The Queen of Spiders

Taka Nuvia

20190515_rodaka_final_resized.jpg

[original sketch] | [Lineart]

Long time no see! Felt like drawing something BIONICLE-related again after what must have been... months? (even if you do count the odd sketchbook scribble). And who would make for a better motive than the one and only Roodaka? =D

I actually went and grabbed the old set to reference (I mean obviously, I took some artistic liberties, as always), but tried to make the design my own. She didn't turn out quite as menacing as I had originally intended, but I am nonetheless happy with the outcome. It's a digital artwork because I liked the original sketch too much to ink it.

Comments and criticism are most welcome and appreciated, as always! :]

• Upvote 4

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)

Hmm. I'm digging the more muscular build she has here. Also really digging your adaptation of those silver arm bits.

• Upvote 1

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Good to see you're still producing pieces, Taka Nuvia.

This is quite a striking pose and the piece has a lot of attitude, especially with the hinted shadows and shading. The flared armor make her appear as deadly as we all know she is - an apt interpretation of the pieces used in her set.

There are a few rough patches in the lining around her thighs and her hair, which breaks the cleanliness a little and looks fuzzy. Not sure if you wanted the hairpiece to appear in motion, thus the less defined edges. I also feel her arms may be a little short, but it could be the angle and the foreshortening getting the better of me.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm. I'm digging the more muscular build she has here. Also really digging your adaptation of those silver arm bits.

Thank you! They were fun to design, too. =D It's been a while since I last actually referenced the actual set, and not just drew from what I thought I remembered about it... ^_^

Good to see you're still producing pieces, Taka Nuvia.

This is quite a striking pose and the piece has a lot of attitude, especially with the hinted shadows and shading. The flared armor make her appear as deadly as we all know she is - an apt interpretation of the pieces used in her set.

There are a few rough patches in the lining around her thighs and her hair, which breaks the cleanliness a little and looks fuzzy. Not sure if you wanted the hairpiece to appear in motion, thus the less defined edges. I also feel her arms may be a little short, but it could be the angle and the foreshortening getting the better of me.

Aw, thanks! :D (and thanks for the feedback!)

Glad you like it. Tbh the rough patches are probably because I tend to be a little bit too sloppy with the lineart sometimes... I'm more used to the 'the line is the way it is' approach from traditional art - but now that you pointed it out I see it too, definitely something I should keep an eye on in the future. :)

... yeah, I definitely messed up with the foreshortening on the right (seen as left) arm. ^^' The other one is fine, I think.

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)

• 4 weeks later...