Lego Bionicle DC comics question.

turaga edron

I collected the Lego Bionicle DC comics like most of you did. Well I recently pulled them out to look at and I noticed I'm missing a comic, Bionicle Ignition (Sea of Darkness) #6. I think I remember reading that a comic would only be online, but I'm not sure if it was #6. I also am not sure how long each comic series lasted. Can any of you tell me this information?

Thank you for the information. According to the list I am missing one comic, #12.5.

This one was never published at all, actually. The script is available here, however.

(Also, if you really want to have a physical copy of Ignition #6, it was released as part of the sixth graphic novel, BIONICLE #6: The Underwater City.)

Edited by JSLBrowning

1554824458_Signature1.thumb.png.b92b35987fd64998219a7750ccf7f46f.png134107221_Signature2.thumb.png.4cbc1d79cb2860c534af37071132810a.png

I collected the Lego Bionicle DC comics like most of you did. Well I recently pulled them out to look at and I noticed I'm missing a comic, Bionicle Ignition (Sea of Darkness) #6. I think I remember reading that a comic would only be online, but I'm not sure if it was #6. I also am not sure how long each comic series lasted. Can any of you tell me this information?

It was only not published in English. I've heard of a copy in Chinese, and I own a published physical copy of #6 in German.

It was only not published in English. I've heard of a copy in Chinese, and I own a published physical copy of #6 in German.

Really? I never knew. The only physical copy I'm aware of is the Papercutz one.

Edited by Planetperson

Really? I never knew. The only physical copy I'm aware of is the Papercutz one.

Yes, the papercutz book is the only physical copy in English. Some other countries got actual comics though. I didn't know either until I actually found the German copy of the comic and did some research on it.

Edited by jchavoya

Are there scans available somewhere? What does the cover look like?

I don't know. I doubt it. It looks pretty much the same as the regular comic, just the language is different. So I doubt anyone would go through the trouble of scanning it. This is it's listing on bricklink, where you could see the cover.

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?B=biocommag25de&name=Bionicle%20#T=S&O={"iconly":0}

It's the only one with a weird cover. All the other German comics had the same cover as their English counterparts. I guess they had to come up with their own when it came to publishing this one though.

It's not the most exciting cover, but I still think it's really cool to own a published version of an unpublished comic.

Edited by jchavoya

Ah, that makes sense. That cover says it's the July 2007 issue, though. Wasn't Ignition 6 released in January?

I think different countries were also on different schedules. I don't know how on or off these schedules were. I think I've seen UK versions that are one month off.

In Mexico a publisher called "Grupo editorial Mundo Vid" published 26 numbers, because the publisher went to bankrupt in the period of 2007-2009. Maybe these comics are the only spanish translatetion licensed by DC Comics and Lego.

Let me show us a picture from some issues

Edited by Toa Mulder

• 5 weeks later...