11 hours ago, 1womanarmy said:

Out of curiosity, have you seen this?

No, but I vaguely recall seeing it floating around when IFB was new.

11 hours ago, 1womanarmy said:

The counterpoint to this would be the Mata Nui Rising video, which does have some really complex story elements in there involving the Mask of Life and Makuta taking over, but without Greg’s story to explain, it may not have worked as well as it did or have been such an epic moment. That’s why I’m using IFB as an example of “Faber without Greg”, as opposed to the Mata Nui Rising Video, which is what Advance is capable of with the Bionicle story team behind them.

Right, but if they got someone better than Greg to do the writing, they'd have a stronger story.

12 hours ago, 1womanarmy said:

But all of that is being incredibly optimistic. They probably will do some weird digital building thing in Lego development with story update videos produced by Advance, with ads for other sets thrown in to annoy us all. But like, it could be totally awesome as a game: build the hero, then put them into action for story stuff and have glorious cutscenes...it would be like the HF Breakout game, only it would have a story and be much better. Maybe more MNOG-like...

I still maintain that an RPG of any kind is the best route. Not only would it be the best medium for Bionicle as a narrative and setting, but it'd have a lot of mass appeal. Something like Skyrim is a bit ambitious, so I'd bet on something like Octopath in terms of scope and direction. That game's also good in how it handles having multiple protagonists, even if some of them (COUGHCOUGHalfynCOUGH) kinda suck.

I mean, if Advance and Ghost can produce a well-written Bionicle theatrical film, I’d be first in line to see it on opening night. I’m pretty sure film franchises are what operate on the model you’ve described. 

I actually had vidya in mind.

In that case Lego would be really stupid to not make sets to accompany the film’s release, though.

Honestly, I'd love to see Bionicle get a movie/game adaptation after being handed off from Lego, then Lego making sets based on the IP that they ditched. Not happening, of course, but that would be something.

• Like 1

Rule #1: Always listen to Kek.

Rule #2: If you break rule #1, kindly don't.

Rule #3: EVERYBODY TYPE IN THE CHAT "AVAK IS A STUPID TRIGGER"

• 4 weeks later...

So it seems that Faber has stopped using the 3IO hashtag anymore, and has switched to "Biological chronicle of survival" or #biovival as stated in this new instagram post. He posted a new art that he drew, and also a speed paint video of it as well, both are cool I'd recommend checking them out. :) It appears he's still asking people to let him know if they'll help support him in his crusade, whatever that may be.

• Like 1

Animation_Mangaia.png.e38a5644c8a08bfd4c488514025b5017.png

Formerly Iron_Man5

31 minutes ago, Iron_Man5 said:

So it seems that Faber has stopped using the 3IO hashtag anymore, and has switched to "Biological chronicle of survival" or #biovival as stated in this new instagram post. He posted a new art that he drew, and also a speed paint video of it as well, both are cool I'd recommend checking them out. :) It appears he's still asking people to let him know if they'll help support him in his crusade, whatever that may be.

His post reminds me of either Le-Wahi or Karda Nui. I will support this “biovival”, even as the coronavirus is gone. :)

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

This has all become rather strange, hasn't it (though it did start off rather strange too).

I support the move away from something toyetic, but that said, this basically just seems to be Faber tinkering away, and I don't think he's gotten very far. One of his strengths (and one that Bionicle shares in no small part due to his input) is suggesting something grandiose with only a minute gesture; I'm sure he's far less prepared (and things far less along) than he's letting on. 

I'm not sure what to make of talks with LEGO; for all I know they could only be humoring him (as much as I hope that's not what they're doing). If he's still pending approval, I'm sure the stickler is exactly what we've been wondering: what exactly is he selling here? A game, an art project, a movie? Not a toyline, evidently. Whatever it is, he's going to have to overcome the perception of Bionicle as a toyline if he wants to move forward.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/1/2020 at 8:11 PM, Lenny7092 said:

So, are we going to talk about this “Biovivial” stuff now? Faber’s been posting some of this stuff for two weeks. 

Remember to keep your faith in Bionicle.

What I see so far is an image of the Ignika buried in the sand. What this is supposed to accomplish, I don't know.

RPG Characters: Explota Akkitu