What powers would you give to these proto-type masks?

So I just thinking about Kanohi, and looked up the prototypes of some of the masks, kanohi designs that were never used. I was just thinking about them and what powers they could be assigned if they were given a chance.

So I'm going to put up the links to the pictures and my suggestions for potential powers for this unused kanohi designs:

Proto-SuletuA - Smokebomb (release a cloud of smoke in a nearby area), Memory (Add, alter or remove memories from the target), Presence (create an impression on the target that affects how you are precieved or remembered) Vacuum or Intangibility (as in Tuyet's mask).

Proto-Komau - Animation, Sleep/Sloth, Stasis, Stun, Density Control or Slowing targets down

Proto-Akaku - Whirlwind (either turn yourself in to a living cyclone or trap opponents in a mini-tornado), Hypnosis, Disorientation, Tracking (the little eye bit on the top corner marks the target and the mask will be able to locate them), Psychometry ((as in Helryx's mask) or Weather Control.

Proto-Mohtrek - Mutation (as in Miserix's mask), Entrapment (Create energy ropes that try up a target) or Elasticity.

Proto-SuletuB (Far left) - Insect Control, Poison, Acid or Quick Healing.

Proto-Iden (Far Right) - Intangibility (as in Tuyet's mask), Density Control, Shrink (as in this is the Great form of a Kanohi Pehkui) or Imprisonment (Trap a target in a energy sphere like a reverse Hau).

Proto-Kadin - Regeneration (as in this is the Great form of a Kanohi Kiril), Smokebomb, Healing (as in the Toa Mangai's of Green mask) Burrowing(able to create tunnels in solid inanimate surfaces), Growth (as in this is the Great form of a Mask of Growth), Manifestation (create temporary physical objects that fade after a short period of time), Thermal Resistence or Density Control.

Proto-Calix - Fear, Anger, Power Storage (build up power over time and release it in attacks, elemental powers or physical feats), Power Scream, Sonics, Vaccum or Psychometry (as in Helryx's mask).

Proto-Elda - Symbiosis(Draw strength from the presence of allies and increase their prowess slightly in return), Calm (reduce negative emotions and pain in the target), Magnetism, Statis Field or Alchemy (changing one element into another).

• Upvote 1

• 4 months later...

:kaukau: I look at that Akaku and all I can see are the faceles mooks from the movie Atlantis: The Lost Empire.  It definitely doesn't have that islander feel.  It's far more "dieselpunk adventure serial."  I'd imagine that it would have something to do with being at a high altitude.  Probably, seeing through the thick blizzards...oh wait.

Okay, something like being able to travel really quickly between low altitudes to high altitudes without getting altitude poisoning.  Meaning that he could also go from deep underwater to the surface without getting the bends.

I've wondered this for years and never found someone who could tell me: why is the prototype Suletu clearly a Kraahkan with a Hydro Blade bent over the top of it?

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

I gave the Prototype Calix a new name and power ages ago.

Name: Kanohi Sakon

AKA: The mask of Craft Animation 

Power: Allows the user to create constructs from nearby drawings, sculptures, and or carvings. The mask is not giving life to the constructs merely allowing them movement and in the case of the drawings form. Drawn/Carved things will be made from the material that they were on prior to animation. 

Given that was ages ago I am refining the power but the basics are the same as ever. 

Edited by Toa Komali
  • Like 1

Bionicle is amazing.

Legends Never Die!

14 hours ago, Master Inika said:

I've wondered this for years and never found someone who could tell me: why is the prototype Suletu clearly a Kraahkan with a Hydro Blade bent over the top of it?

Because the LEGO designers aren't allowed to use any new molds for prototypes; they either have to sculpt their own out of clay or kit-bash them out of existing parts/materials. Clearly the designer of Inika Kongu (if that was even the working name for that set; I don't know either way) thought that the final mask would look something like a Kraahkan with a Hydro Blade attached.

Considering Greg only based his work on finalized sets and prototypes very close to completion, this mask probably wasn't designed to be a Suletu at the time (which was a pre-existing mask power at the time). It might not have even been designed for Inika Kongu or the green set of 2006's summer wave, since we know colours and characters are swapped with some regularity; apparently Mistika Tahu was original blue, indicating that set was not originally intended for Tahu, nor that mask for a Hau. 

6 hours ago, Mukaukau Nuva said:

Because the LEGO designers aren't allowed to use any new molds for prototypes; they either have to sculpt their own out of clay or kit-bash them out of existing parts/materials. Clearly the designer of Inika Kongu (if that was even the working name for that set; I don't know either way) thought that the final mask would look something like a Kraahkan with a Hydro Blade attached.

I do have to agree with this logic, though the Rode and the "Sakon" (Remember that is my name for the prototype Calix in my Bionicle works) are quite "finished" by the looks of things guess they could always make test molds with Silicone and resin and paint the mask to look more true. Honestly I would love to visit Lego HQ and their Archives one day, see things we never saw officially but could of and have happened in the Bionicle (Remember we got a universe where Teridax was never once swayed by Shadow or a plan to take over and a world where Mata Nui died). If Lego ever reads this and I doubt they ever will cause it's a forum post on a discontinued line, something I would love to have near my area or at least at Lego Land would be history tours of multiple lines.

A Museum Lego not just a book or video, no a actual museum showing off in person the creations that for so many made and make Everything Awesome! 

Anyway back to topic, I plan to use the prototype Masks in my story though I will need to figure out powers for them. I would love if someone actually modeled the "Sakon" in 3D so I could make a Movie version of it for a modelling project I'm doing, that is a actual figurine of Movie style Matoran. It's for my Prop Shop, I am so glad the render of Jaller with the Calix was Modeled and given a 360 turn around it lets me get a true scale for the figurines and detail of the More realistic designs.  

Bionicle is amazing.

Legends Never Die!