Six Kingdoms: Rebirth - Gameplay

Unreliable Narrator

IC: Gaius, Mar-Koro

Gaius gathered his mining supplies and head out of the village.  The guards would be able to handle anything that transpired through the night; he worried not.  Gaius focused his mind on the task at hand: acquire raw protodermis for smelting.  He ventured west a ways, until he came across a more stony section of the swamp.  A mine shaft emerged from the murky terrain, framed by old wooden beams and solid stone.  As Gaius entered the mines, he placed a hand along the stone walls, stopping in thought before slowly walking deeper inside the artificial cave.  "Thank you, Marcus and Majorian."  Inside the mine, a few Onu-Matoran were attending to some carts- mainly stacking supplies to carry back to Mar-Koro.  The shaft wound down and so did Gaius, until he reached a deeper, more fresh section of the structure.  Into the darkness he delved, only faint lamp lights offering any illumination.  Deciding any spot was as good as any other, he shrugged off his sack and unpacked his pickaxe.  Then he went to work.

For hours, he swung his pic. Each hit resonating, tink.  Tink.  Tink.  It was laborious work, and Gaius never really liked caves and holes, but it was work that needed done.  And Gaius always did what needed to be done.  By the time his pack was full and he worked his way back up to the surface, his pack was tiring to carry form the weight of so much raw protodermis.  He left quite a pile of stone rubble, down below, but he figured he'd let the Onu-Matoran miners clean that up.  

Gaius left the mine shaft mouth to discover he'd worked all through the night.  The sun had already risen, its rays penetrating the thick canopy.  The walk back to Mar-Koro sucked... literally.  Each step saw his foot sink into the squishy swamp floor.  Mud covered his calves by the time he made it back home.  First, he went home, and cleaned himself.  There would be no breakfast; tired as he was, Gaius wasn't hungry.  Instead, once clean, the Mar-Toa gathered his sack of ores and walked across town to the blacksmith's hut once again.

Thud.  He dropped the sack in the middle of the floor, a few smaller chunks of protodermis rolling outside the wrappings.  "This should be enough for a decent start.  Tell me, have you figured out how to craft a Tryna?"

"I have... kind of," Ollodor replied.  "I think I've worked out the equation for the main components.  We need to combine three main disks: a disk of Regeneration, a disk of Mind Control, and a disk of Spirit.  We've got several regeneration disks laying around already, so that's easy.  A disk of Mind control is a fair challenge, though.  It would require disks of weakening, remove poison, and freezing.  We've got the first two already- we've got plenty of remove poison, heh- but a freeze disk... that'll be a challenge to create.  Not due to any prerequisite of expertise, but because our main mineshaft doesn't produce the right kind of ores for it.  Maybe a century ago, we used to have a spot where we collected the right kind of ores, but we abandoned that, if you remember, due to the local Rahi being too much of a trouble for it to be worth it. "

"Okay, so I'll need to go clear out some Rahi and acquire more ores, is that it?"

"No... I'm afraid not.  The last disk... a disk of Spirit.  First of all, it's only an educated guess.  I admit, crafting of masks of this caliber is beyond anything I've even attempted before.  It's an educated guess as to whether or not that's even the right mixture.  That said, the real challenge is learning how to even craft such a disk.  It would take some time and probably a few failed attempts to even get that right.  It's just never been done before, Guy.  Not by me or anyone I've ever known, at least."  Gaius stood resolute, grinding his teeth while listening to the harsh news.  "We have time to figure it out, sir.  For now, we should focus on the easier ones.  To begin with, I'll need you to head northeast and acquire some of that proper ore.  I'll fiddle around with the recipe for the spirit disk while you're away.  Consult our wall of history to remember where exactly you need to go."

"Thank you, Ollodor.  Good luck to you."

"And to you, sir."

Gaius departed the blacksmith's hut, heading back home to collect his supplies.  He was taking everything with him this time.  His spears, sword, shield, camping kit, mining supplies; he had to be prepared.  This would be a longer trek outside Mar-Koro.  He hoped his villagers would remain safe while he was gone, and he was confident they were disciplined enough to truly be safe.  Gaius looked through the towns old records and indeed remembered where he needed to go.  By the time the sun was high in the sky, signaling noon, Gaius departed Mar-Koro.  The muggy air created condensation around his pink shoulders and the face of his yellow Hau, while its crest stood defiant above the tiny insects whirling around the Swamp Toa's face.  "A new adventure," he imagined, "hopefully one with few troubles and easy travels."

IC: Sans, Turaga's Hut

"I am here on behalf of Lord Pridak, to negotiate a ceasefire. In particular, Pridak desires the return of the Mask of Creation. I'm hoping we can organise a mutually-beneficial arrangement that could include the Mask's return." 

"Huhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhu hu huhuhu huhuhuhuhuh huhu huhuhuhuhu!  I haven't had a good laugh in awhile, huhuhuhuhuhuhu!"  Sans turned his back towards the Hordika and paced a few steps back before turning 'round again.  "I've buried that mask in the middle of nowhere, deep within the earth so that no one may ever misuse it again. There will be no arrangement, not one involving that mask, anyways.  Why would any of us trust the League?  After everything that's happened?  Do you honestly think you worms can talk your way out of the Karzahni you built for yourselves?"

OOC: @Nato the Traveler

Edited by Azibo
  • Like 1

In a world where heroes and villains battle for the fate of the universe‚ some people have normal lives and work normal jobs... Zimixes

IC Kanohi - the Mountains

Kanohi winced, realization setting in. If the two Toa went to Po-Koro, the village might be saved, might rebuild quicker or might be evacuated in time. But … without the Toa, the journey to Metru-Koro would be more dangerous, Rahi and Skakdi-Xa and the League all could attack the travelers. The Turaga could hide herself, but Voka would be visible and in danger. And she would need help carrying the Vo-Matoran.

Even if Pardehi came with Turaga Klawne, she would still need help. 

He swallowed and squeaked out, “Thank you Toa. I … please say hello to Knichou for me, Toa Nale. And make sure Vakama is okay. I … I must head over to Metru-Koro.”

OOC: @Biological Chronicler @Sparticus147 @Toru Nui @Tarn

• Like 2

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

IC: Barius - Po-Koro

"Counting on it," Barius replied to Arkuo. He turned and advanced towards the Corrivalis, plucking Reson's mask from his face as he went. It was easy enough to grab some rope and tie him up, at which point the Skak draped him across the back of the Tahtorak.

He was about to turn away, when he remembered something his mamma had told him: "Son, when ya string up a Toa, always pinch their mask." So he plucked the Kanohi from Reson's face, holding it carefully between two fingers. Chucked it into the pilot's compartment witch Cor. Now the Toa was ready for the road.

But, there was one last thing the wanted to take. He walked over to the E Street Wagon.

"Now, this, I'm doin' as a favor," he announced, sneering. "Boss misses this, there ain't gonna be a village left to pay us tribute." He effortlessly tilted the Wagon on its side, causing Vakama's mutilated corpse to fall from the front wheel into a pile on the ground. Blood and viscera dripped from the axle as he got one hand under it, and lifted the entire thing overhead.

OOC: @Onaku @Nato the Traveler @The UltimoScorp

Edited by Burnmad

IC: Mega - Zakaz, Po-Koro

"F-Fine. Just fine, darlin'. Just', ya know..." She didn't need to finish the sentence. Mega wiped her face with her bandana, trying to steel herself again. It wasn't working. She'd had scuffles before with local Skakdi, but not like this. It'd been so long since she'd seen something as awful as this, and all it did was solidify how utterly useless she was in this regard. Just a jumped up mechanic who wanted more.

She managed a chuckle, as Yaushe struggled to comfort her. It helped, in a way. Odd that a haunted van was able to connect more with her than anyone else she'd met in the past few years. 

Mega almost jumped out of her seat as the taps came. Scrambling to straighten herself out, she shook her head. 

"Nah, nah, it's fine. It's fine, I'll do the talkin'. Probably just a Toa wanting to know what we're doin' here, huh?" She chuckled, wiping away a stray tear.

OOC: @Tarn @ZippyWharrgarbl

IC: Falh - Zakaz, Metru-Koro

"It. Is. Nothing." Falh growled, through nauseating migraine. He already knew Datrox didn't believe him, but the truth wasn't something he was willing to reveal. Not to him. It was nothing. Just a bad headache. 

It certainly wouldn't prevent him from ripping Ostrox's entrails out if he kept eyeing him like that.

OOC: @Tarn @Toru Nui

Edited by Dane-gerous
  • Like 1

IC: Yaushe - Parked

"... Sure. Door's unlocked." She was still a little concerned, but if Mega didn't want to talk about it, she couldn't do all that much about it. "I'll stay quiet, for now. Easier than explaining... this."

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

7 minutes ago, Burnmad said:

IC: Barius - Po-Koro

It was easy enough to grab some rope and tie him up, at which point the Skak draped him across the back of the Tahtorak.

He was about to turn away, when he remembered something his mamma had told him: "Son, when ya string up a Toa, always pinch their mask." So he plucked the Kanohi from Reson's face, holding it carefully between two fingers. Chucked it into the pilot's compartment witch Cor. Now the Toa was ready for the road.

IC: Reson/Corrivalis - Po-Koro

With the Toa now secured, and weakened with their Mask gone, Corrivalis began to back cautiously out of the village, glancing back every few moments to ensure the Tahtorak could move safely over the uneven piles of dropped equipment the other skaks were sifting through. 

Reson, for his part, felt strangely vulnerable without his Kanohi. Not only due to the reduced strength and power, but for all of the strife it had brought, that Mask was part of him. He'd relied on it for so long. 

As much as he hated it sometimes, he hoped he'd get it back intact eventually. 

19 minutes ago, Azibo said:

"I've buried that mask in the middle of nowhere, deep within the earth so that no one may ever misuse it again. There will be no arrangement, not one involving that mask, anyways.  Why would any of us trust the League?  After everything that's happened?  Do you honestly think you worms can talk your way out of the Karzahni you built for yourselves?"

IC: Zaliyah - San's Hut

And I thought Turaga were supposed to be wise. She'd already been leery about Pridak's demand that the Turaga be persuaded to come to him, and now she was firmly against the idea. With his irritating laugh and self-righteous superiority, it would take only a few words for this Turaga to irritate Pridak to the point of simply striking him down. 

More than that, though, the Turaga's decision baffled her. Why bury the Mask of Creation rather than using it to help the refugees? Hoarding it just so no one else could have it was selfish, and spiteful, not to mention downright stupid.  

Zaliyah's fists clenched at her side, her talons piercing the palm of her mutated hand as she forced herself not to bite at the Turaga's insults.

"That is... unfortunate," she replied, "Pridak still harbours a lot of disdain for your kind," she chose the word carefully, making it clear she no longer considered herself part of the Matoran race. "And rightfully so. The return of that mask is the only thing I thought might have been able to placate him, so I encourage you to reconsider your stance."

• Like 1

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Datrox Karvan - Metru-Koro

I continued to whisper to Falh. "I need you to focus. I need your head here, now."

I looked at Ostrox out of the corner of my eye, speaking up to say, "Excuse us, for a moment. We're...discussing."

@Dane-gerous

IC: Nale Vella - Mountains

"I will," she replied, nodding. Nale turned to Ulkarr. "I guess it's just us heading back to Po-Koro, then."

@Harvali@Biological Chronicler@Toru Nui

• Like 1

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Sorilax - Aspect of Shadow and Silence - Aspects of Makuta

Location - Fau Swamp (7, 13)

With - NPC Toa of Fire (Torch) and NPC Le-Matoran (Wing)

Acid rain doused the trees as a small shower came down from above. The tree bark was resistant, mostly, and underneath a giant root sat Sorilax with his companions. A horrible hissing sound could be heard as the acid ate away at anything and everything that was exposed and not immune to its destructive nature. A few unlucky Rahi cried out and fled the area.

His Toa- No, his friend Torch passed some berries to Wing, which she accepted graciously and absorbed with her hands. Sorilax watched his friends with interest. Torch seemed so forward and prone to anger, yet with Matoran he was as kind as any nurse. Wing had more spunk than the Fire Toa, refusing to stay back at Le-Metru Nuva. She was the best navigator they had and she was going to get them home, no use arguing.

They were quite unlike the native Skakdi, who tended to only respect others until that respect was no longer merited and then they moved on to betrayal. The more he discovered how good beings could be, the more worried he was about all of them living in the swamp. It offered great protection from everyone else on the island, yes, but it also may be worse than all other dangers of the island combined.

And that wasn’t mentioning the other Aspects. They would chew up and spit out a society like the village Sorilax had helped to create. Perhaps that young’n Providence might not, but he was still finding his place in the world. Sorilax wasn’t sure where he might end up.

Thinking back to the task at hand, Sorilax spoke to his companions, “The giant centipede is close. There are now multiple tracks in the trees, as if he frequents this area. We need to keep our eyes sharp. He most likely won’t be on the ground.

It took another ten minutes for the acid rain to finish. Sorilax, Torch, and Wing moved out, now forced to watch their step for small acid puddles in addition to the already numerous bogs. A loud skittering noise broke through the distance. Something else cried out in pain and went silent amid the constant noise of the swamp. They were back on the hunt.

OOC: Every time I go to write the giant centipede fight I think of some other aspect of the Fau Swamps that I want to mention first. Sorilax is never going to be able to study anything at this point. <_< Even as an Aspect, he'll probably die of old age in Le-Metru Nuva.

• Like 1

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

-----------------------------

IC: Taku crew, Po-Koro

Exuze managed to slowly carry Dalu up the ladder, moving her into the cargo bay as the hatch closed behind him. There were lots of of supplies and so Exuze made a makeshift bed to rest her on, using any medical supplies nearby to help make it less painful for the matoran where possible. He wasn't a doctor so there wasn't much he could do but stay with the matoran and make sure she wasn't bleeding out.

The crane at the back of the cargo bay dropped the last pallet of supplies needed to block the hole in the wall, this one crushing a skakdi trying to grab armfuls of water filters from the second airdrop. The hole in the wall from Nektann's initial attack was now thoroughly cluttered with a mountain of forging equipment, water filters, electrical equipment, and medical supplies. The enemy land vehicles would either need to blast through the supplies or nearby walls, or take a longer route through the official village exits.

Now that Arnex's makeshift plan of sealing the hole was complete, the crew of the Taku eyed another prize. An enemy ACR in a standoff with other Toa below picked up a war rig and was lifting it overhead. Ever since seeing the wrecks of these strange vehicles Knichou wanted to get a closer look at what they were, and maybe even repurpose one for himself. This one looked particularly special, and it must be important if a retreating warskak was trying to bring it back to his allies. Making a rescue mission for a fellow warskak, let alone their expensive war rig, was quite the atypical move for these bandits during such a raid.

Unfortunately for Arnex, Knichou didn't want to risk his ship getting the attention of two ACRs - the weapons those vehicles carried were probably the most dangerous things the Taku had encountered thus far, aside from Knichou's risky piloting.

Knowing that the wall was effectively sealed off for the mechs below, the Taku didn't have a reason to stay so low to the ground. It gained several more meters of altitude, continuing to hover over the village-turned battlefield, waiting for a reason to descend.

OOC: @Burnmad@Nato the Traveler

Edited by BULiK

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC: Mega - Zakaz, Po-Koro (Van Time)

She nodded, managing a smile before she cautiously opened the door, to see what was indeed a Toa, painted with red crucifixes. A medic, she guessed.

"Hey, sweetie. Ain't nobody's hurt in here, you're okay. Don't gotta worry about us." 

Mega did indeed seem fine enough, though her hands were shaking noticeably. Other than that, she'd been lucky enough not to cop any serious injuries.

OOC: @Tarn @ZippyWharrgarbl

IC: Falh - Zakaz, Metru-Koro

Falh grunted, though it was difficult to discern whether it was dismissive or simply pain induced. 

"...We'll talk. He comes first." He finally said, before glaring back at Ostrox. "If your talks fall through, you have orders. Speak them."

He spoke slowly, and deliberately. It masked the awful headache well enough.

OOC: @Toru Nui @Tarn

• Like 1

IC: Sans, Parlay with the League

"I encourage you to reassess this situation.  There is no arrangement to be made with your masters.  I didn't even know Pridak survived his fall.  You can tell him he's lucky to have survived crossing my path."  Sans walked closer to the Hordika.  "The only thing we have to discuss with the League is what kind of graves your masters would like to be buried in.  Would Pridak prefer a humble tombstone above a simple earthen mound?  Does Ehlek crave a mausoleum under the waves?  The League caused all of this to happen.  Your worthless armies caused all of this with your pointless wars.  Countless dead, and worse, because Pridak wanted the Colosseum.  Well, now he's got it.  Tell your masters they can keep their prize.  And if I see any of your kind outside that crashed head, I'll crush them under my boot like the insects you all are.  Your place is inside those cursed ruins; I hope you spend each passing day observing the ruins of the City of Legends, weeping at how pointless all your efforts truly were.  Now go, while I still let you live to report back to the ones who hold your leash, creature."  Sans nodded back at Stannis and Korruhn and Leklo, reassuring them that he was filled with determination.

Edited by Azibo
  • Like 1

In a world where heroes and villains battle for the fate of the universe‚ some people have normal lives and work normal jobs... Zimixes

IC: Triage - Po-Koro

"...uh, alright?" Odd response. "But you may wanna find somewhere safer to be, or something. If you want, the airship I came in on is over there. We're from Metru-Koro, I...assume you know where that is, but...if you'd like to bring your vehicle aboard, you can."

Triage was very much unaware of the fact the van he was standing next to was occupied in the spiritual sense as well.

@Dane-gerous@ZippyWharrgarbl

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Zaliyah - Sans' Hut

For many long moments, Zaliyah simply stared at the Turaga. 

Even the Id, nothing more than animalistic anger, was stunned, its screams to be unleashed falling silent in her mind. 

She'd been expecting to find a leader as weary of the war as she was, someone who cared for their people and wanted to spare them from further conflict. She hadn't been expecting to butt heads with a decrepit old man who matched Pridak in belligerence and bloodthirstiness. 

"Pointless? You intolerant racists started all of this!" Her words came out in a snarl as savage as any beast, "Turaga like you taught us to believe we were the chosen race, better than everyone else. Anything that wasn't our kind, Turaga like you taught us it was savage and backwards, something to be driven away instead of embraced. Even the word rahi translates to 'not us.' Dume and Brutaka enslaved Mantax and Kalmah's people. Your Matoran live free in idyllic villages while the people of Xia struggle in smog. You play games with your little disks to pass the time, while those on Stelt have to fight to death in arenas just to make a living. The people of our Zakaz tear each other apart for the most basic of resources while we had everything in abundance. And we Toa... you all called us heroes, but we did nothing to better this world. We just stood by and smiled while we upheld that institution of racism, because Turaga like you didn't teach us any better." 

She jabbed her blood-tipped talons in the direction of Mata Nui's severed head. "And when all of those oppressed peoples of the universe looked up and saw a shining city at the top of the world, its people so indolent and privileged that they needed to be forced to work instead of it being their duty... how could they look to it with anything but hate in their hearts?" 

Her arm lowered to her side, "Despite all of that, I am still offering you a chance, because I don't want to see the Matoran species brought to a well-deserved extinction." 

Edited by Nato the Traveler
  • Like 2

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Amaru, Temple Near Po-Koro

Amaru had spent some time doing nothing but surviving around this old, abandoned temple-like structure.  So long, that he began to crave excitement again.  That was until excitement actually came.  Over the horizon, clouds of dust and smoke were kicking up into the sky.  Amaru stood and stared for a time, before realizing the meaning of the sight: trouble.  Amaru was no coward, nor was he stupid.  Surely, there would be some strong war band causing such a dust storm.  The freshly-devoted Skakdi yearned to test his newfound powers, but not if it meant going up against what practically amounted to an army.  The dust cloud seemed to be heading in his general direction.  Amaru mounted his speeder bike, and pointed it towards the approaching storm.  "I'll not let fate ride to meet me.  No, I'll ride to meet fate.  This bike is fast; I'll see who approaches, and then I'll ride away.  Simple, easy, and maybe even profitable."  

Amaru sped into the horizon, hoping to see what new opportunity lie ahead of him.

IC: Sans, Parlay with League

"This isn't about some past or arguing about who deserves what.  Do you know that I had never even stepped foot inside Metru-Nui until a month ago?  Don't throw your grievances at my feet.  I came to Metru-Nui to help the people there.  The ones the Legaue was threatening with the same oppression I witnessed first hand elsewhere in the universe.  I saw Matoran slaughtered by the Legaue.  I am speaking from what I know.  And what I know is that the Legaue invaded Metru-Nui.  There is nothing else to be said about that fact.  You all fought to take Metru-Nui, now you can keep it.  Everyone here in Metru-Koro has had to start over and build ourselves a new home because the League took their city from them.  That's because of the League.  There will be no treating with the people responsible for so much death and destruction.  You speak as though the Matoran slaughtered thousands and waged war across the universe, when that's the League who did those deeds.  Your armies spread destruction and ruin; you will spread it no further.  Pridak will receive nothing from us.  I bet his face is scarred from the smack of my staff that stole the Mask of Creation from his demented face, huhuhuhu.  Your masters can't be trusted, and I bet even now they scheme over how to further harm these good people here.  The Mask of Creation is gone, so there is no more prize to be had.  Leave our peoples alone, and enjoy your miserable lives inside the City of Legends that you caused so much death and destruction to acquire."

Sans paced back so he stood between the Toa.  "Your masters will get nothing from us, and if they are so foolish as to attempt to further harm these good people, then you'll face nothing but your own destruction.  Leave us alone.  There's nothing for your masters here, except their own endings."

"Heh, Triage, huh? Nah, I like it. Simple. Suits you fine enough, pumpkin." In spite of everything, she managed a cheeky grin. "Look, I'll have a think, how's that? I still got some projects back at the shop I should maybe take a look at, I dunno. Point is, I'll think it over and get back to ya."

Mega, despite her inner feelings, sounded almost as comforting in her mannerisms as usual.

IC: Oreius | The Archives, Onu-Metru

The miasma was beginning to creep back towards the door. If he didn't find an answer soon, he would need to move on, and fast. If that meant leaving this mystery unsolved, so be it. Nevertheless, Oreius was reluctant to abandon a potential ally here in the depths of a captured Metru-Nui. Combining their strength and knowledge would make it easier to move against Pridak.

There didn't appear to be any sort of handle to twist or buttons to press. He tried pushing directly on the door, but didn't budge. How had the owner of the voice gotten in?

OOC: @Onaku @EmperorWhenua

IC: Zaliyah - Sans' Hut

"You don't get to dismiss me, you pathetic little man," she spat, "If you want to lead these people, then you have to take some karzing responsibility for what they've done. All of you are complicit in this... even me. The difference between us is that I'm trying to mend bridges, instead of breaking them." 

Her lips curled up into a solemn smile, "You speak of slaughter, yet your kind have done your fair share of killing despite the code you cling to," the smile became a sneer, "What of Carapar, reduced to slag by Toa who didn't even try to take him alive? Or Kalmah's entire contingent, slaughtered after they had surrendered?"

The grim images of the corpses she and the others had found piled before, or mangled in, the Coliseum's garbage disposal, still haunted her. The cold-blooded cruelty of it went beyond any kind of brutality she'd witnessed on the battlefield. 

"You need to open your eyes, as I did. The Matoran are not the superior species. They are not the centre of the universe. They never were. There are dozens of other civilisations out there, each with their own culture and beliefs. What made our religion any more righteous than theirs? What gave us the right to proclaim we were better than them? Your Great Spirit is dead, and it was nothing more than a machine to begin with." 

Edited by Nato the Traveler
  • Like 2

She was chuckling along as Triage got flustered, until he mentioned the van.

Karz.

"Oh, yeah, she's just fine. Just...fine. New wheels work like a dream, ain't that sweet?" She forced a reassuring smile, patting the dashboard awkwardly. "I'd give ya a ride, but I don't imagine it could beat a trip in an airship."

"Well..." 

She took a moment, thinking it over. Maybe that was a good idea. She could do some good, even. 

"Well, why don't you get yourself in here, and I'll give ya a lift. I reckon that'd be more effective than you hotfooting it around, hey darlin'?"

She winked to Triage, inwardly hoping Yaushe was okay with this. She'd only just met the Toa, but any opportunity to try and salvage some good out of the horrible incident was welcome to her.

IC: Yaushe - Van Time

Yaushe didn't particularly like decisions about who was climbing in the van being made without her, but in this case, she wasn't all that bothered, given the circumstances. Once Triage had closed the doors behind him, Yaushe figured that it was probably easier to speak up now rather than later. "Hey, what's up?"

Edited by ZippyWharrgarbl

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

IC: Yaushe - Yaushe You Gotta Stop Doing This

Yaushe laughed, a scraping noise from the air conditioning grates. "You like ghost stories, Triage?"

She was really getting the hang of this haunting thing. She could see why ghosts had a reputation for being spooky; it was very fun.

OOC: @Tarn@Dane-gerous

• Like 1

IC: Korruhn, Sans' office

Why must this always take place in an office? We ought to outlaw the blasted things, Korruhn thought to himself, in regards to the verbal pandemonium currently unfolding before his eyes. He was struck not only by the audacity and aggression from this emissary of Pridak's -- the scum who landed them here in the first place, but by the sheer ferocity of Turaga Sans' replies. Korruhn was pleasantly surprised at the old man's resolve, and it would also afford Korruhn the opportunity to move into a more desirable flanking position, and monitor the emissary's body language.

Korruhn took a step back toward the wall, and the his form melded with the natural shadow in the room, allowing him to reposition behind and slightly to the left of Pridak's envoy without being seen; a prime position should the situation get out of hand. He released his control over the shadow, and softly reappeared, still hard to make out in the dim light. He looked to both Leklo and Sans, acknowledging that they knew his position.

As the Toa stood silently in the background of the room, his awareness of his shadow arm, and the power coursing through it, heightened. Each flicker of the lamps, in the brief moment that the shadow regained ground against the light, he could feel the shadow flow through him, and his arm began to exhaust a thin black smoke, that appeared more like shadow in form. His hand felt its' way down to the familiar hilt of his khopesh, and there it would wait, until Pridak's goon tried something unfortunate...

• Like 1

image.png.c80b02daebe0faa6146a8dfce1ccb188.png

"This spot marks our grave; but you may rest here too, if you like."

IC: Yaushe - Haunted Van

"Yeup. Real ghost and everything." She flicked the tiny overhead lights on and off to make her point. She laughed again. "Spooky, right?"

IC Stannis | Sans' Hut

The ancient warmage had chosen to stay back while Zaliyah and Sans did their back and forth, content—at first—to observe and learn. Stannis considered the moment as much an opportunity for him to understand what regard the League lieutenant had for life as it was to witness Sans' ability to lead and govern. Like the others he was not sure what kind of result to expect from the negotiations, and for what it was worth Stannis himself was not a skilled diplomat himself; in the past he had always been shunted into positions of instruction or protection and jumping from one doomed armed conflict to the next was never something that truly tested his abilities as an ambassador or leader. Wherever he trod there were certainly people who looked up to him, but the dignities he held were largely honorary due to his age and experience and not from some right of position. For the most part he chose to let the local turaga magistrate. In the present moment, however, he was considering temporarily changing his directive because it had taken no more than a minute for the two representatives to resort to simply arguing. 

Stannis was aghast. He had no expectations any lasting peace would be resolved, but he also knew what the League's extant forces were capable of doing. The refugees of Metru Koro were at a severe disadvantage in war, already on the run, without technology to wield, and with most of the resources they relied on now in the possession of their enemies. Even the one thing that could possibly overcome all, their belief in Faith, was growing in short supply among the exiled Matoran folk. And while Stannis held absolutely no love for Pridak, the Barraki, for Zaliyah or her beliefs, the Wanderer had existed for tens of thousands of years as a survivalist and pragmatist of the highest order. He could tell what result these talks were bound to accomplish. He was growing frustrated with the arguing and ideological differences that were only being pointed out and getting in the way for real negotiation.

"Silence!" he commanded. In the small enclave the voice was deafening. He sounded angry and resolute, like a stern professor who caught students wrestling on the classroom floor and put his foot down to regain control.  "Everyone will die if we do not agree to a peace deal here."

He waited for the noise to settle, but by the tension in his granite jaw and the vigor in his pearly eyes it was clear that Stannis had somethings to say.

• Like 1

IC: Yaushe - Shut Up

"First of all, there's nothing wrong with vans. Second, I can change if I want to. I just don't want to. Because vans are cool. Third... I died by being crushed under this van. I don't know how it happened, but... guess I got an upgrade."

IC: Triage - Haunted Van

"Uh, sorry. Forget I asked, then..."

Yeah, this was weird. Were ghosts even real? Triage remembered hearing about a mask during his time with the Metru Nui military that had an ability that supposedly allowed your spirit to walk freely of your body, but he'd never seen it in person and had started to doubt such a thing even existed. Sounded way too scary. 

He glanced at Mega. Guess he had to get used to this sooner or later.

"What's your name, ghost van?"

@Dane-gerous@ZippyWharrgarbl

Edited by Tarn

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Yaushe - Ghost Van

Though highly tempted to give a fake name, she resisted. "Yaushe."

She started driving, keeping an eye out for any injured. "Suppose this makes me some kind of ambulance, right?"

"There is only one peace to be acknowledged here.  The peace of the status quo.  There is nothing for the League in Metru-Koro, maybe not even i all of Zakaz.  The Barraki would have to speak with the Skakdi to decide that.  I can only speak for the Matoran, and the Matoran will never bow nor live in fear of the Barraki.  The Matoran never waged war against the League, and they will continue to not wage war.  But we defeated the League all over Metru-Nui, and if the Barraki would be so foolish as to try and fight us again, they would be defeated again.  I will say it one more time to you, Hordika, tell your masters that the Matoran are not afraid.  If the League brings war, then they will be destroyed- and Pridak knows first hand how much pain I alone can bring. "