Fusions of the Same Individual

It's been years since the introduction of Mask of Time Duplication and the alternate realities of the Olmak, but I recently had thoughts that probably won't have a confirmed answer:

What would happen if three of the same individual (example: Toa Mata Tahu, Original Tahu Nuva,  and Toa Nuva Tahu Mistika) formed a Kaita fusion? (edit 1: looked back at old Greg Q&A stuff and said not possible for same element to Kaita fuse... although I wonder if it's still possible if there was one regular Tahu, a Fire/Shadow Toa Tahu, and a Shadow Toa Tahu) (edit 3: I know this isn't possible in the main universe, but what if another universe where this restriction didn't exist?)

Would they still be the same person but with greater control over their (assuming that they have the same) element? (edit 2: same as the edit 1) 

If fusion components have the same/similar Kanohi (such as Hau/Hau Nuva), would its power be enhanced?

I would like to know what others think on this topic.

-Tomdroidser

Edited by tomdroidser
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Featuring: Arkham Firefly/The LEGO Movie Quiz

Now Entering: The Rise of DarkSaber
Two personal thanks to Black Six for Proto Boost.
(Expired) Topics: HF MOC BBC #69 Entry: Jaller Inika Rebuilt 

There is no such thing as perfection, except in being yourself.kanohi_avkama.gif

Huh....really good question.....I dont think they would be. I think it fuses their body, mind, and spirit. The body would be larger than a regular sized toa, same size as a regular kalita I think. The mind wouldnt be one standard tahu, because he changed from the beginning. He grew up, changed as shown In his battles from piraka to challenging nektann. So the mind would be some fusion of all his personalities i think. I think the mask would be exactly as you suggested, and overly strong hau that would bebunvreakable essentially. All of this is conjecture though.

I

I believe Kaita must be of different elements, so the Toa couldn't fuse.

Makuta probably could, and it's a weird thought. Makuta don't do fusions anyway because they don't want to surrender their individuality, and I can only assume that would apply to other incarnations of themselves. It's a headscratcher, though. If you are indistinguishable from your experiences, and your duplicate doesn't share all of your experiences, is he really your duplicate? That kind of thing.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

Let's assume you've got a Mask of Fusion or the Spear of Fusion on hand, or you've dumped the 3 Tahus into Energized Protodermis, since this can't be a proper Kaita. Forced fusions are always unpredictable, so we can't be sure what'll happen. Based on what we know, the fusion would be either:

1. An abomination whose various consciences wig out and produce an unstable psycho (i.e. Prototype; if this is anything like his case, the organic components will eventually decay)

2. A being where one conscience takes dominance over the others and controls its actions

3. Something like a Kaita, wherein the components eventually figure out how to work together (this is more likely if you have 3 of the same guy, since they'll probably all share a common goal)

4. A new entity with a new consciousness entirely that either destroys or overpowers the existing ones

As for Kanohi, this is a little unclear. Kaita gain entirely new Kanohi; but the only unnatural fusion of Toa we know of is Prototype, whom Greg confirmed to have a unique, fused mask of an unknown nature. We can't be certain the fusion would follow this example, since we don't have enough examples for reference.

• Like 1

Rule #1: Always listen to Kek.

Rule #2: If you break rule #1, kindly don't.

Rule #3: EVERYBODY TYPE IN THE CHAT "AVAK IS A STUPID TRIGGER"

On 3/12/2020 at 1:32 AM, Master Inika said:

Makuta probably could, and it's a weird thought. Makuta don't do fusions anyway because they don't want to surrender their individuality, and I can only assume that would apply to other incarnations of themselves. It's a headscratcher, though. If you are indistinguishable from your experiences, and your duplicate doesn't share all of your experiences, is he really your duplicate? That kind of thing.

Well the obvious character to consider is Bitil. He would be the only being that I could imagine ever having any practical purpose/desire to do this (unless there are other beings that have a Kanohi Mohtrek). The circumstances needed for any other being to even attempt to pull something like this off would be ridiculous, but I could totally see Bitil occasionally giving himself a 'powerup' if he ever needed it.

2 hours ago, Sir Keksalot said:

3. Something like a Kaita, wherein the components eventually figure out how to work together (this is more likely if you have 3 of the same guy, since they'll probably all share a common goal)

4. A new entity with a new consciousness entirely that either destroys or overpowers the existing ones

I feel that a combination of these two would be the most likely result; a new, 'complete' consciousness formed out of all the others, similar to Takutanuva. This new consciousness would only be subject to biases that all three consciousness' have in common. I don't really see any combat advantage aside from a bigger form (the fusion's control over, say, fire would only be as refined as the most skilled member of the fusion). To me, this sort of fusion would have more philosophical appeal than anything else (to achieve a higher state of awareness/become enlightened), which then makes me feel like Bitil (though physically able to) probably would have no real desire to attempt this.   

It seems to me that the most likely being to attempt this would be a Toa of Psionics with a Mohtrek. 

Sig..gif.a3346491b24c9bc3827e18c57ef3b7ff.gif.6f7ce54313e70f1931299845e4d29d20.gif

Considering that, in G1, there's a lot of things happening where x is y but sometimes z and not equal to q. Considering that Mata Nui's body was a robot and the life inside are nanomachines, how could fusion attempts, short of Energized Protodermis, result in an unliving fusion? Natural fusion requires the unification of willing and compatible beings with physical forms. Fusing a dead body to a living one with the Spear of Fusion... probably best not to think too much on it.

Back to the original topic: I think that, in the unlikely event that it would happen, a fusion of the same individual would result in the formation of a being of a similar personality. It would either be enlightened or suffer some form of time disorientation. If wearing the same/similar mask, then I'd assume it would be slightly more powerful than its strongest version. Of course, fusing three of the same person tapping into the Mask of Time Duplication may create a functional temporal paradox.

-Tomdroidser

Featuring: Arkham Firefly/The LEGO Movie Quiz

Now Entering: The Rise of DarkSaber
Two personal thanks to Black Six for Proto Boost.
(Expired) Topics: HF MOC BBC #69 Entry: Jaller Inika Rebuilt 

There is no such thing as perfection, except in being yourself.kanohi_avkama.gif

There is an interesting "what if" for alternate universe characters here. What if there was an AU in which Tahu was a Toa of Air? Or water? I don't remember whethe BIONICLE has infinite alternate universes, but I get the sense that there are enough that this kind of thing could happen.

Sounds like the premise to a really good or really bad fanfic.