BIONICLE: The Legend Revisited Interest Poll

Interest Poll  

12 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hey BZPower!

As some of you may already know, a few months ago, I started working on a new archive of the BIONICLE story: Wall of History. Now that the archive is getting close to completion (with transcriptions of all the remaining novels finished and being error-checked), I've begun to think about hosting a community rereading project. This idea is largely inspired by Revisiting the Time Before Time, a community reread hosted on Tumblr a few years ago, as well as the Gathered Friends podcast.

I never read the BIONICLE novels or side stories when they were first published, and didn't even get into the comics until around 2006, so working on Wall of History has been my first real experience with the story... and I've really enjoyed it! Because of this, I feel that a group rereading could be really fun for fans, both new and old, in addition to fueling interest in Faber's mysterious project.

Should this project come to be, I'm planning on calling it "BIONICLE: The Legend Revisited."

I'll create a reading schedule based around the novels, likely dedicating one week to each, along with whichever comics and side stories are woven into them on Wall of History. I'll create a Discord server for discussing the readings, maybe host streams of the movies... and maybe even host giveaways for physical copies of the novels (as working on Wall of History has left me with multiple copies of most of them).

I'd advertise the project here, on Reddit, on Twitter, and on Tumblr a few weeks in advance, encouraging anyone interested — dedicated fans, people who were into the toys as a kid, but never really got into the story, and people who aren't familiar with BIONICLE at all — to participate. We would probably begin reading towards the end of the summer.

So now my question for all of you is — would you, hypothetically, be interested in participating in something like this? There's a poll at the top of this thread to vote, and if you have any suggestions or questions, you can leave them below.

Thanks for reading!

Edited by JSLBrowning
  • Upvote 2

1554824458_Signature1.thumb.png.b92b35987fd64998219a7750ccf7f46f.png134107221_Signature2.thumb.png.4cbc1d79cb2860c534af37071132810a.png

Why have a Discord when you could be here?

... ... ...

I know why...

So basically just a Bionicle Book Club?

I figured Discord would be better since it's more conducive to free-form, real time conversations, and pretty much anyone who might be interested would already have an account. Discord would also allow me to run different channels for different levels of spoiler avoidance without clogging up the BZPower forums.

Basically a book club, yeah. A digital book club.

Edited by JSLBrowning

1554824458_Signature1.thumb.png.b92b35987fd64998219a7750ccf7f46f.png134107221_Signature2.thumb.png.4cbc1d79cb2860c534af37071132810a.png

This sounds like a really fun idea, tracking down and reading all the books growing up is a memory I’m really fond of and I think it would be really cool to dig into them one by one and appreciate them. I still remember so much of the writing and they’re such gems. It’s a nice way to keep engaged with the fandom!

pomegranate-banner-sm.png .

This sounds like a really fun idea, tracking down and reading all the books growing up is a memory I’m really fond of and I think it would be really cool to dig into them one by one and appreciate them. I still remember so much of the writing and they’re such gems. It’s a nice way to keep engaged with the fandom!

Glad you like the idea! The books are really great, and I think giving new fans a chance to enjoy them and talk about them would be great for the community.

Edited by JSLBrowning

• 2 weeks later...

mite b cool

i've found myself coming back here occasionally lately. over the last year of my life or so i've spent a lot of time revisiting stuff that was important to me when i was younger, like an incredibly lame quarter-life crisis.

and i guess it would be fun to reevaluate my taste in media circa the time i was 10 years old, especially since i didn't start being a sentient human being until i was, like, 16. i joined this site when i was 8. thankfully my childhood forum posts have been lost to time, but you can still see years of awful blog updates.

man remember when no one would dream of making a forum site without signatures

that was tight

mite b cool

i've found myself coming back here occasionally lately. over the last year of my life or so i've spent a lot of time revisiting stuff that was important to me when i was younger, like an incredibly lame quarter-life crisis.

and i guess it would be fun to reevaluate my taste in media circa the time i was 10 years old, especially since i didn't start being a sentient human being until i was, like, 16. i joined this site when i was 8. thankfully my childhood forum posts have been lost to time, but you can still see years of awful blog updates.

Glad you think it'd be fun! I think it would be too, and since most people I've talked to feel the same way, it'll most likely happen. Keep checking back here over the next few weeks for more information, or follow Wall of History's Twitter account!