Professional Engineering and Lego

While Lego being featured in non-Lego magazines is hardly news and magazines from November even less so, GaliGee proves that it's never too late to send in relevant and interesting articles.That's right, back in November a magazine for the <a href='http://www.nspe.org/index.html' target='offsite'>National Society of Professional Engineers</a> ran an article about Lego as a natural teaching aid for aspiring engineers, and we're just now getting around to reporting it. You can read the entire article <a href='http://www.nspe.org/PEmagazine/11/pe_1111_Play_Time.html' target='offsite'>here</a>.

View the full article

GaliGee? There's a name I haven't heard in a while.Anyways, an interesting read and further evidence that Lego is really a superb toy for kids. Traditional schooling frequently does little to encourage exploration and development of intuitive understanding of hands-on topics such as construction and design, and Lego provides an attractive outlet for kids to develop just such skills. And anecdotally speaking, I know several engineering students who love (and have always loved) Lego.

Edited by GSR

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

I agree with this article 100%. I'm actually considering being an engineer because of my interest in building that came from Lego. Take that, disapproving parents. :P It ain't just a toy.

3DS Friend Code (Pokemon X): 4098 - 4028 - 0743

(Please tell me if you added me so I can add you back!)

My Brickshelf

I can feel the pressure getting steeper with every life lost.
You hope that I won't see the light of day in time to come.

tessewact.png
With no conviction founded just, judgement contorted based on lust,
Give me strength.