Six Kingdoms: Rebirth - Gameplay

Unreliable Narrator

IC: Vulimai (Turaga Sans Hut)

"No, but there is something I need to know..." briefly hesitating, Vulimai wonders if questioning her turaga is such a wise decision before continuing. "Is what that toa said true? That you refused an offer of peace for this village?" A determined look lays now plastered across Vulimai's face, ensuring that she isn't going to leave without an answer.

OOC: @Azibo

Edited by Sparticus147

IC: Reliable Narrator | Ice Suva Temple

The mask of x-ray vision assisted in seeing through the walls and ceiling, but the floor proved difficult after a certain distance. It seemed something inside the suva sphere, for Sidra learned with the mask it was a sphere sunk in the ground, prevented viewing inside the pocket dimension it housed. She could definitely see, however, two toa approaching who's armor matched two toa she'd seen in Turaga Dume's office last week before the Great Spirit died.

Happy chat.

IC: Knichou, Po-Koro

Knichou was troubled by the revelation. He knew Nale's regrets regarding anger and violence. The Fe-Toa didn't know what happened in the Archives but clearly it was bloody, as Nale was only now getting the proper treatment for her injuries there. Given Arkius's history of doing everything and pushing far past reasonable limits in combat, things must have gotten pretty bad.

"You been staying here just because of the leg or did... everything that happened... convince you your days of adventuring were over?"

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC: Nale Vella - Po-Koro

"A little bit of both I'd say," Nale replied, shrugging. "I guess you could say I'm retired. Just a Toa in name. I know you're the tech guy, so if you're wondering about the rifle...lost it when the Archives collapsed. Not like I need it anymore."

@BULiK

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

"I think you know that there is no retirement plan in this new world besides... well... the obvious. Rest while you can, for when those Skakdi come back - and they will come back - the Matoran will need you. And as far as that rifle goes, it's a shame you lost it. When you feel the need to take up arms again, I may be able to help with that."

Edited by BULiK

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

"You don't get it," she snapped, stepping closer to Knichou. "You know what I've done but you don't know what I saw, and I don't ever want to become that. There are other ways I can help the village that doesn't require a ###### gun in my hand, or, or..."

Nale backed away slightly, her optics travelling to the ground as she lowered her head. "I'm sorry, Knichou. I just...what if I fail again? What if I fall further than I did before? The last time what I was doing felt right Metru Nui wasn't scrap metal." She raised her head to be eye-to-eye with the Toa of Iron again. "We had a good thing going. Me, you, Kanohi, Arkius, and Stannis...I felt like I was part of a team again, even if not all of you were Toa, but then...then everything got so messy. And now it's all gone, everything I ever fought for. We live in unknown lands, countless are dead, and the locals want us gone. Things get worse with each passing day, and I..."

"...I need to do something. I can't...I can't just watch. God, I feel like I'm losing my mind. I got out of bed today because of a ghost, and now I'm really considering..."

@BULiK

Edited by Tarn
  • Like 2

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Sorilax - Aspect of Shadow and Silence - Aspects of Makuta

Location - Fau Swamp (7, 13)

With - NPC Toa of Fire (Torch) and NPC Le-Matoran (Wing)

A lone Brakas hollered and screamed and wailed, the large plant that was slowly dissolving its prey remaining indifferent as plants so often are prone to do. Vivid green vines dragged the Brakas farther into the deep yellow pitcher of a plant, where its fate was waiting for it.

Sorilax looked away and continued on, not bothered by the small mosquitos that now swarmed around him and his companions. Their tiny buzzing was muted by the droning hum of a nearish Nui-Rama conical hive. Sorilax held up a hand to stop the party, frozen with realization. Ahead of him through the spore mists and fog the swamp grew as dark as night.

Slowly Sorilax raised his vision. There, supported by dozens of ancient trees, was the king of the giant centipedes. Evolis Kerhs. He dwarfed Sorilax and the trees combined. His chitin armor was a deep yellow with brown seemingly splattered across it.

The giant centipede was two Toa wide and one and a half Toa tall, the full length of his body being around twenty Toa long. Giant slugs, which seemed insignificant on Evolis Kerhs, moved along his body in a symbiotic relationship, eating and removing all the swamp’s infectious spores, diseases, and mushrooms. A great black Pakari with deep yellow and brown splotches across it rested in the middle of Evolis Kerhs' head.

Evolis Kerhs’ large legs ended in sharp points, easily piercing the trees that held it aloft. His mandibles were sharp and jagged, glistening with a self-made poison. The giant centipede exuded ancientness and horror. You could not run across him and hope to leave alive. The natural armor was pockmarked with battle wounds, yet Sorilax knew it had never been truly breached. If it had, the way of the Fau Swamp meant that Evolis Kerhs would be dead.

Sorilax remained frozen in awe and shock as the giant centipede slowly lowered its massive head, looking down upon him from the trees almost too small to support Evolis Kerhs’ weight. So massive was the size of the centipede that the movement of its head could be heard, it’s muscles moving underneath its thick chitin armor. It bore no mutation, Sorilax knew. It had been around the Fau Swamp for roughly 800 years. And then it chittered, the noise both deep and high pitched, a screech while also a booming echo.

“Friend,” Torch said, the Toa of Fire in a daze, blinding stepping forward in the muck of the swamp to stand beside Sorilax.

What, what?” Sorilax asked, his shock fading and fear setting in. If Evolis Kerhs decided to kill them, his friends would most certainly die and Sorilax would be without a body.

Torch kept his Kanohi Rau activated, “The giant centipede. It said ‘Friend’.”

Sorilax thought back hundreds of years. He had saved Evolis Kerhs once, back when the giant centipede had only been a Toa long. Back then, Sorilax had been trying to exhibit Light tendencies, which meant that even though he hated giant centipedes, he chose to save one before a Muaka had damaged it severely. That was why Evolis Kerhs only had 91 legs, well, mostly why. “Yes,” Sorilax pondered, “I suppose I did save him once, a long, long time ago. But I had a different body back then, how can he know it’s me? Smell? Intriguing.

The massive insect made another noise, rustling the trees. “P-purpose?” the Toa of Fire uncharacteristically stammered as he translated.

Evolis Kerhs knew a word like “Purpose”? Sorilax wondered at the implications. How much knowledge had this insect accrued? Perhaps Evolis Kerhs had mutated after all, just not outwardly. “One of your fellows killed two of my…” How could Sorilax put it so the ancient beast could understand? “... my non-renewable resources.

The giant centipede stared silently at them. You could audibly hear the air being drawn in and released as it breathed through its body if you listened closely. The noisy Nui-Rama hive nearby nearly drowned it out, however. Evolis Kerhs made another chittering noise.

Translating, Torch managed to speak, “Renewable only. Permission kill young one.” With that, Evolis Kerhs lifted his head once more, his body still causing a premature night to fall below it. Sorilax had to drag Torch away, so in shock the Toa was. Once they were out of sight of Evolis Kerhs, Sorilax pushed the Toa into the roots of a tree and told him to stay there. Sorilax then went back for Wing, plucking her from the tree with his Shadow and bringing her alongside Torch.

It took all evening, but as the sky was darkening Torch and Wing broke free of the shock and fear. Sorilax assured them that there was no way the giant centipede they were looking for could be as massive. Nowadays, there was always some other more horribly mutated Rahi that would kill you before you became the size of Evolis Kerhs.

Sorilax was mid lecture, about how modern mutated insects’ eating habits had a way of causing them to grow large fast but also stopped them from becoming truly massive, when he stopped, holding a finger to his mouth for silence. In fact he activated his Silence and motioned Wing into the tree. As the Le-Matoran scampered up, Sorilax pointed out something in the distance to Torch.

A giant centipede was approaching them, it’s mouth and mandibles stained with Matoran and Steltian blood. It was only half a Toa wide and roughly five Toa long. It seemed insignificant to the other one they had just bore witness to. However, it was the one the group had been searching for. As it continued to approach, unaware of their presence, Sorilax unsheathed his knives and Torch drew his sword. The Toa of Fire would do the fighting and Sorilax would back him up. Wing would observe them from above and nothing would go wrong.

Torch ran from their hiding space, a fire burning in his eyes and on his sword.

Curious, Sorilax thought, that’s not the plan.

OOC: Giant Centipede fight hype! Spoilers, everyone in the Fau Swamp dies of Corodi.

Also, as an aside, I'm having a blast describing the Fau Swamp. It makes me think of the original Jumanji jungle where everything was either huge, alive when it shouldn't be, wanted to kill you, or all of the above.

• Like 4

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

-----------------------------

IC Legion - Po-Koro:

A chuckle, dry like the snads, "Perhaps, but we-"

5 hours ago, Harvali said:

W-who are you? C-can you understand me?

Their crimson eyes snapped around, locking onto the Ce-Matoran in an instant. Small, vulnerable, and most importantly, afraid. Beneath the darkness of the hood, they smiled. With one gnarled, skeletal hand, they beckoned the Ce-Matoran closer. 

"Come closer, small one, we are hard of hearing,"

@Nato the Traveler@Harvali

Edited by The UltimoScorp

IC: Whisper - Po-Koro

"They're already sufficiently disturbed," she chided, "No need to frighten them further."

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Knichou, Po-Koro, :dontgetit:

Knichou took a step backward as Nale lectured him, visibly uncomfortable. He hadn't realized his mistake until it was too late. Nale was right that Knichou was always a distant spectator to the conflicts. He was never the one putting himself on the line time and time again, risking capture or death like Nale always had since the ex-Ghost met her in the streets of Onu-Metru. The one time that Knichou felt he had a destiny and was completely willing to sacrifice his life to others, it was as a selfish, grandiose gesture for more power for himself, for he had no faith in others being able to accomplish the accursed deed. In the end, Tuyet, a Toa of legend who had survived death, attempted the same and failed.

Knichou was always the one to make the weapons, not use them. Conflicts to him had always been an abstract game of numbers - muzzle energy, ballistic trajectories, ammunition levels, armor thickness, hit percentage. He never had to take a life to defend himself, or taken an unsuspecting life from a distance as Nale, to her shame, had. Knichou made weapons so he could feel like he was helping without needing the strength to pull the trigger himself, and by suggesting he do the same for Nale, he unintentionally was trying to shirk his new responsibilities as a Toa, to suggest that those with blood on their hands were destined to forever continue to mire them in conflict.

The pair were silent for a tense moment, before Knichou slowly began to speak up. He had no words that could contest Nale's statements. He could not deny her anger, shame, and grief. The Toa needed desperately to finally release the pressure of what he had seen in the Coliseum tower and Tuyet's warehouse, the stories that he had yet to tell another being and could not chase away with a bottle, but something in Nale's last statement grabbed his attention.

"... Y-you're seeing ghosts too, huh?"

Edited by BULiK

Nale's eyes traveled around, observing those still standing nearby who'd had the unfortunate business of witnessing the two's back and forth. "It's...it's complicated. We should probably take this somewhere more private first." She gave Knichou a look, and then gestured to the Taku with her head.

@BULiK

IC: Korio Karasha - McGrokk's

"Onnn ittt, Miss Yumi," Korio said, finding the nearest discarded box and sliding the disgusting furs in, the smell and texture of them still not affecting the Vo-Skakdi. He even whistled cheerily as he did it. "Didn't think I'd be dabblin' in fur trade, guess I'm shapin' up to be a real renaissance man, eh?"

@Dane-gerous@EmperorWhenua@Vezok's Friend

• Like 1

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

"Probably a good idea, yes..." Knichou agreed, beginning to walk towards his ship. On his way, Knichou picked up a box of electrical components from the stacks of supplies on the ground near the ship. As Knichou approached, Berys remotely opened the hatch on the underside of the ship's bow, and the ladder slid downwards within reach of the two Toa. Knichou climbed up the ladder to reach the lower deck, then climbed another ladder to get up to the upper deck where the bridge was.

The two Toa reached the bridge and turned to the right to enter Knichou's quarters, where they could speak of sensitive matters without fear of upsetting any nearby Matoran or the Taku's crew. When both Toa were inside, Knichou closed the door behind them. The room was cluttered, full of various pieces of equipment in various states of completion. Even with the space of the ship, Knichou couldn't stop his tinkering from invading his living space. At the very back of the room, there was an open door that revealed a tiny washroom. Knichou sat down on the now-undersized lower mattress of the bunk bed built into his quarters. There was a large box of assorted drinks creeping out from beneath the bed. He put the box of electronics he was carrying on a small shelf beside him, clearly intending to use it soon somehow, but setting it aside to give Nale his full attention.

Edited by BULiK

IC: Nale Vella - The Taku (Been a while)

Nale had given smiles and nods to each member of the crew she came across as the two Toa made their way to Knichou's quarters. It was certainly a different feeling from their time in Metru Nui, being aboard the ship with a busy crew milling about and doing their jobs, some taking care of injured Matoran from the village below. Once they were away from listening ears, Knichou sat before her on his bunk, while Nale was content to stand, arms crossed, with her spear in the crook of her elbow. It wasn't the first time the two had talked over personal matters like this, and it certainly wouldn't be the last. She trusted the captain, and allowed him to see a side of her she tried to hide from most people.

"You've already gathered something went down in the Archives." Nale looked shaken, like she was seeing whatever had happened all over again. The details were apparently so gruesome that she couldn't recount them--perhaps because she feared what Knichou might think of Arkius if she did. "It wasn't just that, though, it was...someone else showed up. One of the Dark Hunters, and...not everything that happened makes sense, he must have had some kind of vendetta against me I didn't even know about. But what matters is somehow I changed his mind, and then he died, right in front of me, trying to--I don't know--be a hero. And...earlier today, I saw a ghost that looked like him."

She shook her head and stared at the floor. "I know it sounds crazy, I know. I'm not sure what it was, but...sounds like you experienced something like it. What...happened while Arkius and I were in the Archives? What happened at the Coliseum?"

@BULiK

Edited by Tarn
  • Like 3

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Knichou, the Taku, Knichou's Quarters

Knichou silently processed this information, losing eye contact with Nale as he thought of what to say once she asked him for his story. So much had happened he barely had processed it all himself.

"We... we arrived up in Dume's office rather quickly. Others were already there, some who had given Dume their great disks and become Toa, and other matoran waiting for their chance. Stannis was there too, along with a warlord from another land entirely."

Knichou took a deep breath before continuing to recollect that night's events.

"T-Turaga Dume... he... he told us his plan, and everything made sense. Nuparu's device, the great disks, all of it. I knew the machine was for giving a being the powers of a disk, but I did not know that Dume needed the great disks so they could be combined to create a disk of time. Dume thought a Toa could use that power to travel back in time to the day when all the Barraki were together at the negotiating table at the start of the war, so that this Toa could unleash a nova blast and destroy the League's leadership before the war even began."

Knichou's hands were nervously rubbing each other.

"A dark hunter attempted to assassinate Dume, but he survived by the bravery of a matoran jumping in front of the rhotuka. Dume healed this matoran by transforming him into a Toa... but later died when he used all the energy he had left to make the rest of the Matoran in his office Toa."

Knichou looked Nale dead in the eyes.

"Dume's final act was making Toa out of me and the other Matoran."

His eyes darted away in shame, trying to blink away a tear.

"Toa Tuyet appeared in a mirror, conjuring a portal with some unknown power. T-there was a warehouse in Onu-Metru where she was keeping Nuparu's machine. After a brief battle with the same Dark Hunter from before, who was trying to destroy the device, I was able to undo Nuparu's sabotage so we could use the machine. Tuyet gained the power of time and... disappeared..."

Knichou's tone somehow got even more depressing.

"I... I didn't want Tuyet to use the device, to gain such power. I... I couldn't trust her, I wanted it to be me."

He poked his heartlight with a crimson finger before balling that hand up into a fist that he struck against his leg in anger.

"I... I couldn't let someone else go through with Dume's foolish plan of massively altering the past... I wanted to use the powers of time to look ahead to the future and find the best path forward. I... I wanted to... I wanted to die doing what was necessary if I had to."

Knichou grabbed a bottle from the box underneath the bed, an excuse to peel his eyes away from the concerned expression on Nale's face.

"T-Tuyet told me something that convinced me she had to be the one. She's - she's not from this ###### universe! She's from some parallel universe, where she interfered with the device when it was being used by Lhikan and somehow created these... paradox universes..."

The ex-Ghost's hands gestured wildly in the air at that last point, as if he could somehow express the inexplicable mysteries of the very fabric of reality with a glass bottle and a shivering palm.

"Things in our world are not how they were originally meant to be. Something... something is fundamentally different due to the manipulation with the timeline, and we all were unknowingly living in a universe waiting to die because of these errors from another dimension."

A shaking crimson hand made several struggled attempts at twisting off the cap of the bottle, eventually succeeding.

"Tuyet said she knew how to fix it. That - that was her plan. She was the only one who could do it. Soon after the earthquakes began, Tuyet stepped into the machine, gained the power over time... and vanished. I don't know what happened after that. But clearly she failed."

The Toa of iron took a swig from the drink, his foot nervously tapping the floor with a vigor only a Kakama could enable.

"I... I looked in the mirror during the flight here... and she was there! Just for an instant... but I swear I saw her in that reflect as vividly as I saw her on the day the universe died!"

Knichou forcefully pointed one hand at the washroom mirror, eyes locked on Nale. After a few seconds of silence, the shivering Toa offered the bottle to Nale. There wasn't much anyone could say to follow up that rant.

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 4

IC: Nale Vella - The Taku

Nale was by no means a drinker, but as the alcoholic Toa of Iron offered her his drink she was sorely tempted after hearing everything he'd just told her. She glanced to the washroom mirror a couple times.

"I..."

She backed to the wall and slid down to the floor.

"...what in the ######?"

@BULiK

• Like 1

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: ??? - Fau Swamp

As Skyra scouted ahead of the cargo hauler crew, flying above the swamp with her jetpack, she unexpectedly felt a presence brush against her mind. Something in the swamp below had become aware of her.

OOC: @Snelly

IC: Knichou, the Taku, Knichou's Quarters

The Toa of iron shrugged as Nale declined his offer.

"The alcohol doesn't make it make any less sense. Sometimes it makes it all make more sense."

He continued drinking.

• Like 1

IC: Yaushe -  Po-Koro

Yaushe, with some difficulty, kept herself from laughing. "I've never seen a red-faced Toa of Plantlife, myself. But thanks. Nice to meet you, too."

• Like 1

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

"That...that's a lot to take in. I can't imagine going through any of that..."

She thought over what had been told. She thought it over again. Then again, and again. It was hard to make sense of, most of it either too fantastic or too existential.

"...you...you wanted to get time powers...? And Dume...a-and Toa Tuyet...?" Nale rubbed her temples. "Knichou, I...I don't really know what to say. Are you alright?" Obviously not, but he was her friend. It was still worth asking to at least show she cared.

@BULiK

IC: Triage - Po-Koro

Triage blushed. "R-red? Is the paint on my cross coming off...?"

@Dane-gerous@ZippyWharrgarbl

• Like 1

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Knichou, the Taku, Knichou's quarters

The Toa of iron looked at Nale while he chugged the bottle, using his other hand to give Nale a fake, cheerful thumbs up that over the course of a few seconds transformed into a shaking 'maybe' gesture and finally to a thumbs down as his shoulders drooped in a defeated posture.

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 5

Nale got up and moved to sit beside Knichou on the too-small bunk, not entirely sure what to do. "I guess we both have been through a lot. I'm not sure what to think about any of what you just said, maybe it'll hit me later, but..." she paused and placed a hand on the Toa of Iron's shoulder, not sure where she was even going with this, just trying to figure out some way of comforting him. 

"...I think there's a reason you're still here, despite everything, and...I'm glad you are. Who else would I get free rides from...?"

She gave a weak smile following her attempt at a joke.

@BULiK

IC: Triage - Po-Koro

Triage waved goodbye, now in far better spirits than he was when he arrived at the village. He'd see her again, he'd make sure of it. The medic headed in the opposite direction, back towards the Taku, daydreaming about the mechanic as he boarded the airship again, pausing his thoughts to check on the Matoran in the cargo bay.

@Dane-gerous@ZippyWharrgarbl

Edited by Tarn
  • Like 1

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Iradra - Metru-Koro

Iradra had smiled warmly underneath her mask at Nale's emotional reaction. Regaining use of one's leg after so long was obviously an immensely joyous event, though her patient's uncertain frown puzzled her somewhat.

Her confusion was interrupted by Knichou addressing her patient, the two of them conversing on matters Iradra had little knowledge of. She was content to simply wait for the conversation to finish, but when it suddenly turned to shouting, Iradra silently excused herself from the conversation she had no part of and began to make her way back to the Taku, clambering onboard and sitting down to think.

So far she'd exercised her healing radiance throughout the village, mending the wounds of everyone she could find. She needed a break. She was feeling drained now in a way she'd never really experienced before. Was this what it was like to over-excert one's powers, she thought to herself.

When Triage walked inside, Iradra looked up, waving him over. "Triage, hello. How has it been going so far?"

@Tarn

Edited by Onaku

IC: Knichou, the Taku, Knichou's quarters

Knichou's lips eventually left the bottle as his lungs screamed for air. He continued to stare at the wall Nale sat against, even as she moved to sit down beside him. He closed his eyes and listened to her words as she put a comforting arm on his shoulder.

Knichou was tired. Tired of running. Tired of feeling the need to be in two places at once. Tired of seeing ghosts in the mirror. Especially the ghost of the man he saw in every mirror. Knichou was tired of the burden of his knowledge, and the responsibilities endowed by that curse.

The once-solitary inventor was beginning to learn to share that burden. After Nale said her joke, Knichou's body slowly began to slump over, his weak posture crumpling as the side of his torso began leaning against hers for support. The Toa of iron's head rested on the shoulder of the Toa of magnetism as they watched the empty wall of the cramped cabin in front of them. Knichou's adaptive armor shifted to be made of softer padding because remarkably, the amount of possible threats from the nearby environment that were detected by the armor's systems sharply declined. A notification popped up on Knichou's HUD that the threat analysis system was detecting abnormally low threat levels and required calibration. The Toa croaked out an equally weak response to Nale's joke, struggling to find his voice again.

"thats true... i hear that chute fares have had a sudden price surge"

• Like 2

IC: Yaushe - Van Time

Yaushe waited until Triage was no longer visible in her mirrors, and then said, "Don't take this the wrong way, but your new boyfriend's a dork, Mega."

@Dane-gerous

• Like 1

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

IC [Kunok McGrokk]:

“Knew I could count on you, laddie.” the trader said, watching Korio unflinchingly take care of the furs.

“Well then, Yumi, you better be off. Hard to leave such wonderful company as myself but it can’t be helped. Or did ya need anything else? More tea?”

OOC: @EmperorWhenua@Tarn@Dane-gerous

IC [Strange Tunnels]:

The odd group followed the tunnels, which fortunately remained consistently large enough to allow even the Exo-Toa easy passage - almost as if they’d been dug out or widened manually where necessary. In addition, Vent found that they could finally see the tunnel walls properly - somehow, it had gotten brighter.

The thumping drum beat got steadily louder as they approached, until eventually they noticed another sound. It was almost like listening to the ambient chatter in a crowded room, but when they listened more closely, they couldn’t make out any words - except for Zak-Yak. The words were in his native tongue, and many of them repeated, such as ‘sacrifice’ and ‘witness’.

OOC: @Snelly @Burnmad @Sparticus147

IC [Vahki Transport]:

NU-8020S’s temperature sensors went up as they disembarked the transport. Despite not in direct sunlight, there was plenty of heat trapped in these canyons. The group followed the trail of numerous footprints to the narrow end of the canyon, where it opened up into a larger, roughly circular area. The surrounding walls had a pattern of layers - there must have been water here at some point - and arched inward as they rose up, creating an overhang all around and making the opening above smaller than the area below. 

The source of the smoke turned out to be the remains of a dying fire next to a small, wrecked campsite. There was only one rather dirty bedroll that was left rumpled in the sand, but the leftover gear strewn about clearly showed there’d been more than one person here originally. But who exactly it was couldn’t be discerned yet, unless there were clues left behind among the remains. What was clear was that there’d been some sort of fight. The numerous footprints and dried stains in the sand told that much.

OOC: @Toru Nui @Edelgard @Jakura Nuva @xccj

• Like 1

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC Kathrine of the Flame - Po-Koro:
"Oh, wow, thanks!" She took the offered snack eagerly, and chewed on it happily.

"Mm, I shoul' proba'ly fin' tha' Arkiush 'uy again. 'e knows 'ose guys 'n the flying 'hing!" She swallowed.

Although I guess it wouldn't be such a bad thing, hangin' around here for a while, I gotta give that De-Toa his staff thingy when he gets back!"

She looked around, and then grimaced, "Ah, shoot, I forgot I don't know my way around! I don't suppose you know how to get back, do ya?"

@Onaku

IC: Zai - Zakaz, Outside McGrokk's

The porcupine glared at both Korio and McGrokk. Clearly there was some conspiracy to show her up, to make her look bad. 

"Scum." She muttered under her breath, but let Korio do the heavy lifting. It was what a thug like him was for, after all.

OOC: @Vezok's Friend @EmperorWhenua @Tarn

IC: Mega - Zakaz, Leaving Po-Koro

"Ain't my...yeah, he is. Cute as a button, though." Mega kept her eyes on the road, looking tired but a clear hope in her expression. The burnt orange sands stretched far away. It'd be a little while before they reached the scrapshop.

"We'll stop back at mine. Get ya some fuel and me some sleep and some food, then we'll head back out and find ya friends. Sound good, darlin'?" 

She found herself looked at the dials behind the steering wheel as if it were a face. 

OOC: @ZippyWharrgarbl

Edited by Dane-gerous

IC: Ulkarr (Po-Koro Outskirts)

"As I suspected." Ulkarr's attention turned from Arkius towards Uraborask. "Come out of the shadows. Your attempts at hiding irritate my senses."

@Sparticus147@Onaku@Harvali

IC: NU-8020S (Wrecked Campsite)

"Visual analysis suggests violent assault occurred here." NU-8020S began to sift through the abandoned items strewn about the site, initiating forensics protocols.

@Vezok's Friend@Edelgard@Jakura Nuva@xccj

IC: Tekmo and Waveahk (Fau Swamp Outskirts, Cargo Hauler)

Waveahk stared disapprovingly at Skyra's form fading into the distance. "And of course, she leaves without permission." He then turned to Rose. "I'd like you to prepare to evacuate all essentials items from the hold should something go horribly wrong. Irna and I will take point if we came across any large bodies of water. Keitara, your powers might be able to help with seeing where we're going. Skorm, if you could scout ahead on your vehicle anyway, just in case, that would be great. And Tekmo... don't touch anything."

"Ah. A most important task."

"Yes."

@Tarn@Conway@TL01 NUVA@Keeper of Kraata

IC: Enra (Dead Forest)

"We're not robbers. Or highwaymen. Or muggers. Or thieves, or whatever. We're, uh..." Enra turned to Xane. "What's a more polite term for 'homeless'?"

@Onaku@Nato the Traveler

• Like 1

IC: Xane - Dead Forest

"I'd consider myself an explorer," Xane offered. He lowered his rifle, but didn't put it away. 

@Onaku @Toru Nui

• Like 1

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Yaushe -  Leaving Po-Koro

"Sounds... good." Filling up her fuel tank, for some reason, always gave her a nasty taste in her... spiritual equivalent of a mouth. At least she could still sleep. Sort of. If she wanted. "I gotta wonder where my friends got to. Hope they're not in too much trouble."

IC: Rangi - Dead Forest

"You mean, like, a drifter?" Rangi said, addressing Enra, having now turned back to the skakdi duo, patting his hound's back. "I'm something of a drifter too."

@Nato the Traveler

IC: Varah - Po-Koro

Varah nodded and gestured for the Toa of Fire to follow her as she walked off.

@The UltimoScorp

IC: Arkius - Po-Koro outskirts

Arkius was jolted from his glare by the matoran shouting about the skakdi-xa, drawing his axe while his eye followed Ulkar's sight, where indeed he could see another Skakdi. One hiding in the shadows, it seemed, which struck Arkius as a bit odd. Perhaps this one wasn't part of the crew that had attacked Po-Koro earlier, or perhaps he was simply even more of a coward than they were, though Ulkarr mentioning attempts, multiple, indicated a modicum of familiarity. "Ulkarr, who is that?"

@Toru Nui @Harvali @Sparticus147

• Like 1

IC: Mega - Zakaz, The Wastes

"Sure they're just fine, darlin'. If they were on one of those fancy transports, most Skakdi ain't gonna want to touch 'em. Where were ya'll headed, anyways?" 

Back at the dials, again. The van was at a nice speed, now, as there was little in the way of their ride but the outstretching sands.

OOC: @ZippyWharrgarbl

IC: Yaushe - The Wastes

"I don't know. The person in charge was talking about some criminal, uh. Takadox? They were looking for him, my friends and I were tagging along."

She paused. "At least I got to meet you, after falling off the transport. You're a good friend."

IC: Uraborask (Po-Koro Outskirts)

Seeing little point in hiding, the only hope for Uraborask has in this not starting a fight would be an intimidation display. Stepping away from the wall, Uraborask stands to his full height, puffing out his already massive chest to add to his size. Lumbering closer to the pair of Arkius and Ulkarr, Uraborask spares a glance at the de-matoran who called him out thinking, "Weak little thing, calling to its alpha's to defend it from predators. Lucky for it, I have no need of it; yet." 

"I am Uraborask, Uraborask the hunter, and you are not my quarry today toa, so be wary to not become it." Uraborask growled at Arkius before giving his attention to Ulkarr, making sure to keep distance from the toa and the village in the event he would have to retreat. "Aspect!" he almost shouted, trying to gain his full attention "I seek to know of your intentions so that I may ensure that I do not intervene with them, and at best, to be granted the blessing this one so carelessly disregard." punctuating the last part by pointing his long arm and massive claw towards Arkius. "This is a precarious situation here. Skirting the edge of a herd may not immediately illicit an aggressive response, but after the attack that seems to happen not too long ago, they are sure not to tolerate me for long. As long as I can get what I want, I should have no reason to linger longer then I need to."

OOC: @Harvali @Onaku @Toru Nui

IC: Zak-Yak (Mesi Tunnels)

3 hours ago, Vezok's Friend said:

The thumping drum beat got steadily louder as they approached, until eventually they noticed another sound. It was almost like listening to the ambient chatter in a crowded room, but when they listened more closely, they couldn’t make out any words - except for Zak-Yak. The words were in his native tongue, and many of them repeated, such as ‘sacrifice’ and ‘witness’.

Although it starts as nothing louder than a murmur, Zak-Yak's sounds of distress can be heard by Varian as Zak-Yak addresses him, "Oh no, oh no, oh no! Master, we must go. Members of my kind, more mesi, they are ahead and they are doing rituals and it not safe for Zak-Yak and followers." Zak-Yak ending his nervous rant gesturing to Vent and Providence and unsuccessfully attempting to halt Varian's progress by pulling on his leg.

OOC: @Snelly @Burnmad @Dane-gerous @Vezok's Friend

Edited by Sparticus147
  • Like 4

IC: Vent - Zakaz, The Tunnels

Vent's eyes widened as the strange Skakdi explained their situation. Rufus turned his head curiously.

"Rituals? What do you mean? Like...dancing? Is that what they're doing?" Vent, despite feinting naivete, knew that there was something very sinister happening. They almost felt fear. Almost.

OOC: @Sparticus147 @Vezok's Friend @Burnmad @Snelly

IC: Yaushe - The Wastes

"Yeah." Yaushe considered the sky again. She wasn't really sure why. Felt like an old habit, but without any rhyme or reason to it. Odd. "Are you sure it's all right, me staying with you for a bit? I can make it up to you by driving you around, like today. Or. I guess. Today with less of the raiding part."

IC: Mega - Zakaz, The Wastes

"Look, you stay as long as you need." She insisted. "Wouldn't be right to leave you in the dust, not round these parts."

A beat.

"...Hey, you mind if we stop here for a minute? Need a quick cig break. Won't be long, I promise." Mega looked down at the dials, almost apologetically. She hadn't really ever realised how much time the habit took up until she'd been with company. Yaushe and Triage hadn't said anything but the looks they had did tell her that perhaps it was something she should keep track of.

OOC: @ZippyWharrgarbl

IC: Ulkarr (Po-Koro Outskirts)

"Perhaps we should have this conversation away from this settlement. These people have suffered a recent attack from Skakdi raiders. Your presence may... upset them."

@Sparticus147@Onaku@Harvali

IC: Enra (Dead Forest)

"Well, uh, we were heading to the ancient temple surrounded by lava. Wanna join?"

@Onaku@Nato the Traveler