Skyrise: Ascent - IC Topic

Nato G

IC: Kathok / Outcrop Bar, New Atero

"Hey, hey," Kathok beckons, trying to regain the bartender's attention - a tired, dusty agori with a level stare. "Look, you know me. You've known me a long time. How long have I been coming here?" Three or four times, in the space of perhaps twice as many years, Kathok reflects as he feigns being drunker than he is. 

"I'm saying it was a good scrap! Shoulda seen it." Kathok dimly makes the connection between the word 'scrap' and his dilapidated surroundings, but can't think of anything useful to do with it. Meanwhile, the agori edges away, nodding solemnly. 

Kathok returns to his isolation, resentfully thinking that the bartender's job is to be entertained by him, and entertain him in turn - the New Aterolese are too serious. Lately, the world has offered nothing but a beige malaise, broken only by occasional violence or joy, which too soon fades into half-remembered limbo. Kathok wonders whether he's losing his grip on objective reality.

OOC: Kathok Hann open in New Atero

Edited by silo

Kathok

OOC: I keep forgetting to post, augh

~

IC: Matilda - Tesara Outskirts, Corpse Party

"I... guess," Matilda said uncertainly. "Weird, though..."

Something seemed off about this.

~

IC: Armani - The Tower

Armani grinned. "Well, I suppose helping to look after our fine city can be tiresome to even the most dedicated of politicians sometimes. Thank you very much, citizen! Keep up the good work!"

She gave a parting salute, and then went to meet with His Spikiness.

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

IC: Viann - Checking out a bar

Relatively disinterested in the current going-ons in New Atero, Viann had decided to check out the Outcrop Bar until enough explosions and loud noises outside told her that it was a good idea to get involved again.

Ordering a Nui Cola from the bar, she sat down, taking a moment to look around the place. 

OOC: Viann open for interaction in Outcrop Bar in New Atero

GM IC: Armani - The Tower, New Atero. 

Armani would find both Hakkzan and Coyle in an office further up in The Tower, in the midst of a muttered conversation. 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

GM IC: ??? - Cliffside. 

A battered skyfighter limped into Cliffside, bordering on crash-landing on the outskirts of the village. A long Agori hobbled away from the crippled vehicle, leaving bloodied footprints in his wake. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Kathok Hann / Outcrop Bar, New Atero

Eventually, someone sits within a two metre radius of the languishing Kathok. Another skakdi, grey armoured.

Kathok leans over with less precision than anticipated. "Not many of us in this part of town." he remarks ambiguously.

OOC: Interacting with Viann.

Edited by silo

Kathok

"I'm no mercenary," jabs Kathok with mock indignation. "I'm a travelling salesman by trade. Kathok Karaihe. Pleased to make your acquaintance."

Kathok contemplates the possibility that he sounds too earnest, but extends the hand of greeting nonetheless.

"But I was referring to skakdi."

With an almost conspiratorial tone, Kathok leans in again and says: "So...where were you in the War?" The classic skakdi icebreaker - something everyone can talk about. Kathok supposes that skakdi have been created since the Zakazian War ended; since the universe ended, in fact. But most wouldn't consider them true skakdi at all.

Kathok

IC: Tyren- Western Wastelands

Another day of sweltering heat.  Miserable heat was Tyren's sole existence now.  Time itself had lost all meaning.  A boring day was a good day, though, since anything else meant some Rahi attacking.  So far, Tyren had been able to fend off the rare meeting between him and the wildlife. A decade or so ago, he managed to find a sickly Rahi's "den" and smashed its skull in while it slept before taking over the spot as his.  It was there, beside a small spire of stone angled into the sun by some degrees, that Tyren had survived most recently.  Over the years, he was even able to burrow into the rock some to allow a crawl space for him to sleep within, so his body wasn't completely exposed to any night time predator.  When he was a Toa, this rock wouldn't have been much taller than him, but his smaller stature as a Turaga would benefit from this small protection from the elements.  

*click* Tyren unlatched his heavy box as he sat against his rock and watched the sun approach the horizon.  "It's been too long.." His old hands grasped tightly around the box's only possession: a dirty Kanohi.  Tyren removed his own Miru-shaped mask and laid it in the sand, the blue of the mask sharply contrasting with the sand.  He slipped the other mask on.  It felt much cooler, having been tucked away from the hot sun.  His thoughts began to dissipate, being replaced by a singular instinct. "Serve... my... will..."  Tyren sat like that until the sun had set and twilight grew.  The Turaga carefully removed the strange Kanohi and carefully placed it back inside his box and locked it before reattaching his old mask.  No sooner than he got comfortable again did he notice a strange sight in the sky.

"A bird?!" Tyren shoved his box into his sleeping cavity before standing up and pressing his frame against his rock.  "It's, a ship?!?"  There was some vehicle accelerating towards the ground not too far off.  Within seconds, Tyren witnessed it plummet into the sand, sending sprays of dust into the sky.  Tyren immediately began throwing his hands into the ground, and after a minute he had cleared a large enough hole to force his box into.  He worked the sand back above the hole beside his rock until his box was completely hidden in the earth.  Then he just watched the mysterious fallen object from afar until darkness settled in.

Several hours had passed from the time of the ship's crashing until Tyren began approaching it.  Staff in hand, the Turaga crawled ever closer to the UFO until he was within dashing-distance of the wreckage.  He had never seen anything like this before.  The orange-and-black ship was relatively huge, and seemed to handle the impact well.  No smoke, no fires, and only a few dents on its striped hull from what he could tell.  Laying low on the ground, Tyren outstretched his hand, and with the power of magnetism felt the insides of the ship.  Nothing seemed obviously broken, as far as he could tell, and there was still power currently circulating within the ship's systems.  That's when Tyren noticed the pilot.

There was a staunch figure laying back in the only seat on the ship.  Tyren clutched his staff tightly as he sneaked up to it.  When Tyren was close enough, he swung his staff as hard as he could right into the figure's head.  When it collided, he used his powers over magnetism to force a strong, rebounding hit directly on it's face.  The figure just slumped out of the seat. "Dead on impact," thought the Turaga.  Tyren poked curiously at its neck.  "It's not like me.. it's.. different.. there's no gears.." Tyren tried to used his magnetism powers to feel around the beings insides, but only found an incomplete internal system.  "This thing isn't from my world.  It must be a native."  This was the first native Tyren had ever encountered.  Whatever knowledge he might have gained form this chance encounter was a lost opportunity now.  The Turaga turned his attention to the empty seat.  It seemed able to fit him, so Tyren slid into position.  There was a central interface console, with a few screens flashing a language at him he couldn't understand.  "What now," Tyren spoke aloud.  Suddenly, the entire system blinked white before reloading again in the familiar language of the Matoran.  "So this thing can detect my language?  Convenient.  Perhaps others of my kind made it out and have become established on this barren world?"  Tyren spent the better part of an hour going through the ship's settings and displays to familiarize himself with the craft.  It identified itself as Sull, and was apparently an Axalra model airship, fitted for combat. He had never flown before, let alone controlled such a complex piece of machinery, but he had discovered a record of coordinates within a chart. "Spherus Magna, that's what this world is called."  Tyren chuckled to himself, "It seems more like Barren Magna to me."  The night was here and the cool winds were picking up.  If Tyren was going to go anywhere, he had to leave now- who knows what danger lurked about while he normally slept.  Tyren slowly handled the controls and got the ship to rise several feet into the air.  "This pilot was heading west, it seems.  Towards something he marked 'Nest.'  Seeing how his course of action got him killed, I think I'll not head the same way."  Tyren paused for a moment in thought.  "What did cause the crash though?  Am I going to crash, too?"  His thoughts weren't comforting, but after centuries of meaningless existence, maybe death wasn't so bad after all. He looked down at his lonely rock, then added his current coordinates to the system's records under the name "site." 

Tyren looked back over his shoulder, then all round him at the featureless desert.  For time unknown this had been his reality.  Not anymore.  The dead pilot's starting point had been somewhere called "Tesara," and Tyren would steer the ship towards the direction of those coordinates.  If this ship could understand his language, perhaps the beings there would understand him, and not immediately kill him, or worse.  A hopeful thought, the first in too long a time.  With a firm grasp, his hands steered the ship forward, and for the first time in centuries, Tyren was on his way to see another person's face.

The Sull flew most of the night and some time into the morning.  Though not quite noon, it was getting there.  A few hours into his journey, the barren desert had given way to a gaping, endless chasm obscured by fog and mist.  A seldom screech or growl would rumble from below as Tyren kept his forward course.  He had spent some time on the edge of this chasm before, years and years ago.  The strangest, and usually most terrifying Rahi would sometimes emerge form its depths, and on a handful of occasions Tyren found himself fighting for his life against them.  These encounters had convinced Tyren it would be better to wander into to dunes, which is where he eventually made his home under a rock.  This chasm seemed to never end, which was his reality, up til now, when he spied some cliffs in the horizon.  As they grew larger and more defined, he noticed other flying beings in the air as well.  "Will they shoot me down into the depths?"  Tyren hoped not, but what could he really do to prevent them form harming him?  He kept his course, and before long, city walls rose high in front of him.  He slowed his speed, and gently navigated around the walls and the other pilots in the air.  The sight of civilization seemed so familiar and yet so foreign to him.  He had nearly forgotten what it was like to even be around other people, let alone live in a society.  He saw high towers and windowed rooms inside them, and people of all strange sorts walking around the streets, and sounds of their lives filled his head.  Some figures he could identify- there, a Vortixx, Matoran over there, a Skakdi, all strangely intermingling- yet others were new to him- perhaps that one was a Toa, maybe, and those others some bulkier Turaga than him?  Tyren would get his answers before long, but for now he needed to focus.  He needed to land.  He steered straight still, until arriving at the coordinates he had set out for.  It was one of several large platforms with countless other vehicles resting on top.  Tyren used all his caution in lowering the Sull into a vacant spot, accessing his powers over magnetism to further soften the landing.  He saw two other ships land in the time it took him to do so, but he landed safely all the same.

Tyren sat back in his seat and took a moment to collect himself.  "It's been so long; I've missed so much."  Tyren needed to choose a new objective.  "I need to talk with someone.  I need to find someone I can trust.  I need to learn what's happened while I've been away."  Finally, Tyren slipped out of the Sull's pilot seat, and made sure the ship was off before stepping away from it.  He took a moment to look around, noticing the other beings walking about casually, then he stepped forward.  And forward again, and again, until Tyren was walking in a city for the first time in centuries.

OOC: Tyren, Turaga of Magnetism, is now open for interaction in Tesara.  If it helps, you can take some liberty in how far/long he has been walking for you to meet him.

• Upvote 1

In a world where heroes and villains battle for the fate of the universe‚ some people have normal lives and work normal jobs... Zimixes

IC: Viann - Outcrop Bar

The skakdi did finally turn and look at the person who was addressing her. He didn't look like much. 

Ta-Skakdi, then? Su-Skakdi? Weird colour scheme. 

Viann ignored the hand that was extended towards her, opting for another sip of her drink, a smile on her face. "There's been quite a few wars, friendo. Luckily for me and you, I didn't fight in any of them. Well, I guess I did, but I don't think you can count deserters." 

She didn't bother sending the question back to him. She had a rough idea of what he might have been doing, judging by the stare Kathok had. Skakdi didn't often get the stare, being a warlike and brutal species to begin with, but hired guns, scrappers and whatever else saw a lot worse than soldiers in Zakaz. 

Another sip. She sure was glad they made these cans so big. 

IC: Taurek - Going home (Via MARKET)

I didn't even entertain the thought of listening in to whatever Tacitus was being drafted into. Wasn't my problem. If I never saw him again, it'd still be too soon.

Back to walking. Legs were beginning to ache again. 

I sighed, leaning against an empty stall in the market to give my legs a rest. 

A shorter figure wandered nearby, looking around in awe at the place. I squinted, recognizing him as a Turaga. Rare ones, those. 

"You doing okay, old man?" I threw out, examining my arm.

OOC: Interacting with Tyren

Kathok's eyes widen, then narrow, as he stares at Viann. Seconds pass. Then he just shakes his head and chuckles, mostly to himself for once. He turns back to the bar, regarding Viann sidelong for a few moments more.

Deserting: that'd been an option?

In the murky library of Kathok's recollections, the conflict appears all-consuming. But, like an internal game of whispers, that impression might result from its frequent retelling: each tale taller than the last.

Kathok calls the hapless agori over again. "Get my friend here something stronger than cola." Then, turning back to the grey skakdi: "Unusual. But you look like you've been in a few scraps." (That word again: something about scraps producing scrap?) "No offence meant, of course."

Edited by silo

Kathok

IC: Tyren- Market area, Tesara

Tyren slowly strode through the bustling city streets.  He saw members of practically every species form his Old World intermingling with these strange new Worlders.  "No toa, though," Turaga Tyren surmised.  "I wonder what they're off doing."  Some people he could tell were form his world, but he had only ever heard rumors of such beings, like those strong warriors with sturdy tails whose members included the mysterious leader of the Dark Hunters.  "I wonder if those mercenaries are even still an organization."  Even though many of these species, such as the Skakdi and the Steltans and the numerous Southern Islanders, were known to be quarrelsome in the past, it seems everyone here was living together peacefully.  "How long have I been gone?"  Even thought things appeared harmonious, Tyren didn't dare approach any strangers.  He didn't even know what he would say.  For now, he just took in the sights and sounds and smells of this new city.

"You doing okay, old man?" Someone had addressed him.  Tyren turned and saw a large being staring directly at him.  "A Steltan," he observed.  "One of the lower class... These guys were tough and strong and stubborn.  I best not offend him."

"Yeah, I'm okay.  I've uh... I've only just arrived here.  See, I've been gone for sometime.  Awhile.  The whole time, really."  Tyren surely looked puzzled as he tried to explain his entire life story in a few words.  "I'm from the Old World.  You are too, I guess.  I had a village then, back in the Old World, but after..." It had been so long, Tyren paused to remember events.  "I remember The Makuta took control of everything.  The universe itself.  Not long after, something happened.  He died, I guess, or was defeated.  And the lights everywhere started going out.  The world collapsed into itself, yet somehow I made it out.  My village.. didn't."  Tyren could scarcely remember they existed, let alone who they even were.  All he knew was they were his friends, the ones who cared and whom he cared about.  Even with such a memory as faded as this, he still felt the pain of losing them.  Tyren cleared his throat and tried to continue communicating with this Steltan.  "I'm sorry if this doesn't make sense.  After the Old World collapsed, and I made it out, all I found was endless, barren desert.  I've spent my life ever since wandering the dunes.  I didn't know any of this existed." Tyren crudely waved his arms around the air.  "My name is Tyren.  I discovered a ship, which led me back here." It was probably for the best to omit the part about the dead pilot.  "I've only just arrived, and have no clue what comes next.  Well, I guess next is I ask, 'who are you?'  What brings you here, to.. Tes ar a?" 

OOC: Just a note for the GM, that dead pilot and his apparent journey to The Nests can be a plot hook you can feel free to save for later and use for your own purposes.  I intend to never figure that out myself lol.

Edited by Azibo

In a world where heroes and villains battle for the fate of the universe‚ some people have normal lives and work normal jobs... Zimixes

There wasn't much to take offence from, really. She did, in fact, have quite a prominent scar on her eye. 

So she shrugged, a twinkle in her eye.

"A few run-ins with pirates can do that."

IC: Taurek - With the strange Turaga

The look that the Turaga was giving me rubbed me the wrong way. I listened to his ramblings, crossing my arms. Maybe the sun cooked his brain. Wouldn't have been the first time I saw that.

"My name's Taurek. I live here."

IC: Tyren- Chatting in Tesara

"Oh, I see.  I live nowhere, I guess.  Do you like it here?  What goes on here?  There's probably other places like Tesara, right?" Tyren shook his head to clear the dumb thoughts from his mind.  "Do you think someone like me could find any purpose here?  What do you do?"

ooc: I keep checking in on this thread, but not actually sitting down to write the posts I owe... I'm sorry, again, to keep both of you waiting ^^;;

IC: Kastir - Capstone Bar

Okay, that seemed fair. Coercion was off the table simply because it wouldn't yield the desired results this mission, and Kastir had no objection to that. While she knew there were some beings out there who might feel disappointed at not being able to blackmail, bully or threaten someone into taking on the role, the toothy giant wasn't one of them; to her, they were simply necessities of the business, and she could live without them just as easily as with them. Granted, it made finding volunteers a little more tricky if they had to be willing; but with the amount of money Drukann was offering? She couldn't see that being too huge of an issue.

Her ear-like appendages pricked, however, as Drukann revealed he already had an idea. Visiting the other settlements... wouldn't that be more likely to get them an overly-ambitious Matoran than anything else? Not that Kastir had anything against Matoran, she rather liked the little guys - at least, when not on a job that involved killing any of them - but they weren't really... suited for venturing into the dangerous unknown. She doubted one of them would even survive in the desert long enough to reach the arena; but she also supposed that Drukann knew what he was doing.

"Tesara..."

She had to rack her memory for a moment.

"Oh, that was the one up in those old trees, wasn't it? I've been there, but not in a long time; I've been trying my luck in a different region of the desert until recently."

IC: Tarutu - Tesara Marketplace

"You never know... I'd expect whoever sent those guys to be pretty much rolling in it; robots don't come cheap."

She lowered her voice, glancing around to make sure no-one but Paju was within hearing range.

"There's probably all sorts of valuables around their base camp, whatever it may be... swipe a few, sell them to the highest bidder, and you've got enough widgets to last you a good long while. Or you might find the remains of some other poor unfortunates who didn't make it out in the mountains, and happened to have some valuable weapons or armour on them that can be salvaged. Nothing's guaranteed, of course; but if you and I signed up with him after all--"

She jerked a finger back in the direction Tekmo had gone--

"I can probably make sure we pick up something that'll make it worth both our whiles. Trust me... it's one part of how I make a living."

Technically, she could sign herself up on her own, and didn't need to cut Paju in on the deal... but that would just be rude. All Ga-Matoran were sisters, essentially, and Tarutu didn't like double-crossing sisters; besides, Paju was the one who needed the income, and Tarutu was at least hopeful that she could find enough on such a trip to cover them both for a while. Not that she'd yet committed herself to the idea, but it was showing more and more promise, the more she thought about it.

"But if you'd rather not... well, I'm based in Atero. I can stick one of your posters up in my shop there, if that'll help."

Edited by Darth Jaller

Banner.png.3e903c5c49a30ba9503c72b2d57066b0.png

"New legends awake, but old lessons must be remembered.
For that is the way
of the BIONICLE."

"Pirates? Awful." Kathok replies laconically. 

After a pause: "I've had a few run-ins myself. Outran an black-hulled axalara off the straights of the Tempest. Peppered me full of holes, but I gave him the slip. The Great Spirits are wise: my luck has held so far." Kathok is vaguely unsure as to whether or not he's being ironic with that last part.

"Still," Kathok continues grandiosely, "the supply lines must be maintained."

Then, realising with uncharacteristic immediacy that conversation usually has at least two participants, asks: "What were yours like?" The bartender arrives with Viann's drink; Kathok thinks about ranting that it's too weak, but holds off for a moment as he waits for her reply.

Edited by silo

Kathok

IC: Vrokdann - The Aquarium [dunno... the sky?]

On all her time down there, Vrokdann was never an idle person. She'd always be doing something. If she looked still, she was doing something in her head. That, combined with her outright neglect of air travel on a society that needs it to exist, made her completely forget how long and boring air travel usually was.

Everything she could do to ease the boredom, she tried. Messing with the (stale) bed, with the (empty) drawers, with the (also empty) closet, with her (locked) weapon, with her (scrap-filled) spikes, but the one thing she tried the most, was looking out the very small window. The tried must be stressed here, because the field of view the window provided had little to show, and what little it showed was half sand, half sky.

Vrokdann was about to go out and ask exactly what she was requested to refrain from, when one final peek through the window was different: instead of blue and tan, it was blue and... some very dirty blue.

-Looks like we're there!-

"Shall we confirm?"

Then a noticeable decrease in speed answered that as well.

So Vrokdann stepped out, assuming it was her cue.

"Hey, boss! Ready for your orders!"

I'm Vrokdann in Skyrise: Ascent, and Luntep in the BZPRPG.

[sigfig in tunnel]

My profile pic's a cool little thing I made called Bettani. That thing up there's just a me inside a tunnel.

"Zyglak." Viann said simply, grinning as she finished her cola.

IC: Taurek - With the strange Turaga

Weird.

"I mean, it's pretty alright. Locals don't judge you much, especially convenient when you look like I do." He paused, trying to find a good way to word it to the Turaga.

"I'm a bounty hunter, old man. I shoot people and hope they don't die so I can drag them into my ship and turn them in for money."

Edited by Triple D

IC: Tyren- With the mercenary

"You said you're just a bounty hunter?  I don't mean, just, but... you didn't say you're a Dark Hunter.  They never tolerated much competition.  I can assume they aren't around anymore, I guess?"  Tyren was happy to be learning about this New World.  "So you're in town right now, I take it you're not actively.. er, hunting, anyone?  Or did you just get back from a bounty hunt?  I'm not delaying you from collecting your payment, am I?  If not, would you mind spending a bit more time with me?  If you're not busy, that is?  This whole New World seems so different than the one I knew.  I thought this New World was just a desert; I never thought civilization like this could exist.  I could benefit from having someone help familiarize myself with this New World.  What have the people of Tesara been doing?"

IC: Drukann - Capstone Bar

"Trees, yes, indeed. Nice place. Lackluster security though. Well... that's maybe not fair, their security isn't terrible, but compared to the rest of the wasteland they have, one: too many resources, and two: not enough fire power or man power to defend those resources. Which makes them a big juicy target for all manner of raiders and other unscrupulous parties. Which is a shame because it's either them, this dump of scrap on a cliff, or the authoritarian nightmare that is... well, I suppose was New Atero. They've said they're making reforms, but I'm not sure I buy that." Drukann scratched his chin for a moment, musing on this, before standing up and stretching his back, with a quiet groan as he cracked his neck.

"Right, anyway, I think I'm about done waiting around here for anyone to show up. What do you say, shall we get going? I hear it's Market Day at Tesara."

Zyglak? Never heard of them.

"Ah, yes. An unscrupulous people if ever I've met one. Fewer wits than weapons; fewer morals than wits." Kathok is proud of that phrase.

"So, you're just passing through then? Don't tell me you live here." Kathok gestures out the window to the grey street beyond. "I don't know what to think of the architecture."

Kathok

IC: Taurek - Tesara

"Dark hunters haven't been heard from for a while. Though, I sometimes hear rumours that the Shadowed One's trying to get the band back together, but I doubt it. That time has ended." I clarify, scratching the back of my head in thought.

Too many words. Too many questions. Did he genuinely not know any of this? Or was this a con of some kind?

I waved my hand, dismissively.

"Slow down. Give me a single question at a time, and I'll answer as best I can."

"I sleep wherever I have to, friendo. Sometimes in the ship. It's surprisingly comfy in there, you know? Gets cold sometimes, though."

Kathok feels as if he's missing some subtext. 

"I used to have a ship." he says suddenly and wistfully. "Jetrax - the best make, if you ask me. Fastest ship you've seen; sleek as a bird on the wing. The 'green zamor', people called it. Lots of people called it that. Other people just called it the...mirage." Kathok has momentarily forgotten that he's supposed to be a travelling salesman. "Pair of lance lasers, hull mounted: I could take the wings off a rama at fifty paces. Beautiful. It..."

Kathok has to think for a solid five seconds before he remembers the Sunmaker's fate. 

"...got too broken down to be usable. Too many scraps with those pirates I mentioned."

Kathok drums his pointed fingertips on the bar, back in a contemplative mood. "Now I'm stuck with a jetpack. How boring. Stuck as a solitary dot in the sky. And I can't get anywhere in a hurry, nobody wants to give me a lift." Literal use of the word lift. "Shame, really."

Edited by silo

Kathok

IC: Tyren- Tesara public

"Sorry.  It seems with every answer I just have three more questions."  Tyren began to wonder if this brute would lose his patience and end the old man's existence on a whim.  Surely not, at least, not in public.  "How long has it been since the Old World came crashing down? Did you have a hard time getting out?  Were you alone, or did you follow the other Steltans out?"  If Tyren could win this man's trust, perhaps he could help him become civilized again. 

"This whole New World seems full of mystery, and wonder, yet dangerous and unknown.  I would benefit from someone helping me integrate back into society. Maybe you could help me?  Or, more likely, maybe I could help you?  I know I don't seem like much, and I probably sound a bit looney, but I promise my mind is sound.  I've just been alone for too long to remember.  I need some time to really become involved in the world again.  I could help you.  I've never been a mercenary, but I was once a Toa.  Veteran of a hundred battles, even; do you think I'd still be alive if I hadn't won them all?"  Being the only Toa around to protect his village, Tyren learned the importance of retreating to live and fight another day, but it wouldn't be good to make himself sound like a coward to this brute.  And the fights he didn't withdraw from he did win. 

"You could still keep all your profits.  I'd just require some food and such to live off of, and a place to sleep.  I may not be as strong as you, true, but I can still hold my own in a fight.  I'll prove it: take one good swing at me.  Trust me, I'll be fine.  Maybe this'll convince you to let me tag along for the time being.  Until I can get my own thing going, at least."  Tyren's Miru may have shown a smiling expression, but beneath the mask, his face showed only stone-cold confidence and eyes filled with determination.

Edited by Azibo

IC Keeper - Tesara outskirt:

Keeper edged away from the crowd, and time passed strangely. Moments stretched far longer than normal. They thought little more of the Turaga, or his mask splinters. People did strange things in the moments before death, and Turaga were no different in those moments than anyone else. More prone to profound last words, perhaps, but no different otherwise.

IC Temujin - Tower:

After a loooooong moment, The Iron Glatorian simply shrugged, "Some fuel and maybe a good word to the in charge types would do me just fine."

GM IC: Doctor K - The Tower, New Atero.

"Well, that's boring," he grumbled, "I think? That's something that people would consider boring, isn't it?" He offered an imploring glance to the two beings before him, searching for validation.

________________________________________________________________________________________

GM IC: ??? Capstone, Cliffside.

Disheveled figures were far from an uncommon sight in Cliffside, but there was something about this particular Jungle Agori that drew a second glance. Perhaps it was the trail of bloodied footprints he left in his wake as he staggered into the bar, or the steely determination in his feverish gaze as he shuffled among the tables, clearly searching for someone, or something. 

Or, perhaps it the the grotesque way his body had been twisted and disfigured. His right arm was longer than the other, the forearm elongated and stretching like elastic, dragging along the floor on gnarled knuckles. The leg on the same side was shortened and stumpy, as if the very flesh and bone had been rent and remade by someone who had no idea what the original limb had looked like. His torso seemed permanently bent on an uncomfortable angle, bulging in places where some of his bones seemed to be far larger than they should've been.

Compared to the rest of him, his face was remarkably normal... save for the expression of utter agony that adorned his strained, emaciated features. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

The De-Skakdi eyed Kathok for the first time. Despite her attitude, she wasn't blind to Kathok's hints. He wanted a ship, and coincidentally, Viann had a perfectly working ship that was parked nearby. But, she wasn't sure whether he'd want to keep the ship for himself or not. 

She nodded, still not even touching the alcohol that was served to her. 

"Well, if you've got enough widgets, I'm willing to give you a ride. On my ship, I mean."

IC: Taurek - Still talking with the Turaga

Still with the bloody questions. I could about make out that he was asking to tag along on my missions. I almost laughed out loud at that. Humorously stereotypically, I preferred to work alone. Worrying about a partner is not something I liked to do when I'm trying to bring in murderers or thieves. Less arguments about the money split or how make the approach. I still had to do it occasionally, of course, but that was often because facing off against multiple guys on my own was a bad call rather than out of need for companionship or whatever the karz.

The Turaga, however, seemed very insistent on this. To the point where he was asking me to hit him, even. His strange grin made the request even more bizarre, almost like he knew exactly what he was doing. Maybe he did, maybe he didn't. Turaga were Toa once, I suppose.

I sighed, stretching my left arm. I wasn't gonna work with him, but I was curious as to why he was so bloody confident. 

My foot twisted as I threw a left hook at the Turaga's face, not at full force, but enough to at least hurt.

IC: Tyren- Fighting demonstration

The Steltan stared at Tyren for a moment before drawing his arm back- just what Tyren wanted.  He began summoning his powers over magnetism, and when Taurek threw his left fist towards him, Tyren concentrated his powers on the inside of the brute's arm and shoulder and back.  The Turaga felt each individual gear and bolt and scrap of metal inside Taurek's body, and with magnetism, he threw it all out of whack.  Nowhere near enough damage to seriously harm him- it'd all revert to normal the instant he broke his concentration.  But while the Steltan was throwing his strength into the punch, the inner mechanisms within the muscles used to punch all cramped together, or some pieces stretched away from each other, or others still whirled and vibrated in place.  All of this sent pain shooting from Taurek's hand clear through to his back- and Tyren saw his mock opponent's punch suffer from it. 

Tyren followed up with a strong exertion of his power over metals to polarize the magnetic fields within Taurek's legs.  Tyren made them attracted to each other, somewhat throwing off the large warrior's balance.  All in all, Tyren had completely shifted the weight and force of his opponent, resulting in a small change in the punch's trajectory, but that small change was all the Turaga needed.  A simple half step back and to the side would ensure the blow would miss its mark, and hopefully Taurek was impressed enough with the subtlety of the counter attack that Tyren could be seriously considered as a temporary tag-along.

OOC: working with Triple D behind the scenes so no worries about controlling other people's characters

Edited by Azibo

Kathok raises his eyebrow and turns to face her fully.

But although he's confident of his immense charisma and charm, he's surprised by how easy that was. However, now he's stuck: he didn't actually have a location in mind, and can't even logically identify why he wants to go somewhere else, in the knowledge that the new somewhere will induce exactly the same feeling of hollow restlessness. As soon as he begins to think on the subject, a part of his brain automatically skates away from it, subconsciously dreading its existential implications.

"Which way are you going?" he asks, trying to appear idle.

Kathok

Well, it would be rude to interrupt. She paused, subtly listening to see if she could catch anything from the conversation. In order to ensure she would not interrupt it, obviously.

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

That was the question. Whilst her talents weren't particularly needed in New Atero, she was still with their military, technically. However, a quick break wouldn't hurt.

"I'll throw that question back at you, Spiky."

IC: Taurek - Arm messed up

Something went wrong when I threw the punch. My arm quickly flooded with stabbing pain, like it was falling apart from the inside. And, as the punch went to connect, my footing went off. I nearly tripped, and the punch fell away, hitting nothing but Tesara's air. I looked to him, clutching my hand in pain. That hurt.

Did I misthrow? Or was that the ace in his hole?

• 2 months later...

IC Temujin - Tower:

The Iron Glatorian shrugged his wide shoulders apologetically, "Boring, perhaps... I suppose I could ask for some.... Experimental weapon or something but to be honest, I'm not sure I'd ever find a use for it! I consider myself something of a pugilist, after all." He spread his arms slightly as if to show his natural 'weapons'.

3 minutes ago, The UltimoScorp said:

IC Temujin - Tower:

The Iron Glatorian shrugged his wide shoulders apologetically, "Boring, perhaps... I suppose I could ask for some.... Experimental weapon or something but to be honest, I'm not sure I'd ever find a use for it! I consider myself something of a pugilist, after all." He spread his arms slightly as if to show his natural 'weapons'.

IC: Porangi - The Tower, New Atero

Porangi stared at the Iron Glatorian, incredulous at the words he had just uttered. "Oi oi, what's this you're talking about? Pugilist? You fight with your fists? Are you crazy?! What if someone comes at you with a sword?! Or a launcher??? What are you gonna do, punch the projectile???"

On 6/17/2019 at 8:30 AM, ZippyWharrgarbl said:

IC: Matilda - Tesara Outskirts, Corpse Party

"I... guess," Matilda said uncertainly. "Weird, though..."

Something seemed off about this.

IC: Garuda - Tesara Outskirts

Still clinging to her sister's legs, Garuda looked up with wide eyes. "Tilly... can we just go home now?"

On 5/19/2019 at 4:48 PM, Nato the Traveler said:

GM IC: Silvana - Tesara Guardhouse.

"Let's just say I've done some jobs for Xaril of Fe in the past. I imagine this attack is just him trying to tie up loose ends." 

IC: Mirror - Tesara Guardhouse (Silvana's Interrogation Room)

"Fe is gone," he asserted, though with less certainty than he had intended.

On 5/1/2019 at 1:06 PM, Click said:

IC: Eoron - New Atero

A wise call on Tuma's side. It was the only hope of "justice" the traitor was going to receive.

Now... about that aircraft. Eoron turned and started on his way back to the Parking District.

IC: Eoron - New Atero (Parking District)

Between Tesara's hullabaloo and New Atero's aerial displays of strength, the Parking District was the emptiest Eoron had ever seen. Still, there were a few Jetraxes (their shape was distinctive enough to tell even at that distance), and he couldn't expect one to simply advertise "Just Returned from A Strange Course!" Even in New Atero, landing records were difficult to keep. Determined to stay his course however, Eoron decided to approach the sector's guard detail. "Gentlemen..." he offered softly, yet firmly.

On 4/26/2019 at 10:11 AM, K I N G said:

--IC: Bacchus: New Atero--

"Rob you?"  Bacchus was scandalized by the question.  "Why, of course not!  Why would I ever consider doing such a thing against a fascinating creature like yourself?  Or anyone, for that matter?"  Some might interpret his reply as flirting, but however one interpreted it, it was a genuine compliment: she really did fascinate him.  "No ma'am, I'm just trying to get more involved in the community, you know?"  That was true, if meddling in affairs trying to solve mysteries counted as helping.

OOC: An old post even before the forums went down, I did have Kaenis walking away, but I'm giving you one more chance to stop her before she's gone for good.

IC: Kaenis - New Atero (Message Board)

Perhaps finally picking up on her cues, perhaps just staring (they always did), the Agori had gone silent, and Kaenis was taking the opportunity to struggle her way back toward her ship with her groceries. What was he after anyway?

IC: Tamaya - Airspace on route toTesara

There's no place like home was the main thought on the le-matoran's mind as she put her jetpack to the highest speed it was capable of, eager to show off her newfound treasures to everyone. As much as she loved exploring it was nice to just take a break in between it all and sort through her goods, see if anything was of worth to barter. As she gets closer though, she gets the feeling something isn't quite right and slows down to make her decent and land.

OOC: Tamaya is open for interaction.

On 6/26/2019 at 11:37 PM, ZippyWharrgarbl said:

Well, it would be rude to interrupt. She paused, subtly listening to see if she could catch anything from the conversation. In order to ensure she would not interrupt it, obviously.

GM IC: Coyle/Hakkzan - The Tower, New Atero (Upstairs)

"...can't sustain this kind of political tension!" Hakkzan was saying, "Something needs to be done!"

"We tried 'something', and it's only hurt our cause," Coyle countered, "I think we need to negotiate."

"There's no negotiating with terrorists! We don't even know who we're negotiating with."

"Then we talk to Tuma. Cordially, this time."

"Don't take that tone with me! This was your idea!" 

"It was, and I regret that."

"It's a little late for regrets."

On 9/14/2019 at 6:56 AM, The UltimoScorp said:

IC Temujin - Tower:

GM IC: Doctor K - The Tower, New Atero (Foyer)

"I have just the thing for you!" The Kestora chittered, reaching under the desk and pulling out a metal tray filled with half-finished equipment and gadgetry, "It's not a weapon, per se, but it's certainly experimental, and would be well-suited to your... unique physiology." 

He picked up something that looked unsettlingly like an emaciated severed head, with a battery pack shoved into the skull cavity, and offered it to Temujin. A noble Kanohi Kiril was attached to the disturbing device, perhaps offering some indication as to its intended function.

21 hours ago, Click said:

"Fe is gone," he asserted, though with less certainty than he had intended.

GM IC: Silvana - Tesara Guardhouse.

"Oh, don't be naive," she sneered, "The city is gone, but plenty of loyalists made it out, beings who have never resurfaced in any of the known settlements. You think they just flew away to start a new, peaceful society somewhere else?" 

21 hours ago, Click said:

Determined to stay his course however, Eoron decided to approach the sector's guard detail. "Gentlemen..." he offered softly, yet firmly.

GM IC: Guards - New Atero, Parking District

"Sir," the guards saluted in unison, before one of them asked, "How can we assist?" 

IC Temujin - Tower:

"Punch the....? Goodness no!" He said, erupting into laughter that booked through the atrium. "I've had the good sense to only try that once and well, look what that got me!" He held up his mechanical arm. "No, I haven't lived....by Stone and metal it's been so long I can't remember how many years... But in any case." 

He picked up the disembodied head, showing no sign of disgust or perturbedness, and turned it over a few times in his hands, trying to ascertain exactly what it was intended to do. 

"Well aside from the... Mask here and the wires and such I can't say I have any particular idea what this is for. Mmm, unless you're 'experiment' has do do with removing it from this poor fellow and putting that mechanical mess on me?"

"But this attack... it wasn't the work of a desperate band of refugees. It was premeditated. They had resources."

He nodded, then got straight to business: "A ship was seen arriving here from the north. I hope you didn't allow a grave robber past you without a proper search."