Six Kingdoms: Rebirth - Gameplay

Unreliable Narrator

IC: Skorm (Metru-Koro)

"I didn't leave," Skorm replied, crossing his arms. "I was freed. In the assault on Ga-Metru, I ran into Tekmo and several other Toa. They managed to jar me loose from Takadox's programming and mind-control."

Skorm sighed, looking back to the rig, and the others talking. "I made a promise to those three when the world was falling apart. A promise that I'd find them. First thing I decided to do of my own free will that I remember, so that's what I'm doing That's what brought me here; so here's my question. What are you doing here, hidden among the refugees of the people you were fighting?"

OOC: @Conway

Edited by Keeper of Kraata
  • Like 2

The times, they are a-changing...

IC: Mazor-Wilderness-Aqua Sphere Trail @Toru Nui

Mazor shrugged. "I don't know, I'd just like to figure out what is going on before we catch up with that thing, in case it's dangerous." He glanced around again. "I suppose this place could have been made barren by something else,  but the sphere is clearly following this trail, if it's what's created all this young growth it'd make me think it's being piloted by someone."

• Like 1

Six Kingdoms Characters: Mazor, Jephro, The Janitor, Informant

IC Collector - Metru-Koro

Collector’s fingers clenched their wrench like they aimed to strangle it. That … was not an answer they wanted. If the power was constantly, and just needed to be focused, then that was useless to them. Well not useless, but it just drove a physical wedge between them and Toa even more than their breed. 

When they used their Kanoka Blade, it was more like flipping a switch on, they couldn’t feel that power inside them. They weren’t redirecting an existing force, they needed to activate the blade manually like a mask power or starting an motor. But a Toa’s power came from within, it was always there, it just needed to be focused.

Simply put, this information told them that their experience with their crude mockery of elemental power would be useless even if they could become a Toa of sorts. They would have no real idea how to handle that power. 

Maybe that machine could have made Collector into a living Kanoka blade, but it would just be another imitation of a Toa’s prestige. Not the genuine thing, just a knockoff. They could still summon ice, but the nature would be different, even if they could rebuild and recover the device. Maybe a gullible Matoran would believe they were a Toa, but any true Toa could expose them, same with any Matoran who had any prior knowledge of Toa. 

They honestly did not know what they expected. Of course it would not be like a mask power or a gadget, but still it was only now beginning to occur to them just how difficult their goal might be. Especially to have this as an inherent power and not just a mask like a Garai. Was this truly that far out of their expertise? So alien to their Nature and biomechanics? No, it could not be!

There was a thud as their bike sputtered and it’s hood smacked into them. They all but shrieked in frustration, before wincing and muttering bitterly, “My apologies, friends, that blow just hit a sore spot.

They huffed to themself and then sighed. They … they could not not give up yet. They would claim the friendship they deserved. So they abruptly asked with all the subtly of an enraged Kane-Ra, “What do you think we might find in these temples? More Great Disks? Or something else? Masks?

OOC: @Snelly @~Xemnas~ @pokemonlover360 @Onaku @Tarn

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

IC: Datrox Karvan - Metru-Koro Gates

I smirked slightly at the other Ta-Toa's jovial greeting. I motioned towards them to come over, asking, "Why don't you introduce yourself? We could use your aid, if you're interested." Turning away, not waiting to see if she complied, I looked to Falh. He didn't look pleased. "What is it, brother?"

@Dane@The UltimoScorp

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Reliable Narrator | Dead Forest

As they stood on the far side of the river of lava the two skakdi could have no way of knowing the old names for the sacred grove of petrified trees planted to the South. For Enra, it was simply the Dead Forest. Traveling peddlers and raiders told ghost stories of haunting spirits living in the Dead Forest, and perhaps they were real. The further Enra went South the further she’d be from the safety of her people and the closer she’d be to the wishing shades of the Kumu Islets.

Xane and Enra walked by the light of the glowing river of lava and the moon above as they traveled up the side of Irnakk’s Tooth. They carved their own trail, scaling loose boulders, finding rahi paths where they could, and occasionally stopping to take in the few and catch their breath. One such time they did, high enough to see the forest in full, Enra noticed the ruins of a stone temple she hadn’t seen before. It was deep in the Dead Forest, and of a native architectural style.

An open hole in the volcanic mountainside released smoke further up. Skakdi skulls were balanced atop each other in two tall and spindly cairns on either side of the opening. 

@Nato the Traveler, @Toru Nui

• Like 1

Happy chat.

2 hours ago, Unreliable Narrator said:

IC: Reliable Narrator | Metru-Nui, Coliseum, Ground Floor

As the unmasked toa leaned in the doorway, providing the false nonchalance of an emotionless confidence, the small matoran cleaning the dirt and gore off the front steps leading into the ground floor, open air plaza of the Coliseum’s main building looked up. She wore a white mask of telekinesis with the silver paint on the top classic of her culture. Still on her knees, she leaned back, tossed the dirty rag in a nearby bucket of soapy water, and eyed the stranger.

“Honestly, no clue. This city’s been complete garbage since before you got here, Stranger. I’d point you to the vahki, but they’re all broken and telling us to mind our mental health. As if mental health was something I’d be worried about after the last week. More like how long is the food line, you know? Sorry I’m ranting. Look, if you want to talk to someone about what to do go see Pridak. That’s what I’ve been telling everyone to do. Seems to work. Only seen three of them thrown off the balcony so far.”

OOC: @Kal the Guardian

IC: Saybo - Toa of Water - Barraki

Location - The Coliseum

Saybo nodded in thought, mind slightly buzzing due to his removed mask. As he had come to learn was the case with most locations, those that cleaned tended to know much more about what really happened there than others would assume.

As she talked of hardship, Saybo was indifferent. He had no idea what had caused this great disaster or how long ago, but everyone he had seen so far was doing well enough, so he had no reason to be concerned for her personal situation as of yet. With the state of the city he had seen, tough times were to be expected. Thank Pridak that he had been snacking right before being tossed into that Stasis Pod. Saybo wouldn’t need to eat for a good half day yet.

As the Matoran finished speaking, Saybo pondered what he should do. Pridak was too important to bother, as he was the supplier of all, but at the same time it also seemed like Pridak wanted to be approached. Making a decision, Saybo smiled and tapped his Miru as it hung across his chest, “Don’t worry about me, kid. I’ve come prepared. Hahaha!

Saybo pointed at her, his voice slightly more serious, “Now you make sure to take care of yourself, kid. It’s beings with jobs like you that make this city run and will restore its glory some day. Our future rests partially on you. Seeya, kid.The future of our home, the League, that one. Waving, goodbye, Saybo strode back to the elevators. Now was one of the hardest parts, maintaining a convincing smile while no one was looking, yet still someone might notice.

Speaking of hard parts, Saybo was about to speak to the Great Being Pridak himself. Was he worthy to do so? No. But apparently it was what was required of him and so he would do it, regardless of unworthiness.

The elevator door squeaked slightly as it opened, the door riding along the grooved track meant to keep it in place. Saybo stepped inside, feeling the elevator jostle ever so slightly. It was then he realized the Matoran had not disclosed the floor Pridak was on. Saybo reasoned for a bit and took a wild guess, assuming that maybe Pridak was in the same chambers that Turaga Dume had resided in and ruled from back who knows how long ago. Saybo had no idea how long. A thousand years perhaps.

Still, it was a good place to start. Hitting the appropriate button, there was a whirring noise and the door closed, then the elevator started to rise. Saybo dropped his smile and drank a little water from a bottle he had. How did he know which floor Dume had ruled from despite not living on Metru-Nui? It had nothing to do with Dark Hunter business. No sir, no way.

As the door opened, Saybo knew he was in the right place. The decor of the room was too different. Dume definitely ruled no longer. Not to mention it didn’t smell like death up here. Everything smelled… well, shiny. As if there was a lot of metal recently polished.

Adopting his smile once more, Saybo reverently walked into the room, bowing deeply to the Great Being Pridak himself. Rising from the bow and resting his weight on his left hip, Saybo hooked his fingers into his chest armor and waited, staring at the floor. He dared not speak first. Pridak would acknowledge him when appropriate.

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

IC: Kokaliga, Archives

Kokaliga heard more steps coming down some stairway.  She smelled a strange gas and decided to be quick in her descent down to follow her prey.  Once on the lower level, she walked down some side corridors, listening to some robotic voice in the distance.  The conversation seemed to end, so she hid around a corner while she heard her prey's footsteps leave... then come back.  Maybe the one hallway was circular?  Whatever the floor plan, Kokaliga remained in an adjacent hallway, lurching in stealth, content to simply eavesdrop on whatever robot was communicating with the prey.  Words of some vault could be overheard.  

Kokaliga felt excitement bubbling up inside her.  It had been too long since she felt the thrill of crushing her foes beneath her.  She was eager for her prey to leave again, and hopefully wander aimlessly into her grasp...

OOC: @Onaku Kokaliga is nearby, around some undefined corner down some extra hallway.  Not in seeing range, but close enough to hear the speaker making some noise.

IC: Amaru, Po-Koro's nearest Temple

Amaru woke up to another dull, dusty day in the desert.  He ate a simple meal from his supplies then sat against the outside wall to watch the noon sun stretch across the sky.  High above, a Nivawk circled, possibly scouting some dead Rahi it could eat.  Amaru was bored.  he knew it best to wait another day or so before venturing out again, but his youthful legs craved a journey.  "Maybe I'll ride out in the night and stumble upon some camp of my kin.  With my new powers, it would be easy enough to dominate them.  Maybe... who knows.  I've done a lot of traveling recently, though.  I'll just laze around here, for now."  

Just so, Amaru was lazy in the temple all afternoon, with nothing to interest him and no company to share, save the parasite wriggling on his back.

Edited by Azibo
  • Like 1

In a world where heroes and villains battle for the fate of the universe‚ some people have normal lives and work normal jobs... Zimixes

IC: Irna | Metru-Koro

"I ... I joined the League late," Irna said. She looked up, where the rising sun caught the cloud cover. "Just before the ... the incident with the Ripple. I didn't have my first battle until Metru-Nui. When we were invading the city. When the Barraki was asking us to ... to kill innocents."

She looked back down, at her feet and the dirt between her toes.

"Where I come from, the Northern Continent...," she said. "The Matoran would come to my village. Every couple of months or so. And they would say that they didn't want us there. And they would ... invade us. Kill us. And so we would move further away from the Matoran. Then, they would come again, a couple of months later. I thought if I joined the League, I could do some great deed. And I could prove to the Matoran back home that my people were just as good as them. Just as ... worthy. But being part of an invasion. I ... I watched ... people ... do terrible things. And I could only watch. I had wanted to stop invasions, not...."

She looked up at Skorm.

"So I left," she said. "And now I'm here. Trying to look out for another village."

OOC: @Keeper of Kraata

-Void

• Like 2

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Achro (Onu-Metru, The Archives)

The Red Smoke continued to seep deeper into the Archives, its coming heralded by a particularly noxious scent.

@Onaku@Azibo

IC: Enra (Irnakk's Tooth, Mountainside)

"Well. Ain't that a lovely welcome. Still not too late to go back, you know."

@Nato the Traveler

IC: Gnabol (Wilderness, Aqua Sphere Trail)

"So, either it destroys the plants it passes under and creates new plants to replace them, or it somehow... reverses them. Both of which are ridiculous. True, maybe, but still ridiculous."

@Smudge8

7 hours ago, Edelgard said:

IC: Mahryo - Northern Desert

"What would your wish be?" Mahryo asks.
@Nato the Traveler

IC: Whisper - Northern Desert

"Oh, I don't know yet," she replied, "But power comes with a price." 

5 hours ago, Unreliable Narrator said:

IC: Reliable Narrator | Ice Suva Temple

Hours of intense physical labor pushing with all her might against the marble suva later, well past sundown with the new stars out glittering the sky and the single moon, Sidra felt much more exhausted but not much closer to reaching her goal. A family of bats woke up with the rising of the moon and flew out to hunt from their nesting holes in the weathered ceiling. She saw spiders and lizards crawl and scamper away from their holes during the time she worked, upset by the movement and grinding of gears inside the temple’s floor. Was Sidra missing something?

IC: Sidra - Ice Temple

Panting from the kind of exertion she really wasn't used to, Sidra slumped to the floor against one of the pillars. Clearly she was doing something wrong here. She took a sip of water from her canteen, and glanced at her iStone screen, at the photos she'd taken of the painted panels on the Suva. 

There was something here. Something important. 

Powering up her nektann and switching on their meagre lights, she tossed one of the drones into the semi-collapsed second level of the temple to see if there were any further clues hidden up there, and sent the other scurrying across the temple floor in search of a large enough hole to crawl through. If the lizards and spiders were being driven out by the movement of the gears, that meant there had to be a decent amount of space somewhere below. 

While she waited, she cast her gaze upwards, looking to see if there were any stars that matched the constellations on the panel. 

@Unreliable Narrator

20 minutes ago, Toru Nui said:

"Well. Ain't that a lovely welcome. Still not too late to go back, you know."

IC: Xane - Irnakk's Tooth

"Desecrating the dead. Well, that's charming," he said, "And is it a welcome, or a warning?" 

@Toru Nui

• Like 1

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Nale Vella - "Po-Koro"

Nale stepped outside into the Zakaz sun, spear in hand. With a sigh, she set off towards Kanohi and Pardehi's group, her limp still obvious but apparently bothering her less.

"I've changed my mind, and this has nothing to do with me hallucinating a Skakdi in my home, I just...I just decided it'd be better if I came along. If you need the money for transport, I have widgets still."

@Harvali@Biological Chronicler@Toru Nui

Edited by Tarn
  • Like 2

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Skorm (Metru-Koro)

Skorm sighed; he had thought this might have been the case. "Fair enough. I'll respect your privacy as long as you respect mine. I've already been ejected from one settlement for being ex-League. Glad to see we both ended up out of that mess."

The Twi-Toa turned so that Irna couldn't see the uncertainty in his face. He had served under Takadox, true, but was hardly innocent. Executions, destructions of holy sites, he was still guilty of being a League soldier. "Let's get back to the group."

OOC: @Conway

The times, they are a-changing...

IC: Pardehi - Po-Koro @Harvali@Toru Nui@Tarn

He decided he would ignore that bit about hallucinatory skakdi for now. He was just glad to see Nale Vella on her feet.

"We're glad to have you along, tobduk Nale."

"Don't worry about money. The two of us can split the bill evenly."

IC: Balkan - The Rig @Smudge8

"Do you know where I can get to the mall from here? There's someone I would like to pay a visit to."

IC: Changua - Outside Metru Koro

"Hang on, I need to put away by collection."  She lifted off in the air, dissapearing behind the wall. She would be back a moment later, not wanting to be left behind when the group finally left.

Edited by Biological Chronicler
  • Like 1

IC: Ulkarr and Klawne (Po-Koro)

Ulkarr liked these newcomers. True, the Skakdi were more decisive, but at least no argument or brawl had erupted from them yet.

Klawne also liked them. She had missed this. And yet, it still felt so far away. It was hard to explain. "Well then. Shall we get going?"

@Tarn@Harvali@Biological Chronicler

IC: NU-8020S (Northern Desert, Vahki Transport)

"It is not power we require. We are searching for the fugitive known as Takadox." Another Vahki held up an iStone with the warlord's photograph displayed, much like how it had been shown to Mahryo and company earlier. "Have you seen this entity?"

@Nato the Traveler@Edelgard@Jakura Nuva@ZippyWharrgarbl@xccj

"Welcome, warning, basically the same thing 'round here. Well, personally, I feel like I've come too far to turn back now, so..." Enra shrugged, and stepped forth into the place of nightmares. As you do.

@Unreliable Narrator@Nato the Traveler

IC Kanohi - Po-Koro

Kanohi’s hands fluttered with excitement seeing Toa Nale emerging from her hut for the first time in what seemed like years. Though it clearly hadn’t been years, since they had only been on Zakaz for like eight days. And she was coming with them? That seemed more like a Toa. She clearly had recovered, and was a Toa-hero once more. Hadn’t she?

He … he kept fluttering, but he didn’t feel it. It was not her limp, but she … she seemed to hesitate more, and she felt almost exhausted. Kanohi was not great at reading people, but he … he couldn’t … she was a Toa, he should feel awe, feel protected. Toa were chosen by Mata-Nui, appointed by Destiny. They … they were … he should feel honored to be with her. 

But a part of him still saw that beaten sad warrior, who could not even leave her hut. Who had been through Karzahni and who spoke little of it. Who had been broken physically and emotional. Who … who had needed more support than Kanohi had given. 

He still was excited to travel with her, for her to be out of the hut, but a part of him … she did not seem the embodiment of Mata-Nui’s wil. Just … exhausted. Almost merely a Matoran with a great deal of power. And of destiny, Mata-Nui was dead, and if he was dead, he was … he might be fallible. And if he was fallible, then so were his champions. The Toa should still be respected of course but … they might need help more than he ever thought. And not just from great Matoran like the Nynrah Ghosts.

But he didn’t say all that. Instead he just made a smile and said, “It will be good to travel with you again, Toa Nale. Maybe we will even run into our old allies on the journey. A-a-and if you ever want to s-share stories, I will be there to l-listen.” His face turned a rusted scarlet and he looked away, hoping he hadn’t been rude. He mumbled out without matching her gaze, “s-sorry um, it’s just good to have a familiar Toa traveling with me on this strange island.

Yes,” he pivoted to Turaga Klawne, eager for something else to talk about, “let us go.”

OOC: @Toru Nui @Tarn @Biological Chronicler

• Like 1

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

IC: Mazor-Wilderness-Aqua Sphere Trail @Toru Nui

A young ussal crab scuttled across their path. Mazor paused, putting a hand to his chin. "Honestly, that sounds like a reasonable theory, I've certainly seen things stranger than time-reversing water."

IC: The Janitor-The Rig-Giving Directions @Biological Chronicler

"Head that way," The janitor said, gesturing with one of his shields "You'll see a ladder on your right, climb down two floors and then head to your left. There's a big metal sign, you can't miss it."

• Like 1

Six Kingdoms Characters: Mazor, Jephro, The Janitor, Informant

IC: Skyra -  Cargo Hauler -

"Lame." That was Skyra's response to the denial of doing donuts. "If I was driving, I'd be doing the donuts...and I'd pop a few wheelies too!" 

"On the bright side, we'll all have plenty of time to talk and get to know each other!" 

Toru Nui @Tarn @TL01 NUVA

IC: Vashni - Metru-Nui -

Vashni looked towards Atamai as he discussed his difficulty with mastering his elemental power. "If it's simply a mental issue, I may be able to help you overcome it, if you wish." The Toa of Psionics offered. She glanced at the Collector as he asked more questions, she didn't need to read his mind to tell that he was rather obsessive with the idea of finding items of power or the like at the temple, it gave Vashni pause. 

"We will find out when we get there." She said firmly, yet politely. 

@pokemonlover360 @Tarn @Onaku @~Xemnas~ @Harvali

Edited by Snelly
  • Like 1

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

3 minutes ago, Toru Nui said:

"Welcome, warning, basically the same thing 'round here. Well, personally, I feel like I've come too far to turn back now, so..." Enra shrugged, and stepped forth into the place of nightmares. As you do.

IC: Xane - Irnakk's Tooth

Reading his rifle, Xane followed Enra inside. 

3 minutes ago, Toru Nui said:

"It is not power we require. We are searching for the fugitive known as Takadox." Another Vahki held up an iStone with the warlord's photograph displayed, much like how it had been shown to Mahryo and company earlier. "Have you seen this entity?"

IC: Whisper - Northern Desert

"I'm not familiar with such a creature, I'm afraid." 

• Like 1

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Sorilax - Aspect of Shadow and Silence - Aspects of Makuta

Location - Le-Metru Nuva - On the Northwestern fringes of the Fau Swamp

Reaching the base of the perch, Sorilax turned from the ladder and visually took in the village. They had made nine huts and four larger platforms so far, with most of the time spent making bridges between the trees. The structures were all at varying levels of height and all tried to mesh with the trees in which they were built. Both to better hide from beings and Rahi passing below and secondly to keep the trees strong, allowing room for future growth and expansion of the tree limbs that offered support to what had been painstakingly built.

There were yellow berries (which were very poisonous; Sorilax had pointed that out almost too late) that made a great dye which was now being applied as accents to the largest hut that had been made. That hut in particular was made for village business, be it trade or political matters. Currently it housed most of the 43 inhabitants of Le-Metru Nuva, but as they expanded the building would morph over to its intended purpose.

The Toa of fire walked by, carrying empty jugs of water that would need to be refilled. The Toa gave a nod in greeting to Sorilax. The Aspect nodded his head and raised his long arm to wave his greeting. There was a horrible chittering sound that quieted the swamp for a few moments. The villagers froze, alert. A single cough broke the silence. A minute passed before the villagers started to move about their morning business again, hesitant and full of uncertainty.

Frowning, Sorilax thought of the sound, scratching at his chin. A giant centipede, most likely, though he didn’t have his insect scroll on him to confirm. Great jumping Mahi he hated those things. Why did they have to grow so big in the swamp? At least you could squish the small ones. The big ones you had to kill. There was a large difference there. 

Pondering it more, Sorilax wondered if perhaps the centipede is what had killed the Matoran and the Steltian. It would make sense. Even at that size, the Fau Swamp giant centipedes struck fast and could move faster, often between the trees, ignoring the muck that passed for land in these parts. They were vicious and ate everything they could. They normally only ate other insects, but the larger they grew, the more they diversified.

Yes, it definitely fit. And if one was around, it was a danger to the village that needed to be taken care of. After all, they loved climbing trees, and now the village was amongst the trees.

Sorilax chuckled to himself at that. Though they were giant, the centipedes were just insects after all. They couldn’t love climbing trees as he thought of it.

A passing Matoran gave him an odd look due to the seemingly random chuckle. The Matoran shifted several boards of wood from one shoulder to the other and continued on his way, wondering at the strangeness of the new being they had collectively befriended.

Though he wasn’t much of a fighter, Sorilax knew from experience traversing this swamp that his ability to move completely silent couldn’t be overlooked in this endeavor. He also had the knowledge necessary to combat the centipede. He would need to be the one to go out and kill that thing. Well, him and the Toa of fire. Like most insects, giant centipedes hated fire.

Sorilax headed after the empty water jug toting Toa. They had a hunt to plan.

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

IC: Nale Vella - "Po-Koro"

"Well, that's good, I suppose," she said to Pardehi, before looking to Kanohi.

"Yes, perhaps," Nale replied to the Fe-Matoran, smiling. She looked to Ulkarr and Klawne. Realizing she'd never met them prior and not wanting to be rude, Nale gave a small wave, and then followed the group as they began moving.

@Harvali@Biological Chronicler@Toru Nui

IC: Rose - Cargo Hauler

"Yeah, get to know each other! Likes and dislikes, kill counts...the fun stuff. We can even sing songs!"

@Snelly@Toru Nui

Edited by Tarn
forgot an interaction
  • Like 1

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

On 4/8/2020 at 10:01 PM, Biological Chronicler said:

IC: Karai - Metru Koro (Sanso's Saloon)

@BULiK

IC: Knichou, Metru-Koro, Sanso's Saloon

Knichou looked pleased, apparently he had run into the right man for the job. He knew his luck had to change sooner or later.

"Good, those are the skills we need. I'll be sure to talk with you about those supplies issues first thing in the morning. Speaking of..."

The Fe-Toa carefully got up from his seat and looked at his new companions. "It's getting late and I have other business to attend to, so I'll be brief. Gather your things, get some rest, and if you want to come and see the rest of this island before everything hits the fan again, be at my ship at dawn. Look for the Taku near the main gates, it's a huge ##### airship, it'll be hard to miss. If you have any friends or colleagues that might want to join, have 'em show up then too, we'll sort the details out then."

"And even though you aren't exactly the typical airship crewman, this employment offer goes for you too, Dr. ????" Knichou's voice trailed off as he realized he only knew one name so far out of the three people he'd been speaking to. Triage piped up to answer.

"Yes, I'm in, and my name's Tri-"

"Aight good tree-guy, seeya tomorrowwww," Knichou interrupted, walking out of the bar while shooting a finger gun in Triage's direction. The crew wasn't set in stone yet, but Knichou was excited. And inebriated, but mostly excited.

OOC: Triage dialogue by @Tarn. You can go ahead and timeskip your characters to showing up to the ship in the morning whenever you want, I'll get another Knichou post soon afterwards.

Edited by BULiK

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC: Taja | Metru-Koro

Despite her hopes, no one appeared. Taja swallowed her disappointment and silently chastised herself for being lazy. It was her responsibility to develop her skills, not hope someone would do it for her. Now that the astronomy centre was finished, she would have some time to herself. She decided to wake up early the next day and train.

The sun peered over the hills to behold a lone Toa standing outside of Metru-Koro, her breath clouding in the cold morning air. Taja closed her eyes and savoured the warmth of daylight on her face. Around her, the shape of the wasteland began to take form as the darkness was banished by the soft morning light.

Eyes still closed, the De-Toa reached out with her senses, opening her ears to the sounds of the island. She heard the skittering of insects on the sand and the scampering of small nocturnal Rahi retreating to their dens. She listened to the rustling of the wind in the stunted, scraggly trees. She heard the sounds of the village awakening: opening doors, footsteps on the earth, and the occasional yawn.

She pushed harder. She heard the wind in the sand dunes to the north. She heard something splashing in the lake of protodermis that leaked from Metru-Nui. She listened to the chirps of birds awakening in the swamps to the south. And, far above, she heard the distant fluttering of wings.

Abruptly, her eyes snapped open. Her hearing receded to normal, and she was aware of sweat on her upper lip. The concentration required to listen at such distances without being overwhelmed was draining, but she was already leaps ahead of where she had been even a few days ago. She couldn't hold it for long, but she was steadily improving. She hoped to soon be able to listen to even the farthest reaches of the island, to the mountains in the north and the rumoured islands in the distant south.

That was probably still a long ways off. Taking a deep breath, she closed her eyes and tried again.

Edited by Eyru
  • Like 1

IC: Knichou, Metru-Koro outskirts, The Taku's parking spot

Karai arrived to see the Taku sitting precariously on hasty-assembled pillars of iron. Knichou had built them overnight so that there was a place he could rest the ship comfortably without using the precious kanoka supply overnight to keep the ship afloat. The Ta-Matoran was not the first of the new crew to arrive as the sky began to brighten, overwhelming the sparkling stars above. Beneath the ship multiple figures were visible - a Ta-Lesterin was securing a crate of supplies to the crane that descended from the cargo bay, and an Onu-matoran nearby double checked the manifests on the last crate visible on the ground around the ship. The new crew members exchanged greetings with Karai. The Ta-Matoran quickly learned that the Lesterin was Exuze, a welder who formerly worked in Ta-Metru factories, with the Onu-Matoran being Arnex, a former dock worker adjusting to her new life in a world lacking proper vehicle docking facilities.

When Karai climbed the ladder to enter the vast cargo bay, Knichou heard his whistle and waved at the matoran from the catwalks above, where the Toa was operating the crane. The Fe-Toa shouted below.

"Hey down there! Glad you were able to make it! Come on up - there's space for your belongings up here!"

The Toa looked behind him as he heard the loud clunk of something hitting the body of the airship above him. The hatch on top of the bridge opened for Suhaku to jump down. Berys, the Le-Matoran who was engrossed with the myriad of controls on the dashboard, was startled and almost fell over, catching his balance by grabbing a handle above him. A handle that was the ship's foghorn control. His weight yanked the handle downwards, and the Taku let out a deep bellow, the unfortunate alarm clock of many who were just trying to get a decent night's sleep after the apocalypse. Knichou gave a sigh and a stern look to Berys, who supposedly was a pilot himself back in Le-Metru, not that Knichou could check his previous employers to confirm if he was any good at piloting.

"I was able to find some others last night after I met you and Doctor T, and they knew where I could get some supplies in exchange for shipping some to a nearby settlement. Not the biggest of hauls, but it's a start and I really needed the kanoka to keep this baby afloat. We're almost ready - once everyone's here we can set off. There's a room connected to the bridge where you can put your gear. A bit tight for now given I wasn't expecting to have so many guests, but it'll do until we can convert some space down below."

Edited by BULiK

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC: Taja | Metru-Koro Outskirts

Taja's sense were wrenched back to her body as the air filled a low, rumbling bellow, so loud the air itself seemed to shake. She barely managed to close off her hearing in time to prevent damage, but wasn't quick enough to ward off the splitting headache that accompanied an unexpected earful of sound. She pressed her fingers to her temples and breathed through it, waiting for the pain to subside.

When the pain settled to a dull ache behind her eyes, the De-Toa looked around to pinpoint the source of the sound. It wasn't hard. The booming foghorn almost seemed to leave a physical trail in the air that she could follow, and it led her to a makeshift shipyard outside the Koro. An airship rested there on crude pillars of iron, and from the looks of it, everything was being prepped for departure.

Looking up, Taja could make out some of the figures moving about the ship, although it was still too dark for her to get a proper look. She directed her voice up to them:

"The horn works, in case you were wondering."

• Like 1

IC Yumiwak | The Rig

"Good, let's go to the Panda and pay McGrokk a visit," I said. 

The Panda, my ship, was a gorgeous single-masted flybridge sloop, built originally a long time ago and subsequently modified with new technologies as we've discovered taken them. It stayed moored on my pier, and...

Well anyway, we got on my boat and went to visit "Kunok McGrokk, Trader and Talespinner Extraordinaire." That's what his shop's sign says, anyway. We knocked on the door.

IC Stannis | Metru Koro

"Arkius, stop!" Stannis barked. "Do you intend to fight every Skakdi on this land? Because while you may be here for the sake of justice not all you've gathered are with the same intent.

OOC: Basically I knew I needed to post... something, but I also have no drive to do so (resurgent Minecraft addiction) and it's after midnight. So there it is. : ) 

IC: Triage - The Taku's Parking Spot

The Bo-Toa followed not long after Karai had arrived, clutching his satchel close and eyeing the ship's existing crewmembers with what was either suspicion, or an attempt at focusing his eyes after having just woken up. The foghorn bellowed and he winced, raising his hands to his audio receptors in vain. Hopefully that didn't wake the whole village up.

Triage climbed aboard into the cargo bay, and waved up at Knichou, letting out a small yawn. "Ship's doctor has arrived," he said. 

@BULiK

IC: Datrox Karvan - Metru-Koro Gates

Ah yes, the arm.

"No, actually," I replied, "I've had it for long enough that some times I forget it's a replacement." Liar. I gave Falh a fake smile and shrugged, before turning back to the other Ta-Toa. "I think our leader can explain it better, but he's a bit preoccupied. I'm Datrox," I said with a slight bow. "Pleasure to meet you."

@Dane@The UltimoScorp

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC [Vent, Providence - Strange Tunnels]:

It took a few moments for the Aspect to find the right position for his body to fit into the tunnel opening. It became very narrow and difficult to navigate at first. If he tried to force himself through at the wrong angle his armor might get stuck, putting a premature end to the exploration. But the further the duo pushed, the easier it became. 

Away from where the daylight could reach the rock and soil, solanaceous growths flourished, alongside moss and fungi and things best left unthought about. They coated the walls of passage, making them slimy and slippery enough to pass through. But they still encountered narrows that could only be traversed by squeezing through sideways, which were especially tricky to get a Mahi to fit through. But they managed.

The further away they got from the outside, the more intense the smell of the dank caverns became, until it was the only smell left, only varying in its intensity.

Eventually, the duo’s path opened up into a larger cavern, or rather a larger tunnel. They could go either left or right, something only Providence could see at the moment. It was too dark to see for Vent. The only tell in the utter blackness surrounding him was that the noises had changed: Rufus' breathing echoed a bit more, indicating the larger space. In addition, he noticed a slight draft coming from his right.

And then, the two noticed a soft thumping noise disrupting the silence around them. It was low and almost more felt than heard. But it was there. The question was, where did it come from, and what was causing it?

OOC: @Burnmad @Dane

IC [Kunok McGrokk]:

Yumiwak’s fingers rapping went unanswered at first. She frowned and knocked again. There was a rustling sound from the opposite side of the door, then a clatter and the distinct shattering of something made of glass followed by a muffled “Ow!”

Footsteps thudded closer, someone was muttering as they did. “...sign says ‘appointment only’...is that so difficult to get...stupid...” Looking at the shop front...there was clearly no such sign.

The next instant, the door was yanked open, but only as far as the multiple heavy locking chains becoming visible in the gap allowed. Next appeared a Skakdi face. Disheveled didn’t begin to describe it, at least in the moment. “Yes!?” it croaked.

The Skakdi gathered outside the door now all looked at him - and as if someone had flipped a switch, the visage that might well have been the dictionary entry on ‘not a morning person’ fell away, instantly replaced by a toothy, suave grin. A bit of gold glinted as the Skakdi flashed his smile.

“Well, hello there!” he greeted them. “Do mine eyes deceive me or is that the lovely Yumiwak and friends come to pay visit to this humble establishment? Just a sec, I’ll be riiight with ya.”

The face disappeared for a moment, as deft fingers undid chains and unlatched the door. It opened wide, revealing the owner of the face: Before them stood a Skakdi-Xa of average height and rich brown color. His spines were long, flexible and bent from the sleep the visitors had clearly woken him from, but they fit right into his look. Double dewlaps dangled from his chin and were held together like an odd beard by piercings. In fact the Skakdi had numerous pieces of integrated jewelry, from his eyebrows to his frills and spine, all the way down to his stubby tail. Not a ridiculous amount, but enough for any Skakdi to pay for their own funeral several times over. His look was completed by the robes he wore. Judging by his initial appearance, they must have been his sleeping attire, but the way he carried himself now, they seemed befitting of a king or emperor.

The space he stood in was...a mess. Cloth piled high on baskets and boxes and other means of storage and every last bit of space available was filled with...stuff. It was just so much stuff.

He spread his arms wide. “Kunok McGrokk, at your service! Come in, come in and tell me what you seek, as that is clearly why you’re here - for anything worth seeking I either possess or can procure.”

He chuckled, and the sound was echoed by his trappings.

“Well, anything within reason, that is.”

OOC: @EmperorWhenua

Edited by Vezok's Friend
  • Like 2

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC: Falh - Zakaz, Metru-Koro

The Ko-Toa opened his mouth to retort, only for the scratchy feeling to get worse. A sickening pain not unlike intense dehydration was beginning to slither up Falh's spine and into his head. A lump in his throat.

"Well...y-you better..." Falh didn't finish the sentence, he knew better than to string things out when it came. Short answers, look away. Kat and Datrox's reddish forms were little more than fuzz in front of him.

He needed a drink. Some water, did they have any? No, he couldn't ask. No weakness. Wait it out. Wait it out.

Falh looked away from the others, trying his absolute best to look stoic. He didn't know how long the spells would last, they were getting weaker, he knew that. But if they continued much longer than a few more days...

Why did you have to leave us, Jaeh?

OOC: @Tarn @The UltimoScorp

IC: Vent - Zakaz, The Tunnels

Vent unconsciously moved a hand to Rufus' back, slightly comforted by the little Mahi's presence but admittedly a little intimidated by the mysterious, gigantic cavern.

"Baa?"

"You hear that, Provvie? Thumping, like someone's having a dance party. Wonder where it's coming from?"

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator@Burnmad

IC: Zai - Zakaz, McGrokk's

Zai, as always, was slightly on edge. The cramped nature of the room made her feel trapped, and the strange old man greeting them did not help a bit. But Yumiwak trusted him, and she must as well. 

"Is cleanliness not a concern for you, old man?" Zai asked, claws fingering her kukri sheath idly. 

OOC: @Tarn @EmperorWhenua @Vezok's Friend

Edited by Dane

7 hours ago, Tarn said:

IC: Triage - The Taku's Parking Spot

IC: Knichou, Metru-Koro outskirts, Taku's parking spot

Knichou was pleased that everyone he was hoping would make it had arrived. He gave a nod to Triage, then beckoned Berys to come over to him, directing him to take over the crane controls. The Le-Matoran took over the controls and used the crane to hoist the large crate into the cargo bay while Knichou continued to talk to the new crew members that were arriving.

"I dunno if you heard me talking earlier Doc, but you can place your gear up here in the crew quarters connected to the bridge. We're almost ready for takeoff."

10 hours ago, Eyru said:

IC: Taja | Metru-Koro Outskirts

Looking up, Taja could make out some of the figures moving about the ship, although it was still too dark for her to get a proper look. She directed her voice up to them:

"The horn works, in case you were wondering."

It was then that Knichou heard someone complain about the horn. He looked to where the new voice was coming from and found nothing. Either someone invisible was around, there was a ventriloquist nearby, or Knichou put the wrong fungi on his breakfast this morning.

"Uhhh, do you guys hear that too?" He addressed nobody in particular.

IC: Ulkarr and Klawne (Po-Koro)

Klawne waved back to Nale. Ulkarr didn't seem to notice.

@Tarn@Harvali@Biological Chronicler

"Unless you are willing to aid in his capture, please, exit the vehicle."

@Nato the Traveler@Edelgard@Jakura Nuva@ZippyWharrgarbl@xccj

IC: Waveahk (Metru-Koro, Outside Sans's Hut, Cargo Hauler)

"We're barely two minutes in and already I'm regretting this."

@Tarn@Snelly@TL01 NUVA

IC: Gnabol (Wilderness, Aqua Sphere Trail)

"Warping the fabric of time or not, I'm still following that Sphere. I mean, what else is there to do, except starve and die?"

@Smudge8

IC: Yaushe - Desert

Realising no one else was likely going to dissuade Triki from throwing himself headfirst into whatever this entity was going to do (though NU did seem to be trying to send the being off), she resigned herself to having to speak up. Engine noise and metal sounds came together to grind out, "No solicitors. Ain't interested."

The phrase felt... not familiar, but known. But surely she'd feel more deja vu on the situation if it were a regular occurrence to have beings such as this selling things. Nevertheless, they really didn't need Triki getting it in his head to go poking around looking for hearts.

OOC:

@Toru Nui@Edelgard@Nato the Traveler@xccj@Jakura Nuva

Edited by ZippyWharrgarbl
I keep forgetting the @
  • Like 1

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

IC [Kunok McGrokk]:

“If you think I am that old and unclean, there’s a broom just behind the door, give an old fella hand while the rest of us do business. If you’re old enough to play with knives you can hold a broom. Chop-chop, now!”

OOC: @Dane

Edited by Vezok's Friend
  • Like 3

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

Very slowly, NU-8020S's head rotated to face where the words had come from - the cargo hold. But she could see clearly through the open door that the only thing in there aside from the rest of her squad - who's voices sounded nothing like that - was... the van?

@ZippyWharrgarbl@Edelgard@Jakura Nuva@xccj@Nato the Traveler

• Like 1

IC: Yaushe - lol

NU-8020S would not hear anything further from the van, but might feel as if it were looking at her somehow- likely with an emotion best described as "yeah, what're you gonna do about it?". Yaushe was holding in laughter as best she could. Somehow, despite the robot not having all that much of an expression... she still couldn't get over the look on her face.

• Like 2

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.