Pokémon: Rise Of The Rockets

Parugi

-==IC: Ryan==-

Ryan chuckled, a little worried about what was happening with Shannon. However, he gave a smile, as he watched the antics a bit. "I think we came to an understanding that we're okay." He sheepishly smiled a bit, though. "To be honest, I'm not quite sure either, but I think it's a good thing..." He said, leaving out the part that Sousa kinda had been quaking in fear at the beginning. "Nice surprise, though?" The man asked, as he wanted to bring Sousa closer, but also didn't want Selena to accidentally kick him or send him flying or so.

IC: James - Four Island - Outside Goldhawk's Office

James stared blankly at a computer screen. He had thought that while he waited for his appointment with Goldhawk that he would try and work on Jamie's request, but thoughts distracted him. Thoughts of Vert, thoughts of Guinevere, and thoughts of what he was going to do.

This plan was stupid in probably every way imaginable, yet he needed something to grant some form of catharsis to his team, and this was the only way he could think of to start the process of reconciliation. Sadly many years of slowly reforging the old relationships and learning to trust again was something that he did not have time to grant. Nor could he simply afford to let the training he had put into those Pokemon go to waste. He needed their strength, the only way he could get it back if he could prove he earned it back.

Hopefully the others would find Mordred, James thought. Guinevere could not be here, but it would be best to have the five who could be here.

The door to Goldhawk's office opened, signaling that the Liberty Leader's previous meeting had ended. A clean-cut man in a gray suit stepped out, carrying a black briefcase in one hand and a long, black coat in the other. His sharp features and slick, blond hair served to accentuate the hardened, pale green stare that he immediately cast upon James. For a moment, it seemed as if he looked on the Executive with something resembling judgement, though he soon drew attention away from this as he began to put on his coat.

"Executive James Arthur, correct?" he said. His voice bore a slight rasp, as if his vocal cords had often been used to shout to the point where they now strained to fully function. Without waiting for a reply, he offered a short nod at the door to Goldhawk's office, before pulling his jacket taut and proceeding toward the elevators.

James had no idea who the man who left Goldhawk's room was, but he seemed to have some idea who he was. It could be simply that Goldhawk told him that the Executive was his next appointment, but something in his mannerism had James curious. Though it could simply be paranoia, James reasoned. Either way, he piqued his interest.

After packing his laptop, James entered Goldhawk's office.

"Goldhawk, sir?" James said as he came in full view of his Leader. "Pardon my asking, but who was the man who just left?"

Goldhawk was busy writing something on a notepad when James sat down. "Neal Lehrer--a lawyer." He offered a quick glance up at James. "For Ross and his family." Goldhawk returned his attention back to his notes. "We're still in the process of sorting out that situation. But I suppose that's beside the point. What did you want to speak to me about?"

...I suppose I have to do something regarding Officer Ross too, James thought, feelings of regret creeping on him.

James did not expect this to go well. Reminding his boss that the he went behind his back was never a good idea. The Executive swallowed and opened his mouth. Prolonging speaking would simply make the situation worse.

"I need permission to utilize the Normal-Type Power Suit in a test battle, sir."

Goldhawk's hand paused. He set his pen down and looked at James with a look of pure exasperation. "Why?"

"Because the loss of your trust was not the worst that I lost that day. My... team saw me sacrifice one of the closest among them to me for a battle that did not even matter."

James could not even continue to look at Goldhawk in the eye the way he looked at him, his guilt plainly seen on his face.

"Normally I should be forced to rebuild everything I destroyed from scratch, over many years and after much begging for forgiveness. Unfortunately, the likes of Ford and these Sins leave me pressed for time to rebuild my relationship with my team. I... plan to fight Lancelot, the strongest member of my team in a mano a mano match and let the rest watch. There is not a chance in the world I could last against him."

James sighed at his last statement. Here he was, the man who had sacrificed so much to protect himself almost begging to be put in harm's way. "Which is the intent I suppose. Watching the one who I directly betrayed get justice is the only way I can think to help start the process of reconciliation."

Finally, James was able to force himself to look Goldhawk in the eyes once more.

"My team needs this catharsis. I am not even asking you this as a Team Liberty Executive speaking to his Leader, I'm asking this as one trainer to another."

For several moments, Goldhawk merely drummed his fingers against the desk, continuing to watch James. It was impossible to tell what was going on in his head, but from the look he was giving James, it appeared as if he had greatly underestimated the Executive's integrity. At last, he sighed, steepling his fingers together.

"I'll approve the Normal-Type Suit's use for this one battle," he said. "Just try not to get it destroyed."

"Thank you sir, I will do my best," James said aloud, To not to get myself killed... James said silently.

James was about ask to be dismissed when the odd thought occurred,"By the way, I know you do not particularly care for the power suits. May I ask why you care that I do not destroy one?"

"As much as I dislike the circumstances under which they were built, the fact of the matter is that they are useful tools to have around, particularly if we can find a method of reproducing them sans Pokémon abuse," the Liberty Leader answered. "I'd rather not use them at all unless we absolutely need to, so consider this the sole exception."

James had to wonder if Silvermind was involved in this causing this line of thought, but this did resolve an earlier question he had discussed with Vert. As he did not disagree, James said nothing further on the matter.

"I understand. That is all I have to say. If you will excuse me, I need to prepare for my battle."

"You're excused. Take care, James."

The Executive gave a slight bow and left the room. Once the door closed, the he allowed himself a quiet 'humph'.

'James'. If we were on a first-name basis already, I would be impressed with the turnaround. But much better than being on his bad side I suppose.

James sighed as he began to walk off, I am already on too many of those.

Edited by Minun of the Fourth Choir

25fbd79538e4c3de878b599045e3f03a.jpg

OOC: Jam with Konuju!

IC: Evan/Paul

Evan flashed a sly grin as he depressed the button on Landorus' Poké Ball. "The Abundance pokémon rumbled as he was sent out in a flash of light. "Normally, I wouldn't send him out for such a mundane thing, but I'll make an exception for this!" Evan said in a gleeful voice. Evan mounted Landorus, who had remained in his therian forme since the last time he was called upon.

"Let's go, Paul Burks!" Evan spoke brashly. "Let's get going to our arena!"

"Yes, let's!" Taking Paul's cue, Scar took off, letting the warm island air fill his wings. The metallic bird veered northward as he led the way to the volcano. His keen eyes quickly sought out a large plateau about halfway up the mountain. "This looks like a good spot," the blacksmith said as they descended. "Now, as much as I'm sure Scar would love to battle you, I already have my Pokémon picked out." The Skarmory gave him an amused look; he did not care either way whether he was the one to fight. "My first Pokémon," Paul continued, "Bisharp." As he spoke, he tossed a Pokéball into the air, and the steel/dark type emerged in a flash of light, immediately moving his blades into a defensive position. Paul grinned. "I'm ready when you are."

Evan grinned as he drew out a small mirror. "I think Landorus would love to fight you in what may be his true forme!" Evan spoke as he flashed the Reveal Glass onto Landorus. "It wouldn't be interesting if he didn't!"

Landorus, as soon as the light from the Reveal Glass struck him, shifted forme in a flash of light. Flexing his arms, the Landorus eyed the Bisharp, taking note of its stance. "I expect a good fight out of you, great warrior...."

"This is the Legendary Pokémon Landorus," Paul warned, keeping a wary eye on the Abundance Pokémon. "Let's start out with a few preparations." Bisharp gave a curt nod as he activated his Iron Defense, then shifted into a surprisingly graceful pattern of movements, a Swords Dance.

"Bind him with Grass Knot, then use your own Swords Dance!" Evan commanded the Abundance pokemon. "Show them your mastery over the land!"

Landorus' eyes and scar began to glow as many lashes of grass bound Paul's Bisharp. As they closed in, Landorus performed his own Swords Dance, his movements powerful yet graceful......

IC: Shannon

"You never cease to amaze me, Ryan," Shannon said with a wide grin. Struggling to control the overjoyed Selena in one arm, she reached over to take Sousa from the black-haired man. The Dunsparce affectionately nuzzled against her, and Shannon gently kissed the Dunsparce on his head. "You've been so brave these past few days, both of you," she said. "Thank you for looking out for each other."

Sousa beamed, while Selena made to bury her face in Shannon's arms, as if she were unwilling to ever leave her trainer's embrace again. Shannon giggled at that, then smiled up at Ryan. "I seriously can't thank you enough for this," she said. Their talks had kept her busy, and the presents had made her day, but now the girl was happier than she had ever been since waking up in her prison of a hospital bed.

Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

Quotes from throughout the years:

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

Ryan returned the smile, as he stayed close. "Well, you're definitely welcome." The man chuckled back, unsure what else to exactly do right then, other than just take in the pure happiness the scene had. He wondered just how long he had been there, as well, yet didn't want to leave. He also knew that she was rather pre-occupied at the moment with the catching up, and didn't exactly want to get in the middle of it, and therefore, stood with a look like he was not sure at all what to do.

IC: Paul

Paul's eyes widened as Bisharp tumbled to the ground, his legs tangled in a snare of thick vines. Rendered immobile, he was a sitting target for the Unovan Legend. "Quick, Fury Cutter!" the blacksmith cried desperately.

Bisharp took the meaning of the three words, and wasted no time in setting his blades loose against the grassy snare. It didn't take long for the plants to yield to the bug-type move, but Bisharp didn't end there. All the while he had kept an eye on Landorus' regal dance, following its movements and calculating the perfect time to strike. Quick as lightning, the Sword Blade Pokémon propelled himself from the ground and lunged for the Legendary, his blades still glowing with the power of his Fury Cutter.

IC: Ryan

Ryan watched Ray walk off into the distance, then turned around and wandered in the opposite direction, thrusting his hands into his pockets. He had hoped his optimism would help to cheer the Separatist up. Instead, the Liberty agent felt Ray's grim mood had instead brought his own spirits down. He had unearthed memories Ryan would have preferred to leave buried.

He idly ran his thumb across the Pokéballs at his belt, and depressed the button on one. "What do you say, old friend?" he asked the Typhlosion as it emerged from the capsule. "Are things truly as hopeless as Ray would have us believe?"

Quil scoffed and blew out a puff of smoke as the heat pockets on his back glowed warmly. Ryan paused. "How is any of it your fault?" The Tylphlosion looked him squarely in the eye, a low growl rising in his throat. Suddenly, Ryan's eyes widened in dawning comprehension.

While Quil might not have been present for the dance that so plagued Ryan's memories, the Typhlosion had been directly responsible for the one thing that had finally made Sonja snap at Ryan; the straw that broke the Camerupt's back, as the saying went. He had, albeit under Ryan's orders, knocked Sophia Baron off of a tall platform in Fortree, bearing no regard to whether the Ford agent survived the fall.

"I never realized you held as much regret as I do. Our bond is strong," Ryan muttered, his voice wrought with irony. "Perhaps too strong. You can't be afraid to stand up to me if you think my judgement's clouded." He gave a heavy sigh, resting a hand on the Typhlosion's shoulder. "In that case, Sonja was able to knock some sense into me, and later on so was Ray. But you... you're my first line of defense, Quil. I know it's a lot to ask, but I trust you to be there for me when no one else can be. Because you're more than just my partner; you're my friend, I daresay my best friend."

Quil's mouth curved into as well of a smile as a Typhlosion could manage as he wrapped his arms around his friend. He would always be there for Ryan, just as Ryan would always be there for him.

IC: Shannon

The girl likely would have continued snuggling with her Pokémon for the rest of the day had the nurse not happened to walk in on the scene. "What is this?!" the nurse asked with a cluck of her tongue, scuttling forward with a look of indignation at such an obvious violation of hospital protocol. "What is this! When I said she could have visitors, I specifically said only during visitation hours, and no physical contact, and no more than two visitors at a time! Sweet Arceus, how is this girl ever going to get any better if she's up talking to visitors all day? And now look, you've got fur all over the sheets..."

The nurse clucked her tongue again and pointed toward the door. "Out! Out!"

Selena took one look at the nurse and darted into the small space behind Shannon's neck, looking much like an overgrown scarf. She had already spent several days apart from Shannon, and they had been the worst days of her life. Selena was not about to leave her trainer again.

Shannon, meanwhile, blushed and stammered. "I-I'm sorry. It was my fault really, I just really wanted to see my Pokémon..."

"I don't care whose fault it is," the nurse said tartly, picking up a shuddering Sousa and pressing him into Ryan's arms. "All I care about is seeing my patient make a healthy and timely recovery, and this is absolutely, undeniably counterproductive!"

"S-sorry..."

When Selena refused to budge, the nurse reached over to try and pick up the Furret herself. Selena responded with an explosion of furious squeaks and chitters as the thrashed about to try and escape the nurse's grip.

"Oh, Selena," Shannon said sadly. "I know you don't want to leave me, but it's for the best."

While it may have been for the best, to Selena it was unacceptable. When the nurse held tight despite Selena's desperate squirms, the Furret let loose a loud Hyper Voice. A sharp clattering sound rose above the echoes of the attack, and a shrill beep pierced the air. The nurse let finally let go of the Furret as she flew backwards, falling amid a clutter of equipment on the floor.

Selena leapt back onto the bed to cuddle against Shannon. But something was wrong. The girl had rolled onto her side, her face contorted in pain. The sheets near her right arm were stained dark red. On the floor, the fallen heart monitor emitted a monotonous, sharp beep. Cords running from the machine ended in large, flat pads that had presumably once been attached to Shannon's body. Now they touched only the cold tile. Next to the heart monitor, the rack of IV fluids had also fallen and ruptured, and the needle that had been ripped from Shannon's arm now lay strewn amidst the debris.

The Furret looked from the stunned nurse to the pale-faced Ryan, and back to Shannon, who was finding no comfort from the intense pain that wracked her body. In that instant, Selena's anger melted away into horror.

What had she done?

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

IC: Evan Tierra

Landorus was struck in the chest by the Fury Cutter, which sent him back a little ways. Growling, the "Guardian of Fields" countered with a rushing Brick Break towards Bisharp. "I must admit you are strong, swordsman." Landorus spoke softly. "But it shall be I who wins this contest."

"Earthquake, now!" Evan spoke powerfully, as he braced himself for what was to come. "Show them what you can do!"

Landorus nodded as he lowered himself to the ground, closed his eyes, and laid his hands to the ground. The ground began to vibrate, growing in intensity with each moment that passed. "Most pokemon use their roars to perform this attack." Landorus said in a gentle voice. "I simply beseech the land to move according to my wishes."

OOC: Wow. This is Ney-unbelievable. : o

Welp, welcome back! : p You're asking for quite a recap, but I think by and large we can fill you in. Until we can compile more recent story info, I'd suggest looking through the Discussion Topic for any information that might be there. =)

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

-==IC: Lucia/Jamie(Jam)==-

Lucia stretched her arms out, as she gazed up at the grey ceiling. She was completely and utterly bored. This was not something that she was used to, but the days had been just the sort that even she couldn't think of anything to do. She did not feel like leaving Jamie by herself with the injured Guinevere, no matter how much that might alleviate her boredom. No; that was an idea that could not even be considered. Lucia glanced down the hazel coloured walls, as she thought over the past few days since Guinevere had been moved. The healer had tried to check on Shannon, but found she was not allowed visitors; even of the healer variety. She had, however, helped out Jamie when needed. The other girl seemed to be just as restless, if not more, however the care of Guinevere took precedence to her for that precise moment. But even that didn't seem to be enough.

Lucia sat up, as she adjusted her borrowed shirt. An idea had come to mind - multiple ideas, to be precise, but it would require figuring out what to do with her friend. Lucia trudged through the halls, ignoring the stares at her for her outfit, as she headed to Guin's room. It tended to double for Jamie's room at this point, since she was there just about every waking hour - and then some. As she made her way toward it, however, another thought crossed her mind. Taking the slightest of detours, she peered into Shannon's room for a moment. Although the day was still just young, she expected there to be a semi-alert and awake young woman and the nurse that was so strict. Perhaps it was the fact that it was so early, despite how awake Lucia herself was that surprised her. Or perhaps, it was the sight of her aunt in a chair, as if keeping vigil to make sure nothing even thought of harming Shannon in her sleep; for both were indeed still asleep.

As quiet as she was in approaching, the healer closed the door quietly, not wanting to disturb anyone in the room, and proceeded back down the hall. Lucia allowed herself a small smile. She knew that for as tough as her aunt was, she had a very big soft spot for people. The thought was still in her mind, as she knocked on the door to Guinevere's room. It was more a formality, and also to allow Jamie to know that someone was approaching, and not to be startled.

"Come in!" Jamie called from inside the room.

Inside the room was Jamie who was changing the bandages that covered Guinevere's wounds that still remained.. Pokemon Centers were great and all, but some wounds refused to heal so easily. Some wounds (namely those caused by giant explosions intended to kill) needed time in addition to the wonders of modern technology, and they needed to be cared for the old-fashioned way. Jamie had needed tutoring regarding how to properly bandaged someone. Her first attempts resulted in the near mummification of Guinevere. Lucia had showed the proper way to not do that, much to Guinevere's relief. Grummore was standing behind her in case a Heal Pulse was needed and Pelleas was making Jamie's bed. Jamie wasn't wearing her usual attire (or any of its indistinguishable alternates) because she hadn't had a chance to get her clothes from Abyss and the one she had with her was both bad for taking care of patients and, more pressing, dirty. Instead she was borrowing the outfit Lucia had brought to Celadon, it having been washed first. She needed to borrow clothes from Lucia before she could buy her own, but was thankfully spared some of Lucia's more... eccentric outfits (to the relief of Pelleas and Guinevere).

Lucia gave a small smile, as she noticed everything happening inside the room. "Looks good on you." She commented, just as she tended to do every time she saw Jamie in the outfit. She glanced at Guinevere with a small wave, as she seemed to almost be ready for the day at hand. "So, what have you got planned for today, anyway?" The healer asked her friend with a smile, wondering if the other girl was as bored as she was.

"Well Guinevere still needs someone to take care of her..." Jamie said hesitantly looking towards the Gardevoire.

Do not worry about me, I think I will be okay by myself for a while, or with just Sir Grummore here watching over me.

"Well, alright. There is something I did want to do..." Jamie said standing up and fidgeting her fingers. "So... you know how I don't actually come from here, right?"

"Yeah?"

"I was wondering if you could show me around the city so I can familiarize myself with the layout. I still need to keep my cover story up. The truth is top-secret Rocket information. Actually telling you was probably a huge breach of conduct, so please keep that under wraps. I didn't actually think about it in the moment, but it kinda was..." Jamie said sheepishly as she realized her mistake. "Did I do bad, Pelleas?"

The 'thumbs-up' the Heracross gave in response told her 'worth it'.

Lucia smiled in response, as she walked over. "I think it was a good idea. What do you think, though?" She asked curiously, as she tried to help her friend in that way. "I think that showing you around town would be a great idea..." She kept to herself the fact that forcing someone to keep their origins quiet was probably not the best thing for that person. Especially when that person had been so nervous about it, from what she could tell when Jamie explained before.

"I think telling you was a good idea. Telling anyone that I told you however sounds like a bad idea."

Jamie disposed of the old bandages and put away the roll of bandages that she just used. 

"While we are out, we should stop by the Rocket Base in Celadon and look into the brother of that boy. The one who..." Jamie glanced towards Guinevere "You know."

Wait, wait. Hold on a moment, Guinevere strained to both lean her head up and use telepathy. Grummore motioned for her to lie back down and used his psychic ability to help her focus. The Slowking (at least all but the shell on the head) was curious about what was just said as well. The word was unfamiliar, but the Gardevoir in front of him knew and so did Pelleas. He would learn one way or another.You told her that you are a clone?

It took Jamie to that moment to remember that there were those in the room that she had not told yet, "Um, yeah. Sorry, was I not supposed to?" 

Well no, you said so yourself, but that is beside the point. I am just glad you found someone you could trust enough to tell that to. I just did not know you told anyone, she said a tired smile on her face.

"Well that's because I told her after, well, the explosion."

Guinevere's slight nod showed her understanding.

I apologize for interrupting.

"Hey Lucia, could we exit the room? I think Guinevere is about to try to nap."

Lucia nodded, as she had stayed quiet while everyone was talking. When her attention was caught by Jamie addressing her once again, she nodded, and left the room with the other Rocket, leaving Guinevere in the room. The healer thought for a moment, as she mulled over the question.

"I agree that it might be an idea, but we should see how the rest of the day goes." Lucia started, and chuckled. "After all, we probably don't want to leave Guin alone too long. If we have the time, though, I say we do check in on him." The look on her face darkened a bit, as she thought back to the injured Gardevoir. "I think I have some choice words for him."

Pelleas and Grummore followed Jamie outside. Pelleas, Jamie reasoned, could go with her the rest of the day, but Grummore would not wander too far unless some of Lucia's Pokemon stayed behind.

"I have only three, 'Pelleas, Close Combat!'" Jamie said smirking, the Heracross wearing a dark grin.

Shouldn't they be 'You're under arrest? Grummore offered to Jamie.

"Um... good point," Jamie said sheepishly, as she remembered that violence was not the answer, least not until he resisted arrest. "Yeah, we should do that instead. Arrest him so he can face justice. Oh also, we might not have time today, but there is something that I need to look into when I have the chance."

"Look into?" Lucia looked over at Jamie curiously, as she wondered what that might be.

"Yeah, um," Jamie said as she awkwardly searched for the way to bring up this conversation. "Do you know anyone named Evan Tierra? He is apparently known as 'The Hero of Space'. Apparently Zach and the others who were at the Olivine Garden might know who he is."

Lucia scratched her head at the mention of that. "Hmm... I don't know anyone named Evan, no. But, I might text Ryan when we get back, who might be able to ask. I mean, last I heard, Ryan had gone adventuring with the others from the Olivine Garden, so... Ryan might be able to ask."

"Alright, thank you," Jamie said smiling. "It's important, but it waited this long, it can wait until we get back. I will tell you why when we do."

"Alright then." Lucia nodded, and smiled a bit. "So then, shall we get going?"

"Yes, let's."

IC - Ethan Worth/Gavin Braner - Chapel, Arenas:

"Whatever works for you two," Ethan said. "Granted, I think I speak for both Gavin and myself when I say that we might need to see your Pokémon before deciding on our own." He nodded at Madison. "Not to stereotype or anything, but if you've only got one, then it seems like a safe thing to assume that our teams may be more experienced--and I don't want to send out my strongest, if that's the case."

"Unless you'd prefer that," Gavin added. "It's up to you."

IC - Kyle Eston/Esen Windred/Victoire Coleman/Cero - Anistar City, Preparing to Leave:

"Don't worry--she's friendly."

To demonstrate the point, Esen stepped forward, gently resting a hand against the Noivern's snout while she ran the other through its mane. If the Sound Wave Pokémon could purr, she likely would've, although she nevertheless contented herself by tilting her head, eyes half-closed. As if jealous of the attention that his mother was receiving, the Noibat on her back climbed up to Esen, chirping at her until she relented and picked him up.

Kyle held back, gripping the strap of his bag tightly against his chest. Four days ago, he had been unconscious in a hospital bed, stuck in his head as he recovered from his encounter with the Signs. Three days ago, he had finally woken up. Two days ago, he had remained bedridden, until finally--just yesterday--he had been discharged from Morningside Hospital. Over the course of that time, Esen, Cero, and Victoire had made a point of filling him in on the finer details of what all had happened, including those involving Noivern.

Esen, in particular, was excited for him to meet the pair of Pokémon.

He had been dreading it.

It wasn't that he couldn't appreciate them--their sheer majesty and the impressive power evident in their builds, nor the role that they had played in helping rescue him. Far from it. He owed them--at least Noivern--his life, and he wouldn't soon forget that. But he also couldn't forget the circumstances under which he had been captured. He didn't like it, but a natural association had been born. And because of that, Kyle wasn't sure when--or if--he would be able to go near a Noivern or Noibat again without remembering, with too much clarity, the pain and terror that Shift had wrought upon him.

To his relief, Esen appeared to sense his discomfort. To his surprise, she rectified the situation by pulling out a pair of Poké Balls, which she used to recall the two Sound Wave Pokémon, after giving each of them a loving pat on their muzzles. "You got a Noivern after all, huh?" Kyle asked.

Esen nodded. "I would've preferred to leave them to help protect the others from Shift," she said. "But they wanted to come with me. I'm guessing it has to do with the increased police activity in the area, now that they know what's going on there." She shrugged. "Too many people and loud noises for their comfort."

Kyle managed only a weak smile in response. "I doubt they'll be any more free of that with us."

"Maybe with you," Esen corrected. "But I'm generally pretty good at avoiding big conflicts--at least, when I'm not being dragged into them." She playfully nudged his arm. "That does remind me, though . . ." She opened her backpack, producing a black egg tipped with orange, and bearing four white marks around its mid-body. Esen held it out to Kyle.

He stared at it, and then looked at her. "Where did this come from?"

"It was my prize for winning in the Battle Expo," Esen said. "I don't want to sound callous, but . . . it's not the type of Pokémon that I'm comfortably with, so I was wondering if you would want to take it."

Kyle considered the offer for several moments. Finally, he reached forward, resting his hands on the egg's surface. He had a fairly solid idea of what it would eventually hatch into--particularly since the egg was much, much warmer than Suicune's, suggesting it was, in fact, a Fire-Type Pokémon. Gently, he lifted it from Esen's hands, before carefully placing it in his own bag. He and Esen watched each other for a moment in silence, before Kyle moved forward to give her a hug--much to her surprise.

Before long, he pulled back, smiling. "Thanks for everything, Esen."

Esen fell silent, watching him. She placed her hands on his shoulders, offering her own, smaller smile.

"Hey." Cero's voice caught both by surprise, causing them to jump. He didn't appear to react to their response, instead only nodding his head in the direction of the road. "Time to go."

OOC:

Kyle:

spritzee_zpsff4fb938.gif

Species: Spritzee.

Nickname: Taia.

Trainer: Kyle Eston.

Appearance: Taia looks like a fairly standard Spritzee.

Personality: As befitting her role as a healer, Taia is a very gentle soul. While still young, she is nonetheless a motherly figure to both her new trainer and to her fellow teammates, and acts in whatever ways she can to keep them well--sometimes to stifling levels.

Ability: Healer.

Specialty: Taia specializes in support moves, with a slight emphasis on defense over offense.

Known Moves: Aromatherapy, Misty Terrain, Sweet Scent, Sweet Kiss.

+Unknown Egg

Esen:

-Noivern--(Telepathy): Boomburst, Roost, Dragon Pulse, Hurricane, Agility.

-Noibat--(Infiltrator): Gust, Agility, Supersonic, Roost.

IC:

Smile.

Smile.

That word--smile.

Amazing how a word can look the way it sounds!

How it can sound just the way the action looks!

Ehe he he heee heee hee . . .

Frown.

Frown.

That word--frown.

What a sad word, that frown.

If it didn't look just like it sounds and sound just like it looks,

I'd just have to chop it up and gobble it down.

Frown. Down.

Crown. Clown. Gown. Drown.

How can things so bad rhyme with things so good?

So bright and positive?

So sunny?

Clown. Clown.

What makes a clown so scary, huh?

Gives us a chance, won't ya?

I promise it's just our make-up.

I promise it's just our masks.

We're just people like you, after all.

Gimme a hug.

chomp.

Edited by Parugi

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

IC: Lachina Adaon

Aolani burst into the room with a piercing screech, eyeing her opponents. The Altaria narrowed her eyes at the Exegcutor, opening her mouth to charge a sphere with dragon energy and fire the resulting Dragon Pulse, going to charge another one immediately after launching the attack.

Lachina looked around the scene, attempting to take in as much as she could. Her eyes widened at the state Mercury was in, how he seemed to be lost in rage despite being wounded. "Mercury, you're wounded!" she called out, running to behind him. "Please, you have to stand back and get treatment, before the injury worsens!"

Haven't seen one of these in a long time...

IC

He would gut them! Their organs would be scattered across the Kanto region! He would--

And then Lachina was there, calling out to him. Pain clouded his vision as he felt the muscles and skin stretching around his wound. With a soft gasp, the aura wielder dropped to his knees, feet from the Arcanine.

Taking a deep breath to center himself, he let the pain wash away. He stood, slowly, and silently ordered Anubis back to his side. He glared at the woman who had remained behind. "Leave. Take your pokémon and leave. We won't follow you, this time." The words were less threatening than before, but they were as cold as ice, as sharp as a blade. The words weren't threatening, but the tone was.

IC: Kalos Team

Xander smiled as he watched his young pokémon start training. Vixen eagerly attempted the Eruption, but was only able to release a small burst of embers from her mouth. The Fennekin pouted at this turn of events, releasing another blast in anger. Ellen hung back, watching the antics quietly. She barked encouragement, however, instinctively using Helping Hand.

The next blast of Embers burned a little hotter, sizzling as it hit the ocean. Vixen barked cheerfully, turning to Flare with pride.

"So Alku, happy 'was that a firecracker or shotgun?' day!"

"Hard mode: I'm in the south."

"Planning was never Zac Blazer's forte." - Blade, mastering the art of the understatement.

"We'll have to change the initials of the RPG from RotR to PTSD." - Me, discussing Rise of the Rockets.

-==IC: Jenny==-

As Jenny was walking around, Feral Tierra stirred around. As much as he wanted to get out, he knew he couldn't escape. The Spacial Horror had no power left, and to make matters worse, this insufferably cheery girl grated his nerves. Nonetheless, he had nothing to do, and while he could think of many nasty things to say to his captor, he had a better idea to use his time.

"What are you planning to accomplish with that battle declaration?" Feral asked, his tone oddly less harsh than usual. "What do you plan to get out of it? I know you humans. You are always looking to get something out of everything."

"Battle declaration?" Jenny seemed confused for the moment, as she stopped for a moment, looking nowhere in particular, to address the trapped Feral. "What do you mean?"

"With that man, you airhead." Feral replied to Jenny, his tone still oddly soft. "You asked him for a battle. What I am curious about is why you are battling him?"

"Well, he's been keeping away from most of us; so I wanted to get him to open up a bit with a battle. Besides, I want to test myself a bit too... and I get the feeling Gnip will want this fight as well." The girl kept a warm smile, not seeming to have any ulterior motives other than what she actually mentioned.

"Why would that creature want this?" Feral snorted rudely. "What would make this battle more important to her, compared to the other battles she's had? All she does is fight and fight. I bet battling has lost it's meaning to her!"

"You're wrong." Jenny smiled at the sky, as she chuckled. "It has not lost any meaning at all. You've never truly fought for the right reasons... so you can't really know, can you? But no, this would have a very important meaning anyway." She continued to walk forward. "Do you know who he is?"

"No, I don't know who any of you are." Feral replied softly. "Should I know who that man is? He does seem awfully familiar......"

"He was the one in control of Zekrom at Dragonspiral Tower."

"So, he's the one who killed that foolish 'Hero'?" Feral replied, seeming quite curious. "He did that? For what reason, if any?"

"I don't think it was truly his intent to kill, to be honest." Jenny sighed. "He was lost in himself, close to his goal at the time, and I would imagine that he underestimated Zekrom's actual strength." She closed her eyes for a moment, seeming to go back to that day. "I don't blame him for what happened... though I think it was foolish of him. He seems to get that, though, and in the end, things worked out. Would you continually blame someone who actively regrets things, and probably will for the rest of their life?"

"Given who I am....." Feral mused calmly. "I'd say no, because I have better things to do than to dwell on the past."

"Then you sorta understand." Jenny smiled, and chuckled. "That said... I'm sure Gnip will appreciate the chance to maybe let out her feelings on the matter, since she hasn't really had a chance to."

"I was wondering what that was about....." Feral replied, chuckling a bit himself. "Back when I was 'alive' and had her shadow self, I could feel that dragon had something on her mind....."

Jenny smiled a bit. "See? You do get it. Battles mean more to her than just fighting in general... but this fight, in particular, will allow her to deal with her frustration in a controlled manner... maybe it might even help everyone out in the long run." She began to hum, as she walked forward once again, seeming to be looking around for something.

"Maybe........you people may not be like other humans...." Feral replied as he yawned a bit. "Maybe that dragon.............treasures fighting because it's one of the few ways she can express herself?"

"It's possible. I don't think it's the only way... but, who knows, you might have a point about why she likes battles so much." Jenny giggled, and stretched slightly, yawning herself. She pouted a bit at that. "Hey, no fair, you're not even visible, and still made me yawn."

"I'm tired, what do you want from me, airhead?" Feral replied playfully. "Maybe you aren't so bad after all......"

Jenny chuckled in response, and smiled. "You too, really. You're not really that bad, for a 'shadow' person." She began to hum again, as she noticed a spot, and smiled more, beginning to get to work.

Quick on his feet, Bisharp propelled himself away from Landorus, barely avoiding the Brick Break by a hair's breadth. The sudden reverse in direction threw the Sword Blade Pokémon off balance however, and he found himself susceptible to the Legendary's next attack.

Even Paul had to brace himself as the very mountain upon which they stood trembled under Landorus' power. Boulders as large as the Legendary Pokémon itself tumbled down the steep slopes, dislodged from their resting place by the resonating earthquake. The blacksmith's eyes widened as he realized how wise Evan had been to bring their battle to an unpopulated area. Landorus truly was a force of nature.

Caught in the midst of the tremors, Bisharp was unable to do much of anything. Landorus had turned the very mountain on which they stood into an attack, and Bisharp had no safe place to stand. Yet he wasn't content to just wait out the attack. Bisharp reached out with his own power, feeling the sharp edged rocks that had become loosened in the earthquake. Ignoring the constant tremors, Bisharp willed the stones he'd found to fly up out of the earth and strike Landorus where he stood; the dark/steel type knew it took a considerable amount of effort to move a mountain, and he was counting on his foe being too preoccupied with the Earthquake to notice the smaller Stone Edge.

IC: Dack/Madison/Luke

"I'll let you decide which of your Pokémon would make the best match-up," Madison said. She took the lone Pokéball off her belt and tossed it into the air, summoning her Frosslass. Anzu floated over to Ethan and Gavin, greeting the two Rockets with a breath of cool air. "I'd be careful about underestimating her though," the skier added with the slightest hint of a smirk. "Anzu's tougher than she looks."

Dack chose to keep his own doubts to himself. If Madison truly believed she could stand up to two veteran Rocket agents, he would just have to give her enough support to let her meet her aspirations. He had been torn between using his faster Luxray and the more defensive Bastiodon, and he ultimately decided the latter would allow for better type coverage. Not to mention, the Shield Pokémon was better suited for defending Anzu against any fire or rock types they might come across. "As for my Pokémon," he said, moving a hand toward his belt, "I've decided on-"

With a burst of light, Teddy released himself from his Pokéball. The little Teddiursa quickly leapt into a battle-ready stance and bared his fangs. "Not Teddy," Dack said sternly. He snatched a ball off his belt and aimed to recall the bear cub, but Madison laid a gentle hand on his arm.

"Why not use Teddy?" she asked. "He looks really eager to battle, and I think he could learn a thing or two from the experience."

"But-" Dack tried to ignore Luke's guffawing laughter as he saw his hastily-crafted battle strategy fall apart before his eyes. And yet Madison did have a point; out of all his Pokémon Teddy was by far the weakest, and it was better for the bear cub to learn in a practice battle among friends than in the heat of a real fight where the stakes were higher. "Alright, I'll use Teddy," he finally agreed as Teddy leapt into Madison's arms to snuggle with the skier.

Ryan stood in shook at what had occurred. Trying to get his wits back in order, the black haired trainer took a step towards the bed, and leaned forward to try and scoop the Furret up. He was worried about what had happened, and sighed, as he tried to think of some way he could help at least take her mind off the pain. "I'm sorry... I have to go; talk later, alright? I hope you feel better..." He said, as he quickly gave her a kiss on the cheek without even thinking about it.

He wished he could do more to help her, but as he noticed the nurse beginning to regain her composure and anger, Ryan knew that the best thing to do was to get out of the room before the nurse decided to take care of the mess a different way. With a final worried glance back at the girl, he walked out of the room, and began to head back to where the Pokemon had been kept before.

-==IC: Vermillion==-

The woman looked at Mercury for a moment or two more, but then nodded, as she recalled her Pokemon, and began to quietly walk away once more.

"Wait!" Payton near growled, as she finally managed to pull herself together long enough to react. "Who even are you, and why...?" The quiet woman gave her a look, as she seemed almost sad.

"We are the Vermillion company. We wish... well... you'll find that out soon enough..." The woman quietly stepped toward the hole in the wall, amidst protests from Payton. After a few moments, the entire room few silent again. That is, until Payton kicked the now dead David's hospital bed in frustration.

IC: Olivia Seaton

"Tell me about it. Meeting Anna was nice and all, but this is much more like it." Olivia replied. The red-haired girl looked around and cracked a smile at the familiar surroundings, grinning at Chloe. "Good thing we changed out of our heavy winter clothes, otherwise we'd be cooking. Anyways, Amethyst didn't drop us off too far from the house. Follow me, the streets should look familiar soon." she said, locking arms with her friend as they walked through the city. 

Soon enough the two of them walked in front of a small blue-gray door. "Alright Chloe, be sure to be smiling when Mom and Poppy answer the door." Olivia reminded Chloe, ringing the doorbell.

IC: Aspen Seaton

Flare nodded approvingly and complimented Vixen for getting the hang of things so quickly. The Quilava went on to advise the young Pokemon to not become frustrated by a lack of progress at first, and reminded her that mastering moves took time. He explained how even his Eruption was untrained, and not at all perfected, reassuring the Fennekin that one day her moves will be as powerful, if not superior in strength to his own. Then he repeated his advice from earlier, encouraging Vixen to keep trying.

Meadow turned to Eevee and reminded her to keep her encouragement from providing direct aid. Torrent scoffed, telling the Roselia to let Ellen do whatever she pleased. using the moment to continue bragging about his prowess. The Buizel quickly stopped when Meadow primed a Magical Leaf attack, hastily turning his speech into an encouraging message for the young Pokemon. Pleased, the Thorn Pokemon dissipated the attack, smiling at the Eevee.

"They're getting along well, huh?" Aspen noted, chuckling. "Well, yours are, mostly. Mine... Well, they've got their own dynamics." he said, shrugging.

Lachina blinked when the mysterious gunmen just walked off. However, the Ranger turned to Payton, wordlessly placing a hand on her shoulder. "I'm... I'm sorry I allowed this to happen. If only I had done something else..." she muttered, shaking her head. "I'll make this up to you, somehow. That I promise." 

IC: Mercury

He watched the woman go, and turned to Payton and Lachina. "We'll get them next time." With those words,he stalked out of hte room, bringing a hand up to the wound on his shoulder.

They would get the people next time, and he would make them pay for it. It was just a matter of when and how.

IC: Belle LaDonna and Alma Mason

Belle took her leave in the aftermath of the skirmish, exiting through the same hole that the aggressors had fled through. She had an appointment to make on the docks. As she walked through the city, she thought of everything that had just happened.

Good riddance, she thought. Don't wanna stick around this joint with stuff like that going on. The sooner she was out of Vermilion, the better.

Approaching the docks, she instantly spied here new partner. THe girl stood out like a sore thumb on the dock, wearing her elegant white dress with an odd brown pattern. Belle took in the ghostly skin and hair, the blood-red eyes, and shuddered.

Alma Mason smiled as the collector approached her. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Belle. Are you ready to go? We can get tickets for the next ship to Unova right over here."

The way the girl spoke unnerved Belle, and the purple-haired trainer just nodded, not even bothering to introduce herself. For once, she had no interest in chatting with someone who would be helping her.

The two got their tickets and prepared to board the S.S. Riptide to Unova.

IC: Kalos Quartet

Xander nodded happily, watching as his pokémon continued to learn from the more experienced team. "Someday, we should have a small exhibition match. Sort of like what Tierra and I got up to on the boat." That fight had gotten his blood pumping, and he was eager to repeat the experience.

Sylph was focusing, watching Xander and Dahlia's minds as they reacted to things around them. For now, they were both fairly relaxed. Once they tapped into abilities, that would change, and she would have to watch where they were focusing for each power. Xander would be simple enough; his mind was intimately familiar to her, a complete map. Dahlia's would be harder, though. Her mind, and the Reverse Powers, were completely uncharted territory. Sylph, meanwhile, was weighing the pros and cons of practicing her own abilities on her off-side.

Ellen and Vixen continued watching the older group interact with each other. Vixen found their bickering amusing, and happily let loose with more Embers that sizzled on the sand and in the water. Ellen, meanwhile, shied back from Meadow's reprimand. How else was she supposed to use her support move? She only had a couple of attacks that dealt damage, and one of those required her to build up to it with her other attacks.

As the Buizel and Roselia fought, however, Ellen couldn't help but find it amusing. They bickered, but she could see there was trust between them. With a small bark, she kicked up a cloud of sand towards Vixen, blinding the Fennekin as she attempted to use her next Ember.

Xander yelped, hopping back and balancing precariously on one foot as he tried to shake the sparks off of his jeans. "Maybe we should give them a bit of space, eh?"

"Planning was never Zac Blazer's forte." - Blade, mastering the art of the understatement.

"We'll have to change the initials of the RPG from RotR to PTSD." - Me, discussing Rise of the Rockets.

-==IC: Chloe==-

Chloe took a deep breath, as she nodded. She seemed nervous, as she waited for the door to open, and felt like her heart would beat out of her chest. "Right..." She gave a small smile that seemed to falter a bit, but tried to keep a hold of her courage. She could do this... it just didn't feel like it right then.

-==IC: Payton==-

Payton shook her head. "No. It's my fault. I let them go by, there was nothing else you could have done." She frowned grimly. "I want to know why she was there, though..." The woman looked at the hole in the wall, seemingly distracted. "Come on, let's go."

-==IC: Vermillion - Unknown Mansion, Vermillion City==-

"Sir." The gunslinger burst into the room, as the ringleader looked up. The man looked a tad annoyed, but seemed calm. The two simply stared at each other for a few moments, as even the rest of the mansion seemed deadly quiet for once.

"Yes...?" The man finally asked. "What do you want, Vivian?" He spoke patiently, his tone not betraying any emotion at being interrupted. The woman seemed caught off guard for a moment, but steeled herself once again.

"Can you tell me... why my sister was at the hospital this afternoon?" Vivian had a cold look on her face, but the man seemed to just shrug it off. He smiled, which seemed even more unnerving to the gunslinger, but she didn't back down. "You said that no-one would get involved; especially her. Was she involved in-"

"Calm down." The man said simply, as he chuckled slightly. "It is not an issue." He snapped his fingers. "There, she won't be harmed. Is that it? You know our mission. You know why we are doing this, and what the consequences would be otherwise. Do you wish to abandon our mission now?"

"No, but-"

"Then it is not something you are required to worry about." The man smiled again. "Have faith, and you shall be rewarded. The will of the Vermillion company must be done, or there will be consequences. Do you understand?"

"... Yes, sir."

IC: Evan Tierra and Landorus

Before he could see the attack coming, the Stone Edge struck Landorus near his right eye, opening up a wound that bled slowly. The Earthquake stopped as he looked at Paul's Bisharp, not with malice, but with what appeared to be pride. "It's not often that one manages to wound me so...." the Abudance pokemon rumbled. "As a reward for your effort and courage, I shall show you my ultimate mastery of the Land!"

As he spoke, what appeared to be sand started to swirl around Landorus, a golden light emanationg from his body. Landorus struck what appeared to be a meditative posture, as the sand began to twist and roil around him, the sand shining like golden powder. The light intensified as the whirl of sand began to swallow the Bisharp into it's core.

"Behold my ultimate technique: The Divine Sandstorm!" Landorus roared. "A powerful version of my own Sandstorm that can pierce even those who would shrug a normal Sandstorm off!"

Small scratches appeared on Landorus' skin as the sand whirled around. This attack allowed him to harness his Ability and Sandstorm as one. The trade off being that not even he was immune to it. Evan looked in wonder as he tried to understand just how mighty this attack was. He had seen many things, but nothing as terribly beautiful as this.......

Edited by Hades

The door opened, answered by an initially confused Rose. The older woman's eyes slowly widened however, when she saw Olivia standing on the porch, causing her to look back in stunned silence. "...Olivia? Olivia! You're safe!" the Seaton mother exclaimed, drawing her daughter into a crushing hug. "Your father and I have been worried beyond all belief! I saw the news the other day, and saw you in Sootopolis, and we just, oh thank heavens you're alright..." Rose said, sighing in relief as she held her daughter close. "Where's Aspen and Dahlia though? Are they still okay?"

"Y-yeah, things have been crazy, but me and the others are alright." Olivia responded, returning the hug to her mother. "Aspen and Dahlia are traveling with some new friends to rescue a little girl we met back in Sootopolis. Sorry we didn't contact you more, only now have I really gotten a chance to slow down, but I'll get the two of them to talk to you again soon." the red-haired trainer promised.

Rose smiled wider at that, moving back. "That would be excellent, thank you..." she replied. Up until then, it seemed the gardener did not notice Chloe at all, but that quickly changed when she turned her head over at the other girl. "Oh...! Have we... Met each other?" Rose asked. Her face's expression shifted around, and the Seaton mother blinked when looking at the person next to Olivia. Something seemed familiar to her, but she wasn't sure what it was...

Lachina bit her lip for a moment, not sure what to say. "...Y-yeah. We should get Mercury some medical treatment first, but then let's regroup and figure out where to go next." she said. The Ranger frowned at the current state of Payton, but knew her attempts at reassurement wouldn't reach the woman in this state...

IC: Aspen/Dahlia Seaton

Aspen couldn't help but burst out into laughter when Xander quickly put out the embers on his pants, nodding. "Yeah, though it seems Ellen's much more of a lover, not a fighter." he pointed out. "Not sure how well my Pokemon can handle that, but they can figure something out. But yeah! That battle you had with Evan was amazing, I'd love to take part in a match like that too!" the youngest Seaton said enthusiastically. "Heck, maybe we can figure out something today? Rope everyone up and have a spectacle out on display again. I mean, if we can do it, why the heck not?"

Dahlia breathed deeply, reaching down to pick up a rock. She closed her eyes and tried to follow what Ryan had advised her to do, and empty her mind of everything but the sensations she wanted to feel. The weight of the rock in her hands, the roaring waves beyond the shore, and the cool breeze running by. Then the gardener quickly flicked her wrist, with the rock sailing afterwards into the water, dropping in like a stone.

"...This is going to take a while." she said, and sighed.  

Chloe smiled a bit nervously, and nodded slightly. "Umm... Kinda." She said, as she gathered her courage. "My name is Chloe, um, but you kinda know me already... Just in a different way..." She scratched her head slightly, as she tried to figure out how to explain better, feeling more nervous now that she was actually being addressed.

IC: Mercury and Anubis

The duo walked past stunned nurses and doctors, ignoring the looks of concern as they made their way back to the waiting room. The wound in Mercury's shoulder was minor enough not to conern him despite Lachina's worry. The silver-haired trainer collapsed into a chair and closed his eyes.

Anubis stood behind him, arms crossed. He could see turmoil in his friend, had seen it since he's been revived at the Pokémon Center. Something had shifted in Mercury, and Anubis had a sneaking suspicion to what it was. The rage that the young man displayed, the savagery with which he attacked, spoke volumes to the Lucario.

The worst part, though, was being unable to help his frined. With Mercury's memories still coming to him in bits and pieces, there was little they could do to contest the monster inside of him. Meditation would help, but it would only slow the savage, instinctive side that took over when Mercury fought. Until Mercury had full awareness of his past and his abilities, they could not reseal the animal.

By then, it might be too late.

Xander smiled, shrugging. "Yeah, Ellen can only Tackle, as far as I know. Vixen more  than makes up for that, though." He grinned. "You want to battle? Today? That might work, yeah! Sylph, what do you think?"

I would enjoy that, I think. The Gardevoir smiled. Should we cut this field trip a bit short, then, or shall we finish practicing? She honestly wasn't sure what Dahlia had just been trying for when she dropped the rock. Sylph reached out, retrieving the stone and bringing it back to Dahlia.

The two foxes had heard the word 'battle' and stopped what they were doing to listen in. They had only seen one battle before now, between Paul and his daughter; they'd never seen their alphas perform. Vixen barked excitedly, and even Ellen pranced in place at the thought.

Bisharp gasped in pain as flecks of sand pelted him with enough force to chip away at his strong armor. Never in his life had he seen a sandstorm this powerful. At the very least the earthquake had ended, but the constant swirl of sand made it difficult for Bisharp to get back on his feet.

Paul had to take several steps backward to avoid getting his face torn up by the torrential sandstorm. He grimaced at the sight of Bisharp struggling to his feet. Landorus was forcing his hand; the longer Paul held back and analyzed the situation, the more the Divine Sandstorm would sap away Bisharp's strength. "Iron Defense!" he cried in a desperate attempt to buy more time.

As Bisharp hunkered down and attempted to defend himself against the sandstorm, Paul glanced toward Landorus. It was hard to tell through the raging sand, but the Legendary Pokémon had what looked like a number of scratches forming across his body. Was the Divine Sandstorm so powerful that not even its creator could stand against it unharmed?

If so, that could be the one opening they had. "Metal Claw!" the blacksmith called out. "Aim for the scratches!"

In the midst of the swirling sands, Bisharp had not noticed what his trainer had. Nevertheless, he leapt toward Landorus and prepared his attack. It was only as he drew closer that he noticed his enemy was covered in tiny scratches, as he himself likely was. One way or another, Bisharp had a feeling this battle would be over soon. It was not only a contest of strength, but one of endurance.

IC: Selena/Sousa

As Ryan walked through the halls, Sousa shook in his arm, which was to be expected. What made the situation unique was that, in his other arm, Selena was shaking worse.

The Furret's eyes were wide in shock, unfocused and completely unaware of her journey down the hall. In her mind's eye, she still saw Shannon, crying out in pain. Selena hadn't realized just how frail her trainer really was. How quickly she could go from joy to agony. And the worst of it was, it was all Selena's fault. She had been too rash, too... selfish.

Dimly the Furrent became aware that she was being carried. Even if she had the will to focus her gaze, her vision would have remained blurred through her tears. But her nose still functioned, and Selena picked up the now-familiar scent of Ryan Hikari. In the smallest of movements she pressed her head against his chest, seeking the black-haired man's comfort. Initially Selena had despised the man, blaming him for her isolation from Shannon. But as it turned out, they had something in common. They both cared deeply for Shannon.

And now, they had both caused her harm.

Rose looked even more confused after Chloe's explanation, rubbing the back of her head. "O-oh, really? I don't remember meeting a 'Chloe' before, though. Do... You come from one of Olivia's PE classes from middle school, maybe?" the Seaton mother guessed, chuckling awkwardly. "Sorry. I guess my memory's gone off over the years."

Olivia looked over at Chloe, and sighed. "Maybe this would help you remember." she said while grasping the other girl's hand. Then the eldest Seaton looked back to her mother with a small smile, gesturing with her free arm. "How about this?"

"Not... Particularly?" the older gardener admitted. "Not sure what you're trying to accomplish there, Olivia. Seems like something you would have done with Za-" she began, before pausing. Rose blinked, and turned to Chloe with a stunned expression. "...Wait. If she's doing that, then you're...?"

Aspen laughed at the enthusiasm of both Ellen and Vixen, finding their excitement over the potential battle to be infectious. "I mean, we'd probably have to gather everyone up again so we have an audience, but yeah! If we can do that, I'd love to get the chance to battle against you and Sylph!" he said with a grin. "That battle you had with Evan's Excadrill, oh man, that was amazing. I might not be as experienced as Evan, but I would like to think I'd be able to put on as much of a show. I mean, I dunno about Dahlia, but I don't think the duo of cuties are really in the mindset to train anymore, so uh, yeah." 

Dahlia turned around, and blinked. "Oh, our trip's over already?" the middle Seaton asked. "Hmm, but you wanted an audience, right? Maybe you should like, contact anyone you can and try wait and see if they reply before heading back?" she suggested. While she was smiling at Aspen's newfound enthusiasm, she had wanted to train her Reverse powers a little more, to the point where she could activate it on command at least.

"Hmm. Good point. I'll take care of that right now." Aspen said, taking out his Pokegear. He quickly typed out a message to the others in the group whose contact he had, asking if they were free and mentioning his plans for another exhibition match with Xander.

IC:

"Hey, you."

"Hm?"

"Yeah, I'm talking to you. I know you from somewhere?"

"I don't know... do you? I don't recognize you."

"Nah, you wouldn't. I know you, though."

"Hm. What do you want?"

"A favor."

"What kind of favor?"

"Oh, you know . . . the kind only someone of your moral . . . 'ambiguity' would be comfortable with."

"Hmm... name the favor, then, and we'll see."

"Your little paddleboat's carrying something of high value to me and my buddies. I want you to ensure it stays exactly where it is. Or, alternatively, deliver it to some pals of mine--you might be familiar with them . . ."

"Some pals? Do you mean...?"

"Déoza hasn't forgotten about you, bud."

"I see."

"Come on--don't be so frosty. At least I found you before they did, right?"

"That's true. . . Favors work both ways, right?"

"In this case . . . I'd say no. Unless I like what you're asking for."

"Hm. . . fine. I accept. . . . I will also make the delivery trip. I trust they know what they want."

"Fabulous! Just keep this trip going a little bit longer--hang out around your next couple of destinations or something, it doesn't matter to us. We'll be in contact soon. And don't worry--I'll make sure they go easy on you for leaving."

"Alright. What if there are... issues?"

"Oh, don't worry about that. It'll all work out."

"Alright. Is that everything?"

"I believe so."

"Alright then. I'll make sure things work out, then, as best as I can."

"Good; I expected nothing less from someone of your reputation. Ciao, for now."

• Upvote 1

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

Chloe blushed slightly, and nodded in response to Rose's realization. "H-hi..." She gave a nervous smile, unsure what else to actually say.

Ryan kept quiet, as he made his way back to the room. He held the two Pokemon close, knowing they both were not in a good state of mind at that moment. When he got back to the Pokemon Lounge Room, he noticed Stacy seemed worried, but didn't pay too much attention right then. He put the two Pokemon down, but continued to hug the Furret. "I might be a little while..." He looked over to his aunt with a sad smile. He wondered how this had happened, also realizing just how the situation had happened like what he had done. He looked down at Selena, and sighed. "It's alright."

-==IC: Payton==-

Half an hour had passed since the incident at the hospital. Payton had occupied herself with the PC in the corner of the hospital, but otherwise had not left. The other patients who had been in David's room had since been relocated elsewhere in the hospital, but the chaos that had occurred left an uneasy sort of gloom over the place of healing. As she scrolled through a web page, an error popped up, saying the connection to her PC had been lost. "What...?" Payton's musing was interrupted however, as she heard the hospital's main entrance open once again.

"Matt. Do you have news?" The woman asked, as she leaned back. Her team had been reassembled, and now consisted of an Aggron, a Poliwrath, and a Chansey. The man in question nodded his head, as he pulled out a tablet, and handed it for Payton to read.

"These people... there's not much info floating around. Definitely not like the early Rockets. But, what info there is, is interesting. All there is, is a vague mention of this 'Vermillion company', in regards to a mansion on the edge of town. Well... I did some digging." The man paused, as he attempted to scroll through the information. "... How odd..." Matt murmured, as his brow furrowed. "It must have froze..."

Payton looked up. Something didn't sit right with her. "... Was the internet working before you left?"

"It was, but it had crashed right before I left. I could scroll through it, however... Now, there's nothing."

The woman's thoughts had been confirmed. "The connection to my PC seemed to die right before you walked in. I have the feeling that, somehow, the tablet's causing the internet to die... and might be causing itself to crash, too. Forget it, we do this the old fashioned way. Do you remember anything about your digging?"

"Not enough; just that the connection between the mansion and that group's name was from over forty years ago."

"That's before the Rockets even existed..." Payton seemed confused, but nodded absentmindedly. "Come on, let's go get those other two, and then... let's go investigate that mansion. Get rid of that tablet, and bring your best Pokemon; I get the feeling we're in for a big fight."

Landorus saw the Bisharp coming, and took the attack head on. "A good effort, noble pokemon." the Abundance Pokemon rumbled with finality, as he noticed his wounds. "But the match is mine."

With those words, Landorus slugged Paul's Bisharp lightly, knocking it to the ground. "You are a worthy challenger, Paul Burks..." he spoke softly as the Divine Sandstorm began to wane. "Worthy of my respect. You have raised that pokemon of yours well."

"Yeah, good fight, Mr. Burks!" Evan called out happily as he held out his hand. "I don't think it would be fair to consider this fight a win or a loss. Both of our pokemon tried their hardest, right? So I'll agree to a draw, if you will."

Rose slowly beamed, and pulled Chloe into a gentle hug. "Don't worry, I'm not going to fly into a rage and shun you or anything like that. I mean, yes I'm caught off guard, but I'm not angry at you." she said reassuringly. The older woman pulled back, still smiling gently. "Though I would have preferred you be a bit more direct. I'm too old to be playing guessing games, and I've only just now started to see you again after a few years. But it's all good, why don't you twp come on in?" the gardener offered, stepping out of the doorway. 

Olivia smiled and looked over at Chloe. "And you were so worried. What did I tell you? I knew Mom would be alright with this." she said with a grin, leading her girlfriend through the door. "Now come on, Poppy hasn't met you yet!"

The Ranger walked over to where Mercury and Anubis were situated, turning to the Lucario. "I assume he's gonna be alright, then?" she asked, sitting down and sighing. "Payton's up ahead, working things out with her coworkers. She seems really disturbed by all this... And here I sit and wonder, what have I gotten myself into?" Lachina muttered, sighing. "If I could have just helped a bit more, maybe... I-I dunno."

Edited by JiMing: Joining Sectors

IC: Anubis

The Lucario placed a paw on Lachina's shoulder. There is nothing you could have done. By the time we realized something was amiss, they had done their vile act. He closed his eyes. We will all bear the weight of that life, but we are not to blame.

As for Mercury . . . Physically, he is well. Spiritually, mentally . . . There is no telling. He sighed.

IC

He woke in the center of the doors, feeling the memories flowing from each. He would have to continue investigating. Someone had died tonight because he hadn't been on top of things. Standing, he slowly peered around.A feeling was creeping down his neck, as if someone were watching him.

As he turned towards the next door, he jumped. Leaning against the frame was... himself? No, not quite. The man there was all sharp angles and pale skin. The hair was the same, as was the scar on his cheek, but the eyes were cold, flat, hard. A knife balanced on his finger-tip. The other person grinned, flashing far too many teeth.

"Hello . . . Jared."

Edited by A Conversation

The blacksmith stared in shock at the battlefield. One moment Bisharp had been fighting valiantly against his opponent. One tap from the Legendary later and he was on the ground unconscious.

"It really has been too long since I've had a battle," Paul muttered, recalling his fallen partner to his Pokéball. "I wasn't paying attention to Bisharp's endurance, and didn't realize how hard he was pushing himself." He looked up at Evan with a boyish grin. "That said, I agree; going up against a Legendary Pokémon like Landorus, I'm amazed Bisharp did even half as well as he did. I thank you for your kind words, though I must say I respect you all the more for gaining the trust of Landorus, now that I have seen his powers firsthand."

"He's gained more than my trust, Paul Burks." Landorus rumbled as he pointed to the spiraling scar on his chest. "He managed to wound me, and for that, he has my complete respect, for his fighting spirit."

"Yeah, I met Landorus when I was at a dark point of my life." Evan said happily. "Maybe I will tell you of the battle sometime later? But for now, let's go back, and rest our pokemon, huh?"

IC: Paul Burks

"Sounds like a fascinating story," Paul said. He laughed and shook his head. "You know, it's probably a good thing you didn't tell me about wounding Landorus when we first met. I wouldn't have liked Ellen hanging out with someone so violent. But I see now that even if you like to battle, it doesn't stop you from being a nice guy, Evan. I'm glad I met you, and glad you met Ellen." With another flash of his boyish grin, Paul sent out Scar and hopped onto the metallic bird's back. "Shall we, then?"

OOC: A slight bit of bunnying for the Seatons and Kalos group here, but I figured they'd start heading toward the Pokémon Center to try and gather everyone else. ^^"

IC: Ryan Sanders

Having the heightened senses of a Typhlosion, Quil sensed their company several moments before Ryan did. As such, the Liberty agent knew from Quil's reaction to expect something, but just what he didn't know until he rounded a corner on a trail that led to the beach and nearly walked face-first into Dahlia Seaton.

"Oh!" Ryan took a step backward in surprise. "Sorry about that!" After he recovered from the shock of almost toppling the Heroine of Reverse into the sand, Ryan realized that Dahlia was not alone. She was accompanied by her brother, Xander and his team, and a small handful of Pokémon Ryan could only assume belonged to one or both of the Seaton siblings.

"So, um, what are you folks up to?" Ryan asked as Quil barked a friendly greeting to the Quilava in the group.

Edited by Konuju

IC: Aspen/Dahlia Seaton

Dahlia didn't see Ryan until the two of them had nearly collided, and yelped when he suddenly came into view. "S-sorry! I should have paid attention to where I was going!" the gardener exclaimed quickly, catching the Liberty agent's question at the end. "Huh? Oh, Xander and Aspen were trying to train Vixen and Ellen and I was gonna try to get in some practice with reverse. We wanted to head back to the Pokemon Center though, cause the two of them have other plans." 

Aspen nodded, rubbing the back of his head. "Xander and I were kinda hoping we could have an exhibition match. Yaknow, the kind that he and Evan had on the boat? I think I tried to send a message to you just now, actually..." the youngest Seaton said, chuckling. "I dunno, that sound interesting to you? Oh, and what brings you over here, anyways?" 

Flare looked up at Quil and barked back, giving a friendly smile to the Typholosion. Torrent crossed his arms while sizing up the final-stage Pokemon, and Meadow simply waved and looked over her shoulder at the two young foxes to see how they were holding up.

"N-no, it was my fault," Ryan quickly assured Dahlia. "I shouldn't have taken that corner so sharp, there was no way you could have seen me coming." As Quil acknowledged the Buizel with a friendly wave, Ryan turned his attention to Aspen. "An exhibition match, huh? Sounds exciting. I think it's a great way to get in some good practice. We can't be too prepared." For the briefest of moments a solemn expression came over the Liberty agent's face. The next instant it was replaced with a sheepish smile.

"As for what I'm doing over here, I must admit you've caught me redhanded in the act of, shall we say, pacing. Or wandering, to be precise. You see, Ray decided he needed some time on his own, which left me and Quil here to our own devices. So I was just walking around lost in my own thoughts when I bumped into you guys -- nearly quite literally." He scratched the back of his head. "So yeah, an exhibition match sounds like a great way to kill time until the captain's finished refueling."

Xander smiled at Ryan, waving. "Hey, how's it going?" He smiled. "Yeah, it's gonna be a good one, I think. Sylph had a good battle against Evan's Excadrill, but she hasn't gotten to really let loose in a long time."

The Gardevoir nodded. We're going to find the others now, if possible.

The two foxes were running around the group, weaving between legs as they attempted to land playful attacks on one another. Ellen was particularly evasive, partially because of her speed compared to Vixen, and partially because of the sand attacks she launched in between tackles and the occasional growl that made Vixen pull back.

IC: Belle LaDonna and Alma Mason

They stood near the bow of the ship, waiting to depart. Belle glanced back at the city quietly, feeling unsure as she thought of Lachina and Zac, and their friend Mercury. She frowned, turning back to the girl in front of her. She would never see those kids again, she should feel relieved.

Instead, as she met blood-red eyes, she felt hesitation and a small amount of fear. Alma smiled at her. "Shall we discuss our plans, Nightshade?" It was one of the few times anyone had called Belle by that name with any hint of seriousness.

"Right, yeah . . . So, what do you know about this guy?"

IC

"You're . . . me. But, that doesn't make any sense. Why are there two of me?"

"Why wouldn't there be? You've been distancing yourself from things for a long time, now. If you'll allow me, I'll show you some of the things we've--"

"You're the Voice. You were there after . . .  after my father died."

"That's right. In a sense, that was the night I was fully born. You needed someone to protect you, and that was me."

"I can protect myself!"

"Can you? Let's take a look, shall we?"

The scene transitioned to the journey from Fallarbor to Sootopolis. Mercury winced as he felt the desert heat beating on him, surrounding him. For the past two nights, he had been unable to sleep, aware of the Cacturne lurking in the shadows, waiting for him to be defenseless. He had no fire, and if it weren't for his coat, he would have succumbed to the cold the first night.

With a cry of anger, he sent out Anubis, who drove the dark-types away with a display of his Aura.

Then, he was walking through grass higher than his head. He winced as he felt pain shoot through his leg. The battle with Styx, where he and Anubis had almost died. If the Lucario hadn't been there . . .

The gym, where Mercury had had to call on base instincts to keep Lachina safe, where Zac had gotten injured.

"And then, the hospital, where you rushed in blind and got shot for your trouble. Clearly, you're the epitome of self-defense."

​"Okay, but what about before that? The first fight after we joined the Company, I--"

"You had no control over that. You couldn't bring yourself to stab that woman, and if the man hadn't rushed you, you never would have acted."

The two glared at each other. "Okay, so what? I'm supposed to just let you turn me into some sort of psychopath? What you did to Derek--"

For the first time, the double seemed somewhat regretful. "It was a mistake. I am only human, after all. I think one time in the past five years is a fantastic track record."

Mercury -  Jared - nodded. "Fine, fair enough. Where do we start?"

"Well, for one, you've been holding back. Your Aura has been trained since you were born. You should be much stronger."

"I don't want to seriously hurt anyone."

"THAT'S WAR! People get hurt, and it's YOUR job to make sure it's NOT US!" The doppelganger was seething, an aura surrounding him in clouds of purple and red.

The two stared each other down again, and Jared looked away first. "Alright. Fine. I'll stop holding back. Let's get started."

Aspen looked down at his feet and chuckled while he saw Xander's Pokemon dart through his legs, but turned his attention back to Ryan. "Yeah, I'd like to see what Sylph can do when she's not on a boat and stuff, and also give me more experience in battling tough opponents. She's right too, we were just about to go looking for everyone." he explained. "So uh... You mentioned something about Ray wandering off, right? Any idea where he went, or where the others could be as well? I'd like to get the same audience, I wanna prove myself." the youngest Seaton said, nodding. "I wanna prove that I keep up with the rest of you."

Dahlia was about to further protest and apologize to Ryan until she heard her brother's words. Is he worried about not matching other's standards? Like me? she wondered. Dahlia also thought back to what Ryan had meant by wandering, and if things were still alright. However, she quickly turned back to Ryan with a pleasant smile. "Yeah, should be a nice way to spend our time before it's time to leave again. You wouldn't happen to know a good battlefield, would you?" she asked with a bit of a nervous giggle. "I, uh, forgot to look up a map on my Pokegear, and thought you might know the area a bit better than me..."

Torrent looked over confusedly at the waving, and shrugged, lazily waving back. Flare asked how the Typhlosion was doing, moving out of the way for the incoming Eevee and Fennekin. Meadow looked over and considered reprimanding the two, before shrugging. The Roselia figured playful sparring was a form of training in it of itself, and she was still doing her job by looking over them. 

"Yeah, um, about that." Ryan scratched his head sheepishly. "I know the general direction Ray went, but he had some deep thinking to do. I don't think it'd be wise to call him away from that just to watch a battle. I'll be sure to tell him all about it later, though. As for the others, they all went their separate ways before I really knew what was happening."

At that moment, the Eevee and Fennekin darted through Ryan's legs, distracting him as he smiled down at their antics. Quil, in response to the Quilava's question, gave a shrug and blew a puff of smoke to indicate that he was more or less content. He watched the two fox Pokémon with a warm smile that matched his trainer's, then barked at the Quilava to ask if he had been helping the foxes train.

Ryan would have continued to be lost in the playful sparing of Xander's Pokémon had Dahlia not spoken up right then. He looked over at the middle Seaton, a tad amused at how much faith she put in his mapping skills. "You've been on this island just as long as I have, Dahila," he said with a chuckle. "I don't see why I should know the area any better than you." He shrugged. "That said, there was a fairly open field I saw not too far from the Pokémon Center. That should be as good a place as any."

Xander chuckled a bit. "Alright, you two, come here and stop trying to trip people." The foxes stopped mid-chase, rushing over to their trainer to be picked up. He grinned a bit at Ryan. "That sounds perfect. Even if the others can't come, I still think this battle will be good for us. Doesn't necessarily need to be a grand spectacle."

Sylph nodded, a soft smile on her lips. I can't think of the last time we battled without a large audience, that wasn't against the most elite members of our league.

Xander chuckled a bit. "Yeah, it seems like we were always in a gym or arena of some sort, doesn't it?" He grinned. It would be nice to battle just for the fun of battling. "Aspen, you know who I'll be challenging you with. Any idea which of your team you'll be using?" Sylph would have her hands full with any of this trio, he knew, but the Roselia would be a little bit easier due to the poison type's weakness to psychic attacks.

If Aspen chose Meadow, Xander would try to gently dissuade him from that course of action. But, more than anything, there was one pokémon who he wanted to test their mettle against.

IC: Dahlia/Aspen Seaton

"I guess that was a pretty silly question..." Dahlia admitted, chuckling a bit with a subtle awkward blush on her face. "I dunno, sometimes I don't think through some things like that. But a field near the Pokemon Center? That sounds like it might work!" the gardener said, turning to her brother. "What do you think?"

Aspen nodded at his sister, but rubbed the back of his head awkwardly. "Oh, uh, I sorta wanted it to be something of a spectacle..." he admitted. "I mean, I've never challenged a Gym Leader, and I kinda just want to prove that I can keep up with everyone here, so I was hoping to get everyone... I-I guess that's not happening then." the trainer said with something of a disappointed tone. However, he still had to answer Xander's question on who he would challenge Sylph was. Flare was a solid choice and the Pokemon he had known for the longest, but he wondered if it was smart to fight a fully-evolved Pokemon with one in the mid-stage, especially one as powerful as Gardevoir. Torrent would be up for the battle, but the Seaton boy found he was much more hot air than a fierce opponent most of the time. Perhaps Meadow would show off a bit, but the type disadvantage as well as difference in power would leave a one-sided match. Jet was fully-evolved, but lacked restraint during a good battle to the point he found it difficult to command the Braviary. Saya was not an option by any means. But if he couldn't use any of those Pokemon, then...

"...I think I'll lead with Aria for the match." he decided, nodding. "She's still a very recent addition to my team, actually a gift of some sorts from another trainer. I think she has the power to compete with Sylph though, and it'll give me more of an idea of how the two of us interact during matches." Aspen explained. "That sound like an alright choice?"

Edited by JiMing: Joining Sectors