Bionicle characters interacting with humans and Earth

Lenny7092

Hi, guys!:) I don’t wanna ask a weird question, but let me say this: I see that in Bionicle, there are bio-mechanical beings. Glatorian and Agori live in a planet called Spherus Magna, which looks like the planet Earth while Glatorian and Agori are mostly like humans. When the people from the Matoran Universe arrived on SM, they are like Transformers from Transformers, Thor from Marvel, and Superman from DC Comics. So, I wonder what would happen if a Bionicle character would encounter a human being and arrive on the planet Earth. Basically, Bionicle characters are like humans in many ways.

Well, if a Bionicle character would enter Earth and meet some humans, the Bionicle characters would either be curious about the human beings, try to greet them, or just ran away in fear or being shy. Humans would either be curious as well or be cautious when approaching the Bionicle characters. They may look at the Bionicle characters as scary aliens. There also could be humans who would capture the Bionicle characters and examine them. It’s like Transformers (to be honest, I would want that to happen in the Bionicle stories because the Bionicle characters need to get out often). If the humans and the good-hearted Bionicle characters get along, they can be friends (I would imagine the Toa Nuva watching superhero movies with humans). Lol. Plus, if the human military would come after BIONICLE Heroes, their human friends would hide them to avoid problems. If humans encounter Bionicle villains, who would invade either Earth, SM, or both, they should help BIONICLE Heroes defeat them. If the BIONICLE Heroes would save the planet Earth from the villains, they would be praised like the Avengers and the Justice League.

If the humans and the planet Earth are truly involved in the Bionicle stories, I’d say that the Great Spirit Mata Nui May have studied the planet and people in there before his coma. Plus, when the Shattering happened, the Great Beings May have went to the planet Earth for a new home unless SM is restored.

If the media would tell these kinds of stories, I would imagine live-action movies, something that Lego should do if that could happen.

So yeah, you see what I mean? Bionicle characters should get out often. That would make things feel more human for Bionicle if you know what I mean. What are your thoughts? Have you thought of that before?

Edited by Lenny7092

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

I'm sorry to say this, but I have just two words:

BAD IDEA.

I just cannot visualize Bionicle characters having peaceful interactions with Earth inhabitants. Maybe in the future when we are a more peaceful species, but not right now.

Also, about the Agori and Glatorian, they have implanted devices and a metallic bone structure (I believe the bone thing is naturally occuring).

RPG Characters: Explota Akkitu

• 2 weeks later...

Why would you guys prefer past times? Well, it would be kind of reasonable because the humans would look at the Bionicle characters as special beings to worship, but they don’t understand science or robotics. Technically, I believe at least the modern times or the 1980s-1990s can understand this stuff. People be may afraid and cautious, but they can take the time to study the Bionicle characters in their modern ways, as I would say (or they would just do the hand thing in How to Train Your Dragon movies). Future would work, but I wouldn’t agree. Not great, and like how Transformers: Animated wasn’t the best TF show there is.

I would imagine the Great Beings might have moved to Earth since the Shattering because they need a place to live. They may have used cloaking technology to hide themselves in there to have some privacy before they would come back to Spherus Magna when it got restored.

I have to agree with most people here about Bionicle characters arriving on Earth in present day: It would not go over well. The Transformers movies are a good example of why. Realistically, any Toa or Matoran on Earth would be captured immediately, and potentially studied. You point this out in your opening post as if that would be a good thing for both parties.

So... What happens if you restrain a six to seven foot tall humanoid robot with control over a natural element? What happens if you poke said robot with multiple devices? Suddenly, half of a continent could be wiped out, especially if it was a Toa being experimented on. Gali Nuva's Nova Blast leveled an entire island. My point is this- Would the Bionicle characters enjoy being "examined in [our] modern ways?"

Any world military would likely use force eventually. Most people fear what they don't know about, and any Earth in which a Toa arrived without Bionicle as a toyline would almost certainly have that issue.

Time periods in the past would be enjoyable because you could have things like knights riding horses chasing a Toa. It would be absolutely hilarious.

I doubt the "hand thing" from How to Train Your Dragon would be effective. A Toa is basically human sized and proportioned, so doing that would basically be sticking your hand on another human's face. It would be awkward, to say the least.

Part of the magic of Lego and Bionicle is that they take place in their own world. Live action, especially when nothing like that has been done by Lego before, would be a step away from that.

Admittedly, humans and the Matoran species have more in common than humans and Transformers, so the dynamic might be different. I don't know. If you want an example of what a war would look like between humans and Bionicles, then look no further than the Brickbeard animations. The final one is of Tahu completely destroying the pirate's ship.

I would enjoy seeing the Matoran Universe as one of the realms from Ninjago, though.

:smilematoro:

I have to agree with most people here about Bionicle characters arriving on Earth in present day: It would not go over well. The Transformers movies are a good example of why. Realistically, any Toa or Matoran on Earth would be captured immediately, and potentially studied. You point this out in your opening post as if that would be a good thing for both parties.

So... What happens if you restrain a six to seven foot tall humanoid robot with control over a natural element? What happens if you poke said robot with multiple devices? Suddenly, half of a continent could be wiped out, especially if it was a Toa being experimented on. Gali Nuva's Nova Blast leveled an entire island. My point is this- Would the Bionicle characters enjoy being "examined in [our] modern ways?"

Any world military would likely use force eventually. Most people fear what they don't know about, and any Earth in which a Toa arrived without Bionicle as a toyline would almost certainly have that issue.

Time periods in the past would be enjoyable because you could have things like knights riding horses chasing a Toa. It would be absolutely hilarious.

I doubt the "hand thing" from How to Train Your Dragon would be effective. A Toa is basically human sized and proportioned, so doing that would basically be sticking your hand on another human's face. It would be awkward, to say the least.

Part of the magic of Lego and Bionicle is that they take place in their own world. Live action, especially when nothing like that has been done by Lego before, would be a step away from that.

Admittedly, humans and the Matoran species have more in common than humans and Transformers, so the dynamic might be different. I don't know. If you want an example of what a war would look like between humans and Bionicles, then look no further than the Brickbeard animations. The final one is of Tahu completely destroying the pirate's ship.

I would enjoy seeing the Matoran Universe as one of the realms from Ninjago, though.

Exactly. Why is it that you think that modern humans interacting with Bionicle creatures is a good thing for either group involved? Maybe the knights that Downfall mentioned because they would have a harder time injuring a Toa, but not anything later than that. WHY?

Everyone talks about how bad it would end, but I tend to think that the world would react much the way the world in Man of Steel and, particularly, BVS did...with debates and politics. Toa would be looked at like gods among men. Questions of who they really are, and why they're really here would be raised. They would have their defenders, and their detractors. Much like Superman, they would no doubt maintain respect for the military whilst standing their ground, and proceed to ally with them. I could also see them being rather vocal in society, especially given the current political climate, which I couldn't see them tolerating too much. Much of their time could be spent dealing with human issues during times when a major threat isn't present. Granted, it's hard to say how it would go down...everyone here brings up valid points. 

• Upvote 1

I remember Greg saying that when they were looking for a studio to make Mask of Light, every single one before Creative Capers/Miramax wanted a human kid to be magically transported to Mata Nui and befriend the Toa. TLC hated the idea.

My friend went to Po-Wahi and all I got was this lousy rock.

logowithbackgrounnd100.png

Blue sea...a Ruki leaps...the sound of water

I remember Greg saying that when they were looking for a studio to make Mask of Light, every single one before Creative Capers/Miramax wanted a human kid to be magically transported to Mata Nui and befriend the Toa. TLC hated the idea.

Thank god that idea was scrapped.

Agreed.

Agreed.

Well, we had to focus on the Bionicle characters more because we didn’t know much about them back in 2003, and it’s silly to bring one measly human boy to the Bionicle world. What Bionicle would need in getting humans involved is to have a storyline where Toa Mata would accidentally get transported to the planet Earth and greet humans before they would feel like they would introduce humans to their world. It’s like the Thor movies. It’s a much better approach.

Agreed.

Well, we had to focus on the Bionicle characters more because we didn’t know much about them back in 2003, and it’s silly to bring one measly human boy to the Bionicle world. What Bionicle would need in getting humans involved is to have a storyline where Toa Mata would accidentally get transported to the planet Earth and greet humans before they would feel like they would introduce humans to their world. It’s like the Thor movies. It’s a much better approach.

Why wouldn't we still need to focus on the Bionicle characters more? We still don't know everything. Another thing: Although the story serials didn't tie into the main story very much, they still were related, and could be important to, the events happening in the main story. I feel that a trip to Earth by the Toa would be somewhat pointless. Aside from some some funny moments, we wouldn't be getting anything new from the story we want to see.

While the main characters, and by extension us would be stuck on Earth, where we live, we would really just want to be exploring islands and learning something new about their world.

The story serials, no matter how far out of the way they may have wandered, were still relevant. I don't think an Earth plotline would be.

Agreed.

Why wouldn't we still need to focus on the Bionicle characters more? We still don't know everything. Another thing: Although the story serials didn't tie into the main story very much, they still were related, and could be important to, the events happening in the main story. I feel that a trip to Earth by the Toa would be somewhat pointless. Aside from some some funny moments, we wouldn't be getting anything new from the story we want to see.

While the main characters, and by extension us would be stuck on Earth, where we live, we would really just want to be exploring islands and learning something new about their world.

The story serials, no matter how far out of the way they may have wandered, were still relevant. I don't think an Earth plotline would be.

Maybe a loose continuation? Plus, the Great Beings May have hid themselves in there. I mean, if the serials had continued, the Great Beings would show up and mention that they had been hidden in the planet Earth. Just my theory. So, I wouldn’t think this would be pointless somehow. It could be a new small step for Bionicle’s heroes somehow.:)

Agreed.

Correction: no such story would happen at all. That's the best approach. Bionicle gains nothing by losing its detachment from our world.

• Upvote 2

Rule #1: Always listen to Kek.

Rule #2: If you break rule #1, kindly don't.

Rule #3: EVERYBODY TYPE IN THE CHAT "AVAK IS A STUPID TRIGGER"

I left further feedback on this on your Hero Factory post. In short: Transformers were designed for Earth, Bionicle was not. Hero Factory might work due to its marketing.

Brutaka's Game was indeed a comic on DeviantArt, by the user called Saronicle. The main character was a self insert, and ended up falling into Energized Protodermis at some point. I mainly remember the gallery for an extremely amusing comic about Lewa poking Kopaka.

Very bad idea desu

Bionicle is not Transformers or Hero Factory, part of the appeal is the sense of mystery born out of a total lack of human characters. I will forever be grateful to Greg for preventing the Committee from putting a human child in Mask of Light.

I remember when the terrible promotional G2 comics started coming out and, apart from the blatantly traced art, there was a statue of a human head in Gali's comic (brought over from whatever it was traced over). Some people welcomed the idea of humans in Bionicle. Others sought to get out of the cursed land.

Edited by Toa of Gallifrey
  • Upvote 1

Very bad idea desu

Bionicle is not Transformers or Hero Factory, part of the appeal is the sense of mystery born out of a total lack of human characters. I will forever be grateful to Greg for preventing the Committee from putting a human child in Mask of Light.

I remember when the terrible promotional G2 comics started coming out and, apart from the blatantly traced art, there was a statue of a human head in Gali's comic (brought over from whatever it was traced over). Some people welcomed the idea of humans in Bionicle. Others sought to get out of the cursed land.

What comic was this?

I don't want Bionicle characters coming to modern Earth so much, but I'd have been fine if the story had implied that Spherus Magna was a future Earth or Earthlike planet populated by species descended from humans in the distant future. Glatorian, Agori and Skrall could plausibly be subspecies of hominids that evolved from humans after millions of years.

If it were a film, I'd have everything in the Matoran Universe be photorealistic CGI, but have Agori/Glatorian played by live actors, maybe with some light prosthetics and LOTR style camera tricks to make the Glatorian taller than Agori. Or in a reboot, just replacing those species with human characters outright.

3DS Friend Code: 0018-0767-4231