What Greg Farshtey Has To Say About Recent Storyline

NOTE: As of 2/11/12, this topic has been certified by bonesiii to be revived with impunity; it is not subject to the 30-day revival limit of the Storyline and Theories forum. In order to reduce the amount of misconceptions members have about current Story, I have compiled a group of Greg quotes that you may find useful. While you can look through the 5-page Greg Quotes Topic and the even larger, 334 page Official Greg Dialogue for your educational enlightenment, it is rather long.Old Greg Quotes Topic | Old Greg Discussion Topic

Concerning The GB and Murderer from Recent Serials: These reveals are direct quotes from Greg on such matters, with the following caveat: QUOTE(Erebus)[Greg's] own words, but I might have deleted some unnecessary words.QUOTE(GregF)The Great Being is Velika.QUOTE(GregF)1. The Great Being was already named Velika before inhabiting the Matoran body.2. Velika is indeed the killer of Tren Krom and Karzahni. He was doing some housecleaning.QUOTEWhat is the undisguised Great Being's motive?QUOTE(GregF)Velika is eliminating wild cards, beings who are acting way outside of the expected parameters of the GB's plans. QUOTEWas Velika in the Kingdom Alternate Universe also a Great Being? QUOTE(GregF)Yes QUOTECould we get a basic idea of Velika's life in the MU before being sent to Karzahni? Did he for example personally know Tren Krom as some theorized? What was his strategy of "observing", and was it intentional that he got damaged to go to Karzahni? QUOTE(GregF)Yes. he would have known TK, but I do not think he intentionally got damaged. QUOTEAny info on what he did before going into the MU, like what GB projects he worked on? QUOTE(GregF)No

The Golden BeingQUOTE (Lewa Krom)My first question for ST regards the green mist - I'm a little lost there. Was the green mist a part of what was fused to make "Goldilocks" or was it a result off it in addition to "Goldilocks"?QUOTE(GregF)2) It was part of what made him.Question:6. Was the makuta essence used in the making of Gold Skin sentient? Was it part of Teridax's?QUOTE(GregF)6) No, it was not Makuta essence.QUOTE(Zaktan)What was that green cloud that plunged into the Energized Protodermis tank to form the Golden Fusion being?QUOTE(GregF)Zaktan

Toa Tahu's New Powers:Question:2)Since tahu absorbed the powers of the rahkshi he absorbed with the golden armor, is he more powerful than a makuta now or would he just stand aextremely good chance?QUOTE(GregF)2) The latter8) Did Teridax send only Heat Vision Rahkshi onto Bara Magna or a mixture of different kinds, with the heat vision type more common than the rest?QUOTE(GregF)8) No, not only heat vision Rahkshi.QUOTE(Tuma55)4. Were all 42 types of Rahkshi present during the battle of Bara Magna?QUOTE(GregF)4) I doubt itQUOTE(Night Terror)1) Tahu now has devoloped Heat Vision powers. Does he have some more surprises in store, or that's it all?QUOTE(GregF)1) Yes, he doesQUOTE (Tahu: Spirit of the Mist)2) Now that Tahu has all the powers of the Kraata he disintegrated, is he more or less powerful than he was as a Toa Nuva?QUOTE(GregF)2) More

QUOTE(GregF)QUOTE (Jedi Knight Crazy)Regarding the last chapter of Journey's End (Great writing, by the way. Didn't realize I was missing so much with these novels, might have to raid Amazon and get the ones I missed), I have some guesses regarding the nature of Tahu's new powers:1. Is there a connection to Tahu's new heat vision powers and the fact that he was fighting primarily Heat Vision Rahkshi?2. Does the Golden armor give him all Rahkshi powers?3. Does it give him the ability to absorb powers from enemies?1) I would say no2) Follow the story and find out3) Not in general, no, because the GA is really of no use to him against anyone but Rahkshi.

QUOTE (GregF)QUOTE (Electric Turahk)Heat vision, eh? Hmm.Did the Golden Armor enhance Tahu's own powers such that they are "all-encompassing" and he can do literally anything related to fire and heat? (Not that being a Toa of Fire wouldn't have made this possible anyways, but I guess heat vision doesn't count there... I myself find this one quite unlikely anyways.)Or...Did it grant him the abilities of all of the Kraata it slayed?The second one.

The Glatorian's Elemental PowersQUOTE(Lewa Krom)O.k thanks, I'm sorry but I didn't understand your answer on the 7, the Glatorian had the powers, they didn't needed weapons to use them, so why Mata Nui had to change the weapons if they could use their powers through their hands?QUOTE(GregF)Because he didn't want them to know the power was in them, he wanted them to think it was in their weapons. The idea of elementally powered weapons wasn't new to them, they had those in the war. The idea of them themselves having elemental powers would probably have disturbed them.QUOTE(GregF)ANSWER: Glatorian elemental powers are generated by their bodies. Their "machine parts" are too minimal in most cases and are not designed for energy storage.QUOTE(Lord of Bionicles)7.-you said that Mata Nui let the Glatorian think he had charged up their weapons though he was giving the powers to the Glatorian and the weapons were just the focus, does this mean that they had the powers but needed a weapon that could focus them? if so then they can only use the powers when they have that specifical weapon unlike the Toa that can use their powers through their hands?QUOTE(GregF)7) No, it does not mean they have to have the weapons to use the powers.QUOTE(Erebus)1. I know that Mata Nui, with the Ignika, is (or was) capable of unlocking Glatorian's elemental powers. Would he be able to do so with a Vorox (I know he wouldn't, but I'm just asking)?QUOTE(GregF)1) I wouldn't call it "unlocking" so much as bestowing, and yes

MarendarQUOTEQUOTEI liked the start of The Yesterday Quest, though I wish we had gotten a Toa of Jungle. I have question regarding Marendar. It seems rather ironic that the Great Beings would have expected the Toa to be traitors and not the Makuta, even though it was reversed. I mean, if Teridax hadn't betrayed Mata Nui in the way he did, wouldn't the Makuta, even if supposedly peaceful, prove just as much of a threat, if not more, to the peace of the reformed Spherus Magna?Anyways, I can't wait to see where this takes us.1) Not necessarily, no. Because if the Makuta hadn't betrayed Mata Nui, things would have gone as they were supposed to -- the planet would have been reformed, Mata Nui would have shut down, and the Toa, Makuta etc. would have all shut down too. So the Makuta wouldn't be a threat to anyone.

Lhikan's DeathQUOTE(Lord of Bionicles)7.- …I know that on Bionicle 2 Vakama used the vahi to slow down Teridax´s shadow hand but he couldn´t control the mask and he slowed himself too then Lhikan jumped in front of him and died, how did he died if Teridax only took Lhikan´s shield?QUOTE(GregF)7) Simple. Let's say you are reaching to grab something in a hurry. Someone suddenly gets in your way. What happens? Your hand hits him. In this case, Makuta was sending out a shadow hand to wrest something from a powerful Toa, and instead he hit a Turaga. A Turaga is physically a lot weaker than a Toa, so the impact of the blow killed Lhikan.

Kanohi Vahi4. If the Vahi was destroyed outside of the MU would it end time there?4) No4. Why not, if you don't mind me asking?4) Because the Vahi is keyed to work with the MU -- it is part of the machine. It doesn't affect the universe outside of the MU.4) Would the Vahi still be able to slow down time outside of the MU, like the Hau can still put up shields and the Ignika can still create life?4) Yes

Kanohi HauQUOTE(Katuko) 1) The Hau can block almost any physical attack the user is aware of. But can it defend against a physical attack you can't see? Say Vakama turned invisible with his Huna and struck at Tahu. If Tahu knew Vakama would try to do that, could he block the attack just by anticipating it?QUOTE(GregF)1) NoQUOTE(Katuko)2) In the same vein, can the Hau block "instant" attacks? Say, Takanuva's laser beams or more modernly: A bullet? neither of these would give the Hau wearer any time to react, but if the shield was already up...?QUOTE(GregF)2) Yes, it couldQUOTE(Katuko)3) Does the Hau shield rely on reflexes if it's not up, or does it automatically activate as soon as an attack becomes apparent as long as the user is aware?QUOTE(GregF)3) You have to activate the mask yourself, it doesn't come up automatically. But in combat, it is likely you would have it up more often than not.QUOTE(Katuko)4) The shield repels even attacking beings, as seen when Onua pushes an infected Lewa away from himself with it. If the shield is up, can a person pass through it if they are calmly walking instead of violently attacking?QUOTE(GregF)4) No.QUOTE(Katuko)5) If not, can a Toa using a Mask of Intangibility or a Rahkshi with Density Control do so?QUOTE(GregF)5) I wouldn't suggest that, as the energy of the mask might do nasty things to you

The Red StarQUOTE(GregF)I will give you a scoop, which you can share (or not) as you choose -- a big part of the rest of this serial is going to take place inside the red star ... which is NOT altogether for what people think it is for ... and I will give you some things to keep in mind:1) The beings in the red star2) Jaller's death and rebirth in MOL, and exactly how and why it happened.3) Why it was safe for Teridax to kill so many Makuta over the yearsQUOTE(Greg Farshtey)Mata Nui was supposed to be a self-sustaining system, and obviously, certain individuals played very important roles in maintaining it. In addition, it necessarily had finite resources for producing new beings to replace any lost in accidents, etc. Hence the red star -- a being who died inside Mata Nui would be teleported to the red star where their essence would be transplanted into another body and they would be sent back. Unfortunately, as with so many things related to Mata Nui's construction, it didn't work very well. The teleporting "to" worked but the teleporting "from" didn't, so a lot of newly revived dead folk were stuck on the satellite with no way to get back home.

QUOTE(Anti Nui)1) Just to be 100% sure, Annona and the Red Star have no connection, correct?QUOTE(GregF)1) I can't answer that

QUOTE(TNTOS)1) Do the inhabitants of the red star know that the Mata Nui robot and the prototype are both destroyed?1b) Also, do they know that Spherus Magna is whole again or are they ignorant of what has happened on Bara Magna?1c) What will happen to the red star now that the Mata Nui robot is no longer functioning?1e) These questions won't happen to be answered in The Yesterday Quest, will they?QUOTE(Greg)1) They would know about the MN robot, but not the prototype, as the prototype has nothing to do with them1b) No, they do not, nor would they care1c) It stays in orbit until that orbit decays1e) Some may be

QUOTE(Erebus)Why are some beings alive, like Mavrah, and others are not?QUOTE(Greg Farshtey)Matoro and the Makuta did not come back, for a simple reason. None of them have bodies anymore. The body is what is teleported up (which is why you don't see BIONICLE graveyards) and then either repaired or a new one is made to house the consciousness. If the body has been utterly destroyed, there is nothing to work with.QUOTE(Erebus)What is the nature of the lightning that struck 6 Matoran?QUOTE(Greg)There was never supposed to be Matoran outside the robot. The Toa Mata failed to wake Mata Nui on time, and thus there were still Matoran outside on the islands of Mata Nui and Voya Nui. The lightning acts like a fail-safe to create new Toa outside the robot in case they are ever needed.QUOTE(Greg Farshtey)Fulfilling your destiny does not mean you cannot be revived. We have seen plenty of characters fulfill their destiny and yet live on. The point of the red star is basically that even Mata Nui is not self-sustaining if it loses too many beings (to an accident, say), the same way you could not survive if you lost too many blood cells without replacing them. We haven't SEEN Lhikan alive again, that doesn't mean he isn't.QUOTE(Greg Farshtey)Rahi can be revived, since they play a role in Mata Nui's functioning as well.QUOTE(Greg Farshtey)The Kanohi Tryna, the Mask of Reanimation, brings you back right away with all the damage -- red star takes a good deal longer, but repairs the damage.QUOTEDoes the Red Star always work in reviving every dead being with an intact body or is it selective about what it chooses to resurrect? Rahi too?QUOTE(Greg Farshtey)No, it works in general, everyone has some role to play in the universe.QUOTECan you name anyone other than Mavrah who [is] alive in the Red Star?QUOTE(GregF)LhikanBasically, anyone whose body was not disintegrated would be there.So no Matoro, no Brotherhood members, nobody who had no body leftQUOTEHow long ago was the Red Star broken? From the start, or was it due to the Great Cataclysm?QUOTE(GregF)It stopped working quite a while before the events of Mystery of Metru Nui, which is why no one was looking around for Lhikan to come back.QUOTEDoes this mean there are two Hydraxons alive now?QUOTE(GregF)Yes, one up there, one down here.QUOTECan the Red Star still teleport the dead MU inhabitants to it now that the MU is effectively destroyed, and if not, how was it able to reach the Matoran in canisters in Voya Nui to turn them into the Toa Inika?QUOTE(GregF)It can't teleport right now, because the system is broken. As for the Inika, that wasn't teleportation at work, that was electrical discharge.QUOTEIs there any kind of injury that would bar a being from being revived by the Red Star? Like perhaps a missing limb?QUOTE(GregF)No, there simply has to be a body left to work with.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------QUOTENow what if someone with teleportation powers (like Brutaka with a functional Olmak or Botar) died could they escape the Red Star back to the Matoran Universe?QUOTE(GregF)Arguably, yesQUOTESo does that mean Botar was too damaged to be saved by the Red Star?QUOTE(GregF)No, it simply means that either a ) he reappeared someplace we have not seen him yet, or ...b ) He was sufficiently messed up by the experience of dying and coming back that he doesn't know where he is and isn't focusing on getting back.QUOTEDoes option B often happen to people? How aware are they of their circumstances?QUOTE(GregF)Well, the folks encountered on the red star thus far did not seem too together to me.QUOTEWhat was the purpose of the red star on the map that Tarduk was following in the web serial?QUOTE(GregF)It marked the location of a Great Being facility, the one in which the RS was built.QUOTEOkay, now what about the mental image of the Red Star that Tren Krom projected right before his death?QUOTE(GregF)TK was killed by a Great Being. The RS image served two purposes -- to TK, it symbolized the Great Beings, and ..it was a bit of irony .. as a completely organic being, the RS could not bring him backQUOTEAs well as the fact that he was on Spherus Magna and the RS could not have brought him back anyways?QUOTE(GregF)Well, we don't know that.The RS is keyed in to MU inhabitants.We don't know the fact that he was no longer in the MU would have made a difference. Might have made a difference to his being sent back ...But the RS isn't sending anyone back now anyway.

Energized ProtodermisQUOTE(GregF)5) Yes, but since there is no EP on SM, it's not going to come into play.-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------5) Is it possible that any of the EP within the MU might leak out onto Bara Magna?7) Is the Energized Protodermis Entity still alive?QUOTE(GregF)5) Possible, but not likely.7) Yes

The Shadowed OneQUOTE(Millenium)6. Is TSO dead?QUOTE(GregF)6) No, he is not.QUOTE(Kanohi Lahi)9) Has Voporak taken the Vahi to the Shadowed One?QUOTE(GregF)9) No, TSO is off doing something else at the moment.

What happened to the Shadowed One? Last time we saw him, he had disappeared with vials after killing Ancient.TSO is on Spherus Magna, forming a new army around the remnants of the DH and the scum of his new world. They are all in deep cover until the moment is right to strike.Are some of those "scum" guys following TSO from SM such as Bone Hunters or Skrall?YesAnd others we haven't met yetfrom other regions of SMDid he use [viruses] on himself or is he just keeping them as a secret weapon?Secret weapon

The Ending QUOTE (GregF)QUOTE (exotoamahri)QUOTE (GregF)QUOTE (exotoamahri)Hello again, Mr. Farshtey.Just some more questions.When Aqua Magna was reunited, What happend to the oribting celetial body? (The one that looks like a moon.) This oneIf Pahrak-Kal or Levak-Kal landed on Spherus Magna, what would be their first objective?When Bota Magna and Aqua Magna Combined, Did either of the moons opened up and spread out, or was half the moon crushed against SM?1) Again, depends on how fast AM moved. If it moved too fast, the moon would have been ripped out of its orbit.2) The Kal's only mission is to save the Bahrag, and the Bahrag don't need saving, so they would go to sleep.3) I don't understand your questionI'll use fruit as an example, BM is a melon, and Aqua magna and Bota magna are apples. If you put them together, all living things in between Bara Magna and Bota Magna would be crushed.When the two moons merged with BM, did the planets open up and unfold, flat onto BM?Or were all living things crushed between the planets?Also, what prevented the water from Aqua Magna to flood parts of Bara Magna and drown the inhabitants?Think of it this way -- you tear off a chunk of Earth, say with America on it, all the way down to the molten core. The top of the chunk is the surface of the Earth. So the sides of the chunk are what would have been the underground on Earth. Who's living there? Nobody. So if you put the chunk back in place, no one gets hurt.Another analogy. You have a little flag stick in a patch of your lawn. You dig up that patch. Now you have the flag sticking out of the grass, and on every side, the dirt that was underneath that grass. If you then put the divot back in the lawn, the flag is not harmed.As for Aqua Magna, what prevented it was me and the fact that Earth science only applies in BIONICLE when I want it to.

The Shadow TakanuvaQUOTE(Erebus)10. Are all the Shadow Takanuva dead at this point, including the ones seen in Destral?QUOTE(GregF)10) No.

KranaQUOTE(LordStrachan)2. What happened to the Krana- Kal after the Bohrak-Kals defeat?2a. What happened to the Krana after the Island of Mata Nui's destruction?3. Can the Krana control beings such as Zyglak, or Skrall?4. Are the Bahrag susceptible to mind control (or any form of suggestion, verbal or Non-verbal), that might change what they believe their mission is?QUOTE(GregF)2) Some escaped, some didn't2a) Depends on where they were at the time3) Zyglak, yes, Skrall, no4) Yes

Whether Greg can continue the story/Status of Bionicle Story.comQUOTE(GregF)6) No idea. I was told that the BStory site would up through the end of 2011. I don't know if they plan to keep it up after that or if it will be shut down at that point.Question:QUOTE(Lewa Krom)1. Before I go into Sahmad's Tale, where most of questions lie, my first question is more of an extension of the previous PM I sent you. I'm aware that you have no idea if BStory will continue past 2011 or not. My question is, do you know what might determine whether it continues on or not?1a. I had gotten the impression earlier that BStory's continuing might be based on traffic on the BStory site. If that is not true and I'm remembering or interpretting something wrong, disregard this question. Would reading the serials on BStory increase traffic, and thus potentially continuing the storyline, rather than reading on BS01? Again, if this is a wrong assumption in the first place... when you know what happens when assume...Response:QUOTE(GregF)1) It will most likely be decided by either the US Brand Manager or the team in Billund. While it is certainly not the most expensive site in the world to run, there is still a budget associated with it. Whether they want to continue maintaining that budget probably depends on the reasons they kept the site up in the first place.1A) No idea. I have a lot of theories on why the site is up. In some, traffic would matter. In others, not so much, because the site might be up to continue using the BIONICLE trademarks publicly so they have legal protection.QUOTE(GregF)2a) At the moment, no. I can only do BIONICLE story with permission from LEGO.QUOTE(Ynot)5) Do you have a set number of Serials you are going to do?QUOTE(GregF)5) As many as I feel I reasonably have time for._______________________________________________________________________Thanks for reading. I welcome improvement suggestions as well as suggestions for new relevant quotes that I've missed.And for all you nervous reporters, I did get this topic approved by bonesiii.

Edited by fishers64

Thanks! This is good; I took the liberty of linking to it in the One-Stop pinned topic's Useful Story Resources section. :)For the record, in response to this one:

Also, what prevented the water from Aqua Magna to flood parts of Bara Magna and drown the inhabitants?As for Aqua Magna, what prevented it was me and the fact that Earth science only applies in BIONICLE when I want it to.

Earth science need not be a problem here as water seeks a level. Especially if the mass from the moon referenced in another quote came from the Spherus Magna mass that was made into Aqua Magna and wasn't returned; the water level would be lower upon return than the edge of the giant crater on Bara Magna. So it would fit just beneath that edge like water in a cup.If that moon didn't come from there, this might be a problem, but it could be easily solved by Mata Nui while merging it, by converting some of the water, and/or some of the earth/rock into energy so there's less of it. This would have come in handy when making life across the desert, as plants contain water; he could have materialized some of the water out there, and maybe materialized energy from rock/earth into the rest of the materials of the plants.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Think of it this way -- you tear off a chunk of Earth, say with America on it, all the way down to the molten core. The top of the chunk is the surface of the Earth. So the sides of the chunk are what would have been the underground on Earth. Who's living there? Nobody. So if you put the chunk back in place, no one gets hurt.

This is the only answer I find unsatisfactory, because in all artwork we've seen of Bota Magna, the moon has been perfectly spherical with life across its face.

LzcD9OS.png

I wrote stories once. They were okay.

Think of it this way -- you tear off a chunk of Earth, say with America on it, all the way down to the molten core. The top of the chunk is the surface of the Earth. So the sides of the chunk are what would have been the underground on Earth. Who's living there? Nobody. So if you put the chunk back in place, no one gets hurt.

This is the only answer I find unsatisfactory, because in all artwork we've seen of Bota Magna, the moon has been perfectly spherical with life across its face.
That doesn't mean that people were living on that side however, just that plants grew there.

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg
 My Brickshelf, please don't copy!

... :t: :b: :m_o: :c:...

Looking for shiny Regirock, Articuno, and Virizion!

(Can trade most any legendary for them!)

My 3DS friend list is full, sorry!

Actually it works, as I explained in a topic I had made on the old forums. Basically gravity rounds objects of enough size, as this was. :) This is why all the major planets in our star system, and many moons and other things are round or roundish. :)Also no image can show you anything except one side; I explained in my topic that it could easily be your imagination assuming the other side has life too, but it doesn't -- as long as the plants side happens to be aiming at the "camera" in each image. An optical illusion, in other words. :)As for the one crashing into Teridax's head, it was clearly noncanon because Bota Magna didn't touch him. Edited by bonesiii

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Actually it works, as I explained in a topic I had made on the old forums. Basically gravity rounds objects of enough size, as this was. :) This is why all the major planets in our star system, and many moons and other things are round or roundish. :)Also no image can show you anything except one side; I explained in my topic that it could easily be your imagination assuming the other side has life too, but it doesn't -- as long as the plants side happens to be aiming at the "camera" in each image. An optical illusion, in other words. :)As for the one crashing into Teridax's head, it was clearly noncanon because Bota Magna didn't touch him.
That'll be this topic will it?

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

• 1 month later...

Okay, due to a recent controversy with Glatorian Elemental Powers, I have added this category to the first post with new information:The Glatorian's Elemental Powers

O.k thanks, I´m sorry but I didn´t understand your answer on the 7, the Glatorian had the powers, they didn´t needed weapons to use them, so why Mata Nui had to change the weapons if they could use their powers through their hands?

Because he didn't want them to know the power was in them, he wanted them to think it was in their weapons. The idea of elementally powered weapons wasn't new to them, they had those in the war. The idea of them themselves having elemental powers would probably have disturbed them.

ANSWER: Glatorian elemental powers are generated by their bodies. Their "machine parts" are too minimal in most cases and are not designed for energy storage.

7.-you said that Mata Nui let the Glatorian think he had charged up their weapons though he was giving the powers to the Glatorian and the weapons were just the focus, does this mean that they had the powers but needed a weapon that could focus them? if so then they can only use the powers when they have that specifical weapon unlike the Toa that can use their powers through their hands?

7) No, it does not mean they have to have the weapons to use the powers.

I am still looking for GregF quotes related to this topic, but I found one so far:

1. I know that Mata Nui, with the Ignika, is (or was) capable of unlocking Glatorian's elemental powers. Would he be able to do so with a Vorox (I know he wouldn't, but I'm just asking)?

1) I wouldn't call it "unlocking" so much as bestowing, and yes
Also, I inserted this from a controversy a while back, just in case it comes up again :):Kanohi Hau

1) The Hau can block almost any physical attack the user is aware of. But can it defend against a physical attack you can't see? Say Vakama turned invisible with his Huna and struck at Tahu. If Tahu knew Vakama would try to do that, could he block the attack just by anticipating it?2) In the same vein, can the Hau block "instant" attacks? Say, Takanuva's laser beams or more modernly: A bullet? neither of these would give the Hau wearer any time to react, but if the shield was already up...?3) Does the Hau shield rely on reflexes if it's not up, or does it automatically activate as soon as an attack becomes apparent as long as the user is aware?4) The shield repels even attacking beings, as seen when Onua pushes an infected Lewa away from himself with it. If the shield is up, can a person pass through it if they are calmly walking instead of violently attacking?5) If not, can a Toa using a Mask of Intangibility or a Rahkshi with Density Control do so?

1) No2) Yes, it could3) You have to activate the mask yourself, it doesn't come up automatically. But in combat, it is likely you would have it up more often than not.4) No.5) I wouldn't suggest that, as the energy of the mask might do nasty things to you
Edited by fishers64

For the record, I'm going to give this topic (at least for now) an exception to the revival rule, so it can be revived. Technically by normal rules this was just revived, and should have instead been reposted, but I don't wanna have to keep updating the link to it in the rules topic, so yeah. :)

As for Aqua Magna, what prevented it was me and the fact that Earth science only applies in BIONICLE when I want it to.

Best Greg F quote ever.So, if the Vahi can still control time outside of the MU, but it's not tied to time and space there, is it easier to use? And if it is, that would make it more powerful than the Mask of Life. By far.Also, if Aqua Magna wasn't a sphere, how did the water all stay on one side? It would cover the whole planet due to gravity pulling all the water to the middle.Moreover, how would Mata Nui have fit on the planet? Also, if it is a spherical planet, how much of the surface of Aqua Magna did Mata Nui take up? If you approximate the dimensions of the planet to Mata Nui when he stood up on the planet in that video, he took up a good continent-sized portion of the planet. Edited by knuckles chaotix

Knuckles, good questions:1) It might still be just as hard to use. Time is still a very fundamental force, and there's nothing to indicate, for example, that Tahu's Hau got easier to use. We know it takes a Toa's mind to be capable of focusing on that power. And that doesn't appear to have changed (although admittedly it would be plausible that they were just so used to it nobody else has picked one up and tried it, but I'd bet against that idea).2) The water part formed a sphere due to gravity. Despite that one comic image (which I take as somewhat noncanon, but it may have simply been meant to show the shape of the rock part inside, which was NOT spherical). All other images have shown it spherical. And when it went back in, water flowed back just to one side (the Spherus Magna surface), reversing its flow into a sphere when it shattered away. Some ocean sea life may have been crushed in this, but more likely Mata Nui ensured the water flow pulled them all to safety (IMO).3) Spherus Magna was much, much, much bigger than Earth, and Aqua Magna was also bigger. Gravity doesn't seem to scale up exponentially in Bionicle like it does here, which I've theorized is because something in the bedrock detects high levels of gravity (maybe up to an extreme upper limit) and absorbs that gravity, converting it into something else. Therefore once you get a planet Earth-sized, you can make it much more massive, and it still has only Earth gravity. If you think about it, this principle answers the question.4) I agree he could be roughly comparable to say Africa on Earth. There was that one image in the Mata Nui saga online that showed the planet much larger in comparison, though. I don't know if official measurements exist, but personally I'm not a huge fan of official measurements on things this large; I (personally) take those as kinda semi-canon themselves, because it's less problematic if we simply approximate. Less risk of contradiction that way (a rule I try to follow in my stories). I would lean towards something in between Africa and the MN saga image, personally, based on other several images of the island of Mata Nui in its surrounding ocean.

As for Aqua Magna, what prevented it was me and the fact that Earth science only applies in BIONICLE when I want it to.

Had a good laugh at that. :lol:This should be a really helpful source for people writing stories or just curious about some unsolved facts about the Bionicle Edited by Toa Lapaka

What are we searching for? Are we searching for anything or just randomly surfing the internet? I did that once. I found this bionicle fan site called bzpower. Whoever made it had no decorating sense what so ever.

• 7 months later...

Given the recent revelations, I'm giving an update to the Red Star section (and reminding everyone that this topic exists :P) :

I will give you a scoop, which you can share (or not) as you choose -- a big part of the rest of this serial is going to take place inside the red star ... which is NOT altogether for what people think it is for ... and I will give you some things to keep in mind:1) The beings in the red star2) Jaller's death and rebirth in MOL, and exactly how and why it happened.3) Why it was safe for Teridax to kill so many Makuta over the years
Mata Nui was supposed to be a self-sustaining system, and obviously, certain individuals played very important roles in maintaining it. In addition, it necessarily had finite resources for producing new beings to replace any lost in accidents, etc. Hence the red star -- a being who died inside Mata Nui would be teleported to the red star where their essence would be transplanted into another body and they would be sent back. Unfortunately, as with so many things related to Mata Nui's construction, it didn't work very well. The teleporting "to" worked but the teleporting "from" didn't, so a lot of newly revived dead folk were stuck on the satellite with no way to get back home.
QUOTE(Anti Nui)1) Just to be 100% sure, Annona and the Red Star have no connection, correct?QUOTE(GregF)1) I can't answer thatThanks to toaKopaka4372 for the last one. :) Also, me not putting the first one in here was a serious oversight, glad to have that one in. I am not sure that the revelations in Erebus' first topic - the one about the GB/murderer - are actual GregF quotes or paraphrases of Greg by Erebus. If those are actual Greg quotes, or Erebus can provide the originals, I would be welcome to including those here...in like a GB/murderer section or something to that effect. However, it is understandable if this cannot be done.

I am not sure that the revelations in Erebus' first topic - the one about the GB/murderer - are actual GregF quotes or paraphrases of Greg by Erebus. If those are actual Greg quotes, or Erebus can provide the originals, I would be welcome to including those here...in like a GB/murderer section or something to that effect. However, it is understandable if this cannot be done.
You could include them with that disclaimer. :shrugs: The first one was just the name, so can simply be paraphrased. I'm pretty sure they're quotes but yeah, being cautious about that is wise.I took the time to re-read all of this as my horrible memory can always use refreshing, heh. I had forgotten the one about the Bahrag being confirmed to be susceptible to at least some kind of mind-control. Definately backs up some theories about what could have happened next with Velika.BTW, might wanna add a note at the very top that I allowed it to be revivable so there's no confusion. :)

I am not sure that the revelations in Erebus' first topic - the one about the GB/murderer - are actual GregF quotes or paraphrases of Greg by Erebus. If those are actual Greg quotes, or Erebus can provide the originals, I would be welcome to including those here...in like a GB/murderer section or something to that effect. However, it is understandable if this cannot be done.
You could include them with that disclaimer. :shrugs: The first one was just the name, so can simply be paraphrased. I'm pretty sure they're quotes but yeah, being cautious about that is wise.
And that is about as clear as mud. Do you want me to add the information with the disclaimer or not? I lean against it because I do not know, and this is primarily a GregF quote topic...I resist muddying the waters. I should probably PM Erebus about this...will try to do that ASAP. Added the note about topic revivalability. (At least for this topic, the sendback teleporter is working. :P)

It's up to you, but PMing Erebus is probably best, so yeah. :P

I forgot about the Makuta bit in that hint.Guess they're alive.
I don't think it was meant to hint the Makuta are alive. Most likely it was meant to tip us off about the fact that the Red Star's Sendback teleportation system was jammed, so the interpretation was probably supposed to be this: It was safe for Teridax to kill all the Makuta he wanted over the years because even if they were revived in the Red Star, they had no way of getting back to be a problem.Besides, the Karda Nui Makuta (with the exception of Icarax and Krika) are almost without a doubt permanently dead; there wasn't so much as a wisp of their essence left to be teleported to the Red Star, so revival was probably impossible.EDIT:
Thanks to toaKopaka4372 for the last one. :)
No problem. :) Edited by toa kopaka4372

toakopaka.png
Credit goes to Linus Van Pelt (Formerly known as Cherixon) and Spectral Avohkii Enterprises

My Memoirs of the Dead entry, Reflectons:

http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=7351

I don't think it was meant to hint the Makuta are alive. Most likely it was meant to tip us off about the fact that the Red Star's Sendback teleportation system was jammed, so the interpretation was probably supposed to be this: It was safe for Teridax to kill all the Makuta he wanted over the years because even if they were revived in the Red Star, they had no way of getting back to be a problem.
Given that Makuta have their own teleportation power, that doesn't strike me as safe. :PThe interpretation that first came to my mind was that something about the process or the method of killing them ensured the Makuta wouldn't be revived at all (like maybe antidermis beings aren't revivable).

I don't think it was meant to hint the Makuta are alive. Most likely it was meant to tip us off about the fact that the Red Star's Sendback teleportation system was jammed, so the interpretation was probably supposed to be this: It was safe for Teridax to kill all the Makuta he wanted over the years because even if they were revived in the Red Star, they had no way of getting back to be a problem.
Given that Makuta have their own teleportation power, that doesn't strike me as safe. :PThe interpretation that first came to my mind was that something about the process or the method of killing them ensured the Makuta wouldn't be revived at all (like maybe antidermis beings aren't revivable).
Oh wow, can't believe that slipped my mind. :P Still, it could be that the range of their abilities wouldn't allow them, or that something in the Red Star prevents them from doing that.Or it could be just what you said.

toakopaka.png
Credit goes to Linus Van Pelt (Formerly known as Cherixon) and Spectral Avohkii Enterprises

My Memoirs of the Dead entry, Reflectons:

http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=7351

I heard back from Erebus on the matter of the reveals, and have put this section at the top, for further reference :) : Concerning The GB and Murderer from Recent Serials: These reveals are direct quotes from Greg on such matters, with the following caveat:

[Greg's] own words, but I may have deleted a few unnecessary words.
The Great Being is Velika.
-------------UPDATE [9/1]: I asked Greg two very important questions people were wondering about concerning the disguised Great Being, and here are the answers:
1. The Great Being was already named Velika before inhabiting the Matoran body.2. Velika is indeed the killer of Tren Krom and Karzahni. He was doing some housecleaning.
-------------UPDATE [9/20]: What is the undisguised Great Being's motive?
Velika is eliminating wild cards, beings who are acting way outside of the expected parameters of the GB's plans.
It's good to have that out of spoiler tags...I think...

Good to know. :)

:lol: Ah... classic Greg.Shame that the story isn't going to continue. A lot of these concepts would be interesting to use, especially the one about how the Bahrag could be tricked into believing they had a different mission. Edited by High Voltage

Wait, is the story officialy discontinued now?
Not officially. Greg does not seem to have time to continue writing stories at this time. We don't know for how long that will continue to be the case. :) However, it's most likely not going to continue (in official story form; obviously Greg has still been revealing new things about it :)).

Wait, is the story officialy discontinued now?
Not officially. Greg does not seem to have time to continue writing stories at this time. We don't know for how long that will continue to be the case. :) However, it's most likely not going to continue (in official story form; obviously Greg has still been revealing new things about it :)).
Alright, thanks for the reply. It's kind of depressing somehow. I was partly fine with the sets not being continued, because I was relieved that the story would. And off course, there's always the fanbase to "continue" it, but I'm not really part of the community anymore and I never cared about fanfics in the first place so yeah...I really hope Greg at least decides to finish the current serials and answer some of the most important questions in them, and just reveal further smaller details through mails or something. Edited by bonesiii
Filtered word removed. :) -bones

I know, my banner is gone. Mata Nui will RickRoll everybody yeah.

• 5 months later...

Before the archives went down, I used an HTML reader to download all of the Greg topics (Official Greg Discussion Official Greg Dialogue, Offical Greg Quotes) to my computer. Since then, I have converted these from HTML code to BBCode and otherwise made them readable, and in the wake of the archives going down I'm offering the files to whoever wants them (yes, they aren't that great, but beats nothing). :shrugs: (Don't let the txt file size fool you! The whole thing is at least 40 MB unzipped! Further, I strongly recommend the txt versions and using notepad or a browser to view (Ctrl+F to search), as MS word takes an eon to paginate/open the things! ) Greg Answers TXT.zip - Mediafire - 8 MB Greg Answers DOCX. zip - Mediafire - 16 MB[/size] Anyway, time for an update to this topic. :) The Red Star: QUOTE(Erebus)Why are some beings alive, like Mavrah, and others are not?QUOTE(Greg Farshtey)Matoro and the Makuta did not come back, for a simple reason. None of them have bodies anymore. The body is what is teleported up (which is why you don't see BIONICLE graveyards) and then either repaired or a new one is made to house the consciousness. If the body has been utterly destroyed, there is nothing to work with.QUOTE(Erebus)What is the nature of the lightning that struck 6 Matoran?QUOTE(Greg)There was never supposed to be Matoran outside the robot. The Toa Mata failed to wake Mata Nui on time, and thus there were still Matoran outside on the islands of Mata Nui and Voya Nui. The lightning acts like a fail-safe to create new Toa outside the robot in case they are ever needed.QUOTE(Greg Farshtey)Fulfilling your destiny does not mean you cannot be revived. We have seen plenty of characters fulfill their destiny and yet live on. The point of the red star is basically that even Mata Nui is not self-sustaining if it loses too many beings (to an accident, say), the same way you could not survive if you lost too many blood cells without replacing them. We haven't SEEN Lhikan alive again, that doesn't mean he isn't.QUOTE(Greg Farshtey)Rahi can be revived, since they play a role in Mata Nui's functioning as well.QUOTE(Greg Farshtey)The Kanohi Tryna, the Mask of Reanimation, brings you back right away with all the damage -- red star takes a good deal longer, but repairs the damage.QUOTEDoes the Red Star always work in reviving every dead being with an intact body or is it selective about what it chooses to resurrect? Rahi too?QUOTE(Greg Farshtey)No, it works in general, everyone has some role to play in the universe.

Can you name anyone other than Mavrah who [is] alive in the Red Star?LhikanBasically, anyone whose body was not disintegrated would be there.So no Matoro, no Brotherhood members, nobody who had no body leftHow long ago was the Red Star broken? From the start, or was it due to the Great Cataclysm?It stopped working quite a while before the events of Mystery of Metru Nui, which is why no one was looking around for Lhikan to come back.Does this mean there are two Hydraxons alive now?Yes, one up there, one down here.Can the Red Star still teleport the dead MU inhabitants to it now that the MU is effectively destroyed, and if not, how was it able to reach the Matoran in canisters in Voya Nui to turn them into the Toa Inika?It can't teleport right now, because the system is broken. As for the Inika, that wasn't teleportation at work, that was electrical discharge.Is there any kind of injury that would bar a being from being revived by the Red Star? Like perhaps a missing limb?No, there simply has to be a body left to work with.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Now what if someone with teleportation powers (like Brutaka with a functional Olmak or Botar) died could they escape the Red Star back to the Matoran Universe?Arguably, yesSo does that mean Botar was too damaged to be saved by the Red Star?No, it simply means that either a ) he reappeared someplace we have not seen him yet, or ...b ) He was sufficiently messed up by the experience of dying and coming back that he doesn't know where he is and isn't focusing on getting back.Does option B often happen to people? How aware are they of their circumstances?Well, the folks encountered on the red star thus far did not seem too together to me.What was the purpose of the red star on the map that Tarduk was following in the web serial?It marked the location of a Great Being facility, the one in which the RS was built.Okay, now what about the mental image of the Red Star that Tren Krom projected right before his death?TK was killed by a Great Being. The RS image served two purposes -- to TK, it symbolized the Great Beings, and ..it was a bit of irony .. as a completely organic being, the RS could not bring him backAs well as the fact that he was on Spherus Magna and the RS could not have brought him back anyways?Well, we don't know that.The RS is keyed in to MU inhabitants.We don't know the fact that he was no longer in the MU would have made a difference. Might have made a difference to his being sent back ...But the RS isn't sending anyone back now anyway.

Some of these are tangential, but they're all RS related, and I have a catagory for that already. :PConcerning the GB and Murderer from Recent Serials:

Was Velika in the Kingdom Alternate Universe also a Great Being?YesWhat have White Teridax and Mazeka been up to ever since the MU shut down?Pretty much the same as everyone else -- survival and trying to build a new life in a new place.Could we get a basic idea of Velika's life in the MU before being sent to Karzahni? Did he for example personally know Tren Krom as some theorized? What was his strategy of "observing", and was it intentional that he got damaged to go to Karzahni?Yes. he would have known TK, but I do not think he intentionally got damaged.Any info on what he did before going into the MU, like what GB projects he worked on?No

The Shadowed One:

What happened to the Shadowed One? Last time we saw him, he had disappeared with vials after killing Ancient.TSO is on Spherus Magna, forming a new army around the remnants of the DH and the scum of his new world. They are all in deep cover until the moment is right to strike.Are some of those "scum" guys following TSO from SM such as Bone Hunters or Skrall?YesAnd others we haven't met yetfrom other regions of SMDid he use [viruses] on himself or is he just keeping them as a secret weapon?Secret weapon

Edit: I had to scrap/revert a lot of format out of the front post. :( (I also ran out of quote tags, and there is a BBCode glitch going about.) Edited by fishers64

So, about Hydraxon, does that mean the Ignika had no idea about the Red Star, as it was created by the GBs as well. Or did it just need a protector right then?

One possible theory is that it's only because Hydraxon was alive up there that it could access his memories and copy them (and did so because it felt he would be a good protector).

I knew it! I knew that resurrecting Teridax yet again would've been a cheap trick, and that assuming it wasn't any other Makuta, the only other logical being that could've been the green cloud was Zaktan. Well, good to know that one of my favorite characters still lives.

Lived for a while more, but not anymore. Unless you count being part of an unnamed fusion alive.

I knew it! I knew that resurrecting Teridax yet again would've been a cheap trick, and that assuming it wasn't any other Makuta, the only other logical being that could've been the green cloud was Zaktan. Well, good to know that one of my favorite characters still lives.

Lived for a while more, but not anymore. Unless you count being part of an unnamed fusion alive.

Well yes, in that he's not explicitly dead XD

zaktancopyja2.png

Last of the Matoran Universe (please read and review)