have to accept people like Gilda and Trixie as your friends, but there are ways to deal with their behaviour without being unnecessarily catty or cruel. There's a bit of the "accept others' differences" element of tolerance in there- Twilight's acceptance of Pinkie Pie's "Pinkie Sense", the mutual respect developed between the ponies and the buffalo- but interestingly enough, those episodes tend to get accused of being a bit clumsy in the message department more frequently than any others. I would say "tolerating" haters is still definitely in the spirit of the show, however. "Loving" them is perhaps an exaggeration, but being able to accept that yes, there are people in the world who will go out of their way to try and upset you, and no, you don't have to respond with bitterness and hatred. Responding with cheerful indifference can be an effective way to deal with unpleasant people if you can pull it off, but the show does offer other solutions as well- calm assertiveness (Fluttershy) or making light of the situation (Pinkie Pie) can work too.I tend towards Twilight Sparkle's style, myself- if a conflict is born out of ignorance, sometimes a good lecture can help, but I will be the first to admit that it's not always effective...

3DS Friend Code: 0018-0767-4231

It was an interesting read. I agree with most of it, but I guess you could almost say it reconstructs the idea of tolerance into something more substantial. Sure, you don't have to accept people like Gilda and Trixie as your friends, but there are ways to deal with their behaviour without being unnecessarily catty or cruel.There's a bit of the "accept others' differences" element of tolerance in there- Twilight's acceptance of Pinkie Pie's "Pinkie Sense", the mutual respect developed between the ponies and the buffalo- but interestingly enough, those episodes tend to get accused of being a bit clumsy in the message department more frequently than any others.I would say "tolerating" haters is still definitely in the spirit of the show, however. "Loving" them is perhaps an exaggeration, but being able to accept that yes, there are people in the world who will go out of their way to try and upset you, and no, you don't have to respond with bitterness and hatred. Responding with cheerful indifference can be an effective way to deal with unpleasant people if you can pull it off, but the show does offer other solutions as well- calm assertiveness (Fluttershy) or making light of the situation (Pinkie Pie) can work too.I tend towards Twilight Sparkle's style, myself- if a conflict is born out of ignorance, sometimes a good lecture can help, but I will be the first to admit that it's not always effective...
But in real life, making light of a situation tends to ###### some people off even more...Anyway, what article is this? Edited by Rarity

I can't link to it, for it's on a site with forums, but the title is in my previous post. :)

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

I have been playing too much Pokemon, and am now trying to think of movesets for ponies:Rainbow DashAdamant natureAbility: Defiant - Extremespeed- Close Combat- Acrobatics- Me First/ Wild ChargeLunaNaive natureAbility: Intimidate-Dark Pulse-Hyper voice-Moonlight-ThunderboltApplejackRelaxed natureAbility: Harvest- Power whip- Mega Kick- Jump Kick- StockpileDerpyQuirky natureAbility: Klutz- Hurricane- Thunder- Earthquake- RockslideFluttershyTimid natureAbility: Serene Grace-Sing-Air Slash-Explosion-Explosion(Okay, seriously, someone suggest some real moves for her last two slots, lol.)Also, Keldeo is best pony.

Stall would be a better ability for Fluttershy, IMO.Also for Fluttershy; Accupressure and After You would be pretty good moves. Except After You would be completely worthless with Stall so maybe Serene Grace is good after all. :P

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

Serene Grace was based on the "Ach! Even her sneezes are graceful!" thing, but perhaps it would work better on Rarity instead. Fluttershy could maybe have something like Run Away or Rattled. I was also thinking Glare in Fluttershy's moveset, possibly in place of Sing...

I have been playing too much Pokemon, and am now trying to think of movesets for ponies:Rainbow DashAdamant natureAbility: Defiant- Extremespeed- Close Combat- Acrobatics- Me First/ Wild ChargeLunaNaive natureAbility: Intimidate-Dark Pulse-Hyper voice-Moonlight-ThunderboltApplejackRelaxed natureAbility: Harvest- Power whip- Mega Kick- Jump Kick- StockpileDerpyQuirky natureAbility: Klutz- Hurricane- Thunder- Earthquake- RockslideFluttershyTimid natureAbility: Serene Grace-Sing-Air Slash-Explosion-Explosion(Okay, seriously, someone suggest some real moves for her last two slots, lol.)Also, Keldeo is best pony.
This is the best thing I've read all month...!

tumblr_n2r10eoieo1qz8x31o1_400.gif?w=720

Blog: toatalireviews.com

FluttershyTimid natureAbility: Serene Grace-Sing-Air Slash-Explosion-Explosion(Okay, seriously, someone suggest some real moves for her last two slots, lol.)
Helping Hand could be a decent move for Fluttershy. And maybe Leer. She's gotta have some kind of move related to her trademark "stare" after all! And Glare couldn't work since it's pretty much exclusive to snake Pokemon (it's called "Snake Glare" in Japan) and pretty evil-looking to boot.The disadvantage to this is that Fluttershy would have only one damaging move. But on the other hand, isn't that Fluttershy in a nutshell?In other news, I now have a new pony-themed desktop background! Specifically, this one but with a black background instead of a white one (because a desktop with a white background BURNS MY EYES). Edited by Aanchir: Rachira of Time

I don't even want to think about when it'll end.A better question is when Season 3 is going to start.Kalhiki

mrdark2.png

You're Doomed, Rayman!

Boy! I just love it when my computer doesn't tell me when my battery is getting low!

(that's sarcasm, by the way)

Four days without a new pony post? Noooooo!So when you do think the show is gonna end? I'm thinking within the next two seasons.
Awww.... I don't really want it to end but as it eventually will, I hope it lasts at least 6-8 seasons. Lauren Faust's shows usually last six seasons and it's quite a strong brand now, so Hasbro wouldn't end it too soon. Other than that, the only chance I'll have to go to any conventions is in 2 years where I could go to america during a gap year, so I hope it lasts more than 4 seasons for my own reasons as well.And apart from not being able to go to bronycon, now my internet is being really slow, so I can't even watch the videos EQD posted of the events. Also, Octavia is now canon! Or at least I think this is the first time she's been named. But still, pretty awesome.

The show will be produced as long as people watch it. And people will watch it as long as it's good. So it will probably end when they run out of episode ideas or can't keep up the current quality of the show for some reason. So far, I see no evidence of that happening anytime soon. I'm hoping for at least 5 seasons and perhaps a movie.

Edited by Coob

Soo... apparently, BronyCon got pretty hot.

f9Qcky7.png

Soo... apparently, BronyCon got pretty hot.
Do you mean the fire, or...?
Yeeeexactly. :)

f9Qcky7.png

A light fixture caught fire during one of the panels, iirc.It couldn't handle the awesomeness.Nopony got hurt~

Edited by Valenti

f9Qcky7.png

Lauren Faust's shows usually last six seasons and it's quite a strong brand now, so Hasbro wouldn't end it too soon.
Yeah, I've seen that idea circulating around quite a bit recently for whatever reason. It's worth pointing out that most of Faust's work before has had 13-episode seasons. Also, people have a weird habit of attributing anything Faust worked on solely to her, as though she were the producer of, say, Foster's.As for length, about 65 episodes is the norm for syndication of a children's show. Based also on Hasbro's other properties, I'd say that three or four seasons is a likely bet. I'd say four, but with two 13-episode seasons.~ BioGio

"You're a scientist? The proposal you make violates parsimony; it introduces extra unknowns without proof for them. One might as well say unicorns power it."

So apparently Mic's been getting a lot of hate recently. Anyone know anything about this? Something about a stage dive during his set, or...?
He's getting hate for that?Wow... >/)<

f9Qcky7.png

Lauren Faust's shows usually last six seasons and it's quite a strong brand now, so Hasbro wouldn't end it too soon.
Yeah, I've seen that idea circulating around quite a bit recently for whatever reason. It's worth pointing out that most of Faust's work before has had 13-episode seasons. Also, people have a weird habit of attributing anything Faust worked on solely to her, as though she were the producer of, say, Foster's.As for length, about 65 episodes is the norm for syndication of a children's show. Based also on Hasbro's other properties, I'd say that three or four seasons is a likely bet. I'd say four, but with two 13-episode seasons.~ BioGio
Yes, but I was just observing that work associated with Faust has lasted six seasons. I thought it was going to last six seasons before I knew that, okay. I also know that Lauren is not responsible for most of the episodes, and I know the names of a lot of the staff who are. I get why you would have thought otherwise though, I guess I worded it like I'd thought that Lauren owned the show.And though hasbro's other series may last shorter, those franchises don't have as wide an audience that this show does. I don't think they ever had as large of an adult audience in addition to the intended child demographic in the history of the company, though I may be wrong.
So apparently Mic's been getting a lot of hate recently. Anyone know anything about this? Something about a stage dive during his set, or...?
Agree with Valenti here, not really a hate worthy thing.

I found this list of famous bronies if any of you are interested in it. Granted, some of these are maybes or have supporting evidence, but I suggest looking into it yourself.-Notch-Gabe Newell-Weird Al-Anthony Bourdain-Robert Pattinson -Stephen Colbert-Bill Clinton-Seth GreenThere are more, and while he seems to have only done this for kicks, Mark Meer did say this. "I'm Commander Shepard, and Applejack is the best pony in all of Equestria." If you don't believe me the look it up.

Divinator of Dreams.
4hcuu9.jpg
This Is Proud Stigma.

I'd say Andrew W.K. is rather famous. :PAlso, Jennifer Hale (Fem!Shep) gave a shout out to the brrrronies.

f9Qcky7.png

-Bill Clinton
He got a few questions right on Wait Wait Don't Tell Me. Being able to guess that Rarity prefers makeovers to eating paste doesn't really prove too much.~ BioGio

"You're a scientist? The proposal you make violates parsimony; it introduces extra unknowns without proof for them. One might as well say unicorns power it."

I'm surmizing that this isn't the type of thread someone can just pop into and effortlessly contribute right off the bat a relevant post. *unsure*What -are- ya all talkin' about? lol.I was all prepared to offer all my vast opinions on My Little Pony but I think I'll just let you all carry on. Keep the fun goin'.~Shioi :)

shioibanner1.gif ............WWwww