Six Kingdoms: Rebirth - Gameplay

Unreliable Narrator

IC: Reliable Narrator | South of Irnakk’s Tooth, following the rain

Gnabol double checked the equipment. Yes, seven bedrolls were laid out among the four pitched tents, the canvas of the tents soaked with rain water. The branches used to pitch the tents had become young saplings, growing at angles to each other, with young green leaves sprouting from their branches. Inside they found a kanoka disk of growth at level one, painted with the symbol of Onu-Metru. They also found a few noble masks with the telltale silver paint of Metru-Nui craftsmanship. These seemed like spoils of a raid.

They did not see a seventh skakdi.

OOC: @Toru Nui, @Smudge8

IC: Reliable Narrator | Dead Forest

Xane and Enra retraced their path down Irnakk’s Tooth in relative peace, but neither would ever forget the visions they endured while in the tunnels to the Nightmare Pits. They chose to leave before fully approaching Irnakk’s realm. 

The hot air coming off the river of lava to their left almost boiled through organics, and the smoke left a pungent sulfurous taste in their mouths. By the time they reached the edge of the Dead Forest they could barely make out their new goal just by nature of the rolling smoke from the volcano. The temple Xane and Enra headed towards could be found a few more hours to the East, constructed on an island of lava rock now stuck firmly in the middle of the lava river.

But it seemed their journey got distracted by a new arrival...

OOC: @Toru Nui, @Nato the Traveler

IC: Reliable Narrator | The Destroyed Skakdi Fort, Odd Company

The Odd Company, as the assembled puzzle solvers and treasure seekers called themselves in the rose-tinted memories of the week before last, decided to move on from the corpse of the Zakazian skakdi. But to where? Night crept ever closer, and reports from the scouts in Metru-Koro had said wailing sounds were heard to the North at night, probably from some terrifying packs of rahi. 

Would the Odd Company choose to try settling down for the night in the destroyed fort overlooking the toxic lake, or would they continue on into the night to someplace else?

OOC: @Snelly, @Tarn, @~Xemnas~, @pokemonlover360, @Onaku, and more!

• Like 2

Happy chat.

IC: Rose - Outside Fau Swamp

Rose climbed out of the cargo hauler and stretched, letting out a loud sigh. "Being inside that thing was giving me a real crick in the neck..."

@Snelly@Toru Nui@Conway@Keeper of Kraata@TL01 NUVA

IC: Jutori - Ruined Fort

"It'll be dark soon. Unless you guys wanna try trekking around this place at night, I say--despite the creepiness--we camp out here and get moving in the morning."

"I mean what's the worst that could happen, right? Right?"

@~Xemnas~@pokemonlover360@Onaku@Harvali

Edited by Tarn
  • Like 2

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Keitara (Fau Swamp)

A grateful expression passed across Kei's face, but she shook her head. "I'd rather stay by your side, if that was all right with you. The last time..."

She looked at the rest of the party, then back to Skorm.

"I don't know if I should worry them, but... something about this place... well, smells familiar. There was another swamp where I once lived, the Karda Nui cavern. The water was tainted and any being who was exposed for too long... well, they changed." She met the Toa's eyes, hers wide and deep blue. "There is something dangerous here. Something I know. If I could just. Remember."

Her gaze fell on Irna wading through the swamp, and she fought down a scream and the impulse to dive in after her other new friend. 

With some difficulty she turned her attention back to Skorm. "Do you think it's worth telling the others, or should I wait to see if any more memories come back?"

(OOC: @Keeper of Kraata, also @Tarn @Snelly @Conway @Toru Nui if any of y'all want to have overheard her.)

• Like 2

Whatever mountain you are climbing, you can do this.

BZPRPG character masterpost

20220406_234727.jpg

"Just promise me something... don't let me go."

IC: Pridak | Metru-Nui, Coliseum, Pridak’s Throne Room

Once Seybo and Aurax departed, Pridak busied himself with hiring a contractor to build a waiting room on the floor below and an administrative assistant to schedule appointments with visitors. The contractor was a strong looking takean from his home island. He was a real loan shark, but Pridak knew he did good work. The additional waiting spaces would be finished within the week if construction was rushed. His new administrative assistant was a vortixx. Their skills included communication with the departed, so he figured regardless of what showed up the vortixx could talk with them. Besides, wearing a rau couldn’t hurt in crossing language barriers. The elevator would stop on floor private floor 49, making it impossible to access this throne room without an appointment. Once his business was concluded, Pridak settled in for some alone time, some time for himself, some time to watch the fires of the volcano from his throne and consider what a mess he made for his people and the countless lives lost in space, or time, or whatever.

Happy chat.

IC: Arkius - Po-Koro outskirts

Arkius furrowed his brow and looked down to the side. "I'm... honestly not sure. My outburst earlier... I don't know if the matoran will trust me."

@Toru Nui

IC: Iradra - Po-Koro

Kneeling down next to Nale, she began undoing the wound dressing. Doing so, Iradra found an ugly wound, pierced and burnt, with the kneecap shattered and charred. It was an all around unpleasant and horrific sight, but Iradra had seen many wounds in the week that had gone by, some far worse than what she was faced with now. All things considered, despite the severity of the injury, Iradra was faced with a rather easy job. Raising her hand over the wound, radiance began to dance from her palm down to the wounded knee. It was slow at first, barely perceptible, but surely enough, the effects of her power became apparent. First was the burn wound, the charred flesh and singed bone gradually becoming healthy again. From within the wound, pus and gunk spurted out and onto the sand-strewn ground, the hole drawing together and the kneecap's fragments joining into one whole, until finally, the knee was mended. Iradra stood back up from Nale, offering her hand to the now healed toa along with a reassuring smile.

@Tarn

Edited by Onaku
  • Like 2

IC: Rek - Entering Metru-Koro

Well, wasn't this all something?

The Toa who'd been confronting her was suddenly off like a shot, on apparently far more important business than dealing with a supposedly 'trespassing' Skak; and even as Rek leered at his retreating form, her eyebrows climbed higher in bemusement. For someone who was supposed to be guarding this village, he was either pretty lax about it, or fancied himself a tremendous judge of character if he was confident she wouldn't cause trouble from a few sentences alone.

I mean, she was far less likely to do so than any other Skak out here... not that that was saying much. But Rek figured that she, at least, had some honour. She didn't stab others in the back like SOME PEOPLE who she knew better than to think about and tended to stick to her word. The latter was kind of necessary if you wanted people to hire you again, even if a trustworthy Skakdi stuck out like a sore thumb. She also didn't see the point of raiding just for the sake of it; though if she was paid to do so, you also wouldn't find her complaining.

Job was a job, after all.

But now that she'd been left alone right here, next to the settlement... pulling herself half out of Backstabber's seat, Rek rested her arms on the cockpit's edge and cast her gaze around. The Toa were all retreating, either back to guard duty, or to the two flying giant-doobedies making vaguely threatening motions towards each other. One looked like an enemy of these guys... and where enemies existed, there was potential profit to be made.

She decided to clomp closer and listen in.

- - -

It was informative, Rek had to admit. She hadn't wanted to get too close, knowing that anyone and everyone would spook at the sight of big bad Skakdi - insert eye-roll here, but whatever - but had lingered a little way from the settlement's outskirts, watching the development. Two beings left the apparent enemy vessel, while the other sped off for parts unknown (and, frankly, uncared about), and the same two beings eventually returned, one looking almost gleeful, the other crushed by the weight of the world. The vessel took off, only to turn and broadcast an ultimatum loud enough for even the dead to hear it.

A mask? A war? A Turaga refusing peace?

She smelled profit.

Leaving Backstabber where it was, and pocketing her heartlight so that no little matoran thief would make off with it - not that they'd dare because she'd hunt them to Irnakk's inferno and back - the orange Skak casually strode towards the settlement. Wars were profitable, for those who were interested in lending their skills to either side, and Rek had a good feeling that a deal could be made, one way or the other.

It seemed, to her, that it was time to have a little talk with this Turaga.

Ignoring any looks she got from terrified matoran, Rek made her stride a casual one. Oh sure, she knew she wasn't welcome; but she made her pace more imply that she didn't care. If they wanted to see her as a monster, that was on them, not on her. She wouldn't start a fight, though she wouldn't shy from it if someone else through the first punch; but for now, she was here on business.

(ooc: Rek is heading towards Sans' hut with an offer to make, but is open for interactions if anyone wants to intercept her first! ^^)

IC: Varxii - Outskirts of Metru-Koro

"Are... you deliberately being ominous?"

As Varxii saw it, there were roughly three options.First possibility: this being was incredibly long-lived, so everything seemed to be gone quickly by their standards. Second: they could see the future and was giving her a cryptic warning. Or third: they were just trying to spook her. Honestly, Varxii thought that any of them sounded just about as plausible as any other when it came to this complete unknown.

...and just as honestly, on another note, she'd much rather stay here talking to the stranger than venture closer and see what the Ripple was doing here. She had easily recognised, by now, the airship she had voyaged on near the war's climax... and had a distinct feeling that no-one on board it, even were they here under truce, would be at all happy to see her. Varxii had know idea just how well known it was that she'd jumped ship from the League in the middle of the invasion; but if her former comrades saw her here, they would undoubtedly put two and two together: and then neither side would want her.

Better to stay here, talking to...

To...

"I didn't get your name, did I? Who are you?"

@Eyru

Banner.png.3e903c5c49a30ba9503c72b2d57066b0.png

"New legends awake, but old lessons must be remembered.
For that is the way
of the BIONICLE."

IC: Ulkarr (Po-Koro Outskirts)

"They do not understand the responsibilities placed upon you. Granted, I don't either, but still. If defending these people is your intention... then I have a proposition for you."

@Onaku

IC: Gnabol (Wilderness, Aqua Sphere Trail, Skakdi Camp)

Gnabol was overwhelmed. He could... feel the fear of the crying infants, as clearly as he could hear their screaming and wailing. Regardless, he tried to gain control of the situation before determining the existence of a seventh missing Skakdi.

"Sssh, sssh-sssh-sssh, it's OK... nothing bad's gonna happen to you, it's OK..." He tried to collect all six of them together in a single spot, so he could comfort them all at the same time.

@Smudge8

Edited by Toru Nui
  • Like 1

For the purposes of providing a visual aid, Ulkarr used his powers to create elaborate shadow puppets on the ground for his explanation.

"My people know of a certain ritual. It involves taking a fresh, still flashing heartlight - and transforming it, into a purely organic entity known as a 'Kraata'. He who offers up the heart to be transformed will be bonded with the Kraata, granting them additional power. Controlling the weather, the beasts, the insects, the plants, anger, fear, confusion - these are but a few. Interested?"

@Onaku

As soon as he saw Ulkarr shifting the shadows, Arkius' eye narrowed. The description of the macabre ritual did little to persuade him, and as the stranger asked him if he was interested, Arkius shook his head. "No. What you've described crosses a line I will not cross. I am not interested in such dark deals and shadowy rituals to gain power."

@Toru Nui

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Toru Nui said:

IC: Enra (Dead Forest)

Enra immediately froze upon hearing a strange voice talking about 'snacks'. She made a sssh gesture to Xane with her hand and her lips as she moved to investigate.

IC: Xane - Dead Forest

He stopped as well, readying his rifle before following Enra towards the source of the sound. 

5 hours ago, Toru Nui said:

IC: Ostrox (Metru-Koro Airspace, The Ripple)

"As ultimatums go, that wasn't so bad. I doubt they'll take it, of course, but I'd be happy to be proven wrong. Don't worry - they'll get what's coming to them regardless. Eheehehehe..."

IC: Zaliyah - The Ripple

"At least, when it all goes to karzahni I can say I tried," Zaliyah muttered as she rejoined the others, "They have only themselves to blame." 

3 hours ago, Unreliable Narrator said:

IC: Reliable Narrator | Ice Suva Temple

Despite Sidra's efforts to align the panel with six matoran facing left with the North East column by turning the suva anti-clockwise nothing happened. She knew she had the right idea, but figuring out the order and direction would be the catch. Looking back at the three panels she could see the panel with one matoran was the leftmost of the three, the middle panel had three matoran, and the final panel with colored masks had six matoran.

IC: Sidra - Bad At Puzzles

With nothing having happened, Sidra scowled at the panels for a moment. What was she missing? She'd already tried turning the Suva to the left and the right, with no success on either attempt. Although... she hadn't had the North-East column as a reference point the last time she'd tried the left turn. Maybe that was the problem? Maybe the North-East column was the neutral position for the Suva, not wherever it had been left originally. 

She continued pushing the Suva to the right until the first panel, with the single Matoran and single Toa, was aligned with the North-East column. Assuming she was correct in that being the starting position, then the one Matoran on the first panel presumably indicated it needed to be turned once to the left. 

And so, arms aching, she started to push it back the other way until it was lined up with the next column along. 

@Unreliable Narrator

• Like 2

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Mega - Zakaz, Metru-Koro (Arriving at the Taku)

"Gotta make fast friends in these times, I reckon. Especially with you lot arrivin' on Zakaz, things got even more convoluted. Still, mighty nice to talk to more of my kind, I guess. Or, well, sorta. I ain't a Toa, after all." She chuckled, though there was something else behind it.

And, smoothly, Mega slowed as the van arrived at the airship that both Taja and Triage hailed from. 

"And, here's ya stop." She turned back, adjusting her bandana before giving a thumbs up.

OOC: @Tarn @ZippyWharrgarbl @Eyru and anyone wantin to hang nearby the Taku

Edited by Dane-gerous

"Re-purposing the components of your enemies's bodies into weapons to protect your people is... undesirable?" Ulkarr seemed to be genuinely confused by Arkius's objection.

@Onaku

IC: Ostrox (Metru-Koro Airspace, The Ripple)

"Indeed." Ostrox sat down and began re-reading the books he had packed for in-flight entertainment.

@Nato the Traveler@Biological Chronicler

Enra carefully tried to spy on the strange creature she heard - but she stepped on a twig by accident, creating a loud snap sound. "Oh, ffffffffffudge..."

@Onaku@Nato the Traveler

"That's part of it. I'm curious... once someone bonds with the kraata, can the process be reversed? Can the kraata be removed? And what do you get out of this ritual anyway?"

@Toru Nui

IC: Rangi - Dead Forest

Upon hearing the twig snap, Rangi's head swivelled immediately to the source of the noise, where he noticed two skakdi sneaking up on him. "... Like, you two aren't trying to sneak up on me to beat me up, are you?"

@Nato the Traveler

• Like 1

"An increased power level increases chances of survival. You are a small beacon of order in an island drowned in chaos. I would see that situation reversed. Speaking of which: I'm afraid that the process is irreversible. Perhaps it once could have been, but if so, the knowledge has been lost to time. But there are no harmful affects from the process... ask the locals. My irresponsible brethren have been performing the rite on them like it was going out of style."

@Onaku

"Just... just didn't know who you were, that was all... still don't. Not sure if you're friendly."

@Onaku@Nato the Traveler

IC: Rangi - Dead Forest

Rangi blinked. "Yeah... well... I'm not entirely sure if you're friendly either, so at least we're, like, equally disadvantaged." The hound steed let out a low bark at its rider, and immediately the Zyglak turned to look at Clanka-Clunk. "No, Clank, we're not going to the malt shop. Sheriff closed it down, remember?"

@Nato the Traveler

"The locals? Such as those savage skakdi marauders? I have no desire to emulate them. Nor am I in want of power." Arkius crossed his arms, his brow furrowed. "Now tell me, Ulkarr. What is it you gain from the ritual?"

@Toru Nui

• Like 2

Having pushed the suva to what she assumed was the neutral starting position of the Northeast column, she then busied herself pushing the suva to the left until she reached the spot where the one would be on sundial. Sidra heard a sound new to her throughout her time working on this puzzle: the soft clicking of something falling into place underneath the floor.

OOC: @Nato the Traveler

Edited by Unreliable Narrator

Happy chat.

IC: Nale Vella - Po-Koro

"I...I..."

The process wasn't like anything she'd seen before. A Mask of Healing could do similar but this felt...different. It was like the wound had never even been there. Nale took Iradra's hand and immediately noticed the lack of pain as she stood, and the fact she felt far more steady, her knee not prepared to give out at any moment or a spear necessary to stay upright. "This...how did you do that...?"

Tears welled up and she tried to hide them, but it was obvious the event had moved her.

"...thank you."

Nale quickly got the feeling she didn't deserve this, and the grateful smile on her face turned to a frown. But it wasn't like she'd ask Iradra, "hey, ruin my leg again, actually."

Now what?

@Onaku

IC: Triage - Haunted Van/Return to the Taku

"Alright, here we are," Triage said, hopping out of the van and grabbing the Matoran with a missing limb. "Taja, can you get the other survivor?" he asked the De-Toa, before guiding his patient to the airship.

@Dane-gerous@ZippyWharrgarbl@Eyru@BULiK

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

OOC: mobile

IC: Sidra - Ice Temple

Finally, progress! 

She set to pushing the Suva back the other way. The next panel along showed three Matoran facing right, so she presumed that was how many columns it would need to be shifted in that direction.

@Unreliable Narrator

Edited by Nato the Traveler
  • Like 1

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Uraborask (Po-Koro Outskirts)

Patience was the key for a good hunter, but patience can only do so much. Uraborask wanted to meet this aspect, for no other purpose other then to understand their plans and be ready to stay out of the way of them.

Stalking closer, ever so closer, to the gates of this village, Uraborask caught sight of an obviously distressed toa, something he didn't want to bother with, but then his quarry appeared before Uraborask retreated from the shadows of the wall he was lurking against. Hopefully the shadows alone with help ensure his nondetection.

1 hour ago, Toru Nui said:

"An increased power level increases chances of survival. You are a small beacon of order in an island drowned in chaos. I would see that situation reversed. Speaking of which: I'm afraid that the process is irreversible. Perhaps it once could have been, but if so, the knowledge has been lost to time. But there are no harmful affects from the process... ask the locals. My irresponsible brethren have been performing the rite on them like it was going out of style."

Indeed it does, and the fact that this toa is refusing an opportunity like this is annoying to his sense of hunter's pride. Why is it that the apex of the ecosystem gives the prey the chance to flourish, when their are predators like himself ready to kill for that power. And the fact that the prey is refusing it, only makes it worse. Soured by his anger at the situation, his focus is loss and his kraata gives way his natural colors. Now only the gilly and the shadows of the wall are preventing sight of the massive skakdi lurking not so far away from the proceeding conversation.

OOC: @Toru Nui @Onaku

IC: Vulimai (Metru-Koro)

No, that could not be true, this could not be happening. Why in the world would Turaga Sans endanger the matoran like this? Is it a ruse made by the League  to sow dissent before their attack, or are they merely speaking the truth. The only way Vulimai could possibly know was to confront the turaga herself, and if it was true, then hopefully as captain of the guard he will listen to her and understand reason.

OOC: @Azibo Going to confront Turaga Sans but anyone stop her if you feel inclined.

Edited by Sparticus147
  • Like 1

OOC: @Sparticus147 let me know if this messes you up, I am planning to write parts of this anyway, so I can edit this if need be

IC Po-Koro - eavesdropping

Hiding behind a slab of Stone was a De-Matoran, staring after Arkius and Ulkarr. His fingers dropped against the rock as his hearing focused in. He had went to follow the Toa, apologize for Supaka. Po-Koro was alone, battered, and beaten;  they could not risk alienating a Toa, especially one who had helped them. In these dark days, swallowing the lingering pride of Po-Koro was the only way the Matoran could survive. 

And the words this Toa said … and Toa Nale confirmed that Toa Ulkarr had helped them in their quest, distracting Rahi and protecting them. Was … was it possible…?

And then the De-Matoran happened to hear a faint noise, and he looked for the source. And then he spotted someone lurking nearby. Was … could that be a … a Skakdi Xa? Still here? He swallowed and shouted enough to hurt his ears, “Toa, there is a Skakdi Xa here!

OOC: @Onaku @Toru Nui @Sparticus147

IC Po-Koro - spotted

Elsewhere, a Ce-Matoran carried Dalu’s scavenged Vahki Staff of Confusion as she patrolled. They were low on guards, and she was at least resistant to the effects of the staff. It may have been damaged after all, when Dalu was … hurt.

As she walked about she saw … she didn’t know what she saw. There were two large things, one a Rahi, a collections of tentacles and wings hovering in the air. It was … the fluctuating tendrils, it was unnatural, twisted. What … what was this? She gripped her staff tight. And beside it was … was it a Rahi too? It wore clothes though, and it’s proportions were … more Toa like. But it only had a walking stick, she didn’t see weapons. But it didn’t seem stressed by the monstrous Rahi? But different breeds of Rahi didn’t often coexist, so that … was the monster a pet?

She swallowed she … she was a guard now. She had a duty to their unity. She took a step forward and said, “W-who are you? C-can you understand me?

OOC: @Nato the Traveler @ultimoscorp

Edited by Harvali
  • Like 1

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

IC: Knichou, Po-Koro

8 hours ago, Harvali said:

IC Po-Koro

The Ba-Matoran nodded, “I … I understand. Um, I am sorry to ask, but is it true that Metru-Koro is far enough from the League? Would … would we even be safe there 

"I wish I knew..."

Knichou walked away from the matoran, moving over to where Iradra was just finishing up her work on Nale's leg. Knichou looked out in the distance, thinking of his next moves.

Across the street a strange van pulled up underneath where the Taku was parked, and Triage got out of it. There were two matoran in the vehicle, and Triage carried one of them up the rope ladder hanging out of the open cargo bay doors. Arnex was doing inventory on the supplies on the ground, which had since been moved from blocking the ruptures in the village walls to the village center where the Taku now was. Berys was on the bridge, relaxing after finally setting the vehicle into the auto-hover mode while it was anchored. Suhaku and Exuze were inside the cargo bay, with Suhaku ferrying any medical supplies from the pallets below to Exuze as the Lesterin tended to Dalu on a makeshift bed of boxes inside the ship. Exuze was no doctor, and was glad Triage would finally be able to give him some orders so he would know how to help these matoran.

Satisfied with his crew's progress, Knichou finally addressed Nale.

"Has Arkius always been this much angrier since the collapse?"

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

Sidra pushed the suva three columns to the right, to where the fourth hour would be on a sundial, but didn't hear the telltale sound of something clicking into place. She was on the right track with some of her reasoning, but something she assumed was holding her back.

OOC: @Nato the Traveler

Happy chat.

Sidra shuffled the Suva back and forth, gave it a solid kick, and even tried climbing atop it and jumping up-and-down a few times, all to no avail.

There was no click.

But the first one had worked. Why wouldn't this part? Unless... the numbers weren't the amount of times she had to shift the Suva? What if they were the actual numbers on the clock face she had to push the Suva to? 

That made more sense, now that she thought about it. If her recollection was correct, then the final number, six, aligned with the second hand of the sundial on the upper floor. 

She pushed the Suva back to the three, hoping to hear the tell-tale click of success. If it worked, she would try to push it to the six next.

If that failed, she had likely screwed it up by pushing it too far to the right this time, and she would rest to the neutral position to start over - left to the one, right to the three, then left again to the six.

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator

IC: Sans, Turaga's Hut

While still discussing the next step with Leklo and Korruhn, a knock on the door.  Sans was becoming used to the sporadic guests; maybe he should set up a formal office building.  "Come on in!"  Sans was old, and constant trips to and from the door were going to be the death of his hips.

As the door opened, a familiar lady of blue and white entered the abode.  "Vulimai, hello.  Was there trouble I need to play judge to?"

OOC: @Sparticus147

In a world where heroes and villains battle for the fate of the universe‚ some people have normal lives and work normal jobs... Zimixes

Sidra didn't hear the telltale click by trying to fix her mistake, but resetting did the trick. Each time she pushed the suva -- left to the one, right to the three, left to the six -- she heard the telltale click. On the final time, she felt something in her mind. It felt cold, and her senses heightened, and suddenly her vision peeled away from her physical form and she was far above the island of Zakaz looking down upon the region she was currently in. She could by the starlight above the glittering shape of a League vessel returning to the Great Spirit's head. She could see the rocky mountains leveled by the concussive blast in the wake of the Great Spirit's crash. She could see a ruined fortress where a gathering of refugees were considered their next move, and she could feel the cold chill of Winter in her bones. Then her vision returned, her mind filled with local knowledge of the region's geography. The suva remained shut, but opened in her mind's eye. She saw inside the pocket dimension of the suva resided a glittering double-edged sword of a strange white metal, with a hollow fuller. Along with it was a great mask of X-Ray vision. She felt a sense of connection to the suva, and realized she could now use it while within its region.

OOC: Congrats @Nato the Traveler! Sidra can now store an equivalent item to remove an equivalent item from the suva while within the region of the Ice Suva Temple's domain. There is a short cooling period between swapping.

• Like 1

Happy chat.

Exhausted, but accomplished, her mind still reeling from the bizarre out-of-body experience she'd just endured, Sidra sat down, back resting against the Suva. 

She'd done it. She'd unlocked the Suva. She'd found... something. She'd been looking for a way to help everyone get home, what she'd found instead looked to be nothing more than the relics of a long-dead Toa.

Still, after all of that effort, she wanted to see what she'd found. She reached out with her mind, willing the Kanohi and sword housed within the Suva to swap with the mask and sword she currently carried.

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator

• Like 1

IC Collector - Metru-Koro

Collector nodded, eyeing the corpse of Mata-Nui. Whatever the natural day and night cycle of this planet was, the decapitated head’s shadow had shortened it. That would make things … awkward. “Yes, it may be wise to take shelter. The fort should still be some protection, and there may even be some tools or maps left behind in the fort by the looters. Maybe we can find an clue where to look for … whatever we are looking for.

They hoped they would be able to find a mask, but Skakdi could not wear them, at least back in the universe. Odds were they would not find one here. And it was even more unlikely that they would be able to find a Mask with an elemental power. But out here, walking slow, exposed and among all these Toa, they would be fine with even a Noble Mask of Translation.

OOC: @pokemonlover360 @~Xemnas~ @Onaku @Snelly @Tarn clearly Collector’s worse trait is thinking little of the Rau. They are good masks, they let you talk to rhino-kangaroos. 

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

IC: Triage - The Taku

The medic boarded the craft, bringing with him more wounded to treat. Taja wasn't far behind with the injured Ta-Matoran. Finding somewhere comfortable for them to rest inside the cargo bay required some creativity, but once done Triage gave pointers to Exuze, guiding the Lesterin along in...triage, even allowing him to use some of the tools from his satchel. Which didn't mean the Lesterin could look inside or touch it as much as it meant Triage was taking them out and handing them over, keeping his optics open in case Exuze tried anything. Things had settled down outside, and from there the medic could observe his captain conversing with people.

Once he'd treated them all, Triage left Exuze to watch over the patients in case they needed anything. Walking past Taja, he said, "I'll be...back. I gotta see someone about a thing. All the patients are stable, thanks for the help."

Heading back down, Triage returned to Yaushe, opening the door to the van. "Mega, I...I just wanted to say, um..."

@Dane-gerous@ZippyWharrgarbl@Eyru

IC: Nale Vella - Po-Koro

"He was like this before," she replied with a sigh. "You just...weren't there to see it. The crash only made it worse. I try to calm him, try to bring him back down, but after the Archives...it's like trying to get a kane-ra to take a different course."

"Him and I have differing opinions on violence now, that's for sure."

@BULiK

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Reliable Narrator | ICE SUVA INVENTORY

THE ICE SUVA HAS IDENTIFIED NEW ITEMS: 

1.) Mask, unknown origin, power to travel through shadows

2.) Electric sword, unknown origin, can phase through objects and deliver electric shocks.

THE ICE SUVA HAS RELINQUISHED THE FOLLOWING ITEMS: 

1.) Mask of X-Ray Vison, origin Forgemaster Dume, power of X-Ray vision

2.) Sword of Ice, origin unknown, power to create beams of ice, freeze water, or make walls of ice depending on moisture and temperature of environment.

OOC: @Nato the Traveler, please update Sidra's character profile.

Edited by Unreliable Narrator
  • Like 2

Happy chat.

IC: Triage - Po-Koro

"Well I'm--I'm normally a lot more composed than this, I guess. Besides these hands, but..."

He shook his head. "Anyways, uh...you don't live in this van, right? I mean--karz--if you could make me a map--no!--" Triage covered his face for a moment and sighed, before moving his hands around, trying to make some sort of gesture to help him speak words right. "Where could I find you...after this...in case you ever wanna. Hang out. Somewhere that isn't a warzone."

@Dane-gerous

Edited by Tarn
  • Like 2

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Tuakana | Metru-Koro Outskirts

A strange sky-ship approached the little village. They watched it move slowly over the earth. It cast a shadow over the huts and the campfires and the little beings who looked up, curious. They did not recognize this vessel. Skakdi machines did many things, but they did not fly.

The Skakdi machines... they did not care for the reckless speed of the sand vehicles. The vehicles moved too swiftly and too loud. Tearing up the earth. Fouling the air. The marauders rode their metal mounts and left change in their wake. 

They did not trust those machines. They did not trust this new one either. It hovered soundlessly over the village. More insect than bird. They saw death in its shadow.

"Deliberate?" Their guttural voice lingered over each syllable. "Always."

They slowly turned their hidden face back to Varxii. Their eyeless sight lingered on her.

"To be deliberate... is to be wise. Move slowly. Speak... carefully. Think like the mountains."

They paused, as if to demonstrate their advice.

"The young... do not deliberate. Heedless. They live and die... too quickly."

Almost imperceptibly, they shook their head sadly. "Always."

At Varxii's second question, they seemed to sigh. Like they had heard this question before. Their armour creaked mournfully. 

"This word... follows me. And escapes... when I turn to look."

OOC: @That Matoran with a Vahi

• Like 1

IC: Korruhn, approaching Ice Suva

It had been a day since the chaos that was Sans' office, and that day had been spent by Korruhn and Leklo mostly in silence, attempting to seek inner peace and process the tornado of events that occurred back at the village. The self-righteous envoy of Pridak's that waltzed into the office and made demands like it had a foot to stand on, Korruhn perceived no direct threat. A scared waif, lashing out at those it feels abandoned it, propped up on the false confidence of masters who would just as soon lop it's head off. He almost pitied the creature, until he heard it's vengeful call over the speaker. Whether the threat was real or not, Korruhn knew he would kill that thing  the next time he saw it, regardless of whether Sans was there or not.

And Sans. The wisecracking old man, usually the most jovial spirit in town, dispelling a wrath an anger unbecoming of the man he is; it worried Korruhn. If even Sans is this worried, how safe were the people of Metru Nui, really? Perhaps a more proactive approach would help that, but that would be a discussion for later. Now that he thought about it, Korruhn too could feel a rage like that he saw in Sans, seething and boiling, waiting for the moment the cauldron tips. He had lost his home, his life, many of his friends, and now again, death stood at their door, beckoning them to step closer. Matoran pledge for peace, but how will we ever be able to practice peace when we are constantly threatened by war? Korruhn didn't become a Toa for this, to play diplomat idly while deviants wandered into the community and threatened their very existence; he became a Toa to take action, to strike at the throat of his enemies before they could come for his.

The Ko-Toa's black right hand clenched into a fist. He could feel the connection to the shadow more and more every day. He felt raw power when he gripped the khopesh in that hand, as though the shadow worked with him, and guided him. Perhaps there was a way, through shadow, to take this land for his people.

"We're almost there," Leklo suddenly piped up, crouched on an outcropping ahead of Korruhn, overlooking the Suva. Korruhn shuffled his thoughts back into the deepest compartments of his mind, at least for the time being. His hands found his way to the lip of his cloak's hood, which he drew over his head. He checked to make sure all of his pouches and straps were set, and his weapons ready. He looked to his companion, who was doing the same.

"Be prepared for a fight," Korruhn said dryly, knowing full well that Leklo already knew this. "We don't know what we're going to find down there, and frankly, I think Metru Koro is going to need our help more than we know."

With that, Korruhn jumped from the outcropping, and began a cautious walk to the temple that lay before him.

OOC: @EmperorWhenua

• Like 1

image.png.c80b02daebe0faa6146a8dfce1ccb188.png

"This spot marks our grave; but you may rest here too, if you like."

IC: Skyra Daring - Outside Fau Swamp -

Skyra followed Rose out of the Cargo Hauler soon after, flipping out and onto the ground, she stretched a bit. "Dang, my legs fell asleep..." Skyra's jet pack roared to life and Skyra took to the sky, before looking back at Rose. "I'm gonna scout ahead a bit too love, be right back~" She blew a kiss at the Toa of Fire before flying above the swamp, surveying the area with a bird's eye view. 

@Toru Nui @Tarn @TL01 NUVA @Conway @Keeper of Kraata

IC: Vashni - Ruined Fort -

Vashni turned to look at Jutori. "Famous last words of many an adventurer." It was hard to tell if Vashni was joking or not. "I agree, camping out here sounds like the best solution. Though we should take turns keeping watch to be safe." 

@pokemonlover360 @Tarn @Onaku @~Xemnas~ @Harvali

Edited by Snelly
  • Like 1

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: Mega - Zakaz, Po-Koro

She laughed again, but there was a twinkle in her yellow eyes as her genuine smile creeped across her face.

"You know, meeting you after what I saw today was like some real nice sunshine after a storm. You're real pure, Triage. Don't know how Yaushe feels, but takin' you along with us would be real nice. Course, you got your crew." She paused, adjusting her bandana, looking Triage in the eyes. "So I guess you gotta settle for visitin', right? About a day out, in the wastes north-east, you'll run into a garage. That's my place. You stop by sometime, alright? Sure would make my day."

Mega winked. She truly, really did hope Triage took the time to meet her again. 

OOC: @Tarn @ZippyWharrgarbl

IC: Rose - Outside Fau Swamp

Rose waved to Skyra and smiled, then turned to Waveahk. 

"What can I do?"

@Snelly@Toru Nui@Conway@Keeper of Kraata@TL01 NUVA

IC: Jutori - Ruined Fort

"Sure, I'd say Kilo can do a good job as a guard robot, too."

@~Xemnas~@pokemonlover360@Harvali@Onaku

IC: Triage - Po-Koro

Triage smiled, and his optics seemed to glow brighter. The butterflies kicked up again.

"I will, you can count on it! Don't be surprised if a big airship stops by some time. And uh, it was nice meeting you too, Yaushe. Never met a ghost, or a ghost van, before, so..."

@Dane-gerous@ZippyWharrgarbl

• Like 2

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

As the new mask settled over her face, and the unfamiliar sword appeared at her side, Sidra forced herself upright and drew the weapon, giving it an experimental swing through the air to test its weight.

Suffice it to say, she was more than a little surprised when the blade, trailing icy vapour in its wake, caused frost to blossom on the wall of the temple before her.

A cry - equal parts surprise and delight - escaped her lips, and she almost dropped the weapon. Sidra's species had no elements, her electrified sword was the closest she'd ever come to wielding any kind of power. But if this sword had elemental power, even without a Toa to wield it... that changed everything. 

There were so many possibilities, so much to- 

An irritating beep from her gauntlet caught her attention, and she glanced at the screen. Her nektann, still up on the second level, had spotted two figures approaching. 

Though she could have simply zoomed in the image before her to get a better look, she decided instead to activate her new (probably temporary) mask, reeling as the world suddenly evaporated into translucency before her. The approaching beings didn't look like skakdi... Toa, perhaps? They were moving cautiously, though whether they already knew she was here or not was unclear. Hopefully they weren't the same Toa she'd already crossed in the past. 

Backing a little further into the temple, she looked around the walls and floor with the mask, trying to see if there was anything in the temple she was yet to discover while she waited for the new arrivals.