Hero Factory Discussion

Meiko

There's a good way and a bad way to do everything, including "a lighthearted character to contrast with his more serious teammates." The good way is Lewa or Matau. The bad way is Surge and SpongeBob.XD I'm not trying to be argumentative here, though, and everyone's entitled to their own opinions. The above is mine and doesn't have to be forced on anyone.About Von Nebula, then... He needs more characterization to be a believable and emotionally powerful villain, but I doubt he'll get it.

I do agree that Surge is a bit annoying sometimes. Still, I feel it´s unfair to hate him for that. :P Or maybe I´m taking things too seriously and forgetting that the Heroes do not exist in real life but are written characters. :P

I wouldn't call Rocka or Breez sober....

I´ve never seen them fooling around, always focusing on their tasks instead.-Gata signoff.jpg Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

There's a good way and a bad way to do everything, including "a lighthearted character to contrast with his more serious teammates." The good way is Lewa or Matau. The bad way is Surge and SpongeBob. Admittedly, Surge has done some pretty awesome things, such as taking out the Fire Lord in one of the most graphic moments of LEGO and even carving apart an asteroid with electricity. But his consistent squealing while doing it ruins the moment for me. If only they'd used the tortured, insecure personality he supposedly has rather than an overconfident weakling, perhaps I'd like Surge more than any other hero.That leads me to my main problem with HF, actually -- there seems to be a failure to communicate between the webmasters and promo writers and the TV show writers. Both tell interesting stories, and they often clash, overlap, or deny each others' existence. Most egregious is Mak's update on the Recon Team villain files on Von Nebula's gang -- when, according to the TV show, no one knew of Von Nebula until New Stellac City came around!XD I'm not trying to be argumentative here, though, and everyone's entitled to their own opinions. The above is mine and doesn't have to be forced on anyone.About Von Nebula, then... He needs more characterization to be a believable and emotionally powerful villain, but I doubt he'll get it.

First of all, I'd argue that Spongebob is one of the right ways to do a lighthearted character, since rather than tempering the seriousness of his compatriots, it's the other way around. Spongebob is not an epic like BIONICLE or Hero Factory, it's a comedy, and the other characters in Spongebob serve to amplify the titular character's overall zaniness. But that's a little off topic.So, on the subject at hand, I've never seen why so many people hate Surge. You don't like his voice? Fun fact: I've known people with voices almost exactly like that. You don't like his general attitude? I do. I think his jokey personality helps him to stand out in the team, and to balance the seriousness of a lot of the cast. As best I can tell, it's just "cool" to hate on Surge because he doesn't mold perfectly to the standard hero archetype, but I think characters like Surge make the Hero Factory more diverse, and help make Heroes seem more like characters than just robots with a singular focus.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

So... I haven't been following this year's Hero Factory story line, but when is the next episode airing (if there is one), and are they still on Nick in the US?

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

So... I haven't been following this year's Hero Factory story line, but when is the next episode airing (if there is one), and are they still on Nick in the US?

Episodes 8 and 9 (Breakout Part 1 and 2) aired on Easter Sunday, but you can watch them for free on the HF website or on the Nicktoons website if you live in the US. ;)-Gata signoff.jpg

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

That leads me to my main problem with HF, actually -- there seems to be a failure to communicate between the webmasters and promo writers and the TV show writers. Both tell interesting stories, and they often clash, overlap, or deny each others' existence. Most egregious is Mak's update on the Recon Team villain files on Von Nebula's gang -- when, according to the TV show, no one knew of Von Nebula until New Stellac City came around!

Where are these "Recon Team villain files"?And just because the Recon team knows stuff doesn't mean they with tell Stormer. :)

That leads me to my main problem with HF, actually -- there seems to be a failure to communicate between the webmasters and promo writers and the TV show writers. Both tell interesting stories, and they often clash, overlap, or deny each others' existence. Most egregious is Mak's update on the Recon Team villain files on Von Nebula's gang -- when, according to the TV show, no one knew of Von Nebula until New Stellac City came around!

Where are these "Recon Team villain files"?And just because the Recon team knows stuff doesn't mean they with tell Stormer. :)
Those files were disclosed in Hero Factory FM, which detaches slightly from the canon from time to time (such as, for example, having an ad for the Hero Factory toys, mentioning Earth more than once, and a few other minor plotholes like the one mentioned by Lord Ghirahim).

Even though the character trait mentioned in many of his 2010 bios-- the worry that he might have been built with a flaw-- never really got touched on

I think I know his "flaw": He must drink helium to get that high-pitched voice! :superfunny:Okay, my failed comedic attempts aside, I just showed my little brother breakout yesterday, so now he's even more excited about HF than when he got to mess with some parts at a stand at a building area of legoland florida. Today he bought surge, and I've introduced him to the breakout game. he seems to be having a lot of fun.And If I ever hear "Catch 'em and Cuff 'em" again.... :burnmad: Edited by Hippopotomonstrosesquipeda

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

Even though the character trait mentioned in many of his 2010 bios-- the worry that he might have been built with a flaw-- never really got touched on

I think I know his "flaw": He must drink helium to get that high-pitched voice! :superfunny:Okay, my failed comedic attempts aside, I just showed my little brother breakout yesterday, so now he's even more excited about HF than when he got to mess with some parts at a stand at a building area of legoland florida. Today he bought surge, and I've introduced him to the breakout game. he seems to be having a lot of fun.And If I ever hear "Catch 'em and Cuff 'em" again.... :burnmad:
Great to see kids are enjoying HF like we enjoyed BIONICLE back in the day. :rolleyes: Personally, I´ve never seen a kid who is a HF fan (I´ve only seen one buy Surge in a store1 but then again, I don´t have any contact with kids. :P-Gata signoff.jpg Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

There's a good way and a bad way to do everything, including "a lighthearted character to contrast with his more serious teammates." The good way is Lewa or Matau. The bad way is Surge and SpongeBob.XD I'm not trying to be argumentative here, though, and everyone's entitled to their own opinions. The above is mine and doesn't have to be forced on anyone.About Von Nebula, then... He needs more characterization to be a believable and emotionally powerful villain, but I doubt he'll get it.

I do agree that Surge is a bit annoying sometimes. Still, I feel it´s unfair to hate him for that. :P Or maybe I´m taking things too seriously and forgetting that the Heroes do not exist in real life but are written characters. :P

I´ve never seen them fooling around, always focusing on their tasks instead.-Gata signoff.jpg
Well, it's not that Surge isn't focused on the task ahead, he just feels the need to make obnoxious comments along the way... as do most of the other heroes, to a lesser extent.

Thank you, BZPower staff. In the past, I wish I showed more appreciation for all that you do. From one Bionicle fan to another, thank you.

• 3 weeks later...

I´ve never seen them fooling around, always focusing on their tasks instead.-Gata signoff.jpg
Well, it's not that Surge isn't focused on the task ahead, he just feels the need to make obnoxious comments along the way... as do most of the other heroes, to a lesser extent.
Surge is a funny heroic guy. He is silly like Berix in Bionicle: The Legend Reborn and SpongeBob Squarepants from the SpongeBob Squarepants TV series. I would consider Surge as a comical relief character of the Hero Factory TV series. So, I like Surge.

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

I think I know his "flaw": He must drink helium to get that high-pitched voice! :superfunny:Okay, my failed comedic attempts aside, I just showed my little brother breakout yesterday, so now he's even more excited about HF than when he got to mess with some parts at a stand at a building area of legoland florida. Today he bought surge, and I've introduced him to the breakout game. he seems to be having a lot of fun.And If I ever hear "Catch 'em and Cuff 'em" again.... :burnmad:
Great to see kids are enjoying HF like we enjoyed BIONICLE back in the day. :rolleyes: Personally, I´ve never seen a kid who is a HF fan (I´ve only seen one buy Surge in a store1 but then again, I don´t have any contact with kids. :P-Gata signoff.jpg
the sad part is, whenever there is something that isn't a ball joint he needsmy help >.<but he is only 6, anways

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

So, since there is speculation that we might not get a 'Doom Box' TV episode this summer, is it possible that the Doom Box book will be replacing the episode? If this is true, could this be happening for next year, too, and so on?

The+Edge-Banderbear.jpg bug_animated.gifStarhawk-PlayStation-3-b-300x300.jpg

"Wuh?"

The episode itself was pure speculation to begin with. There was never any hard evidence to suggest that we would get anything besides the one Breakout episode. People were just hoping that since the episode doesn't cover everything (which, granted, is unusual given the pattern of HF thus far; then again, this was an unusual wave) there would be something supplemental. It looks like there's going to be a media expansion of sorts, but how relevant any of it all is remains to be seen.

It sounds a little bit like the Doom Box was a rushed idea when they realised they wouldn't be able to fit every character into the episode. I'm definitely not going to be expecting anything plot changing from this, and very little character development....Bit like a regular episode, amiright? :P

LzcD9OS.png

I wrote stories once. They were okay.

I doubt very heavily we'll see an episode based on TDB, which seems like a book covering a minor plot thread, simialr to The Secret of Certavus and The Journey of Takanuva from BIONICLE. I also can't see Lego purposefully breaking their trend and not producing a special for the summer Breakout sets, purposefully neglecting the point of the specials (to promote the sets) by skipping several - ESPECIALLY after ending the Breakout show with a major, uncharacteristic cliffhanger.-Mesonak

The Three Virtues YouTube Channel

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

Check it out for laughs, discussion, and more.

I doubt very heavily we'll see an episode based on TDB, which seems like a book covering a minor plot thread, simialr to The Secret of Certavus and The Journey of Takanuva from BIONICLE. I also can't see Lego purposefully breaking their trend and not producing a special for the summer Breakout sets, purposefully neglecting the point of the specials (to promote the sets) by skipping several - ESPECIALLY after ending the Breakout show with a major, uncharacteristic cliffhanger.-Mesonak

I´m pretty sure the cliffhanger builds up to a future year, not to the summer wave. It wouldn´t surprise me at all if we didn´t get a summer episode, which would feel sort of unnecessary anyway, with Black Phantom already captured and all.-Gata signoff.jpg Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Breez I can give or take, given the fact that she barely got any screen time in the first four episodes and was kind of annoying in Ordeal of Fire. I'm sad we won't be seeing more of Nex though, as his chattiness and accent made him a brilliant comic relief character.If it weren't for that rather embarrassing "Mmm...cake..." line. Which I'll go back to trying to forget.

LzcD9OS.png

Well, TLG's going to have to have something to promote the sets. I would imagine an episode for the summer would deal in some expansion of the plot - after all, in the first Breakout, more villains broke out than were recaptured, so the plot of the next episode might go into that. They might tie the resolution of the cliffhanger into that - in fact, it's easy, with the escapees getting wind of the new villain factory in town...I wouldn't write off the summer episode just yet. Although, they might try to launch the "HF social networking" thing instead or as well. Any more word on that?

The episode itself was pure speculation to begin with. There was never any hard evidence to suggest that we would get anything besides the one Breakout episode. People were just hoping that since the episode doesn't cover everything (which, granted, is unusual given the pattern of HF thus far; then again, this was an unusual wave) there would be something supplemental. It looks like there's going to be a media expansion of sorts, but how relevant any of it all is remains to be seen.

Actually, the "speculation" was taken from another forum. No idea if there was any evidence behind that.

Thank you, BZPower staff. In the past, I wish I showed more appreciation for all that you do. From one Bionicle fan to another, thank you.

I really hope we will get the summer episode, I can't wait for seeing XT4 animated.

Me, too! I also can't wait to see Thornraxx, Core Hunter, Breez in her own Breakout form, Nex in his own Breakout form, and Bulk in his own Breakout form animated! Edited by Lenny7092

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

Live action... Hero Factory... Movie....No. Get rid of the live action part and I'd be fine. I just can't see humans being in a movie focused on robots (Transformers doesn't count. They've always had humans).Kalhiki

mrdark2.png

You're Doomed, Rayman!

Boy! I just love it when my computer doesn't tell me when my battery is getting low!

(that's sarcasm, by the way)

I fully expect a story of "_____ is attacking Earth, so several heroes from the Hero Factory are dispatched to save the day". [/font]Heroes and villains will likely be CGI, but the civilians, supporting characters, people they interact with will be live action. I can work with that. [/font]I' be lying if I said I wasn't [/font]really looking forward to this. If it's bad, fine, I'll still get a kick out of it, and if it's good, I'll be pleasantly surprised.[/font]Speaking of being surprised this whole thing threw me for a loop. [/font] Edited by Mesonak

The Three Virtues YouTube Channel

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

Check it out for laughs, discussion, and more.

I wonder if the movie will have a new plot or just replace the episode for whatever year it comes out in. It could be interesting: I won't judge the idea until more is revealed.

Read my comedy, about the Hero Factory villains watching a television channel produced by our Spherus Magnan friends!

The Bionicle Channel

"I expect that when I write my next entry in this chronicle, I will be writing as uncontested ruler of the Brotherhood."

-Certainty, my Memoirs of the Dead entry

"As opposed to other Lego toys, Hero Factory, which is marketed with the tagline "We Build Heroes," has a distinct storyline and a dense mythology."Nooooooooooooope. Stopped reading right there.Well, I'll be honest in saying that, this, I'm not really looking forward to. Sure it has some potential, but when has that ever been lived up to in a film about Lego? Let alone when the film in question is about Hero Factory, a line which I only tolerate because the sets are occasionally great and the cliches are a pleasure to poke fun at.

Edited by Grimoire Albastru

LzcD9OS.png

So, not to derail the conversation from the movie, but the new Hero Creator is online in the Funzone of HF.com. It's actually really nifty. However, they seem to have stopped using the Hero Recon team site for the time being, so maybe it'll all get shuffled and dispersed elsewhere. Hopefully not, I really liked the Recon story aspect; I don't want that to go away.

So, have we heard anything about a third season of the Hero Factory TV series? Not necessarily so much as the names and storyline, but have we at least heard about there being one? I know that Ninjago has a guaranteed third season, but I haven't heard or seen anything about Hero Factory. :/

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

So, have we heard anything about a third season of the Hero Factory TV series? Not necessarily so much as the names and storyline, but have we at least heard about there being one? I know that Ninjago has a guaranteed third season, but I haven't heard or seen anything about Hero Factory. :/

Hero Factory has never lasted a full season; it's done more as a series of sporadic TV specials. So that probably contributes to the lack of news.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother