Mobile Suit Gundam

Stryker055

I tried to watch it but i could not get into it. I never really cared for the models. there was only one gundam saga that i did enjoy and that was the one where the gundams were living thing and the best way to describe there for is chibi. i can not for the life of me remember the name of that saga or season. If anyone knows the one i'm talking about please let me know.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

I tried to watch it but i could not get into it. I never really cared for the models. there was only one gundam saga that i did enjoy and that was the one where the gundams were living thing and the best way to describe there for is chibi. i can not for the life of me remember the name of that saga or season. If anyone knows the one i'm talking about please let me know.

SD Gundam Force

SD Gundam Force
Thank you hazmat

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

I finally got a MG Unicorn HD Color, so I'm waiting for that to come in. I actually haven't built an MG since I was like 9, so I'm really excited for that.Also, I used the spare Exia parts from the 1/144 HG Astraea Type-F to make a red Exia, but I don't have pics. :/

I got the HD Color w/ MS Cage for Christmas, and I must warn you to watch out for the opening panels on the fontskirts and the rotating pieces on his feet. I broke one of each transforming it to Destroy Mode. Fantastic model, though.I ordered MG RX-78-2 and Char's Zaku II versions 2.0 the other day, as well as a Zeon and EFSF action base to go with them. For some reason I'm feeling very retro with Gundam; I have a sudden urge to buy every Zaku and RX-78 variant...

I got the HD Color w/ MS Cage for Christmas, and I must warn you to watch out for the opening panels on the fontskirts and the rotating pieces on his feet. I broke one of each transforming it to Destroy Mode. Fantastic model, though.

Yeah, I heard that about the skirt. Didn't know that about the feet, though... but I don't like Destroy Mode that much compared to the normal mode.Except for the arm-mounted beam sabers. I love those.

I ordered MG RX-78-2 and Char's Zaku II versions 2.0 the other day, as well as a Zeon and EFSF action base to go with them. For some reason I'm feeling very retro with Gundam; I have a sudden urge to buy every Zaku and RX-78 variant...

Only RX-78 and Zaku I have are the RG ones...Speaking of which, I still haven't put on all the decals... a year after I got it...
19704_s.gif

^^ Don't worry, it's a great build. (As long as you don't break anything...)Char's Zaku II and RX-78-2 versions 2.0 came in today, along with an EFSF action base (the Zeon one was apparently mis-listed, so I got a refund. ToyArena strikes again...), Figuarts Kamen Rider Knight, and Play Arts Kai Master Chief. I may start on the RX-78 tonight, and save the Zaku for tomorrow. Or vice-versa.I don't know!

Yeah, just be careful and don't force anything. My poor Unicorn's forever stuck in Unicorn Mode (though I like it better that way, anyway), but that way he can fit in the MS Cage.Man, these 2.0 kits are awesome. The system with the Zaku's tubing was rather frustrating and left me with sore fingers, but I'd say it was easier than clipping them out one by one and then sliding them onto the tubes. I need more Zakus now, though. I'm thinking two green ones to flank Char, a trio of Black Trinity Zakus, Johnny Ridden's, Shin Matsunaga's...And now even the G3 Gundam is tempting me, just because it uses that 2.0 build. I might use it to display the inner frame...

• 2 weeks later...

Deathscythe H will always be my favorite.

OH MY GOD YES THIS IS WHAT I'M WATCHING WING FORWell, that and Wing Zero Custom in the OVA. Seriously considering getting the MG. (Actually, I like just about all of the Gundams in Wing, aside from Shenlong, Altron, and Wing. OVA Heavyarms and Sandrock aren't really as good as the TV versions, though. And Epyon is a bit too much red/magenta/whatever.)I also really like the 1st season 00 CB Gundam designs. 2nd season wasn't really as good IMO, especially with Dynames to Cherudim, but Seravee was definitely better than Virtue. Then Unicorn, Sinanju, and Kshatriya from UC are absolutely amazing.Least favorite'd probably be Turn A, though. Head and chest are kinda meh for a Gundam. (Also Zaku I and G-Savior, but not even Tomino liked Savior) (Also not counting some of the Gundams in G because there are just so many bad ones there) I didn't like the Zeong's head, either...Also working on panel lining my Unicorn and painting the V-fin because those foil stickers are bleh. Prolly gonna paint my SD Strike Freedom after that, and if that turns out well then I'll try Wing Zero Custom if I can get it. It's only $40, though...Also also why is the HGUC Kshatriya so expensive? I mean, it's around $60, when the Stark Jegan and Delta Plus are just $25. Am I not looking in the right place, or are the Kshatriya's wing binders that big?
19704_s.gif

Also not counting some of the Gundams in G because there are just so many bad ones there

you... you take that backThe ridiculousness of the designs is what made them so great.MY GUNDAM IS A GIANT BULL HEAD YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID
Well, some of them were a bit too ridiculous IMO.also no you take that back D:<< Edited by ~Allegretto~
19704_s.gif

I actually felt like Sandrock's OVA version was much better then the TV version. The GW version was just so... bulky. It also had such small swords in comparison. It was my least favorite until the OVA where it scored major points for me. Also the Ka Ver for the Original Sandrock is beautiful. I liked Heavyarms, but the problem for me was the dark blue color, I missed the red it had! )=Deathscythe H and Wing Zero Custom are gorgeous, and Wing Zero Custom, because of probably me being an American and the fact that it was shown to be a little less powerful than in the series (or really a more realistic Gundam), makes it my favorite Gundam. :3 I know some people dislike the angel wings, but honestly, if you're going to have GN drives, super battle spacestations, and Gundams like in G (which, I'm sorry, are pretty bad sometimes xP) then why can't you have angel flight wings that act as shields for atmospheric descent? :3ALSO I completely agree with the 00 Gundams. In the first season they had more character and you grew close to them. In the second season the only Gundam that got any love was 00 Raiser. But to be honest, I loved Exia sooo much more then 00. It's a good Gundam, but Exia is just completely amazing with its Seven Swords attachment. It had to work harder and I love the fact that it got a major spot in the light in the Finale. Also Dynamos and Virtue were pretty darn cool. <3d the sniper.AND FINALLY, <3 the Ez-8 Gundam in 08th Team. Loved the design and multiple small weaponry for any combat.If I remember any others I'll post a few more, but that's what I have on the top of my head.

I actually felt like Sandrock's OVA version was much better then the TV version. The GW version was just so... bulky. It also had such small swords in comparison. It was my least favorite until the OVA where it scored major points for me. Also the Ka Ver for the Original Sandrock is beautiful. I liked Heavyarms, but the problem for me was the dark blue color, I missed the red it had! )=Deathscythe H and Wing Zero Custom are gorgeous, and Wing Zero Custom, because of probably me being an American and the fact that it was shown to be a little less powerful than in the series (or really a more realistic Gundam), makes it my favorite Gundam. :3 I know some people dislike the angel wings, but honestly, if you're going to have GN drives, super battle spacestations, and Gundams like in G (which, I'm sorry, are pretty bad sometimes xP) then why can't you have angel flight wings that act as shields for atmospheric descent? :3ALSO I completely agree with the 00 Gundams. In the first season they had more character and you grew close to them. In the second season the only Gundam that got any love was 00 Raiser. But to be honest, I loved Exia sooo much more then 00. It's a good Gundam, but Exia is just completely amazing with its Seven Swords attachment. It had to work harder and I love the fact that it got a major spot in the light in the Finale. Also Dynamos and Virtue were pretty darn cool. <3d the sniper.AND FINALLY, <3 the Ez-8 Gundam in 08th Team. Loved the design and multiple small weaponry for any combat.If I remember any others I'll post a few more, but that's what I have on the top of my head.

The only reason I really like TV Sandrock better than the OVA (which BTW I still haven't watched yet so I'm just going on 1 pic) is the color scheme; kinda the same with Heavyarms. I agree, the red and orange is a lot better. Plus, I don't really like the shoulders in the OVA version as much. The Ver. Ka Heavyarms is all right, but I kinda don't like the modifications Katoki made to the chaingun. Going on just the MG boxart and what I've read, but it doesn't really seem as good to me.I love the wings on Deathscythe H and Wing Zero Custom, honestly. And also Deathscythe's scythe is absolutely epic.In 00 season 2 I felt like 00 had the main focus (really, almost all of it), Seravee's only purpose was to shoot huge balls of GN particles and get the tips of its bazookas cut off by passing Innovades, and Cherudim and Arios were just there. I liked Exia more than 00, too; the 0 Raiser wings on 00 make it kinda bulky and top-heavy, almost to the level of the huge backpack weapons in Seed. What I loved about Exia was that all that was on its back was the GN drive and nothing else really. I really like the beam saber placement, too; relatively unobtrusive and unique.Dynames would still have to be my favorite, though. I don't really know why, but it... just is. Probably a combination of the gun-kata, Wing-reminiscient shoulder shields (in how they fold into a cloak), scope on the head, and Haro. (00 Haro is definitely the best Haro out of all the series I've seen.)Changing my least favorite to The O, though; I don't get how anyone could like it. It's a bit too bulky, color scheme is kinda bleh, and those skirt arms are pretty weird IMO. Turn A at least has pretty good limbs and Moonlight Butterfly, although I find the placement of the cockpit kinda weird still.Also does anyone have any idea why the second 00 MG was a GN-X? Seems kinda weird when there are tons of unique mobile suits that they could have chosen, but they decided to choose a mook. And not the GN-X IIIs, wither, the bland grey ones. If I didn't already have the NG Dynames I'd have said to do that but as it is an MG Seravee sounds interesting.And I just rewatched the 30th anniversary video and I swear I almost started crying for some reason.
19704_s.gif

Gunpla Haul #4 just came in. Woot!HG Sazabi, Nu HWS (cheaper than the normal on TA, for some reason), Banshee, and MG Exia. Just finished up Nu, and it might top X as my favorite High Grade kit. Aside from the funnels (which are torture to assemble), it's rock-solid and looks great. Love the beam saber. Even though I built and lined/stickered the HWS armor, I didn't bother to put it on. It looks kinda stupid.Probably Sazabi tomorrow. I'm going to hold off on Banshee until I can find a color of paint that I'm satisfied with for the psychoframe. Exia is whenever, since I really just got it to complete the Setsuna MS Trinity with 00 and Qan[T].By the way, what's the general opinion on AGE? I haven't followed any of it since seeing episode 1 and buying the HG AGE-1, but the 2nd generation suits look awesome.

From what I've heard it's more of a kids' show than past series, but I really haven't been paying too much attention to it.Also, RG lineup:1. RX-78-2 Gundam2. Char's ZakuOkay, I can understand why these would be the first two RGs. (Not complaining either :P)3. Aile Strike4. Zaku II5. Freedom Gundam6. Skygrasper with the other two Striker packs7. Gundam Mk. IIWhy so much Seed? Wing and 00 need some love too... (RG Wing Zero Custom gooooo!)Also I feel like only including the Aile Striker with Strike and having Sword and Launcher Striker with the Skygrasper was just so they could get more money out of the people that want them but that's just me.

19704_s.gif

So a Gundam thread? I see.

Also not counting some of the Gundams in G because there are just so many bad ones there

you... you take that backThe ridiculousness of the designs is what made them so great.MY GUNDAM IS A GIANT BULL HEAD YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID
I agree with HAZMAT. Be awed by Sailor Venus Gundam! And Windmill Gundam!