Six Kingdoms: Rebirth - Gameplay

Unreliable Narrator

IC Legion- Po-Koro:

Once more, a raspy chuckle emanated from within the darkened hood, and the glowing red slits within narrowed with mirth, "In truth, we came here on idle curiosity but one turn of the stars ago, and were it not for those wretched Skakdi always i̷̡̢͢͢ǹ̸̢͜͡ţ̷͠è̶̡̕͞r̴͜f̶͘҉ę҉̀ŕ̸̴͘͝i҉̷n̸̵̴̛͝g͘͝͏̶͠ ̨̀w̶͢i̢̕t̵́͢͝h̡͝͏̨ ̴͟͝͡o̶̷̵u̡̡ŕ́́̕ ̧ẁ̵͟͠i̕͢͞s̢͢͡h̴̶͘͢͜e͟s̵̕̕ , perhaps we'd have taken the time to help these poor, unfortunate souls, so in need of someone to lift them up into the realms of greatness."

There was a grinding noise as the Aspect shifted their weight, "But there will be time enough for that now, we suspect."

@Nato the Traveler

Edited by The UltimoScorp
I'll get the hang of this tagging thing guys i swear
  • Like 1

IC: Whisper - Po-Koro

"Indeed, though I fear we may face obstacles," Whisper replied, settling against the ground like a greasy puddle of discarded entrails, "I encountered some of these beings on my journey here. The price of our power seems to... perturb them." 

OOC: @The UltimoScorp

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Barius - Among the Warband

The Skakdi's face took on an expression which suggested a mixture of pity and exasperation. "You should have. You should have done something to us. The minute you crashed here in your giant robot head, you should have started putting Skak heads on spikes."

He looked into the Toa's unfocused eyes, jaw set. "I don't know where you lot came from, but it isn't like here. This place is cruel, and you'll be cruel too, if you don't wanna be on the bottom of the pile."

OOC: @Nato the Traveler

• Like 1

IC: Reson - Mad Skaks

"Hey mate, we didn't ask for any of this!" Reson grumbled, squinting up at Barius, "We got enough to deal with without your lot stompin' in here and attackin' us for no reason." 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC Legion - Po-Koro:

Having finally deigned to take notice of the corpse, the cloaked Aspect gave it a nudge with their walking staff. The body had no heartlight beat. A shame, really. A beating heartlight was valuable, in more ways than one, in this land. The corpse itself could be used in other ways, perhaps.

"The unworthy are often put off by the sacrifices needed for true power. The desperate will come, as they always have."

@Nato the Traveler

"If the skakdi keep up these raids, I'm sure we'll see plenty more desperation." 

IC: Reson - Mad Skaks

"Yeah, I can see your lot are lackin' that quality." 

IC: Sala (Le-Metru Nuva)

"Ok, getting some leaves good enough to write one was easy, now I just needed some paint." Making his way to the storage hut positioned on one of the side canopies, waving at the ko-matoran guarding the hut. Entering the hut and digging through the supplies, Sala finds nothing but a few paint stained pots...

"Well that a problem isn't it." Thinking to himself, Sala reckoned his only choice now is to get some more of the berries. For the village of course, you know, to prove his capabilities to Sorilax, he must make the dangerous trek to get them alone.

Grabbing whatever essentials he may need to traverse the swamp below and grabbing his plasma sword just in case, Sala snucks his way out of Le-Metru Nuva into the Fau Swamps to find some yellow berries.

OC: @Kal the Guardian LeT's HoPe NoThInG gOeS wRoNg.

Edited by Sparticus147

IC: Reson/Corrivalis - Among the warband

"I mean, is this all you do? You just roam around raidin' other folks for their stuff?" 

Corrivalis, for his part, was very confused by the Toa's indignance. That was simply how life worked... wasn't it?

IC: Reson - Among the warband

Reson couldn't bring himself to say anything. These people weren't like the League, pushed to a violent breaking point by incessant injustice. These skakdi weren't even truly driven by desperation for resources like their companions in the Matoran Universe.

It sounded like they simply enjoyed it, and knew no different. 

12 hours ago, Onaku said:

IC: Okuo - Archives Depths

"Alright, I suppose that'll have to do. I guess we should ask for his name first... wait, you never actually gave me your name either. What is it?"

IC ???? | Archives

The voice giggled a little bit at Okuo's realization, and perhaps he was catching on to how literal the intelligence was. "I am called Hiripaki, the Vault of Stories. B-)"

7 hours ago, Vezok's Friend said:

IC [Kunok McGrokk]:

McGrokk reached into his robes and produced a rolled up piece of vellum and held it out to Yumi. 

“I took the liberty of drawing up a map. Neatly marked. Can’t miss it. If you get lost...look for the carrion circling overhead.”

As Yumi reached for the map, he raised it quickly just out of reach. “You come back with proof of delivery...and the gun is yours. Besides, no ammo means it’s dead weight on the trip anyway. Don’t worry, it’ll be here when you get back, nice and shiny.”

2 hours ago, Tarn said:

IC: Korio Karasha - McGrokk's

What he wanted to say was, "I really want that gun, too," but since Yumiwak had already called dibs, and Korio respected dibs, he simply said, "Eh, I don't need nothin'. I got me curtains."

IC Yumiwak | McGrokk's Shoppe

Curtains? Oh yes, those curtains, which Korio was wearing as a toga. They looked kind of cute on him, though.

"Good," I said to Kunok as I snatched his map from the old trader's claws, examined it for a split second to ensure it was indeed a map and readable, and slid it in a belt loop. "We'll be back for it when this is done. Now let's get a box and contain this nasty stuff for, uhh, delivery on the Panda," I ordered. 

1 hour ago, Harvali said:

IC Kanohi - Metru-Koro

And then Kanohi spotted a Toa. A very familiar one, 

Immediately his heartlight began to pulse, but not like wildfire, but a beacon guiding ships to shore. With no hesitation he fired a ball of gravity, and hurled over to the Toa, narrowly missing slamming into passing Matoran. He almost tackled the Toa as he called out, “Toa Stannis, you survived the Impact!

IC Stannis | Metru Koro

"Kanohi!" the old toa bellowed in a fit of joy. Reuniting with old friends and allies was an occurrence the Wanderer always looked forward to, and with everyone from home so scattered across the Zakazian wasteland, or worse, dead, it flared the bittersweet feelings from those meetings all the more. In a flash, the sorrow he felt a moment before was washed away, or at least capped for the moment, and he smiled kindly as the plucky matoran nearly bowled over him in a dash to embrace. "I did! And it gladdens me to see you made it as well."

He reached down and patted Kanohi on the head and looked at the matoran's friends who quickly clambered after. It seemed Kanohi had already begun to grow his own little set of companions from his efforts to help people, something which further pleased Stannis. He was a stranger to them but Kanohi quickly sought to rectify that gap in knowledge. 

Kanohi nodded so aggressively his head might pop off, “Toa Stannis is a great hero, he … he discovered that Turaga Dume m-may have killed a Matoran for disobeying him. And when I was lost because of … that, he gave me guidance and hope. He … he speaks with wisdom and kindness. Um, sorry, he also discovered the reason Dume — Turaga Dume, sorry, but the reason he may have betrayed that Matoran was because the Matoran was building him that empowering weapon I mentioned, and the Matoran engineer objected to making an army of Matoran super soldiers.”

Then to Toa Stannis he said with the excitement of a Ussal spying its favorite owner, “Um, Toa Stannis, I heard that the village to the northeast, Po-Koro, that much of its walls and homes were made by a Toa of Stone. Was it you?”

"Kind words, Kanohi," he intoned gladly. The information Kanohi shared was partially wrong, more specifically simply out-of-date, but that mattered not in the moment. There may be a time when the true degree of Dume's machinations would be exposed to Kanohi and the other eager denizens of the fallen universe, but the time was not right for that, not when merely living was a much more pressing priority. 

"I know of the place you mention and did not make that settlement, though I did pass through to rest for an afternoon while I performed some initial exploration of the land after the impact. Is that were you have been encamped for the last week?"

• Like 4

IC: Yaushe - Top Tier Prankster

Chuff

A noise came from the van.

Chffchffchffchfff

Engine trouble, maybe? It was like the ignition wasn't taking, but it was already driving, so that couldn't be it. The van shuddered- was it going to break down?

Chffchffhfffffhffffhfhfhfhhhh hhh hHH HHH HHH HHH!!!

The sound became less like imminent breakdown and more like a strange, automaton laughter. The van shook a little; thank goodness Mega was driving. Slowly, the noise started to shape something else around the strangely joyful machine sounds: words.

"Oh, Mata Nui, I'm sorry, Triage. I couldn't resist. The look on your masks!" The van fell back into its odd wheezing laughter.

@Dane-gerous@Tarn@Eyru

Edited by ZippyWharrgarbl
forgot tags >:v
  • Like 3

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

IC: Mega  - Zakaz, Po-Koro

Mega had taken to laughing along finally with Yaushe, trying not to burst out too loud in fear she might crash the van. Still giggling, she kept herself as straight as possible as they neared the Taku.

"I'm sorry too, but-" She cackled even harder. "Ahh...you're a real sweetheart, Tri. Anyway, nice to meet ya, Taja. You two know each other, right? From that airship?"

OOC: @Tarn @Eyru @ZippyWharrgarbl

"Superstition?" Whisper rolled her many eyes, "There are reasons to fear me, but that is not one I will accept." 

IC: Taja | Po-Koro

Taja looked around uncertainly, unsure if she was the butt of some elaborate joke. Her enhanced hearing could usually pinpoint the source of a sound instantly, but this voice seemed to come from everywhere at once. It rumbled in the engine and purred from behind the seats. It seemed to spin itself out of the wheels, carving the creaking of rusty joints into syllables and sentences.

"Er... nice to meet you," she said at last. "Yes. We met on the airship. Only a few hours ago..."

IC: Yaushe - Po-Koro

"I only met Mega recently, too," said the van. "I'm Yaushe, you might've guessed."

@Dane-gerous@Tarn@Eyru

Edited by ZippyWharrgarbl
forgot tags >:v
  • Like 1

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

IC: Iradra - Po-Koro

"I'm sure I can help. Would you permit me to take a look?"

@Tarn

IC: Okuo - Archives Depths

"Fascinating. Hiripaki, huh? That's a nice name." Okuo smiled, scratching his chin and nodding thoughtfully. "Well, I suppose we should ask this Toa for his name now, shouldn't we? If you wouldn't mind..."

@EmperorWhenua

IC: Varah - Po-Koro

Varah's face lit up and she nodded, quickly ducking her head down to look at her waist, her hand darting to a pouch sitting at her hip from which she retrieved a large piece of jerky before offering to the Toa of Fire.

@The UltimoScorp

IC: Arkius - Po-Koro outskirts

Arkius came to a stop a good distance out of the village, his breathing heavy, his heartlight beating rapidly. Arkius closed his eyes. Even now he knew he'd made a mistake. He couldn't let his temper boil up like that, not in front of the matoran. He took a deep breath in, and exhaled deeply in return, repeating this exercise to try and calm himself down. 

OOC: Arkius open for interaction

IC Kanohi - Metru-Koro

Well, not the whole time, but I was there for a…” Then Kanohi fell silent as a voice echoed around Metru-Koro. All that came out was whimpers, as a Toa, a Toa, introduced herself as hailing from the League. She … why would a Toa join the league? There was being mislead or depressed but this … h-how? After all Mata-Nui … was dead, he realized that. Destiny was probably meaningless, he knew that, but … but even so how … how…

As the speaker continued, Kanohi’s body shuddered like an ACR with a much too powerful engine, his body seemingly tearing itself apart. She … she had approached Metru-Koro for peace? And the Turaga … had refused? Had insulted her? Yes she demanded the Mask of Creation, yes the League was monstrous but … but she had offered peace. She … she had offered an end to the war. Maybe she was lying, and the league won’t have made peace. Maybe they shouldn’t have handed over the mask. But … but to antagonize the League? So close to their kingdom? With neither side likely at any strength? It was … it was suicide. How could … could a Turaga … risk his Matoran…

Two days. Two days before the war resumed.

Kanohi could see his heartlight pulsate with such light it shamed the sky. His whole body quaked. The war would resume, everyone would die, everyone would die. And … and a Turaga should know that if a war resumed, even if the Matoran somehow won, that so many of them would die. How … how could he risk his charges like that.

Kanohi dropped to all fours, quaking. He … the war … the war … he … his body rattled like a Ta-Matoran digging through his masks. Oh … oh no. Vakama, Po-Koro they wouldn’t know. When the war resumed, and they already just suffered some kind of emergency…

This was like Okoto, like Metru-Nui, like Tren-Nui too. He could hear the sounds of Matoran crushed by collapsed skyscrapers, hear them flailing in the canals as they drowned, hear Turaga Bomahri’s body crack and rupture as the soldier’s large claws squeezed him until he burst…

Re…remember. S-small manageable tasks. He shoved himself off the ground and began to pace trying … trying to burn off his anxiety and fear. Use up too much energy to deprive it of fuel. He shook his arms, trying to make his shaking armor sound more like the wind chimes of Okoto than … than a dying engine. It also would burn off some of his stress, he hoped. He … just calm down a bit, that … that was his first task. 

He paced in circles. There was no way Kanohi could c-convince a Turaga, he was no leader, not smart enough, not important enough. He … what could he do?

Po-Koro

T-Toa Stannis,” he squeaked out, “I … please, I … I think your mask can teleport people? You need to … please send me to Po-Koro. I need to warn them of the time limit, and this announcement. Th-the village just suffered some sort of emergency, they would not be ready for war. They need to prepare, maybe reach out to the league. It … it wouldn’t work but I have to try. If I walk it … it will be too slow. And … and I think I saw the Taku traveling there to help the emergency. Knichou may be there, and may be able to hurry back here to help. I … I am sorry I just … I think I can m-manage warning them.”

He trembled as he continued to pace, “T-Toa Stannis, before I go, do … do you know anything about this? Is … is the League lady telling the truth? Is she a T-Toa? Did she try to make peace? D-did Metru-Koro’s Turaga antagonize her?

OOC: @Biological Chronicler @EmperorWhenua @Toru Nui

IC Po-Koro

The Ba-Matoran nodded, “I … I understand. Um, I am sorry to ask, but is it true that Metru-Koro is far enough from the League? Would … would we even be safe there?

OOC: @BULiK

Edited by Harvali
  • Like 1

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

IC: Ulkarr (Po-Koro Outskirts)

Ulkarr appeared behind Arkius. "Do you need anything?"

He wasn't sure if the concealed Skakdi was still watching, but that didn't matter right now.

@Onaku@Sparticus147

IC: Ostrox (Metru-Koro Airspace, The Ripple)

"As ultimatums go, that wasn't so bad. I doubt they'll take it, of course, but I'd be happy to be proven wrong. Don't worry - they'll get what's coming to them regardless. Eheehehehe..."

@Nato the Traveler@Biological Chronicler

IC: Tekmo and Waveahk (Fau Swamp Outskirts, Cargo Hauler)

Tekmo saw Skorm and Keitara arrive on their vehicle. "Ah! You made it, excellent. As you can see we've come across... an obstacle."

Meanwhile, inside the hauler: "I can breathe underwater as well. If the two of us go on up ahead, perhaps we can see if the hauler is a viable option."

@Keeper of Kraata@TL01 NUVA@Conway@Tarn@Snelly

IC: Navu and Klawne (Metru-Koro)

So. That was the League. If any of what that woman said was true, perhaps the conflict wasn't as black and white as she had been led to believe.

But before anything else could happen, a small grey Matoran ran out into the streets. "Hello?! Is anyone here a medic!? Something's wrong with Toa Falh!"

@Biological Chronicler@Harvali@EmperorWhenua

IC: Enra (Dead Forest)

Enra immediately froze upon hearing a strange voice talking about 'snacks'. She made a sssh gesture to Xane with her hand and her lips as she moved to investigate.

@Onaku@Nato the Traveler

IC: Skorm (Fau Swamp, Expeditionary Convoy)

Skorm shook his head. "Keeping stuff off the drivers apparently wasn't a design priority for this vehicle." Seeing the cargo hauler stop, Skorm pulled the Muaka up to its side.

"We could go around the swamps if necessary, it would be a detour but possible, I think. But the Muaka has an all-terrain crawler mode."

He ran his hands along the dashboard until it found the switch, flipping it. Grinding sounds emitted from the vehicle as the main cab rose on articulated wheel struts, which became crude legs. The wheels locked in place. Skorm looked sidelong at Keitara, noting the tension. "You can transfer to the hauler if you need to," he said softly.

OOC: @TL01 NUVA @Toru Nui @Snelly @Conway @Tarn

• Like 1

The times, they are a-changing...

IC: Irna | Fau Swamp

"I'd be glad to have someone watching my back," Irna, shucking her bow and quiver and leaving them inside the hauler. "Thank you, Waveahk."

She glanced over to see that Skorm and Keitara had successfully followed them. It was good to know that they had made it, even if it was strange to see the two of them together -- they were the only two members of the team that Irna had any real sort of connection with, truthfully. Irna couldn't help but wonder if they had said anything about her on the trip. Irna couldn't help but wonder if Skorm had said anything about her on the trip.

But it wouldn't do to dwell. Irna hefted her spear and walked over to Skorm's vehicle, which had now -- she couldn't quite understand how -- stood up on spidery legs.

"Skorm!" she called up to him. "Are you able to walk that thing through the swamp? We might be able to use your help scouting ahead."

OOC: @Keeper of Kraata @TL01 NUVA @Tarn @Snelly @Toru Nui

-Void

• Like 1

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Arkius - Po-Koro

Arkius was startled out of his breathing exercise by the sudden appearance of the strange toa-like being that had accompanied Nale to the village. He looked over his shoulder, first with an expression of annoyance, before his features shifted toward melancholy. "Oh... no, not really. Just... time to think." The earthen toa sighed, looking back forward and down at the ground. With a sigh, he turned around to face the stranger, his melancholic expression undercut by an inquisitive look. "I don't believe we've met... What is your name, stranger?"

@Toru Nui

• Like 2

"I am Ulkarr. I have come from the south to investigate..." He turned to the severed head of Mata Nui on the horizon. "That. And now I see that your people are in danger of being overrun by the natives. I would like to help, in any way that I can."

@Onaku

IC: Reliable Narrator | Ice Suva Temple

Despite Sidra's efforts to align the panel with six matoran facing left with the North East column by turning the suva anti-clockwise nothing happened. She knew she had the right idea, but figuring out the order and direction would be the catch. Looking back at the three panels she could see the panel with one matoran was the leftmost of the three, the middle panel had three matoran, and the final panel with colored masks had six matoran.

OOC: @Nato the Traveler, thank you for your patience.

Happy chat.

IC: Reliable Narrator | Fau Swamp, Grand Fau Ruins

As he arrived there was no way the ancient aspect of the Kumu Islets could mistake the carvings on the flat surface of the cloven ziggurat. There were pictograms of the matoran venerating their toa, their kaita, and their Great Beings. There were also Hieroglyphs left by the worshippers of Tren-Krom, the time being who swallowed the world. Further still were glyphs only an Aspect would know: glyphs warning of taboo left by followers of Xa-Kuta in the elder days before their great empire fell and was reduced to a pile of ruins in the island chain Lrrthxx called home. This temple was desecrated.

Lrrthxx strode confidently through the large, square, open doorway to the temple. Vines grew on the floor, posing a tripping hazard to the Aspect relearning to walk after so long in his pool. He could hear the dripping of water droplets from soaked moss in the cracked corners of each stone block used in the assembly of the ancient ruined complex. After a short walk in the dark, where partway through he felt a strange tinkling in his gaseous form, a lightless comfort for the being of shadow, Lrrthxx arrived in a round chamber large enough to comfortably pace inside. A beam of sunlight cut through the space at a diagonal, having found a way in through the decrepit and fallen crown of the cloven ziggurat. Before him on the opposite side of the round chamber were three hallways. Once, each hallway had a wooden door barring entry. Now, the doors rotted on the floor after centuries of tomb raiders, and small purple flowers grew from the wood pulp. A purple fungus with hexagonal frills grew from the corpse of a skakdi propped against the wall nearest the right hallway.

In the center of the circular chamber was a cleansing pool of water, now fouled by the toxicity of the Fau Swamp. A pure white lotus floated in the center of the pool, absorbing the sun’s rays.

OOC: @Azibo, welcome to the Grand Fau Ruin. :D

Edited by Unreliable Narrator
  • Like 1

Happy chat.

IC: Triage - Haunted Van

"I told you the van talked..."

With everyone introduced, Triage sunk into his seat, satchel pressed against his chest. Mega calling him sweetheart only served to make the butterflies he was feeling around her worse. The medic wished he could stick around with the mechanic and her haunted van friend, but he'd have to return to Knichou eventually...

@Dane-gerous@ZippyWharrgarbl@Eyru

IC: Nale Vella - Po-Koro

"I suppose," Nale replied. "I'm not sure there's much you can do, but I appreciate it."

She looked to Knichou, wanting to ask him about his offer, about her and Arkius joining the Taku again, but saw he was busy and frowned. In a moment, perhaps.

@Onaku@BULiK

• Like 2

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Waveahk’s Explorers | Fau Swamp, Northern Border

A discard oil drum floated past Irna as she waded through the soggy loam of the edge of the marsh, the brackish water splashing up her legs. Large blue, red, and gold darner flies hovered about near the cargo hauler. Waveahk could see the marsh continued south for a several hours’ drive, and a creeping concern entered his mind: would the cargo hauler be able to drive safely through the marsh, or would it reach a point where the ground became too soft? 

Beyond the marsh and a low-hanging rain cloud in the distance Rose spied something green: jungle.

Something about the smell of the swampland helped bring Keitara from her memories back to the present. Something smelled similar to that haunted battlefield she saw in her nightmares and flashbacks.

OOC: @Snelly, @Tarn, @Toru Nui, @Keeper of Kraata, @TL01 NUVA

• Like 1

Happy chat.

"I see." Ulkarr placed his hand upon Arkius. "I am glad to meet you, Arkius, Toa of Earth... what do you intend to do now?"

@Onaku

IC: Tekmo and Waveahk (Fau Swamp Outskirts, Cargo Hauler)

Waveahk frowned, more so than usual. He took a swig of water from his canteen, and exited the vehicle to address everyone, leaving the door open for Rose and Skyra.

"It is a very real possibility that this vehicle will not reach the other side of this swamp. Considering it carries the boat we need to get to the Islets as well as all of our supplies, that poses a problem. Any ideas?"

"Hmm... we could... no, no, we don't have the equipment on hand. Never mind." Tekmo's dreams of a flying truck were dashed. Maybe a talking one... no, that was ridiculous.

@Tarn@Snelly@Conway@Keeper of Kraata@TL01 NUVA