Official My Little Pony topic

~Allegretto~

@Rahkshi: YES. I love two-parters but I've missed the slice-of-life episodes. @Sweetie: *looks up* Hmm... might have to download this.

Season 2 is incredibly epic so far, especially Discord's episodes. Discord in himself was just spectacularly awesome.

Discord is absolutely freaking amazing in every possible way.
I want to be able to drink a chocolate milk of glass too... And then have the chocolate milk explode when I throw it.

My gallery's got about 1000 images. Some of it is questionable for BZP though. Also I would get up early for Episode 3 but I reaaaally need some sleep. So I'll just watch it on ####### when it's available. Also I can't believe that website is still filtered. Seriously BZP?

Yeah, there'll probably be uploads within hours of the airing, 1080p by the next day. Bronies are magic? Also, I got a pony shirt today! 667-1923-large.jpg Edit: Oh my Celestia this image embedding. Edited by ~Sonu Nova~
19704_s.gif

I was expecting something like this to turn up on the forums. Who's pumped for the new episode tomorrow morning?

Saying I'm pumped for the new episode would be a huge understatement. Also interesting fact: the synopsis of Lesson Zero was (from what I heard) a popular pony fanfic plot.

overwatch-pharah-mission-statement_Thumb

I was expecting something like this to turn up on the forums. Who's pumped for the new episode tomorrow morning?

Saying I'm pumped for the new episode would be a huge understatement. Also interesting fact: the synopsis of Lesson Zero was (from what I heard) a popular pony fanfic plot.
I've only seen one or two fanfics with that plot(haha plot), but I only read EqD fanfics because I'm too lazy to look for them in other places. I'm falling behind, though; I'm following so many right now but I'm obsessing over FO: E (clearly), and each chapter for that is like 10,000 words long. And there are 41 chapters. Not to mention the side stories. AAAH Also remastered theme tomorrow! Edited by ~Sonu Nova~
19704_s.gif

*cracks fingers* This may be a long one, but if you're willing to take a minute and just sit right there, I'll tell you how I became invested in the My Little Pony fandom. I think it might be a somewhat interesting read. Pull the Wayback Machine (or Internet Archive, whatever) to April. At this point, I was becoming semi-aware of just how expansive and dedicated this show's fandom was. I even saw a few signs that my fellow BZPower members were getting interested, but nothing large or obivous as of yet. Heck, given the website's history, I was thinking it might've been a repeat of the 2008 Staff Pony Switcheroo Joke. Then the forums went down. Now, at this point, I wasn't alone. I had several website that I frequented (but due to BZP rules, I can't name, sadly) to keep me busy for the time being, ones that were more connected to the global happenings on the internets. And what I slowly learned from them was this: this new fandom was big. Real big. And it was only getting bigger. Soon, I began to understand. Reaction vids and image macros flooded medias sites. My favorite games had ingame spray images and fanmade modifications trumpeting the show and its characters. Haters were getting vocal, and I heard their cries like the cheer of a baseball audience. As a young man who takes much joy in examining the memetics of the internet, this was a story I could not ignore. I had to go deeper. I treded a fine line investigating the phemenon. Slowly, I began to learn through their most vocated points. Fan favorites. Top moments from the show. Popular phrases and termnology. Famous and infamous fanart, fanfiction and musical productions. Pet peeves. And eventually, the actual show's contents. Characters, plotlines, details of the show's universal workings, the alledged high quality of the produciton values. But like many investigators who choose the route of close examination of the rabbit hole, I found myself slowly slipping down it. My mind felt more and more dedicated to the issue of the show's existence. I ran mental cross examniations of what knowledge I had gathered. I found myself feeling more calm around visuals, and feeling sympathy and apathy for various characters. I was even making what you could call "fanart" with models of the characters made available in a sandbox game called Garry's moderator. I was conciously aware of all of this, and I was feeling confused, exausted, and torn. I told myself there was only one thing to do. The week before I stared the 11th grade, I joined up with my cousin to sit through the first episode of the show. In spite of reception problems through the way we were watching the thing online, we both sat through it. Later that week, we would cover the second episode and finish off the pilot. Along with the thrid and fourth episode. Perhaps inadvertantly, perhaps subconciously, perhaps by sheer coindence, my cousin, who had previous expressed displeasure with the show, had fallen for it hook line and sinker. She would finish the first season within the next week or so. But that is not important right now. I would finish the first season the night before the second half of the Season 2 pilot aired. Having decided that I could withstand the show's style, I slowly ventured through the rest of the episodes at an average rate of four per endhalf of the week, two per day. I told myself it was to get a better picture at last at why some characters, lines, scenes and episodes were so popular. But, as I made the final strech of episodes, my rate increased to viewing four in one day, and the last six the next. I also told myself that I would watch the Season 2-parter the week after it aired, but an increasing anxiety and curoisity as word about what the pilot was about got the better of me, and I saw it in the middle of the week instead. As of now, I would say I could count as a minor-level fan on some chart or another. I've done a couple more works involving the show's characters via GMod and Paint.NET, and I got a few more ideas fermiting around in my thoughts. But I'm trying to not go overboard and remain casual about the whole thing. I'm sure people enjoy taking the alias of their favorite character via username, avatar, and signiture themes, but that's not the sort of thing I would do. I'm the kind of guy who will take the question "How much do you think this needs improvement?" and answer "You could use about 43% more cowbell." When I want a source for reaction material, my first choice still remains as the Nostalgia Critic and/or Monty Python. It's my way of going "yeah, I'm okay with this, nothing more, nothing less." But what I'm taking away from all of this is that when something is done well, like the production of a TV show with the intended audience of young girls and their parents, it can reach far beyond the target range, such as many young adults a male majority, and become known and enjoyed beyond anyone's expectations. It's something to be admired and set as a goal during the produciton of any source of children's entertainment, such as Lemony Snicket, various superhero-related works, and our fondly remembered BIONICLE line. But one must remember to practice limits and perhaps take a look to see if there's such a thing as too much, as the main problem with the show's hatedom is that the dislikers just don't like the constant bringing up of the show, which has annoyed many of them to the breaking point of making drawings where Warhammer 40K Space Marines chop up Fluttershy and force-serve the remains on a plate to a MLP fanboy. It's the sort of thing that the Internet has seen before multiple times, and the MLP issue is merely the latest, though most certainly one of the more major cases, example of popularity backlash. To conclude this essay, though, I'll just want to gesture back to our newly reborn message board. Here we're seeing that the months of lacking a center for our BIONICLE-related discussions has left us to pursue other online affairs, and the evidence is very clear here. As we do our best to return to what we can remember as normalacy on this forum, the truth is that many of us have changed, not unlike how the Toa always did during each new round of yearly sets. Be it not being able to be online as much as before, having a slightly dropping interest in the site's central subject matter, or merely expressing one's new fandom for something, it is easy to say that us members are as much as strangers to each other as we are old friends. We will still work together with common interests in mind, but I daresay that this 6-month intermission is a rather signifigiant one. Nothing is quite the same, and we will have to resolve any issues we may develop as we learn who is working a career, who is off to college, and who is now a brony. ...I dunno if I even kept focus on any given point there. Eh, this seems like it reads well. I'm sure one of you might like this little Wall of Remiscence.

Your Honor, I Plead the Fifth.

I really need to handle my signature problems better.

I've only seen one or two fanfics with that plot(haha plot), but I only read EqD fanfics because I'm too lazy to look for them in other places. I'm falling behind, though; I'm following so many right now but I'm obsessing over FO: E (clearly), and each chapter for that is like 10,000 words long. And there are 41 chapters. Not to mention the side stories. AAAH Also remastered theme tomorrow!
Now that I think about it I think someone said on EqD (they do have some of the pony fanfic) that there was one fanfic with that plot. But I'm too lazy to check the post. I've fallen behind on FO:E, I can't past chapter 6 because I'm too lazy, but at the moment it doesn't look like I'll continue for a while.

*cracks fingers* This may be a long one, but if you're willing to take a minute and just sit right there, I'll tell you how I became invested in the My Little Pony fandom. I think it might be a somewhat interesting read. Pull the Wayback Machine (or Internet Archive, whatever) to April. At this point, I was becoming semi-aware of just how expansive and dedicated this show's fandom was. I even saw a few signs that my fellow BZPower members were getting interested, but nothing large or obivous as of yet. Heck, given the website's history, I was thinking it might've been a repeat of the 2008 Staff Pony Switcheroo Joke. Then the forums went down. Now, at this point, I wasn't alone. I had several website that I frequented (but due to BZP rules, I can't name, sadly) to keep me busy for the time being, ones that were more connected to the global happenings on the internets. And what I slowly learned from them was this: this new fandom was big. Real big. And it was only getting bigger. Soon, I began to understand. Reaction vids and image macros flooded medias sites. My favorite games had ingame spray images and fanmade modifications trumpeting the show and its characters. Haters were getting vocal, and I heard their cries like the cheer of a baseball audience. As a young man who takes much joy in examining the memetics of the internet, this was a story I could not ignore. I had to go deeper. I treded a fine line investigating the phemenon. Slowly, I began to learn through their most vocated points. Fan favorites. Top moments from the show. Popular phrases and termnology. Famous and infamous fanart, fanfiction and musical productions. Pet peeves. And eventually, the actual show's contents. Characters, plotlines, details of the show's universal workings, the alledged high quality of the produciton values. But like many investigators who choose the route of close examination of the rabbit hole, I found myself slowly slipping down it. My mind felt more and more dedicated to the issue of the show's existence. I ran mental cross examniations of what knowledge I had gathered. I found myself feeling more calm around visuals, and feeling sympathy and apathy for various characters. I was even making what you could call "fanart" with models of the characters made available in a sandbox game called Garry's moderator. I was conciously aware of all of this, and I was feeling confused, exausted, and torn. I told myself there was only one thing to do. The week before I stared the 11th grade, I joined up with my cousin to sit through the first episode of the show. In spite of reception problems through the way we were watching the thing online, we both sat through it. Later that week, we would cover the second episode and finish off the pilot. Along with the thrid and fourth episode. Perhaps inadvertantly, perhaps subconciously, perhaps by sheer coindence, my cousin, who had previous expressed displeasure with the show, had fallen for it hook line and sinker. She would finish the first season within the next week or so. But that is not important right now. I would finish the first season the night before the second half of the Season 2 pilot aired. Having decided that I could withstand the show's style, I slowly ventured through the rest of the episodes at an average rate of four per endhalf of the week, two per day. I told myself it was to get a better picture at last at why some characters, lines, scenes and episodes were so popular. But, as I made the final strech of episodes, my rate increased to viewing four in one day, and the last six the next. I also told myself that I would watch the Season 2-parter the week after it aired, but an increasing anxiety and curoisity as word about what the pilot was about got the better of me, and I saw it in the middle of the week instead. As of now, I would say I could count as a minor-level fan on some chart or another. I've done a couple more works involving the show's characters via GMod and Paint.NET, and I got a few more ideas fermiting around in my thoughts. But I'm trying to not go overboard and remain casual about the whole thing. I'm sure people enjoy taking the alias of their favorite character via username, avatar, and signiture themes, but that's not the sort of thing I would do. I'm the kind of guy who will take the question "How much do you think this needs improvement?" and answer "You could use about 43% more cowbell." When I want a source for reaction material, my first choice still remains as the Nostalgia Critic and/or Monty Python. It's my way of going "yeah, I'm okay with this, nothing more, nothing less." But what I'm taking away from all of this is that when something is done well, like the production of a TV show with the intended audience of young girls and their parents, it can reach far beyond the target range, such as many young adults a male majority, and become known and enjoyed beyond anyone's expectations. It's something to be admired and set as a goal during the produciton of any source of children's entertainment, such as Lemony Snicket, various superhero-related works, and our fondly remembered BIONICLE line. But one must remember to practice limits and perhaps take a look to see if there's such a thing as too much, as the main problem with the show's hatedom is that the dislikers just don't like the constant bringing up of the show, which has annoyed many of them to the breaking point of making drawings where Warhammer 40K Space Marines chop up Fluttershy and force-serve the remains on a plate to a MLP fanboy. It's the sort of thing that the Internet has seen before multiple times, and the MLP issue is merely the latest, though most certainly one of the more major cases, example of popularity backlash. To conclude this essay, though, I'll just want to gesture back to our newly reborn message board. Here we're seeing that the months of lacking a center for our BIONICLE-related discussions has left us to pursue other online affairs, and the evidence is very clear here. As we do our best to return to what we can remember as normalacy on this forum, the truth is that many of us have changed, not unlike how the Toa always did during each new round of yearly sets. Be it not being able to be online as much as before, having a slightly dropping interest in the site's central subject matter, or merely expressing one's new fandom for something, it is easy to say that us members are as much as strangers to each other as we are old friends. We will still work together with common interests in mind, but I daresay that this 6-month intermission is a rather signifigiant one. Nothing is quite the same, and we will have to resolve any issues we may develop as we learn who is working a career, who is off to college, and who is now a brony. ...I dunno if I even kept focus on any given point there. Eh, this seems like it reads well. I'm sure one of you might like this little Wall of Remiscence.

I think a lot of us have to thank the BZP downtime for getting us into ponies. So welcome to the herd *brohoof* (partial) brony.

overwatch-pharah-mission-statement_Thumb

Also remastered theme tomorrow!

Oh dang.Dat remaster.
I wonder what's changed.
Probably nothing. It's a remaster, not a new theme. It would be interesting to hear the full theme (the one slightly leaked in the Twilight Sparkle plush doll a while back), but I don't think I'd like it as a main theme.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

@Andrewnuva199 Well written, well done. I was just going to say that I agree. The best thing about MLP is that there is nothing about it that people can shy away from, I mean yes, it's pink and colorful and just really made for kids. If someone told me I'd be a my little pony fan a few months back? Yeah right! But I am. :3 <3 the concept of the show and the characters in all honest make it entertaining. The real problem though is the fact that a lot of people can be very annoying about it, constantly talking about it and even purposely annoying people who claim to hate the show for that very reason. Kinda a shame. Anyway, just so ya'll know, Fluttershy is my fav. Didn't like Rarity at first, but really grew to love her in later eps.

@AndrewNuva199: I read your wall of text, and you're right, (if I get the point of the wall of text) a lot has changed since the downtime, including ourselves. I have a friend of mine to thank for me being a Brony, Staxxinator, he showed my the way of the Brony, and how the show was not what it appeared to be on the outside. I personally can't thank him enough for that. -Skar

Also remastered theme tomorrow!

Oh dang.Dat remaster.
I wonder what's changed.
Probably nothing. It's a remaster, not a new theme. It would be interesting to hear the full theme (the one slightly leaked in the Twilight Sparkle plush doll a while back), but I don't think I'd like it as a main theme.
I'd like to at least have an .mp3 of it; the magical 6-part-harmony-singing Twi's wasn't great quality.

Didn't like Rarity at first, but really grew to love her in later eps.

Suited for Success and Dog and Pony Show really did it for me. Art of the Dress is one of my favorite songs, and whining. Just... whining.
19704_s.gif

Suited for Success and Dog and Pony Show really did it for me. Art of the Dress is one of my favorite songs, and whining. Just... whining.
lol. :P Yeah, I'd have to say Rarity is one of my favorite ponies. (I've been asked by a bunch of people who my favorite pony is, tho) -Skar

Whoa, that's awesome.@Zerothemaster His ungodly collection of what?Also Majhost gallery: http://www.majhost.c...ry.cgi?f=253450

So awesome. Do you mind that I used your gif of Rarity for my sig? Also, I would definitely go and watch the episode Saturday, but I don't have the Hub, so I won't have time before bowling. Guess I'll watch it in the afternoon then. Edited by Hyper Rarity
rarity-with-wings.jpgrarity-heart.png <<Newest Chibi: Nuparu Inika

imo Rainbow Dash > Rarity > Fluttershy > Pinkie Pie > Twilight Sparkle > Applejack.

Mine would have to be Fluttershy > Rainbow Dash > Rarity > Pinkie Pie > Applejack > TwilightAll ponies are good though.Also new banner/avvie :Dxinlo-small.gif

E8c8QpP.jpg

The Toa's Hideout is once again open for business! We've been gone for a few years, but now BIONICLE's back and so are we. Click the banner to check out our friendly and laid back site where you can discuss all manners of things and chill with awesome people.

lol. :P Yeah, I'd have to say Rarity is one of my favorite ponies. (I've been asked by a bunch of people who my favorite pony is, tho) -Skar
THAT. Those eps sealed it for me when it came to Rarity. She was just great in the Dog episode. :3

Ok, let me be clear and state how I became a brony: It was your faithful Internet and my love for memes. I catched it around June, and I'd say, probably that day I was sick and decided to miss school, was my best day ever. One meme led to another, and well, I guess most of you know that around the webthere are uploaded hundreds of, like, three second videos of ponies saying their lines. First thing I saw was Fluttershy's "I'm so frustrated I could even kick something". I had a cuteness overload and a familiar feeling with the show (Instant Fluttershy love btw). After some days of catching up with it, I decided to watch a few episodes. Now, I'm a brony. And well, I still don't have a clear idea of why I love this show so much. The animation? The characters? The fanbase? The constant references to us? I don't know, but well, I just can say that this show is probably the best I've ever seen. Also, I don't have a favorite pony. Choosing from the mane six is impossible, and what the fanbase has made with the background ponies like Lyra, Bon-Bon or Derpy is also terrific. tl;dr: I love MLP:FiM! *group brohoof*

"cool dude"

@above poster Yep.How I became a brony was when the fad started here on BZP. I never had a problem with what pony stuff I saw, and thought the animation looked good. After about a week, I gave it a try. Before the first episode was over, I was telling myself I was going to like this.Best decision I ever made, hooves down.So, should I dress up my Fashion Style Pinkie Pie and show you guys some pictures? 804e6f.gif

Edited by Sweetie Belle

^Yes. So much. @Sweetie: Sure! I only have AJ, but I got her with her ridiculous truck so it's all good. I actually never saw ponies on BZP... maybe I wasn't looking in the right places. I pretty much was only posting in the Halo topic before the forums went dark.

Edited by ~Sonu Nova~
19704_s.gif

I became a brony due to laughin' man. He had a pony banner on another site, and it was 11:30pm, and I wasn't tired but super bored. I had been chatting with LM before he had to go, so his banner came to mind. I just figured, "why not? Nothing better to do". And so I watched the first episode... and then the second. And then third. Then fourth, fifth...Yeah.

:P

xinlo-small.gif

Edited by Xinlo: Spirit Of Sonics

E8c8QpP.jpg

The Toa's Hideout is once again open for business! We've been gone for a few years, but now BIONICLE's back and so are we. Click the banner to check out our friendly and laid back site where you can discuss all manners of things and chill with awesome people.

I became a brony due to laughin' man. He had a pony banner on another site, and it was 11:30pm, and I wasn't tired but super bored. I had been chatting with LM before he had to go, so his banner came to mind. I just figured, "why not? Nothing better to do". And so I watched the first episode... and then the second. And then third. Then fourth, fifth... Yeah.

:P xinlo-small.gif

Cool story, bro.So, for my pony collection, I got Riding Along Fluttershy, Playful Ponies Pinkie Pie, Shine Bright Pinkie Pie, Fashion Style Pinkie Pie, and Fashion Style Luna and Celestia.:3

You guys with your dolls. I envy you ;_;. I don't have any, and I regret so much not asking for one at McDonald's.The only pony thing I have are cutouts that you can carry around in your pockets. For the moment, I'm thinking about getting a black t-shirt with Dashie's cutie mark over it. That would be so cool. :3

"cool dude"