1 hour ago, Sir Kohran said:

If Lego still own Bionicle, wouldn't it have to be official with Lego to be anything to do with Bionicle?

Unless it's just his own art and nothing on a major commercial scale.

I was thinking it was just a side project, since his main commercial thing seems to be Rebel Nature and this is a weird way to hype that up if so. Not gonna rule out other possibilities, but it'd just be bizarre and IMO it's not too likely.

Rule #1: Always listen to Kek.

Rule #2: If you break rule #1, kindly don't.

Rule #3: EVERYBODY TYPE IN THE CHAT "AVAK IS A STUPID TRIGGER"

2 hours ago, Sir Keksalot said:

I was thinking it was just a side project, since his main commercial thing seems to be Rebel Nature and this is a weird way to hype that up if so. Not gonna rule out other possibilities, but it'd just be bizarre and IMO it's not too likely.

Phong: Chance has nothing to do with it, the future is not determined by the throw of the dice. But by the conscious decisions of you, and me.

I'm not ruling it out Lego has never failed to surprise me, we may only have a blink into a possible return. Who knows but regardless there are Lego Idea Projects gathering momentum faster than a blue hedgehog on blast processing, unlike a good chunk of Lego Ideas like the Central Perk friends set or the disney related sets and beyond this idea is pure Lego. So there will be no need to haggle, communicate with a organisation like ABC, NBC, WB, Ect. this set if it gets the votes is one Lego can stamp a "Pass" on so it can be in our hands from their brilliant minds.

One way or another Bionicle is getting recognition soon, if not the home front then we can do our part for the legend to never truly end. "Legacy is in the air" and for me that has many meanings.

Bionicle is amazing.

Legends Never Die!

21 hours ago, Mukaukau Nuva said:

To be honest, I would be more hype for a new LEGO-original constraction thing than Bionicle's return; I'm of the opinion that constraction is Bionicle's legacy, and it's a shame that the format isn't being used right now for an original property.

I agree. If Bionicle does return I'd like Lego to do something new and different with it rather than just have Tahu and co landing on an island with villages to stop Makuta yet again.

4 hours ago, Sir Kohran said:

I agree. If Bionicle does return I'd like Lego to do something new and different with it rather than just have Tahu and co landing on an island with villages to stop Makuta yet again.

Yes. We need new Toa! The Toa Mata do get old after awhile.

RPG Characters: Explota Akkitu

On 10/21/19 at 10:39 PM, Laval Master of Energy said:

Yes. We need new Toa! The Toa Mata do get old after awhile.

No the Toa Mata don't get old, anymore than Optimus Prime gets old. But them arriving on a island after Makuta or what have you and having mask collecting be their mission to beat him that does. The mask collection thing it worked back then because this catchphrase was in everyone's mind and heart at the time "Gotta catch Em' all!" it is why Yu-Gi-Oh and other collectable series was working then because collecting was in and to a degree still is.

But the fad of collecting all masks, Krana, Kratta, Kanoka and such is not as strong a selling point now. The characters are not the problem, it is the method to the story that is the problem as again I point to Optimus Prime how many times has Cybertron been under attack? How many times have humans and living machines fought the same war, and how many times has Optimus died? As a fan of Transformers and Bionicle I can say with full honesty the characters can stay the same and certain parts of their mission can too, but after Transformers: The Unicron Trilogy did we see Minicons with every figure, no we didn't.

What about Mata Nui already having its champions who have defended it for years and made life good, but Makuta assails the Island. He is not a native, he is a conqueror looking to add Mata Nui to his empire or he is a "Demon" from beyond the region and like darkmatter in the Kirby universe seeks to claim all before him so he may reshape it into more of him to put it another way he is a virus and his function to corrupt and reformat.

Heck Makuta could be literally out to destroy Mata Nui, again just to sustain himself like the Beast Planet from Shadow Warriors. Same Characters can get stale if they are handled poorly but there is a series where the same three people are in a never-ending cycle and it is the third most successful franchise its creator and owners have.

"Legend tales of a kingdom old, a land once lush thanks to three of gold. Green fields and blue waters cover the land, the peaceful peoples all held onto the other's hand. Peaceful time it slowly spun, no fear or need to run. A hard days work done, now it is time for fun. But slowly a shadow seeped, through the cracks it would reap. Oh dear oh no, this can't be so, what is happeing, to the joyous light, will our world sink into night?! A bright light it appears, its courage has grown through the years! It journeyed across our land, what is that held in his hand,  Why no, can it be, do you think? Is that the sword of evils bane?! No man can hold that it is insane! But here we see night turning into day, the hero he had it the evil it did slay! Now we can sing once again, in peace the day as bright as it began this quest was beyond our dreams!"- Wind Waker intro custom lyrics

Ok it may need some tweaking to follow the rhythm properly but every line could describe any of the Zelda games and they have not gotten stale by a longshot. Verbatim the plot to all but two Zelda games is in that song so tell me the same characters and basic premise can't be times.    

• Like 2

Bionicle is amazing.

Legends Never Die!

• 1 month later...
16 minutes ago, Axelford said:

Interesting, that picture seems closer to G1 in ways with the beach.

Man all this tension is killing me, I personally don’t want another reboot and would prefer something connected to G1 but by the looks of the stuff posted so far by Faber I’m doubtful.

Absolutely nothing Faber has posted indicates a continuation. This looks, for all the world, to be a fresh start. In any case, the future of Bionicle is in reboots, not continuations. G1 was a mess at its conclusion and there's no need to follow up on that.

Once again, friendly reminder that Faber himself said that what he's doing is not official work on any project for LEGO.

This is nothing more than him feeling nostalgic for his old work. Don't keep getting these ideas of reboots or continuations into your heads without any sort of official confirmation, people. You'll just end up massively disappointed when you hype yourselves up for absolutely nothing.

UnsuspectingButts.thumb.png.2a71dabd3565a645b7127215b282d46b.png

50 minutes ago, Taria Pakari said:

Once again, friendly reminder that Faber himself said that what he's doing is not official work on any project for LEGO.

This is nothing more than him feeling nostalgic for his old work. Don't keep getting these ideas of reboots or continuations into your heads without any sort of official confirmation, people. You'll just end up massively disappointed when you hype yourselves up for absolutely nothing.

It's still a reboot even if Lego doesn't officially sanction it. At worst, it'll be a spiritual successor to Bionicle, which still isn't a reboot, but also unlikely given that the project is named "BION-" something. Faber's doing something, and it's somehow linked to Bionicle; it cannot be "absolutely nothing" unless he quits.

21 hours ago, Taria Pakari said:

I prefer to avoid the "self-hyping" problem by assuming that he's toying with us. For all we know, this could be a psychology study of sort.

• Like 1
RPG Characters: Explota Akkitu

17 hours ago, Sir Kohran said:

It's been half a year since he started posting, surely if anything really big was going to come of this it would've happened by now, he/they wouldn't keep us waiting this long.

Well since his first post he has always added #14B2020, I'm still wondering if it'll come to a head sometime next year. He certainly doesn't seem to be stopping with these cool art pieces anytime soon though, so if that's all we get from him I'm totally fine with that! :D

• Like 1

Animation_Mangaia.png.e38a5644c8a08bfd4c488514025b5017.png

Formerly Iron_Man5

On 11/26/2019 at 4:27 PM, Sir Kohran said:

It's been half a year since he started posting, surely if anything really big was going to come of this it would've happened by now, he/they wouldn't keep us waiting this long.

I'm convinced it's definitely some kind of new project/franchise in the works. Faber is creating his own "Rebel Nature" IP that he's been hyping up for YEARS now. Even if it's just a spiritual successor to Bionicle, I'm thinking it will be something substantial. And with the hashtag #14B2020 I'm assuming he will fully reveal it sometime within 2020.

If Christian Faber reveals that this #14B2020 doesn't mean that Bionicle come back in 2020, then we would have that Lego Ideas Project that looks like the diorama and celebrates Bionicle's 20th anniversary as a secret backup to ensure that Bionicle will truly come back in 2020 or 2021, if the project is improved of course. I wonder how would Faber feels about the Lego Ideas project, anyway?

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

Well since his first post he has always added #14B2020, I'm still wondering if it'll come to a head sometime next year.

And with the hashtag #14B2020 I'm assuming he will fully reveal it sometime within 2020.

Perhaps, but why would he start posting about it almost a whole year before?

I mean, original Bionicle wasn't exactly announced in April 2000.

Now he's just straight-up quoting the Barraki trailer. This is DEFINITELY Bionicle-related; we just don't know the direction, scope, or medium of the project. So, uh...anything substantial about it, really. But this post comes pretty quickly after the last one, and we are closing in on 2020 now, so we might finally get something out of the man soon.

• Like 5

I am very convinced it's a VR project. Recently he shared many news about VR on his FB (including that new Half-Life game) with captions about "the future", and now he talks about "seeing it for yourself"...

If it ends up being that, VR BIONICLE, it could be awesome, but it's definitely gonna upset the thousands of people without access to those technologies (myself included)...

• Like 1

I'm Vrokdann in Skyrise: Ascent, and Luntep in the BZPRPG.

[sigfig in tunnel]

My profile pic's a cool little thing I made called Bettani. That thing up there's just a me inside a tunnel.

15 hours ago, Sir Kohran said:

I think it's unkind to tease us this long. Can't he just say what he's got planned?

Plot twist: the whole thing started out as an April Fools' joke, but people thought it was legit and Faber didn't have the heart to tell us, so he's scrambling to make something real behind the scenes.

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Sir Keksalot said:

Plot twist: the whole thing started out as an April Fools' joke, but people thought it was legit and Faber didn't have the heart to tell us, so he's scrambling to make something real behind the scenes.

You put on the headset.

"In the time before time, I helped make the coolest toyline ever. But screw that, this is the f u t u r e . . ."

[a massive wall of ice]

"You are asleep. You will awaken someday, but not now, for your grandchildren will be rebels..."

[trailer for Rebel Nature w/new Cryoshell]

...repeat?

ps sorry guys

[sigfig in tunnel]

My profile pic's a cool little thing I made called Bettani. That thing up there's just a me inside a tunnel.

On 12/4/2019 at 4:57 PM, Lipuret McKaukau said:

You put on the headset.

"In the time before time, I helped make the coolest toyline ever. But screw that, this is the f u t u r e . . ."

[a massive wall of ice]

"You are asleep. You will awaken someday, but not now, for your grandchildren will be rebels..."

[trailer for Rebel Nature w/new Cryoshell]

...repeat?

ps sorry guys

Since Faber has an ecological bent to a lot of his art and political views; it wouldn't shock me if it actually did have something to do with global warming. Or trash in the ocean or something. 

Toa Gali needs you to clean up the waters! :P  

In all seriousness though, I am just like the rest of you; all curious as to what he actually is teasing with this project. 

• Like 1

52641688958_d61c0bc049_w(1).jpg.c0871df0de376218d7ca2bc4f409e17d.jpg

All aboard the hype train!

So, he's definitely going into VR for something, but it's likely that RN will benefit from it, too. That he keeps evoking Bionicle suggests that it's probably 2 separate projects, but I can't imagine what's going on, here. 3IONICLE could just be some sort of proof-of-concept project.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Lipuret McKaukau said:

Is it too early to claim my "told ya" rights?

Faber posted a photo of a VR headset a while ago, but IIRC he didn't mention 3ION in that post and it was more for RN as far as anyone knew. I can't find the post now, so I can't verify that he didn't name the project, though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Iron_Man5 said:

So this happened a couple of hours ago. Let the speculations continue!

I think it's safe to say Faber's entering his final form and we can expect to learn more about 3IONICLE soon. The very earliest we might see it is early January; if it's much longer than that, it's weird that Faber would act as if he were ramping up the teases.

Image result for we're in the endgame now gif

Edited by Sir Keksalot
  • Like 3

Okay the image at the end is just straight from G1, with the Bohrok Swarm... I think it was part of the 2002 advertising. So its definitely Bionicle related... be it his own fan-continuation or something official cooking from Lego for the 20th anniversary... I am going to be curious to see how this turns out. 

• Like 1

52641688958_d61c0bc049_w(1).jpg.c0871df0de376218d7ca2bc4f409e17d.jpg

All aboard the hype train!

1 hour ago, Xboxtravis said:

Okay the image at the end is just straight from G1, with the Bohrok Swarm... I think it was part of the 2002 advertising. So its definitely Bionicle related... be it his own fan-continuation or something official cooking from Lego for the 20th anniversary... I am going to be curious to see how this turns out. 

The Bohrok thing was in response to the Amazon fires, not part of this project. We know for a fact that it's not Lego-sanctioned; he's said as much outright.

That image of the Bohrok does have very specific themes to it. I can make out deforestation (obvious), pollution (the smoke), and global warming (they're Tahnok....) The fact that everything else looks ice-related makes me agree with the earlier comment about this also tying into Faber's political concerns about global warming. Maybe he is doing something that will help bring attention to that planet-wide conflict we face today. 

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

If there's something we can count on, is that there's gonna be at least some enviromental message there. It's just part of his philosophy now, so it's bound to permeate his personal endeavours...

[sigfig in tunnel]

On 12/12/2019 at 9:31 AM, Iron_Man5 said:

So this happened a couple of hours ago. Let the speculations continue!

I think the pic is like that because people are always obsessed with Bionicle so much with these pics remind them of Bionicle, and nothing should be better than or replace Bionicle. 

On 12/12/2019 at 9:57 AM, Sir Keksalot said:

I think it's safe to say Faber's entering his final form and we can expect to learn more about 3IONICLE soon. The very earliest we might see it is early January; if it's much longer than that, it's weird that Faber would act as if he were ramping up the teases.

Image result for we're in the endgame now gif

He’s quite cryptic, but I feel that we are getting kind of closer.

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

1 hour ago, Sir Keksalot said:

Stick around to the end. Faber name-drops the "Biological Chronicle." The hype train is in full throttle now.

“And on the Biological Chronicle, I think we may also have something very cool, and new, and old at the same time.” :biorules:

• Like 1

~Daler

1 hour ago, Valendale said:

The drawing on the board behind him reminded me a lot of the maps of the Mata Nui robot that we've seen.

I assumed it was something for animation/motion-tracking, but that could be very deliberate placement if you're right.