Collecting Question: WMKK availability?

Andrewnuva199

Been out of touch with things for years, but as I do another nostalgic round-up on my BIONICLE collection, I'm having an itch to go after a holy grail of mine.

The White Metal Krana Kal. Trophy of one of my favorite sets in the line (yes I love the Bohrok Kal. Most of the things about the Swarm get me, but the silver bois especially), and I would've loved to find one back in the day. Didn't exactly try crazy back then (i was more stringent about duplicate sets, never bothered to check every Kal in every store), and now I'm wondering what the cost would be to go for it now.

From what I've read, the WMKKs are relatively cheap compared to the other precious metal masks out there (over 5000 units out there helps). Couple hundred, I hear? $300, give or take? Or are things inflating? Also, from my initial overviews, I see that even the WMKKs are scarce on secondary markets online, so I suppose I need to track down a current owner. I'm guessing BZP's old WMKK/SSKK Tracker page (now only visible on Internet Archive) offers leads, but it being that old and with members not so active anymore, I doubt it.

So with my desires, I have a two queries:

-How much would a WMKK with its original back and certificate card set me back in money today?

-Is there any reliable way I can start asking/looking around for current owners to barter with?

Redirect me to the proper topic if needed.

Your Honor, I Plead the Fifth.

I really need to handle my signature problems better.

A reasonable price for a WMKK with bag and certificate seems to be about $400+ these days, which is up from the $200 suggested in the official collectibles topic. There was one for sale in the BST forum a couple of months ago. I don't know what to do about leads other than being patient and waiting for one to pop up. They do show up now and then.