Six Kingdoms: Rebirth - Gameplay

Unreliable Narrator

IC: Yaushe -  The Scrapshop

Skakdi techs...  the term floated to the forefront of Yaushe's mind, along with some descriptors. Maybe she'd used them before?

Wait. Scrap. Uh.

"Scrap? I. Uh. Hm. What do you mean by that? I fell off the transport without much in me- on me. On. My person. I don't know if I have scrap."

OOC: @Dane

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

IC: Mega - Zakaz, The Scrapshop

Mega sighed, leaning back against the entrance to the garage. Another freeloader.

"Well shoot, darlin', I dunno what to say to ya." She paused, thinking. 

"You completely broke? Got nothing you can trade with me?" Her yellow eyes squinted at the tinted window, trying to make out the person inside.

OOC: @ZippyWharrgarbl

IC: Yaushe - The Scrapshop

Yaushe racked her brain. She... she would have had a wallet, right? Or some money, somewhere. She had gone to get repairs done before ending up in this mess, after all. She must have had some way to pay. She flipped and unflipped light shades, opened and closed compartments, opened the glovebox-

And realised she had no way of handing anything over.

"I don't know," Yaushe said. She could potentially make do without her radio- the thing was busted, and the only reason it still was busted was because getting out of the desert seemed a more pressing issue than fixing the radio- and she could sense her wallet in the glovebox, a more tempting offer to make, given she had no idea about this mechanic's skills and didn't want some hack jabbing a screwdriver around her insides. But either option would require the Matoran to get in the van. In the front seat, no less.

Unless...

"I... wait. My wallet's in the glovebox, I think. I'll open the door for you, but I... I have to move to the back of the van. Don't look. I'm... very shy. Yeah."

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

IC: Reson – Three Days Ago

A storm of smiling, snarling skakdi tore through the village walls, lashing light lancing from their eyes, cruel blades carving a savage swathe through the terrified defenders in their path. Blood slicked the sand. Screams pierced the air. 

Reson fought. 

Reson fell.

Terrible machines of metal and malice stalked past his dying form, stomping on the makeshift shelters the Matoran had built, devastating weaponry obliterating their bodies and belongings alike. They'd never stood a chance.

Reson woke with a muffled curse, hands flailing for his staff. He was in Metru-Koro, the stars shining overhead, the sand cool beneath him. There were no skakdi attacking, no Matoran being torn apart, no spear through his own torso. 

It wasn't real. At least, not yet.

Tentatively, he reached up to brush his fingertips over the Kanohi covering his face. It felt warm to the touch, and tingled with power, a clear indication that this had been far more than a mere bad dream. The village in the vision hadn't been this one. The people dying hadn't been the ones sleeping in the tents and huts around him. 

Part of him wanted to just ignore it all and go back to sleep. Part of him dreaded what other dreams may come if he did. Part of him knew it was his duty to follow the vision, to ensure the catastrophe he'd witnessed never came to pass. 

The latter part won, and he set off into the desert as morning broke over the Wasteland. 

He'd heard that other survivors had established a settlement, "Po-Koro", in amidst the stony plateaus closer to the mountains. The terrain sounded like a match to what he'd glimpsed in the grim foretelling.

As he walked, he hoped the vision proved to be nothing. That was the trouble with an Olisi - it wasn't like a Mask of Clairvoyance, which showed people snippets of the future that they were then powerless to change - the Olisi showed possible futures, alternate timelines, glimpses of what could be, not what would be.  The mask had led him on a few embarrassing misadventures over the years, but it had also led him into disasters and nightmares.

He hoped that wouldn't be the case this time.

Po-Koro Walls – Present Day

Two days later, standing atop the ramshackle walls of Po-Koro, Reson's hopes were dashed. 

"Well, bugger me." 

• Like 1

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Mega - Zakaz, The Scrapshop

The hardy Fa-Matoran shook her head, putting her hands on her hips.

"Nah, if you're one of them folks that came a week ago from the head, I got bad news. Money means nothin' round here. Scrap I can use, pieces of paper less so." Mega looked to the van, thinking things over.

"Say, you goin' down Po-Koro way? If you can give me a ride down there, I'll fix up your rig so it's nice and smooth for the wastes." She grinned. "Got a delivery that needs makin' and I'd rather not fix up my bike for the fiftyieth time this week!"

IC: Yaushe - >:V

Yaushe snapped her glovebox shut. Dang.

"Is Po-Koro close?" she ventured cautiously. "Or, I don't know, the closest town, at least?"

"I'm guessin' ya don't wanna deal with Skakdi? In that case, you'd be right. Po-Koro's closest thing to a town that less stabby blasty folk like to live in. Business ain't great, mind, but people seem friendly. Course there's a few of my lot hangin' around in places but Skakdi like to pick those off..."

She trailed off, looking out into the red sands.

"...But yeah. Po-Koro's ya best bet if you're looking for a decent settlement. Bout a day's trip though. You good with that?"

"A few of my friends are Skakdi," Yaushe rumbled out. "But... sure. Whatever. I just need somewhere to wait for my buddies to find me again. I figure this Po-Koro place seems a good enough town for that. But... Is there any way to do this without you... looking up front?"

IC: Ulkarr and Klawne (Mountains)

"Of course." Ulkarr wasn't entirely sure how Pardehi or Kanohi expected him to do so if he was unaware of his powers, but he didn't really know what he was expecting.

Klawne began to walk up to where Kanohi said to go, ready to activate her mask power at any moment.

@Biological Chronicler@Harvali@Tarn

IC: Ostrox and Navu (Metru-Koro)

Amazing. He'd only been here a minute and already he'd managed to anger the locals through simply existing. That was absolutely hilarious. He cheerily waved hello to Falh before continuing to follow Zaliyah.

Navu had heard everything the Toa and the not-Toa had said. The League, here? To negotiate? It made her feel... ill. How could they expect anyone here to anything they have to say? Why weren't they being attacked right now? She...

She was craving bloodshed instead of peace because of her own problems. She wondered if it was worth following them from a distance and listening in.

She would follow them from a distance and listen in.

@Dane@Nato the Traveler@EmperorWhenua

IC: NU-8020S (Northern Desert, Vahki Transport)

Oh what a shame. The talking van vastly inferior to this vehicle fell out of the rear ramp. If only one of the Vahki had remembered to seal it after she told them to open it after hearing it talk. Hopefully, the organics would be too preoccupied with breathing and sweating as organics do to notice.

The Transport continued to make its way towards the source of the smoke on the horizon.

OOC: I was talking with Zippy to try and contrive a way Yaushe could have fallen out of the Transport without phasing through the walls, and this was the best we could come up with.

@Unreliable Narrator@Edelgard@Jakura Nuva@xccj

IC: Tekmo and Waveahk (Metru-Koro Outskirts, Cargo Hauler)

Tekmo shrugged, and began polishing his shield. It had to be shiny and immaculate when the time for battle came - if the time for battle came. The if was important. He spared an occasional glance to the rear windows to check if Skorm and Keitara were still following them, which they were.

They were now outside the confines of Metru-Koro. It had taken them long enough. Waveahk had no idea how long it would take them to get to the Islets and back, but it certainly wasn't something you could do in a day. He'd have to put up with these idiots for a while. Oh, and also Irna, she didn't quite fit into that category.

@Tarn@Snelly@Conway@Keeper of Kraata@TL01 NUVA

IC: Enra (Irnakk's Tooth, Death's Doorstep)

"Uh huh." Enra was a little too scared out of her mind to produce anything other than monosyllables.

@Nato the Traveler

IC: Gnabol (Wilderness, Aqua Sphere Trail)

Now, few things provoked any sort of reaction from Gnabol. Among these few were the cries of children. Immediately putting two and two together, Gnabol rushed inside one of the tents.

@Unreliable Narrator@Smudge8

IC: Xane - Irnakk's Tooth

"You're right. To karzahni with this place." Xane began to cautiously back out of the cavern. 

• Like 1

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Barius - Po-Koro

A heavily-armored figure crested the hill, standing out among the fleet of vehicles that swarmed around it. As the front lines of the Warskaks descended upon the measly village before him, Barius' hulking frame broke into a run. Being in front was foolish, but delaying his entry to the fight would be cowardly, which was a far greater offense among this band of skaks.

With a great shout that was audible even over the roar of vehicles, he sent his ACR half-sprinting, half-sliding down the sandy hillside, scanning the walls for anyone worthy of dying by his hand.

OOC: @Conway @Nato the Traveler @Unreliable Narrator @Keeper of Kraata

Edited by Burnmad

IC: Yaushe - Uhhh

"Yaushe. Look, it's... really important. To me. And I don't have a curtain or anything up, so... this is gonna have to be a trust thing."

She was beginning to wonder if it'd be easier to just tell the mechanic. But, the few times she'd had to explain before, it took so long and left her a little concerned for reasons she couldn't place. Distrust was probably at the centre of it. At least with her friends, she was relatively certain most of them wouldn't sell her off or anything.

IC: Reson - Po-Koro

Skakdi were scary. 

Even in casual conversation, those gnarled grins of theirs made them appear just as inclined to chew your head off as continue speaking with you. But in battle, they were an entirely different kind of terrifying. 

Snarling and screeching their savage war cries, the band of roving warskaks descended towards the village on their silvery steeds, clearing the path before them with projectiles and elemental blasts. Those who drew close to where Reson stood were driven back with sonic booms and blasts that left their ears ringing and bleeding, but the effort did little to turn the tide. 

But backwards and brutal though they were, these skakdi were too well-organised not to be operating under some kind of command. The defeat of their leader might be enough to rout them, or at the very least give them pause.

So Reson surveyed the horde for the biggest, meanest skakdi he could see, before sending a spear-like blast of screaming sound in their direction.

OOC: The biggest, meanest skakdi in the vicinity would be Barius. @Burnmad

With his eyes already focused on the walls, Barius was able to react just quickly enough to dodge the sonic blast. It went through the empty air where he'd just been standing, ruining the day of some other poor skaklet behind him. But even with it missing him, his ears rang a bit.

His eyes narrowed as he dug his feet into the sand, leaning backwards to stop his motion. Vision sharp even without access to his telescopic vision, he sought out the source of the attack.

There. De-Toa. Slim, didn't look like much. But brave enough to fire at him of all people. Barius would see if he was as scrawny as he looked.

He pushed off the hillside, resuming his advance. He was getting close to the walls, now. Close enough, anyway. He raised his arm, sending a gout of flaming napalm arcing up into the air, simultaneously providing cover from further attack, and making the wall a very unsafe place to be.

OOC: @Nato the Traveler

Edited by Burnmad

Oh karz. 

"Get back! Off the wall!" He roared, magnifying his voice with his powers as he retreated towards the village structures. Clinging liquid fire clawed at the wall in his wake as he leaped away. Once everyone was clear he turned back and unleashed a blast of sonic energy at the wall, intending to blast the flaming section to splinters and send the shards flying straight back into the ranks of attackers.

OOC: @Burnmad

The great grey skak was nearing the wall when the flaming upper section was blown apart. He raised a large, armored hand in front of his exposed face and neck-- hot, burning wooden shards bounced off his armor, and off his hard, calloused skin. He had the Kraata bulging out of his nape to thank for that. Other skaks near him were less lucky, suffering minor lacerations and slightly less-minor burns.

He'd been intending to bust a hole in the wall himself, in order to gain entry into the settlement, but the brand new gash in its upper half gave him a better idea. He squatted, hydraulically-powered legs curling up, and then rapidly straightening, propelling the entire apparatus up and through the hole, with him inside it. Like a great cannonball, he came crashing down on the other side, crushing some unfortunate soul beneath him.

Immediately, he pushed himself back to his feet, searching for the De-Toa he'd set his sights on.

OOC: @Nato the Traveler

The tinkerer tilted her head, before eventually shrugging. Some people just wanted privacy, that was okay. So long as she got her ride, she was cool with her strange, elusive friend.

"Right, well, if ya sure, it don't matter that much to me. Ya gonna have to step out of the car for a while, though, because if ya want these new wheels I gotta put this on the carlift. I'll take good care of her, don't you worry." She winked, fiddling with her bandana.

He didn't need his Kanohi to tell him that he'd made a terrible mistake by drawing this skakdi's ire. 

The being towered over all others in his vicinity, a veritable mountain of meat and muscle. But that exo-suit he wore looked to be a hodge-podge of parts, not unlike Reson's own armour, and that was, perhaps, a weakness Reson could try to exploit.

He pointed his staff towards the warskak and sent wailing waves of sonic energy rolling towards him, in an effort to disrupt the structural integrity of the suit's myriad of mismatched components through repeated, random reverberations. 

OOC: @Burnmad

Edited by Nato the Traveler

IC: Yaushe - Oh No

"... No, that's okay. Don't mind staying in here while you work."

Yaushe, truthfully, hated staying in her vessel for repairs. While it didn't hurt, the feeling of having her parts removed or messed with was very uncomfortable. But she couldn't simply step out of the car. For one thing, she'd need feet for that.

• Like 1

IC: Yaushe - Wasn't Sure That Would Work

Yaushe vented a sigh of relief and rolled onto one of the lifts. She hated these things ever since she accidentally crushed herself from falling from one, but tried not to tense up as she felt herself roll onto it. "Thanks."

Mega sighed very deeply before raising the jack, the lift going upwards on the van with ease. Using the skateboard-like creeper underneath the lift, she rolled underneath the van, flashlight at the ready to take a look at the suspension and the like.

"Seems mostly compatible so far, darlin'. Might need a bit of a tune up so the suspension doesn't pop but the wheels should fit just fine." She mumbled from underneath.

IC: Yaushe - Uncomfy

"Mhm." Yaushe was struggling not to rattle. Why was she shaking? Sure, it was weird still being in the van for once while being lifted, but... but she wasn't going to fall. And if she did, it wouldn't hurt her, just... just...

"Hey, uh. I- I mean, the van's all secure, right? Completely secure?" Even with her odd voice, Mega might pick up that Yaushe was sounding a little too concerned for what the situation called for.

"Completely secure. Just keep still in there, 'kay? Don't want you shakin' any-" Something caught her eye as she inspected the underside of the van with her flashlight. Old, but still very much there, and concerning. Perhaps the slightly more copper tinge to the oily stench she was used to tipped her off.

Most of it had been cleaned off very well, but something stuck out in the mechanics. Mega had seen a lot, but it still wasn't very pretty to look at. 

"...Look, level with me here, Yaushe. You a murderer?" The Fa-Matoran asked, quietly. 

Edited by Dane

IC: Yaushe: Uhhhhhh

"What?!" The sound had a sharpness to it, like metal scraping quickly on metal. "No! I'm a... a..."

It was weird to say 'Toa'. But that's what she was, right? Once. "I'm a Toa. I don't kill people! Why would you even say that?!"

A Toa. If she was telling the truth, she was an odd acting Toa. Not that they ever acted like people expected them to, in any case.

"Because..." Mega began, bringing her bandana up to her face to protect from any stray oil or worse substances as she inspected the underside of the van. "...I know cleaned up gore when I see it. Ya think those Skakdi technicals are brand spankin' new when I get my hands on 'em?"

She looked to her side, almost wishing she'd kept her rifle nearby. Unfortunately the only thing close was her cutting axe. If things got ugly that would have to do. 

"Now, I'm gonna ask again. I don't judge, I just wanna know if I'm safe is all."

IC: Yaushe - Oh Gross

"... It's still on me?"

Her fluids went cold. Mega might notice the whole vehicle stiffen.

"Oh. Oh, Great Spirit, I thought it was all gone. It was meant to be all gone. They said it was gone, Great Beings, why is it still on me?!"

There was a noise, a lengthy groaning that carried a strong notion of dread.

Mega didn't often feel unwell at the sight of gore. But admittedly, someone of Yaushe's worrying disposition hadn't really rolled up to her garage before. The context made it complete night and day between what she normally saw and what she was looking at now.

The Fa-Matoran rolled out from under the van. She needed a minute. 

There was a CLICK as Mega lit herself another cigarette, hands shaking slightly. She needed a minute.

Her rifle sat on a wall nearby. 

Edited by Dane

Yaushe's chassis shook a little as she slowly regained her composure. So she still had... well, so what? She'd just... get a proper clean later. Somewhere they don't ask questions, she guessed. Her vents hissed a few times as she took a few breaths of air.

"... Sorry. I overreacted. These dang lifting things make me nervous, that's all. Just... ignore that other stuff."

"I'll still do your delivery. I'm... sorry. Look, this is weird to explain, but... Maybe it's better if I showed you. I think the visual part helps."

There was a soft click as the door facing Mega opened, swinging to reveal...

Nothing.

The driver's seat was empty. There was no arm to open the door, either. There had been no sounds of movement from within, just silence.

Machinery moved, and the source became far more clear- and far more confusing.

"I'm no murderer. Whatever you saw down there was mine. Or... was. Sorry for... overreacting. It's a touchy subject. Bit too soon."

"You..."

It took a minute to process. Mega looked completely dumbfounded, almost tempted to check the underside again to see if this wasn't some magic trick. But she remembered how the van seemed to move as the voice's emotions changed, how it groaned almost as if it were alive.

She almost wished she drank, because alcohol sounded very good at that moment.

"Darlin', I have many, many questions."

OOC: now to be fair, me and @Azibo did set this up when Po-Koro was creating. Also, I totally saw this coming. Just thought it would be later on. 

IC Po-Koro - screwed

The horde was upon them like an oil tide, shades of every color glinting with flashy teeth and metal blades. They slammed towards Po-Koro, the stone huts trembling and cracking from their vibrations alone. Dalu began to fire her Staff of Confusion, trying to disorientate the Skakdi as thru charged. But most were sheltered in their strange vehicles, and the rest were moving so fast. Perhaps a few were distracted, some even attacking a their fellows or wrecking their ACR, but the horde continued on. Like a monolith blotting out the sun.

As the apocalypse came to Po-Koro, smoke began to rise. Not the smoke of burning huts, not yet at least. No, it was a message. The smoke signal stretched into the sky, screaming out to Metru-Koro, pleading for anyone to help. A desperate cry, arranged between the refugee camps. But would it even be noticed?

IC Kanohi - Mountains

Kanohi did not see the smoke signal. His back was to Po-Koro, his attention completely fixed on what was probably a terrible plan of his. The fact that he didn’t know what Toa Ulkarr’s element was didn’t help, not to mention the Toa did not seem to recognize what a mask was. But whatever his element, it could at least distract the foes. And he … they had to help the Matoran, even if it was to bury her.

Okay,” he swallowed, “I will try to bait some of these Rahi. Turaga Klawne g-get ready to move.” And then with a point of his wrists Kanohi fired a ball of gravity, grappling directly past one of the cats. As he soared past its nostrils flared, before it began to barrel after him, its treads a blur and it’s flaws ripping up the landscape. 

Kanohi grappled across the mountain, streaking past another beast. As it turned after him the first Rahi knocked into it, distracted by the chase. The two Rahi huffed and roared at each other, preparing to rake their claws against the other. Kanohi could not stay to look he … he had to keep moving, keep distracting them. 

OOC: @Sparticus147 @Tarn @Biological Chronicler @Toru Nui

• Like 1

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

IC: Falh - Zakaz, Metru-Koro

He glared back at Ostrox, but his gaze soon went to something more important. The airship was still very much landed. Perhaps he could have a personal chat with this "Tugarak" himself. 

Falh looked to Datrox, and back to the Ripple.

"I'm going for a talk. Stay here if you'd like, it doesn't bother me."

And with that, the Ko-Toa began to stride slowly to the Ripple, red eyes glowing.

OOC: @Tarn @Biological Chronicler

• Like 1

IC: Arkius - Metru-Koro

"Well, my name's Arkius. Toa Arkius. Now, I suppose if-" Arkius was interrupted not only by the arrival of two toa, one whom he didn't recognise and the other Jephro, but also by the arrival of a League controlled airship setting down outside the walls of Metru-Koro, with an announcement declaring diplomatic intentions. Arkius clenched his fists. Now that the world had ended and they were all stranded in this hostile land, only now they reached out with diplomacy rather than blood and hatred? Arkius scoffed at the idea. He was about to excuse himself from the skak in the mech and stride off to Metru-Koro to keep an eye on the League lot when his eye trailed over to a different part of the horizon. Far off in the distance he could just about see it, faint wisps of smoke trailing into the sky. Periodic, regular... a signal. Arkius' heart sank as he recognised the direction the signals were coming from and realised what this meant.

"Po-Koro... Nale!" There was a quick jump in Arkius' heartlight as he swiftly turned to face the Skakdi. "Negotiations for your services will have to await another time. I must go, don't go making any trouble for my people while I'm away." Then, without another word, Arkius strode off, indicating for Jephro to come with him as he made his way over the small group he had managed to gather moments earlier, a group he might now have to leave behind. "I'm grateful to all of you for coming out here, but I'm afraid the venture as previously planned must wait. The League has arrived, and I have no doubt there's trouble brewing on that front already. I wish I could stay to keep an eye on them, but another settlement, Po-Koro, needs help, and I cannot possibly ask any of you to go with me and leave Metru-Koro at reduced strength. Spirits watch over you all." Without awaiting their response, Arkius was off, striding through the Metru-Koro gates with a clear purpose to his steps.

The earthen toa arrived at the opposite end of the settlement to where the League ship had landed, where he'd seen the Taku hovering. A column of earth shot up from beneath him, sending him flying up and onto the Taku, landing with minimal force at the top where he knew there to be a top hatch, on which he gave a forceful knock.

@That Matoran with a Vahi @Smudge8 @The UltimoScorp @Dane @Tarn @BULiK

IC: Mahryo - Desert

Mahryo did, in fact, notice. He frowned as Yaushe slowly rolled away, but assumed that she had chosen to abandon them on purpose.

"Well, it's always unfortunate to lose a friend," he said, before turning and wrapping his arms around what he believed were Nu's shoulders in a crushing grip. "That just means we need a new friend! Welcome to the crew!"

@xccj @Toru Nui @Jakura Nuva

• Like 1

IC: Ulkarr and Klawne (Mountains)

Ulkarr motioned for Pardehi to follow him.

Klawne activated her mask, and tried to muster up her elemental energy to feel for anything buried beneath.

@Biological Chronicler@Harvali@Tarn

IC: NU-8020S (Northern Desert, Vahki Transport)

"Do not touch me." They were getting closer and closer to the source of the smoke now...

@Unreliable Narrator@Edelgard@Jakura Nuva@xccj

IC: Mazor-Trail of Aqua Sphere-Babies? @Toru Nui@Unreliable Narrator

Mazor followed his new companion, and sure enough, there was a young skakdi sitting on the floor of the tent bawling. "Well," He looked at Gnabol, "Looks like you were right."

IC: Jephro-Metru Koro-Chasing Arkius @Onaku

Jephro just stood and staired after arkius for a moment. Before shaking his head. Negotiate? With the Leauge? I'd rather not, if someone is in danger I should go too.  He shook his head to try and clear the confusion, and ran after Arkius again. "Wait up sir! I'd like to help you!"

• Like 1

Six Kingdoms Characters: Mazor, Jephro, The Janitor, Informant

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator what should we call the central mountains anyway?

IC Kanohi - the Mountains

The Fe-Matoran grappled past other of the Rahi, slipping past its jaws. It snapped at him, before lumbering after him, its treads a whirl. He grappled to the right, heading towards another Rahi, hoping to distract the two.

But as Kanohi hurtled past, the next beast swiped at him. It’s claws slashed against him, the two hooked claws sending him tumbling. Kanohi careened across the mountainside, smacking and scratching his armor up. Shakily he shoved himself back up, arms quivering, before grappling away just as the beast lunged to chomp on him.

Kanohi’s heartlight pounded, he … he didn’t like this. His broken mask armor had absorbed the bulk of the blow, and he could endure a lot as a Fe-Matoran, but he still was aching, and his side was throbbing in a sharp pain. He felt his hands tremble like a quake. He was no warrior, he was no fighter, what was he even doing here?

He was t-trying to help a Matoran. And that was enough. 

He grappled a up a ledge, before falling on all fours. His chest heaved and his body trembled. He … he needed to just take a breather … then head back in, try to keep the others safe. And then he caught sight of something in the distance,  

N-no,” he managed, as he looked over the horizon. Slowly lofting into the sky was a cloud of smoke. F-from Po-Koro. And he … from what he knew of the emergency system that the refugee camps had built, this smoke signaled … an attack.

OOC: @Toru Nui @Biological Chronicler @Sparticus147 @Tarn

• Like 1

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali