Minifigs

Waffles

Pick ONE of the three questions. ONLY ONE  

42 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• 2 weeks later...

Pardon my ignorance, but what are System sets?

"System" is a sort of outdated but well-established term referring to typical LEGO sets, with building based on stud-based connections and the size of a 1x1 brick being 8 mm. x 9.6 mm. The term comes from the "LEGO System of Play" or "LEGO System", terms used well into the 90s, and today is used to set apart this stud-based building from LEGO's other building sets: pin-and-hole-based Technic, larger-scale Duplo, and "constraction" lines like Hero Factory and BIONICLE.As for me, I like minifigures in System sets, although of course they're not the sole reason I get sets. But they add another level of role-play to System sets by creating cute, likeable characters that the builder can identify with. Their intricate designs are also appealing from a collecting standpoint-- while obviously I don't buy sets I don't like just to get the minifigures, I do often make a chart of which sets in a theme I collect I would have to buy to get all the minifigures I want at the best value.

Of course! There's been so many attempts to make replacements, supposedly "more advanced" and they all fail because in the end it's the brilliant simplicity and yet adaptability that makes them work. :)

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)