Bionicle Music Video: Jawbox - Mirrorful

KDNX-Wyatt

This is my first post to BZPower and my first Bionicle Music Video - are these technically AMVs? It's a little sloppy just because it is my first but let me know what you think.

I know I'm posting this late at night but I hope at least a few of you see this. I've got quite a few ideas for songs that were not Bionicle songs but fit the theme very well - all of them are sort of obscure punk or alternative songs. If you like this, check out Bob Mould, late 2000s Propagandhi, and early 2000s Dag Nasty.

Jawbox is a band from Washington, D.C., originally signed to Dischord Records. They're one of the many bands that came from that label that were vitally important to the development of alternative rock. Although they weren't signed to Dischord in 1996 when their final album, Jawbox, was released, it is easily their best work, and from it I pulled the first track "Mirrorful" to use for this video. I tried to give it an overarching story based on the line "histories" from the chorus, and so it sees the Toa Nuva in Karda Nui reminiscing on their adventure thus far. I also sort of made it as if Tahu Nuva, in the first clip, is peering into the future, as the end of this same clip appears at the very end of the video. I also left in the entire Rise of Mata Nui clip at the end.

Anyways, I hope this makes you guys feel like kids again. It was a blast to make and watch it all come together.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...