Skyrise: Ascent - IC Topic

Nato G

IC: Akkitu- "Volunteer" Work

"Sounds interesting, but what is the expedition's goal? Also, why are you stressing the word 'volunteer'?"

OOC: You know that "volunteer" implies that something is done voluntarily, right? This is forced.

Edited by Laval Master of Energy
RPG Characters: Explota Akkitu

GM IC: Other Officer - Tesara Guardhouse.

"I was being facetious." The guard replied dryly, "This is a punishment; you don't get a choice. As for the purpose of the expedition, you'll have to ask Tekmo when you see him." The officer scribbled down a few more notes, then passed it back to the two guards who'd originally brought Akkitu in, "Take him to Tekmo. You can explain the details of his sentence to him along the way."

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Tekmo (Tesara Guardhouse)

Now let's see... who around here has no use for money? Or perhaps... who around here has no choice but to do what I say for no reward?

Tekmo glanced over towards the guardhouse.

Well alright then. This is stupid, but alright.

He walked over to the guard in front. "Hello again. I'm here to offer a form of community service to your prisoners."

IC: Waveahk (The Aquarium)

"Do you have any other volume other than screaming? Yes, we're going to Aqua Magna." Waveahk takes several gulps of water.

"It will be a while before we get there, of course. Please refrain from outbursts of 'are we there yet?'"

IC: Armani - Hmm

Well, the dirty looks weren't exactly uncommon, though they'd decreased in frequency since the early days of New Atero. That left only a few options, the chief of which being talking to the spies, or talking to His Spikiness. Spies or Spikiness. Spies or Spikiness.

Well, who knew how long the spies were going to be detained for? She would see His Spikiness afterwards. She started heading in the direction the spies had been taken.

~

IC: Matilda - Corpse Party

"Hey, do you... have any idea what would make a mask explode like that? He was holding pieces of it, so..."

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

IC: Akkitu- Forced Volunteer

"Let's just get this over with, okay?"

GM IC: Those Two Guards - Tesara Guardhouse.

"That's fine with us." The pair chuckled, as they led Akkitu out of the interrogation room, and back towards the entrance. As they walked, one of them skimmed the instructions the Officer had left, "According to this, the terms of your 'community service' are fairly straightforward. You'll go where Tekmo tells you, do what he says, until the mission is complete or he turns you loose. If he doesn't come back... you probably shouldn't, either."

IC: Tekmo (Tesara Guardhouse)

He walked over to the guard in front. "Hello again. I'm here to offer a form of community service to your prisoners."

The trio emerged from the guardhouse just in time to overhear Tekmo's question. 

"Well, that makes this easy." The other guard chuckled, removing Akkitu's handcuffs and giving his belongings back to him, "We've got one here for you already, Tekmo. I believe you've already met?" 

IC: Porangi - The Tower, New Atero

"Soooo... while we wait for our friend here to think of something he wants, perhaps we could discuss the details of this new arm?" Porangi said to Doc K in a half hushed tone, leaning on the desk a bit.

GM IC: Doctor K - The Tower, New Atero.

"Right, yes." The Kestora pulled a roll of sketching paper and stick of charcoal out from under the desk, and started scrawling a rough outline. "I presume you want it to at least somewhat match your existing limb? Same length, same number of fingers?" With his other hand, he picked up a quill, poised to add annotations, "Also, if you don't mind me asking, how did you lose the arm? The nature of the injury might impact how... invasive the surgery will be." 

IC: Armani - Hmm

She started heading in the direction the spies had been taken.

GM IC: Armani - New Atero.

Thought the guard group had enough of a head start that they weren't immediately visible, it was clear that they'd been moving off in the direction of The Tower. 

IC: Matilda - Corpse Party

"Hey, do you... have any idea what would make a mask explode like that? He was holding pieces of it, so..."

GM IC: Guard - Tesara Outskirts.

"It looks more like the mask was smashed inwards," the guard commented, leaning in to inspect the corpse, "And his face along with it."

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

"I think there's another guy in there. Big, scary-looking Skrall dude..."

"...who was arrested for attacking a stranger in the street." The other guard pointed out. 

"Okay then, I guess we're all going back inside." The lead guard grumbled, leading the group back into the guardhouse, to the door of the room where Taurek and Tacitus were being questioned. "You can go in first," the other guard said to Tekmo, "You're the one who wants the prisoner, and we're the ones who don't want to get yelled at for interrupting an interrogation in progress."

(I'm a bit slow recently; sorry for holding things up ^^; )

IC: Tarutu - Tesara Marketplace

That took some of the wind out of Tarutu's determined stance. It hadn't really occurred to her that Paju simply needed the job, no matter how much or little it earned her; as a businesswoman herself, she'd been so caught up in making sure her fellow Ga-Matoran didn't get cheated out of the deal that she just hadn't stopped to consider that maybe the other didn't see things quite the same way as she did. Behind her Komau, she frowned, rubbed her neck... not guiltily, exactly, but there was certainly a trace of regret there that she hadn't helped.

"Sorry. I just didn't want to see you get the bad end of the deal."

Actually though, now that she thought about it... even if the expedition wasn't paying, that didn't mean that the participants were necessarily going to come out of it empty-handed. In any kind of expedition, there was the prospect of making finds along the way that, perhaps, a member might just forget to enter into the log. Probably not valuable treasures, unless whoever had orchestrated the attack was rich; but maybe weapons, armour, or the sorts of things you could secret in a bag without your glorious expedition leader being any the wiser. Perhaps, just perhaps, enough to make it worth even a businesswoman's time to investigate.

Maybe.

She glanced at Paju again, shrugging slightly.

"I don't know. If there was a way to profit out of this guy's expedition... would that make his offer sweeter for you?"

Don't get her into your bad habits, Tarutu. Just because you'd steal from these apparent attackers when the expedition found them, doesn't mean you should corrupt her to do the same.

IC: Kastir - Capstone Bar

"I can't speak for the... legality of those other ways, if you catch my drift. But they'd definitely get us our third."

Willingly or otherwise.

Here in Cliffside, it wasn't likely anyone would object to a surreptitious bending of the law... the most likely response, in fact, would probably be 'what law?' as the precarious settlement seemed happy to let its inhabitants do whatever, as long as it wasn't done within the Capstone itself. She certainly didn't expect Drukann to object her suggestion on moral grounds; though he may have other reasons to do so, and Kastir would willingly accept that if he did. He should, though, at least have got the gist of what she was suggesting by now.

"Hm."

She changed track, however, as the Skakdi answered her question. One clawed finger tapped her chin, as she turned the words over in her mind. The arena itself was a safe spot, though the journey to reach it would be another matter entirely... and, essentially, who the karz knew once they got the thing working. That didn't exactly answer many of the questions she had; but since he was going into most of this just as blind as she was, there seemed no gain from pressing the matter. Instead, the giant simply nodded.

Actually, she might, at least, not be quite as blind as he was, when the time came. Her Akaku, currently pushed up on her forehead out of the way, was a very useful tool after all.

Edited by Darth Jaller

Banner.png.3e903c5c49a30ba9503c72b2d57066b0.png

"New legends awake, but old lessons must be remembered.
For that is the way
of the BIONICLE."

IC: Zeiral - Tesara Marketplace (Roaming about)

Zeiral roamed back and forth between what few of the market stalls had remained unscathed from the attack, it had been quite some time since he had been in civilization and the few hours he had spent within Tesara had been eventful to say the least. The activity was taxing on Zeiral, but he was invigorated by the change to his daily routine regardless. He slipped off into a side alley, out of the way of the passers by.

"I suppose I should take inventory" he said to himself.

The wastelands could easily be very lonely, the habit of talking to himself just seemed to be a natural development during his journeys through the sand. The inspection of his pack didn't reveal much, his sudden push to repair the Scarab to its current working condition had left him lacking in funds. He was down to just a few portions of food, most of a canteen of water, a handful of assorted scrap components and the Scarab's keys.

"Well then, employment takes first priority then... Surely someone in this oasis is in need of labor" he reasoned quietly.

Zeiral decided that searching through shops any further while lacking capital would be a waste of time. He made his way back to the noticeboard he left earlier. He hoped to find something of interest that payed either through the employer, or the loot found. He inspected the board for something fitting.

OOC: Zeiral is Looking over all the postings on the Notice board for Employment. (Hey Nato I'm not trying to bother you with something trivial, but what would be listed here exactly? I just wanna make sure I know what choices I have, if any, so I can decide on a direction to progress)

Edited by Bionic_

kkfy3Fr.png

Not much here yet to be honest, maybe later.

"Well, er, it's... the short of it is I fell of a cliff. Arm got crushed into about a hundred different pieces... and then cut off by some nasty sand bug people. Almost died that day... as well as for the next few days and weeks while trying to adjust to not having one of my arms... yeah, the stub is probably a bit of a mess. How invasive do you think we're talking here and, well, in what way?"

IC: Drukann - Capstone Bar

"Now, normally I wouldn't be against a little... coercion, but for the purposes of this excursion, I'm not sure anything less than a willing participant will yield any results. Now, if no one else is going to answer the ad here in Cliffside, perhaps it would be prudent to check out other avenues of recruitment. Being that here's very little moral or legal implications with what we're about to do, going to the other settlements is an option to consider." Drukann idly checked the bottle he held to find that it was empty, so he discarded it to rest on the table. "Have you ever been to Tesara before?"

OOC: Zeiral is Looking over all the postings on the Notice board for Employment. (Hey Nato I'm not trying to bother you with something trivial, but what would be listed here exactly? I just wanna make sure I know what choices I have, if any, so I can decide on a direction to progress)

OOC: Information about what can currently be seen on the noticeboard can be found in this post.

"Well, er, it's... the short of it is I fell of a cliff. Arm got crushed into about a hundred different pieces... and then cut off by some nasty sand bug people. Almost died that day... as well as for the next few days and weeks while trying to adjust to not having one of my arms... yeah, the stub is probably a bit of a mess. How invasive do you think we're talking here and, well, in what way?"

"Well, we won't know for sure until we start cutting, but it's a robotic arm. I can't exactly just glue it on." 

IC: Matilda - Huh

She took the shards of mask from her pocket. "That sounds... like something that would prevent him from holding these."

~

IC: Armani - Guard Tower We Go

She headed in the direction of the guard tower, determined to find answers.

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

IC: Paju-Tesara Market

"True," Paju replied to Tarutu, "But I can't imagine we'd find anything interesting on a simple scouting mission." She looked at her posters again and smiled. She seemed dissapointed but encouraged at the same time. "Maybe I should just visit Clifside and New Atero Like I had planned, Try and get myself out there. If it worked once It should work again right?"

Six Kingdoms Characters: Mazor, Jephro, The Janitor, Informant

"I could absolutely do that, as long as you don't mind having a dead weight hanging from your shoulder, and the persistent stench of putrefaction following you around until it decomposes enough to fall off of its own accord." 
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

GM IC: Whichever guard this is supposed to be - Tesara Outskirts.

"I don't see why," the guard frowned, "The dude gets whacked in the head, raises his hands to try to keep his face from bleeding and his mask from falling apart, but then passes out and dies from the trauma. How else would he end up with bits of his own mask in his hands?"
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

GM IC: Armani - The Tower, New Atero.

Armani would, as always, find the enigmatically indeterminate being waiting for her at the door. "His Spikiness is expecting you... but he also mentioned that he hopes you or he come down with a sudden illness so he can avoid having to talk about whatever it is you came to talk about." 

Edited by Nato the Traveler

"Well, I'm supposed to be on desk duty all day, but this mundane inactivity is so..." he paused for a moment, wracking his databanks, "...I think the word you would use is 'boring'? So I'd be eager to begin as soon as we're done here." 

IC: Matilda - Corpse Party But Not Quite Blood Covered

Matilda looked at the shards. She wasn't an expert at this sort of thing, but... "He was holding them. As in, even after death, and presumably after hitting the ground, he was holding them pretty tightly. Is that... normal?"

~

IC: Armani - Aww

Armani guessed that last part probably wasn't meant for her to hear. Well, she supposed the spies could wait, if His Spikiness was awaiting her arrival.

"Greetings, citizen! I hate to dash His Spikiness' hopes, but I am, unfortunately, in perfect health. I do hope he is too, all the same. If you do not mind me asking, did he seem upset at something?"

GM IC: I Don't Remember What Font Colour This Guard Originally Had - Tesara Outskirts.

"Well, the guy was a gravity Turaga, wasn't he?" The guard shrugged, "Could be that he tried to use his powers as he died, or something." 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

GM IC: Armani - The Tower, New Atero.

"He's a politician. They're always upset about something."

IC: Hadraeka - Tesara, Market Cleanup

Moments after the attack, Hadraeka surveyed the damage and casualties with a grim expression. She had arrived too late to fight off the assailants, all that was left now was to clean up this mess, and tend to the wounded.

Time went on, and Hadraeka did her best to help lift up debris or carry people where necessary. Slowly but surely parts of the market began to return to form.

Hadraeka exhaled deeply. She was strong, but hard work was still hard work, and right now her market shift was over. She began to make her way back to the Guardhouse.

OOC: Hadraeka open for interaction

Edited by Onaku

IC: Tekmo (Tesara Guardhouse, Tacitus Interrogation Room)

Tekmo, tired of waiting after knocking, just opens the door to the interrogation room by himself... just as Taurek was about to leave.

"Ah, hello. Is there a..." He pauses before turning back to the other guards. "What did you say his name was, again?"

"We... didn't?" The guards exchanged a glance, shuffling aside as they did to let Taurek get past them, "I'm pretty sure we just said big scary Skrall dude..." one of them pointed at Tacitus "...that'd be him."

"What is the meaning of this?" Barked the officer who'd been interrogating Tacitus.

"Tekmo here is looking for volunteers for... well, he can explain it better."

Several expectant gazes turned towards Tekmo. 

GM IC: Officer - Tesara Guardhouse.

"Fine with me." The officer shrugged, "Take him if you want." He inclined his head towards Tacitus, "Unless you'd rather serve out your sentence in a cell?"

GM IC: Officer - Tesara Guardhouse.

"Congratulations." The officer said to Tekmo, cautiously uncuffing Tacitus, "The rules for this sort of thing are pretty straightforward. You go where Tekmo says, do what he says, and if he doesn't come back... you shouldn't, either." 

Their work seemingly done for now, the duo departed for the break room, deciding that they'd earned a snack. 

IC: Tacitus - Tesara Guardhouse

Tacitus got up to leave stopping for just a moment to turn back to his interrogator. "So much for that tenure in your cell blocks." He said before turning once more and walking out. He eyed the matoran and agori trailing ahead of him with mild curiosity. He recognised both from after the marketplace battle, though he did recall seeing the matoran during it too.