Zerox

Apparently it's some kinda alien-dog-pony-machine hybrid. So let's just say it is an alien's pet.6622558177_0f83da610c_z.jpgClick for Gallery (when public)Ready to pounce?Top viewSide ViewFlickr LinkMOCpagesFor the most part I'm pretty happy of how this turned out, it was a pretty fun MOC to make. Especially since I got to play around with some of my new parts! I really loved the hooves, I might use it again in the near future.C&C appreciated.

Edited by Lord Oblivion

Most impressive! I admire how you designed this Moc so streamlined and used all the space in it without may gaps, and the machinery you implemented into it makes it actually look bio-mechanical! I also dig that you also made the color scheme work so nothing looks too garish. I think it would be an improvement if the eye was a different color tough. However, amazing job once again Lord Oblivion! Keep up the good work man!

nytronepic2_copy.png

Amazing head. In fact, amazing everything. This whole MOC flows well, especially on the legs and head design. The only thing I would alter is the bend of the back legs. Perhaps make them a bit more dog-like with the toes making up the foot and a sort of "double-knee"?

Most impressive! I admire how you designed this Moc so streamlined and used all the space in it without may gaps, and the machinery you implemented into it makes it actually look bio-mechanical! I also dig that you also made the color scheme work so nothing looks too garish. I think it would be an improvement if the eye was a different color tough. However, amazing job once again Lord Oblivion! Keep up the good work man!

Yeah I really tried to focus on the appearence and shaping here, the colors just seemed to work with what I had in mind. I was considering making the eye color trans-red, but felt it would have looked too dark.Thanks bro, glad you like it =)

Amazing head. In fact, amazing everything. This whole MOC flows well, especially on the legs and head design. The only thing I would alter is the bend of the back legs. Perhaps make them a bit more dog-like with the toes making up the foot and a sort of "double-knee"?

Thanks! I did consider making the hind legs digitigrade, but ended up going with what you see. I just wanted to give it a weirder appearance compared to the normal animal's limbs (although I don't think it mattered considering the head :P). But, I do agree that the current legs appear a little awkward compared to if it had a digitigrade design. Thanks for the crit =)

Ah, blue and lime, one of those unique and underused color schemes. On Surge 4 it wasn't used to its fullest potential, but your Cyclops alien hound has just the right mix of those colors along with black.Highlights of this MOC, in my opinion, include his well-sandwiched dual Kanohi head and his back, since the layering of tubes and tentacles adds to the robotic look while even giving him a tail! But the best part of it would have to be those awesome hooves. I've never seen such good layering of the small HF plate -- you'd make Retinence proud! Even better, the presence of the black disk-shaped panels on their sides gives the appearance of wheels, and I can easily imaging this thing zipping around like a car.Single eyes can sometimes be hard to give expression to, but on your MOC the orange eye seems inquisitive, even soulful. My only question about the creature itself, as cool as it is, concerns the name. Are parts of him clone copies of some other design you've made, or else what is the reason behind "Zerox"? :P~B~

Smooth and shinny.I see no problems here, carry on.

Wow this looks awesome! I like that design for the cyborg eye.

Thanks.

Ah, blue and lime, one of those unique and underused color schemes. On Surge 4 it wasn't used to its fullest potential, but your Cyclops alien hound has just the right mix of those colors along with black.Highlights of this MOC, in my opinion, include his well-sandwiched dual Kanohi head and his back, since the layering of tubes and tentacles adds to the robotic look while even giving him a tail! But the best part of it would have to be those awesome hooves. I've never seen such good layering of the small HF plate -- you'd make Retinence proud! Even better, the presence of the black disk-shaped panels on their sides gives the appearance of wheels, and I can easily imaging this thing zipping around like a car.Single eyes can sometimes be hard to give expression to, but on your MOC the orange eye seems inquisitive, even soulful. My only question about the creature itself, as cool as it is, concerns the name. Are parts of him clone copies of some other design you've made, or else what is the reason behind "Zerox"? :P~B~

This was a pretty tough color scheme to use, I even had to redo the torso, since I didn't have enough of the right colors for it.The head here was a real pain to make actually, had to rely on friction to hold the eye on. Glad you like the hooves, they're the reason I even made this =) Heh, credit for the name goes to Gatanui. I was skyping him the same time I was about to upload the pictures onto my computer. I had no idea what to name the MOC (since I leave it on the file name as well), so I asked him for a name to use for my MOC. The first thing that popped up in his head was "Zerox" I guess, and so I just went with it :P