Skyrise: Ascent - IC Topic

Nato G

IC: Taturu - Tesara Marketplace

"You got it."

And that, it sounded like... was that arranged. Not bothering to watch further as Paju headed out of sight, Tarutu instead turned to scan around for the direction in which the recruiting guard had gone. A part of her, she had to privately confess, wasn't particularly thrilled with the thought of crawling back to him after she'd effectively told him where he could stuff his offer of working for free; but at the same time? She'd never let her own feelings interfere with business. Blowing out a short breath, adjusting the fabric strip around her chest so that it just looked decorative and not as if it was hiding a tiny crack in her armour, she ventured in the direction she'd last seen Tekmo heading, towards the local guardhouse.

No point going inside... he'd be heading out again any moment now, right?

IC: Kastir - Capstone Bar

"Right, right..."

She idly ticked the details off on her clawed fingers as Drukann mentioned them, committing them away to memory. The settlement sounded, perhaps, a good place to visit when she was bored and not specifically looking for a job; somewhere to hang around, meet some more of the little guys, spend some of her earnings once she had some... maybe beat off a few raiding parties or two, for fun. That sounded like a riot of a time, honestly.

Watching her companion - and, currently, employer - stand, Kastir followed his lead. She flexed her shoulder muscles just a little, subtly stretching them after the way they'd been hunched, but otherwise made no big show; she was simply ready to head out at a single moment's notice.

"Sounds like a plan. You have your own ship?"

Of course he did; everyone on this dust-ball had a ship, just as long as they could afford it... and with the amount of money he was offering for this job, Drukann certainly wasn't strapped for cash at present.

"I'll meet you--"

She trailed off mid-sentence, her gaze wandering to the peculiar sight of the newest occupant of the bar. A bent and broken Agori had entered while she and the skakdi had been talking; one who, for that matter, seemed to be acting incredibly weirdly. Tooth-filled maw opened for a moment, the giant looking as though she wanted to say something; no words, however, seemed to find their way out for a moment, as she simply watched the damaged being staggering from one table to another. Finally, after long moments of silence, she rediscovered her tongue.

"Uh... a friend of yours?" she asked Drukann tentatively.

Banner.png.3e903c5c49a30ba9503c72b2d57066b0.png

"New legends awake, but old lessons must be remembered.
For that is the way
of the BIONICLE."

IC: Porangi - The Tower, New Atero

Porangi stroked his chin thoughtfully, looking at the strange disembodied head with curiosity, before perking up and turning to Doctor K. "Oh, that reminds me! About that arm..."

IC: Drukann - Capstone, Cliffside

Drukann cocked his head toward whatever Kastir was talking about, and in that moment, his expression turned grim. "No, and I don't intend to stick around and get acquainted. Lets get out of here."

Drukann turned and began shuffling away, doing his best to take a route that kept him far away as possible from that... thing that was shambling inside the Capstone bar. He was no stranger going wounded to the bar after a painful mission, but with the state this... thing was in, surely a visit to any kind of medic would be a bigger priority than alcohol and average at best company. Only he had a bad feeling neither of those were strictly what it had come here for anyway.

IC: Tyren- Tesara Street Skirmish

"Was that good enough for ya?"  Tyren hopped as high as his weathered knees would let him.  "Just one job.  If mercenaries like yourself are common enough around these parts, then surely we could go somewhere, talk to someone, overhear a conversation- SOMETHING! There's got to be one good job out there for us.  You keep the profits, so long as you keep me fed and allow me a spot to sleep.  What do you have to lose?"  Tryen extended his hand forward, hopefully shaking in agreement with the large bruiser.

In a world where heroes and villains battle for the fate of the universe‚ some people have normal lives and work normal jobs... Zimixes

On 9/15/2019 at 11:32 AM, Click said:

IC: Mirror - Tesara Guardhouse (Silvana's Interrogation Room)

"But this attack... it wasn't the work of a desperate band of refugees. It was premeditated. They had resources."

GM IC: Silvana - Tesara Guardhouse.

"Indeed they did," Silvana sat back on the bench, folding her arms across her chest, "And if they were bold enough to attack Tesara at the height of market day with only a handful of units... well, that tells me they're confident, or desperate, or both... which is why I'm perfectly happy to play prisoner if it keeps me out of their reach." 

On 9/15/2019 at 11:32 AM, Click said:

IC: Eoron - New Atero (Parking District)

He nodded, then got straight to business: "A ship was seen arriving here from the north. I hope you didn't allow a grave robber past you without a proper search."

GM IC: Guards - New Atero, Parking District.

"We get a lot of ships coming in from the North. Can you be more specific? What kind of ship, when did it arrive?"

On 9/15/2019 at 10:37 AM, The UltimoScorp said:

IC Temujin - Tower:

"Well aside from the... Mask here and the wires and such I can't say I have any particular idea what this is for. Mmm, unless you're 'experiment' has do do with removing it from this poor fellow and putting that mechanical mess on me?"

GM IC: Doctor K - The Tower, Foyer.

"Oh no, I've already tried that!" Realising that his tone was perhaps a little too boisterous, the Kestora inverted his unforced smile into a very forced grimace. "It didn't work. What you're holding there is my attempt to give beings who can't use Kanohi the ability to do so. They wanted me to mass-produce them for military usage, but once I told them how many donors I needed... well, the project didn't make it past the prototype phase."

He pointed a crooked finger towards a switch on the back of a macabre contraption. "If you flick that switch there, the mask will activate. It functions the same way it would if you were a Turaga wearing it on your face - point it at what you want to fix, and it should slowly repair it. Like any other powered device, it doesn't function on an aircraft in-flight, so no midair repairs, unfortunately. But it should be of benefit to a being with your... unique physiology."  

17 hours ago, Onaku said:

"Oh, that reminds me! About that arm..."

"And speaking of unique, I'm very excited to embark on this... project, together. Once we're done here, we can proceed directly to my workshop." 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Armani - The Tower, New Atero (Upstairs)

Terrorists...? Armani frowned slightly. They weren't referring to Tuma, she was sure. They clearly knew who Tuma was, for a start. She paused a moment longer, and then politely knocked on the door in Coyle and Hakkzan's lull in conversation.

Riots, spies, terrorism... Things were very wrong in her city.

~

IC: Matilda - Corpse Party

She gave Garuda a gentle pat on the head, before saying to the Guard, "I should really get her home. If you need anything else, I can-"

Matilda was interrupted by Tamaya, calling from her ship. She turned, awkwardly explaining, "This is, uh, a crime scene, I guess?"

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

"Fantastic! I'm looking forward to what will no doubt be a fascinating and rewarding experience yielding in the return of my lost arm for little to no physical or psychological cost!" Porangi gave an enthusiastic thumbs up with his only hand.

IC: Hadraeka - Silvana Interrogation, Tesaran Guardhouse

Silently, Hadraeka observed the interrogation from the dark room behind the mirror, taking mental note of everything that was being said.

IC: Tekmo (Tesara Marketplace)

Leading Tacitus and Akkitu out of the Guardhouse, Tekmo met a familiar face mask entity.

“Oh. Good afternoon. Can I help you?” Tekmo found it best to use politeness when dealing with those he couldn’t get away with insulting, i.e. Tarutu.

IC: Waveahk (The Aquarium, Aqua Magna)

Waveahk sat in his chair, accompanied by several empty moist glasses. “Maybe it was just - oh, there you are.” He swiveled it around to face Vrokdann, accidentally putting too much force into it and had to stop it himself with his arm before he did a full one-eighty.

“Yes, we are here. Ordinarily, I’d take us further out to sea, but the deeper the water, the larger the leviathan. This is your first day, so we’ll take it easy for now.” This was a lie.

“Take the wheel, if you would. I have to dump the bait to attract them - and I have to do it myself because… because the bait smells terrible. I don’t wish that upon anyone.” This was a lie. About the bait part, not the smell part.

“Oh, and keep an eye on the shore. Let me know if you see anything out of the ordinary. You can never be too careful out here.” This was not a lie.

“Any questions that aren’t anything to do with your job insurance because you have none?”

Edited by Toru Nui
  • Like 1

IC: Garuda - Tesara Outskirts

Garuda turned her head to look at the new arrival curiously. Better than looking... well, past Tilly.

IC: Mirror - Tesara Guardhouse (Silvana Interrogation Room)

Mirror sat back and took a deep breath. This interrogation stuff wasn't his usual fare, but he had to get more than suspicions to bring back to the Captain.

Leaning forward again, he asked, "And do you have any proof?"

IC: Eoron - New Atero Parking District

"Jetrax, by the looks of it. And I mean from the north. Not northeast or northwest. Fe country." He impatiently awaited the response with a burning scowl. Surely this matter should be taken more seriously, if not by his rank alone.

On 9/16/2019 at 9:29 PM, ZippyWharrgarbl said:

IC: Armani - The Tower, New Atero (Upstairs)

Terrorists...? Armani frowned slightly. They weren't referring to Tuma, she was sure. They clearly knew who Tuma was, for a start. She paused a moment longer, and then politely knocked on the door in Coyle and Hakkzan's lull in conversation.

Riots, spies, terrorism... Things were very wrong in her city.

GM IC: Coyle/Hakkzan - The Tower, Upstairs.

"Ah, Armani," Hakkzan tried to return to his usual amicable tone, but couldn't quite manage it, "Do you have something to report?"

Coyle remained silent, impatience etched in his features. 

On 9/16/2019 at 9:45 PM, Onaku said:

"Fantastic! I'm looking forward to what will no doubt be a fascinating and rewarding experience yielding in the return of my lost arm for little to no physical or psychological cost!" Porangi gave an enthusiastic thumbs up with his only hand.

GM IC: Doctor K - The Tower, Downstairs.

The Kestora made a noise that could be liberally interpreted to be a laugh. 

19 hours ago, Toa Niretta said:

IC: Tamaya - Tesara Outskirts

"Crime scene huh..?"

She walks over to get a better look.

"That....doesn't look natural."

GM IC: Guards - Tesara Outskirts.

"Violent deaths usually aren't." 

7 hours ago, Click said:

"Jetrax, by the looks of it. And I mean from the north. Not northeast or northwest. Fe country." He impatiently awaited the response with a burning scowl. Surely this matter should be taken more seriously, if not by his rank alone.

GM IC: Guards - New Atero, Parking District. 

"Uh..." the lead guard cleared his throat, glanced at his companions, then grimaced, "...we haven't really been paying attention." He pointed up towards where the Indomitable and the other aircraft still dominated the skyline, "We've been enjoying the show."

7 hours ago, Click said:

Mirror sat back and took a deep breath. This interrogation stuff wasn't his usual fare, but he had to get more than suspicions to bring back to the Captain.

Leaning forward again, he asked, "And do you have any proof?"

"Proof?" She blinked, "The robots shooting up your marketplace weren't evidence enough for you?"

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Tarutu - Outside Tesara guardhouse

"I..."

She shuffled her feet, her attitude a contriteness that was at least partially sincere... enough so, at least, that she wasn't at all used to it. More than anything, Tarutu had become accustomed to being her own boss, not answering to anyone and not apologising for her often sharp tongue; the experience, therefore, was new and uncomfortable.

"...may have been a bit hasty earlier. If you're still recruiting, Paju and I are interested after all."

Was he still recruiting? He already had at his back the Ko-Matoran from earlier, and a Skrall warrior who looked like he slept with knives; but Tarutu could only figure that, on this kind of mission, strength in numbers could be no bad thing. If it meant she and Paju would have a slightly harder time of slipping away any plunder they found without it being noticed, well... she'd cross that bridge when she came to it.

"We... talked it over," she added lamely, not sure what other explanation she could give for her abrupt change of mind; not that the Agori would actually believe, at least.

"Mm."

For another long moment, Kastir couldn't tear her eyes away from the twisted horror of a being. A part of her - the part that she shut down when she was in the middle of a job, the part that believed in standing up for the little guy when she could - felt like she should do something, should offer the shambling Agori her help; but two things stopped her. The first, she didn't want to lose the job Drukann had for her, and he clearly had no interest in a charity case... and the second, the broken being honestly looked like he(?) was beyond any help she could offer, anyway. Beyond possibly scaring him the rest of the way to death if he found her toothy visage too close to his face.

"You're right, you're right."

She followed her new employer's lead, carefully picking her way between the tables and making for the exit. Her Huntress' Pride was parked only a short walk from the bar; assuming nothing delayed them, it would take her a matter of minutes at most to reach it and be airborne.

"Meet you in Tesara, then?"

Banner.png.3e903c5c49a30ba9503c72b2d57066b0.png

"New legends awake, but old lessons must be remembered.
For that is the way
of the BIONICLE."

On 9/15/2019 at 9:10 PM, Azibo said:

IC: Tyren- Tesara Street Skirmish

"Was that good enough for ya?"  Tyren hopped as high as his weathered knees would let him.  "Just one job.  If mercenaries like yourself are common enough around these parts, then surely we could go somewhere, talk to someone, overhear a conversation- SOMETHING! There's got to be one good job out there for us.  You keep the profits, so long as you keep me fed and allow me a spot to sleep.  What do you have to lose?"  Tryen extended his hand forward, hopefully shaking in agreement with the large bruiser.

IC: Taurek - Talking with the Turaga

That threw me off, I must admit. But it certainly wasn't enough for a full on fight. 

I scratched my chin with my unharmed hand, thinking. He wasn't wrong. There was plenty of stakeouts and busy work that would be pretty easy for beginners, but I never usually took them on because the pay was abysmal. He seemed pretty eager, too, so it'd likely get rid of most of the headaches of arguing about pay and method. 

Maybe it was time to do something different. My life was getting pretty stagnant, in honesty. The satisfaction of doing my job right was starting not to be enough. Maybe that's why I felt so tired all the karz darned time. That skirmish with the bots was about the most excitement I'd had in maybe a few months. Maybe I was getting old, I dunno. 

After a few idle moments, I shrugged at the geezer. Why not, I guess.

Matilda shifted awkwardly from one foot to the other, stroking Garuda's hair. "Um, look. My sister's pretty young, I should take her home. Do you need anything else from us before we go?"

~

IC: Armani - The Tower, Upstairs

Armani saluted. "I was told you were expecting me, Your Spikiness. I did wish to speak with you about recent events, if this is incorrect."

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

"That's proof of what? Could be some robotics wiz with some new toys for all we know. If I'm to go back to the Captain and tell her Fe's back and has it out for us, I need more than your hunch."

Eoron ground his teeth. "You two will be cleaning every berth from top to bottom, and you'll stay there till you drop dead if I have anything to do with it," he snapped, before wandering off to conduct his own investigation. Useless drivel.

13 hours ago, ZippyWharrgarbl said:

Armani saluted. "I was told you were expecting me, Your Spikiness. I did wish to speak with you about recent events, if this is incorrect."

GM IC: Hakkzan - The Tower, Upstairs

"Right, yes," he nodded distractedly, gesturing to an empty chair, "Make yourself comfortable."

12 hours ago, Click said:

"That's proof of what? Could be some robotics wiz with some new toys for all we know. If I'm to go back to the Captain and tell her Fe's back and has it out for us, I need more than your hunch."

"This isn't about you, it's about loose ends. You just got in the way," Silvana sneered.

13 hours ago, Toa Niretta said:

"Must have made someone pretty mad." She comments quietly to herself. She then pipes up,

"Can I help in any way?"

13 hours ago, ZippyWharrgarbl said:

Matilda shifted awkwardly from one foot to the other, stroking Garuda's hair. "Um, look. My sister's pretty young, I should take her home. Do you need anything else from us before we go?"

"No," a guard replied to Tamaya, "This is an active crime scene. You should get out of here, citizen."

"Your... sister?" Another guard frowned at Matilda, "I'm no biologist... but that doesn't seem right."

Another guard pushed him away, glowering disapprovingly, "We don't need anything more. You're free to go." 

16 hours ago, Darth Jaller said:

She followed her new employer's lead, carefully picking her way between the tables and making for the exit. Her Huntress' Pride was parked only a short walk from the bar; assuming nothing delayed them, it would take her a matter of minutes at most to reach it and be airborne.

"Meet you in Tesara, then?"

GM IC: Blackbristle/??? - Capstone Bar.

Cliffside's resident pirate king had finally taken notice of the new arrival, and moved past Kastir and Drukann to approach the deformed Agori.

"Greetings, matey, you aint lookin' so good," he reached out to tap the frantic being's shoulder.

At the first touch of his fingertips, the Agori whipped around like snapped elastic, his unnaturally elongated arm battered the Vo-Skakdi into a table with strength far belaying what his body should've been capable of. "Where is she?" A feverish fire burned in the Agori's pained eyes, "WHERE IS SHE?"

Matilda sighed, and then addressed the not-a-biologist guard. "We're not sisters by blood. We... adopted each other, I guess."

To the other guard, she said, "Thanks. If you need anything else, I'm sure you'll be able to find me around."

She started carrying Garuda off, nodding to the newcomer before giving Garuda another reassuring pat. "Great job, Rudy. You were so brave. Let's go get you that pie, huh?"

~

IC: Armani - Awkward Tower

Armani took the offered seat, the chair creaking a little under her weight. She said, "Would you like to go first, Your Spikiness? Or would you rather I do?"

"Big mistake!" Drukann took out his knuckle irons and set them on fire, taking on a combatitive pose against the stranger. "By Irnnakk's Gaze, I don't know who you're looking for, but you'd best be on your way right now before we turn that freakish arm of yours into a rope to throttle you with!"

On 9/13/2019 at 8:37 PM, Click said:

OOC: An old post even before the forums went down, I did have Kaenis walking away, but I'm giving you one more chance to stop her before she's gone for good.

IC: Kaenis - New Atero (Message Board)

Perhaps finally picking up on her cues, perhaps just staring (they always did), the Agori had gone silent, and Kaenis was taking the opportunity to struggle her way back toward her ship with her groceries. What was he after anyway?

--OOC:--

Thank you.

--IC: Bacchus: New Atero--

The pair had lapsed into silence as they trudged on.  Behind the stack of goods he was carrying for the creature, Bacchus frowned.  He could see that the creature he was helping seemed uncomfortable.  Was it something he had said?  Was it the "fascinating specimen" comment?  Bacchus did tend to talk before he thought, and as such, his filter was rather poor.  But he'd be Pit-bound if he was going to let an opportunity to be friends with such a fascinating specimen slip through his digits.

He decided to break the silence with something simple.  "Name's Bacchus," he said to the creature, realizing that they had never done a proper introduction.  "What, uh... what's yours?"

IC Keeper - Tesara Outskirt:

More and more people arriving, and all the activity made Keeper's head buzz and swirl.

They chewed on the moment and the creature in their mandibles before speaking up, "Guard, the maszzk that one wore, it iszz one that can produczze a zzstrong repulszzive forczze. To be killed zzsuch aszz thiszz..... Would take conszziderablr zzstrength or zzspeed."

Had they said these words already? They weren't sure. Lately things had become blurred together.

Garuda nodded wearily, still staring at the Le-Matoran who just arrived. "Pie sounds good..."

"Then, no offense, but why should we keep you around?" Mirror asked. "My city is my priority, and if I have to risk the life of a bounty hunter to keep them safe, I will."

It seemed if he was to have something to report, the grunt work was up to him. Eoron started wandering between vehicles, noting each of the Jetraxes, looking for... something. Some sign of the incriminating vehicle and its owner.

IC: Kaenis - New Atero Notice Board

"Kaenis," she replied curtly, not seeing any harm in it.

OOC: Welcome back, good to see ya :)

IC Temujin - Tower:

He raised his eyebrows appreciatively, "Well, that does sound useful, if a smidge macabre. I'll be sure to use it in good health! And I suppose I'll also be on my way, good luck to the both of you!" He gathered up the items he was allowed to take and packed them neatly away, then left the tower with at a cheery jaunt.

IC Orange Bandit - New Atero Landing area:

Among the many landed craft one stood out from the rest with it's bright orange and burnished copper color. The Orange Bandit was easy to spot, intentionally so. 

On 4/30/2019 at 10:07 PM, Smudge8 said:

IC: Kane-Oma-Chasing Vista Baby

The Mukau's steep dive allowed it do dodge most of the blasts. One of them barely impacted on the engines and Kane-Oma had to wrestle with the controls to stay on course. He yanked the controls up again, and added more speed, attempting to ram the bottom of Vista Baby.

--IC: Hestala: The Skies, somewhere between Cliffside and Tesara--

As the owner of the Rockoh angled the nose of his craft upward, he gradually slipped further and further from Hestala's field of sight... until he vanished completely.  Try as she might to strain her neck to catch a glimpse of him, the Vortixx woman couldn't see.  She started wishing that she had invested in targeting computers for her Skyblasters, or a full dome cockpit that showed what was under her, too.  Her shoulders tensed, her grip on her targeting control tightened, her thumb twitched nervously.

And then a thud, followed by a lurch.

"Oh!" exclaimed Hestala in a mix of anger, fear, and confusion.  It was a miracle that she hadn't accidentally hit the "fire" button.  The majority of the impact had come from almost directly underneath her seat, not far enough to affect the Skyblasters under the nose.  But it was obvious what had happened.  The rival pilot had rammed the underside of her Vista Baby.  Her precious Vista Baby, which had just gotten a wax job!  And now it was ruined!  The Vortixx ripped her aviators off her nose and beetled her brows; it was time to stop playing around.

In the span of time close after the impact, she jiggled the targeting control.  A whir sounded as the Skyblasters turned around, hopefully pointed right at the opposing Rockoh.  She thumbed the "fire" button furiously, sending out most of the rest of the loaded ammo; the Skyblasters that had been empty clacked loudly as reserve ammo slid into place.  Hopefully the barrage would incapacitate the ship, if any of it hit.  (She resolved to get those targeting computers and that full dome cockpit once she got to Tesara.)

-   -   -

4 hours ago, Click said:

IC: Kaenis - New Atero Notice Board

"Kaenis," she replied curtly, not seeing any harm in it.

"Kaenis," Bacchus mused quietly.  It was a good name, he thought, though he thought that about most names.

"Well, Kaenis," he ventured, "you seem like the kinda person who's been around, gone places, done some stuff, seen some things.  Maybe some of that stuff and those things would be helpful for an investigation or two I'm running?  Begging your permission, of course."  He didn't usually add that last part to his requests for information, but he didn't want to risk offending his potential new chum irreparably.

IC: Matilda - Heading to Ships

Matilda smiled a little, heading for where they'd parked their vehicles. On the way, she growled to any remaining Zesk to scatter; there would be no food found here right now.

"Can you drive? Or do you want to get a ride with me? I can get someone to tow your ship back up later."

21 hours ago, ZippyWharrgarbl said:

IC: Armani - Awkward Tower

Armani took the offered seat, the chair creaking a little under her weight. She said, "Would you like to go first, Your Spikiness? Or would you rather I do?"

GM IC: Hakkzan/Coyle - The Tower, Upstairs.

"Go ahead," he sat down in another of the chairs, glancing briefly at Coyle, who stood impassively off to one side. 

13 hours ago, The UltimoScorp said:

IC Keeper - Tesara Outskirt:

"Guard, the maszzk that one wore, it iszz one that can produczze a zzstrong repulszzive forczze. To be killed zzsuch aszz thiszz..... Would take conszziderablr zzstrength or zzspeed."

"You're not wrong..." a guard replied, appearing somewhat surprised to discover that Keeper was capable of semi-coherent speech, "...but this guy was a Turaga. There's plenty of beings who could've been stronger or faster than him."

10 hours ago, Toa Niretta said:

Tamaya watches the sisters leave then turns her attention back to the guards, crossing her arms.

"Don't you 'citizen' me, tough guy....I'm just as capable as any of you."

"You didn't introduce yourself, so what would you rather we call you?" The guard retorted, his tone disinterested.

13 hours ago, Click said:

"Then, no offense, but why should we keep you around?" Mirror asked. "My city is my priority, and if I have to risk the life of a bounty hunter to keep them safe, I will."

"Uh... something something 'all lives matter'?" She offered, shrugging, "You don't strike me as the sort to accept bribes, so all I can do is ask nicely." 

10 hours ago, Onaku said:

Porangi waved goodbye to Temujin enthusiastically as he left. Then, the moment the doors closed behind the pugilist Glatorian, the Zyglak's head whipped around to face Doctor K once more. "So then Doc, shall we get to it?"

GM IC: Doctor K - The Tower, Downstairs.

The Kestora waved farewell to Temujin, then fixed his optical receptors on Porangi, his expression bordering on predatory glee, "I've been told I have a legal obligation to ask: are you sure you want this?" 

20 hours ago, Onaku said:

"Big mistake!" Drukann took out his knuckle irons and set them on fire, taking on a combatitive pose against the stranger. "By Irnnakk's Gaze, I don't know who you're looking for, but you'd best be on your way right now before we turn that freakish arm of yours into a rope to throttle you with!"

GM IC: ??? - Capstone Bar, Cliffside. 

The tormented Agori hissed at Drukann, then turned away, resume his frantic, fruitless search. 

Many of the patrons of the bar had drawn their weapons, but none moved to use them yet. They seemed to be waiting to see what would happen next. 

One last chance. One last opportunity to process the multitude of red flags and turn back. To walk away unscathed.

Unfortunately, Porangi wasn't the kind of Zyglak to take the safe, sensible option, or to recognise danger when he saw it. And so, with but one word...

"Absolutely!"

... Poangi dove headfirst off the cliff.

GM IC: Doctor K - The Tower, Foyer.

"Then follow me," the creature made a beckoning motion with his hand, and began moving towards the basement door. 

Armani was no fool. She was aware her situation required tact, and understanding. She had known Hakkzan long enough to understand he was not the sort to do these sorts of things lightly. There had to be a reason, something more than hearsay. And, his talk with Coyle... something was going on.

"I believe you to be a good person, Your Spikiness," she began. "I know you and the Commander would never condone such actions if the situation weren't dire. But, Tuma or not, those Skrall are your people. And I worry that this has shown not only them, but the rest of the citizens of New Atero, the act without the dire situation behind it. Others may fear the same happening to them. Others still may find this to unearth long buried notions of the trustworthiness of Skrall."

She looked him in the eyes, not stern, not angry, but understanding.

"I am loyal to you and to New Atero, Your Spikiness. You know this. And you must know that if something is threatening our city, something that would drive you and the Commander to take such extreme lengths, I want to be informed, so I can better protect our people. I do not doubt the Commander's credibility, nor that of his informants. But were the words of the informants the sole reason for these actions being taken?"

IC: Vrokdann - The Aquarium [Aqua Magna]

Well, there were her orders!

-Ask him about the bait! What it's made of!-

"Uhh... fine! I'll do that!" she said, not sure who she was replying to, maybe both. The tall blue figure gave her a chance to ask, and from the looks of it she'd turned it down. So he would leave.

"Wait!" she cried awkwardly.

-It was just a joke, girl, don't do that.-

"How do I call you? If something's wrong? You're gonna be way down there, do I just yell, like hey boss there's uh, a giant mutant bug aahh what do we do? Just like that?"

I'm Vrokdann in Skyrise: Ascent, and Luntep in the BZPRPG.

[sigfig in tunnel]

My profile pic's a cool little thing I made called Bettani. That thing up there's just a me inside a tunnel.

IC: Waveahk (The Aquarium, Aqua Magna)

"I'm sure your voice will be loud enough to reach me... or if you're feeling professional, that big yellow button is the intercom. Just don't bother me unless its important, is all I ask." And with that, Waveahk made his leave, stopping to grab another bottle of water from the cabinet.

• Like 1

She thought about it for a moment, looking back to Tilly and then her ship. "...I'll be fine," she said as she wriggled out of Tilly's arms to scamper over to the Sand Bat.

"And how many more innocents are you expecting to die for you?" Mirror replied, his voice getting a little raised. Then he sighed again and pushed back from the table to leave. As he stood, he explained, "I'm going to leave this to the Captain. For your sake, I hope she's in a charitable mood."

Of course, there was one Jetrax there that drew his attention beyond the rest strictly for its stark exterior. But beyond that, there wasn't anything that hinted it was the ship of scrap dealers or bounty hunters.

On the other hand, as Eoron moved toward the edges of the District where those with more... illicit business tended to set up, he did find a covertly parked Rockoh... if it could even be called that. The craft seemed to barely be holding itself together, and on closer inspection through gaps in the hull, seemed to have recently held something leaking fluids. A down-on-their-luck hunter recently returned with a bounty to save their sorry hide? Perhaps. Eoron would find out.

IC: Kaenis - New Atero

She slowed, curious. "...you could say that."

--IC: Bacchus: New Atero--

The Rock Agori's ears- or rough equivalent thereof- perked up as his question was met with something that certainly didn't sound like a refusal.  His excitement getting the better of him, he hastily set down the stack of goods, wincing as it toppled over gently and hoping that there wasn't anything fragile in there.  He fished around for his notebook, grateful that he hadn't left it back at the Horse with No Name, and showed its most recent contents to Kaenis: the recorded missives, and the warrants for Varim and Barlow.

"Three things I'm interested in hunting down," said Bacchus, mistakenly holding up four fingers at first before correcting himself.  "I'm looking for information regarding these two missives, and these two missing persons.  If you know anything about the Beacon and the Arena and the puzzle, or the Aqua Magna diving bell, or the locations of one Varim and one Barlow, it'd be mighty helpful.  Anything at all, even the most superficial info.  Heck, even if you recognize this handwriting, that'd be swell."

Edited by Ironfist