Six Kingdoms: Rebirth - Gameplay

Unreliable Narrator

4 hours ago, Harvali said:

IC Po-Koro - Fear and Regret

Finally she croaked out, “are you … with the League? The Order? The Skakdi?” 

IC: Whisper - Po-Koro

"We are allegiant only to ourselves," Whisper replied, "I have no stake in this conflict." 

2 hours ago, Toru Nui said:

IC: Enra (Dead Forest)

"I'm Enra, he's Xane. We're trying to solve the mysteries of the universe, or something."

IC: Xane - Dead Forest

"That makes it sound rather grandiose, but you're technically right." 

• Like 1

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Yaushe - The Wastes

"What's your problem?" Yaushe whispered to Mega from the air cons. The Skakdi was physically imposing, sure, but Yaushe had found one of the bonuses of inhabiting a van was the fact that it was harder to be physically imposing to a van.

• Like 1

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

IC: Mega - Zakaz, The Wastes

"Not takin' any risks." Mega hissed back. The Skakdi's slow and peaceful composure caused her to lower the rifle slightly, though. The lack of frills and prominence of spines was strange. All Skakdi she'd encountered had frills. "I'm calm, darlin'. Now, tell me what you're doin' around here. Ain't nobody here except us." 

OOC: @ZippyWharrgarbl @A-tak-nid

T-Toa Stannis,” [Kanohi] squeaked out, “I … please, I … I think your mask can teleport people? You need to … please send me to Po-Koro. I need to warn them of the time limit, and this announcement. Th-the village just suffered some sort of emergency, they would not be ready for war. They need to prepare, maybe reach out to the league. It … it wouldn’t work but I have to try. If I walk it … it will be too slow. And … and I think I saw the Taku traveling there to help the emergency. Knichou may be there, and may be able to hurry back here to help. I … I am sorry I just … I think I can m-manage warning them.”

He trembled as he continued to pace, “T-Toa Stannis, before I go, do … do you know anything about this? Is … is the League lady telling the truth? Is she a T-Toa? Did she try to make peace? D-did Metru-Koro’s Turaga antagonize her?

IC Stannis | Metru Koro

There he was again, Stannis reflected, the frightened Kanohi he saw when they first met on the airship platform in Onu-Metru. Seeing Kanohi shiver and shake with such vigor out of pure anxiety and fear was a familiar sight, however the Wanderer could also tell the evolutions that he had also undergone since they last interacted. Whereas the matoran used to allow the feelings of fright and horror overtake his senses and completely isolate him from the outside world, he now took those same feelings, albeit still as powerful as ever, and used them as a catalyst for action to do good. The traumas of before still plagued him with feelings of insecurity and uselessness and every catastrophe likely only reminded him of the dozens more than happened before, each compounding on the other, but now Kanohi had learned not to succumb to those emotions but grow from them instead. Even now, Kanohi's urge was to help other people and enact meaningful change against all odds to the contrary. Stannis could not help but be proud of the matoran's emotional progress; this was what heroes looked like, he reflected. He reached out to try and comfort Kanohi all the same, however, and reassuringly placed his hand on the matoran's shoulder as he calmed down. 

He realized he was smiling under his mask when his face twisted to one of frustration and disappointment and the smile evaporated. His cheeks, which a second earlier stretched with a gladdened smile so far they almost ached, were now tired and sad. He looked to the sky and the rapidly fading airship Zaliyah was departing on. "Her name is Zaliyah, a Toa Hordika in service to the League, and she shared her perspective on events that truly happened. She came to negotiate a truce with our people and spoke with Sans, who rejected her and the opportunity to have parlay at all. The turaga chose to insult her and the League instead, threatening them with bluster that could only be interpreted as fearful and provoking. I attempted to remove the obfuscations and deal with only the truth of the matters, but I, too, was rebuffed Sans. But the lieutenant is not without honor—and if she were, we would not have received the speech we heard."

He considered how best to facilitate Kanohi's request to return to Po-Koro. Yes, he could transport Kanohi back easy enough, however what good would that do as an action by itself? Stannis' usefulness in steering events in Metru Koro were for naught, at least for the moment, but he wondered if perhaps he could inspire some better actions in the farflung village and save some life in the process. Zaliyah would hold to her two-day limit, of that he was sure, and Stannis resolved to return to Metru Koro by the end of the day to shore up defenses. The opportunity to see Knichou and the others from the Taku was also a benefit of traveling to Po-Koro, as he needed to try and assemble allies and strategize as much as possible. 

"I can do all things with Mata Nui's blessing," he said. "If returning to Po-Koro is what your Duty calls for you to do I can teleport you there but I will be going with you. Unity is a virtue we must leverage as much as the others if we are to have any chance at surviving. Is anyone else coming as well?" he asked of the others present. 

@Harvali @Biological Chronicler @Toru Nui

• Like 3

IC: Datrox Karvan - Navu's Hut

The announcement confirmed what I had worried: this village would no longer be safe. I would have to make good on my promise to Navu far sooner than I expected. Why couldn't things just...go another way?

Falh stirred suddenly, catching me off-guard. I stood up and stepped away from the bed. He didn't seem particularly happy (could he hear the announcement through his slumber?), and I could see his element working like he was prepared to attack someone. "You're awake, good..."

"Mask." He said, simply, voice as clear as ever between the repeated breaths.

"Oh, right." I handed the Ko-Toa his Kanohi quickly, not wanting him to fall out of consciousness again. "Still craving, or did the nap help?"

@Dane-gerous

IC: Nail Valleya - The Taku

Nale lowered her voice to a whisper, as she laid out her idea to Knichou. "I want something I can protect myself with, and maybe protect others, but also...when the situation calls for it, be offensive. You think you can do that for me?"

@BULiK

IC: Triage - The Taku

"Ah, well...I haven't really thought about it in a while, I've used it enough it feels natural. It's almost like...reversing the damage. But I have to know what the damage is, right? Someone can't just say 'heal me,' it has to be a wound I understand, one I've seen before or treated without the need for a mask, right? I don't get medical knowledge from it."

He sighed. "That was probably longer than you were expecting. I guess it's a bit hard to explain, but..."

@Onaku

IC: Rose - Outside Fau Swamps (GIANT ENEMY CRAB)

"Get in the truck? Do you see the size of that thing?! I wanna fight it!"

For the first time in a while, Rose made use of her flamethrower, using it to focus fireballs toward the oversized crab dinner lumbering towards them.

@Snelly@Toru Nui@Conway

IC: Jutori - Ruined Fort/Campsite

"Atamai can use his element to reinforce anything," Jutori replied to Collector, "but if you need some heavy lifting, I've got my element." The Ba-Toa turned to Kilo, and his expression darkened at the mention of the undead and the new Silver Sea they inhabited. "Right, those things. Even with all this backup...should probably heed Kilo's warning, just avoid them."

@~Xemnas~@pokemonlover360@Harvali

• Like 1

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Skyra Daring - Outside Fau Swamp -

Hmm? Why do I feel like I'm being stalked by my own father? The presence that had brushed against her mind caused Skyra to stop in mid air and start looking around...just in time for a giant ####ing crab to emerge below. "Holy #### it's a giant ####ing crab!" 

Well there was only one thing to do really. Skyra spun around and made a beeline for the monstrous crab, flying towards it as she aimed her cordak blaster and unloaded all the rockets at it. 

@Toru Nui @Tarn @TL01 NUVA @Conway @Keeper of Kraata

IC: Vashni - Ruined Fort -

"Ah right, the sea..." Vashni glanced out towards the waters, the sea should have been a pleasant sight, but thinking about the undead that lurked beneath well...kind of ruined the mood there. 

@pokemonlover360 @Tarn @Onaku @~Xemnas~ @Harvali

IC: Varian - Strange Tunnel -

Even as Zak-Yak attempted to pull his leg, he simply dragged the Skakdi with him, not even slowing a little. "Have no fear, we will show them we come in peace, and should they attempt to harm us, we will persuade them to become more peaceful." 

@Dane-gerous @Burnmad @Vezok's Friend @Sparticus147

IC: Taliesin - Fau Swamps, Small Cave - 

From his cave, the druid saw the massive crab emerge from the swamps, it was hard to miss something that massive. Taliesin stood up, looking quite alarmed. "What manner of imbeciles awoken him!?" He started to move towards the scene as quickly as he could. 

• Like 1

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: Keitara (Fau's Crab Shock)

karzkarzkarzkarzkarzkarz!

Kei felt her heart sink to her protosteel-shod boots. Not Irna, please not Irna...

In a way, the giant crab didn't surprise her. She'd known the swamp would try to kill them. This was only proving her point.

Not to say that she wasn't still absolutely terrified. But at that moment her greatest fear was anything happening to her new friend.

She didn't give herself time to think. Keitara launched herself forward, dashing past the zyglak warrior and slamming the bladed top of her shield down into the mire. Not again. The words echoed through her mind. Not again, not again, not today you karzing swamp.

She looked up at the massive crustacean. She guessed her shield was aimed close enough to its eyes. A blue glow, like St. Elmo's Fire, flowed across her shield, aggregating on the face of its rhotuka launcher. She felt like a live bomb, ready to explode with panic, fear, and uncertainty.

But she just hapoened to also be the one with her finger on the trigger.

"COVER YOUR EYES!" she screamed at the top of her lungs, "SKORM, COVER THE OTHERS!" An electric blue disk fired from her shield...

...and an instant later exploded like a miniature sun.

Keitara felt like she'd been hit by the cargo hauler as she was slammed backwards by the force of the detonation.She'd messed it up. How had she messed it up? The rhotuka had barely left her shield before it exploded. But that didn't make sense, she'd used it before, hadn't she?

The bedded tines of her shield kept her from being blown away by the sunburst. Instead, the shield folded backward, slamming down on the Av-toa and driving her six inches into the muck.

Orange sparks danced across her blinded optics. Her back felt as though she'd been thrown on a bed of heated knives. Her arm hurt, as though it had been twisted. She might have been screaming, but her hearing was so badly shot she couldn't tell.

"I'm sorry," she tried to say, or at least thought she tried to say as she lay nerveless on the ground. "I'm so sorry, I was... only wanted... keep you... friends... sa...f...."

(OOC: Keitara has detonated a sunburst directly in front of her shield, with the intent of blinding the giant crab and buying all of her companions time to escape. She tried run to the front of the group, or at least in front of Irna, so in theory nobody but Mr. Krabbs should have been in the blast radius. @Unreliable Narrator@Conway@Tarn@Keeper of Kraata, depending on your reaction speed you would have had time to close your eyes. Kei is currently dazed, momentarily blacked out, and pinned beneath her protosteel shield. As Atem would say, it's your move.)

• Like 3

Whatever mountain you are climbing, you can do this.

BZPRPG character masterpost

20220406_234727.jpg

"Just promise me something... don't let me go."

IC Kanohi - Metru-Koro

Kanohi nodded, his heartlight still beating at an elevated rate, but now he was actively trying to calm down, using every strategy he knew. He was less frantic now just trying to think things through. He wasn’t calm, but he was thinking things through. 

Finally he managed, “I … Toa Stannis … I … a lot has happened. I know Toa can … that they aren’t perfect, and that of course doesn’t make them lesser. But for a Toa to join the league, but she still has some honor, and wants peace, while a Turaga who opposes the league dismiss not only your concerns but a chance for peace, or at least a break in the fighting, and to doom the Matoran to more death…

How much did Kanohi actually know about the war? He knew what Turaga Dume and the news of Metru-Nui reported, and he had seen the league butcher Okoto and Metru-Nui but his view of the war, was he missing parts of the story?

If you can tell me her perspectives, maybe that could help me understand. If a Toa could work for the League but be more reasonable than a Turaga, I think there is a lot about this war I do not understand. But right now … that can wait.”

You are right, we need to rely on our unity. If you can afford to come to Po-Koro, it would be a big help. And Toa Nale should be there. I can also help mend the huts if they are damaged. But I think one of us might need to stay behind to get Voka help, she was a Matoran who was run over by a Skakdi, we left Po-Koro to help her.

”And whoever stays,” Kanohi had a thought, “would need to tell the Turaga about the Matoran who used to live here. Turaga Klawne is one of the survivors of those people, the Skakdi-Xa wiped them out. Maybe hearing of another genocide would help the Turaga of Metru-Koro realize just how … how devastating a new war would be.

He swallowed, “how could a Turaga risk renewing the war? I … I probably just don’t understand, I don’t have his wisdom or yours. And after all that’s happened, I don’t want to be friendly with the league either. But … shouldn’t we prioritize the living? Millions died in the Impact, there aren’t many left. If we fight, Matoran will die. It’s … sorry, I should focus on what I can change. Po-Koro must be warned, and it’s wounds mended.

Kanohi flexed his Kiril Staff, unfolding it back into its staff form. It had a slight resemblance to a Turaga’s Badge of Office, albeit a simplistic one. “Oh, um, a Ta-Matoran made this for me,” he admitted nervously, “Vakama. He is probably helping Po-Koro recover from whatever emergency they faced. It’s not as powerful as a Noble Kiril but it still can regenerate if we need to do repairs.”

OOC: @Biological Chronicler @EmperorWhenua @Toru Nui

• Like 3

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

IC: Vent - Zakaz, The Tunnels

"Yeah! See, nothing to worry about! And hey, if they get rowdy, we can always get out of dodge, right? Well, me and Provvie can!" A confident grin that was bolstered by Varian's own confidence.

OOC: @Snelly @Burnmad @Vezok's Friend @Sparticus147

IC: Falh - Zakaz, Navu's Place

He took the Felnas, slipping it onto his face and sighing as some of his energy rejuvenated almost instantly. He was still sweating, but the pain was being numbed by the sheer anger he felt at that moment. With the Felnas, Datrox would note he definitely looked more complete. Perhaps this was true of all Toa, but Toa Falh was even more notable in this. 

"I crave." He said, simply, staring at his ally for a moment. "...but not for what I asked for. Not this moment."

The frost didn't dissipate from his hand. "You...saved me from myself, brother."

And then, he offered his frost covered hand to the other Toa. 

OOC: @Tarn

Edited by Dane-gerous
  • Like 1

IC: Kachow, the Taku, Knichou's Quarters

Knichou's mind raced at the options. Something to defend oneself, but also come to the defense of others, and with the potential for offense...

This would be an interesting test of his weapon design skills. Knichou still had some of his precious Nynrah nanite supply left, sitting underneath the bed in the same suitcase that it was in when he used it to upgrade Kanohi's equipment. If there was ever a use for it, this would be it. Perhaps if these refugee settlements grew, Knichou could make more. Knichou might not even have to set up that himself, since the secret to his life's work was now in Atamai's hands as well. He wondered if the archivist had already looked into the depths of the memory crystal to see Knichou's last words. The Fe-Toa's spine shivered at that macabre thought.

The inebriated Knichou stayed still, continuing to rest against Nale, still tired after the emotional exhaustion of telling Nale his story. He was happy to stretch out this moment of tranquility for as long as he could make it last. He whispered back with a rare, genuine smile, "Challenge accepted."

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 1

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

I simply stared at his hand for a moment.

"Falh, your hand..." I said, eyes traveling up his arm, to his own optics, "...you seem eager for something."

@Dane-gerous

IC: Nale Vella - The Taku

Nale had no intention of moving yet either, the moment of peacefulness welcome after...everything. They'd have to get moving eventually, though, a montage of creating and testing ahead.

"Thank you," she whispered back.

@BULiK

Edited by Tarn
  • Like 1

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

2 hours ago, EmperorWhenua said:

IC Hiripaki | Archives

"Hello! :howdy:" the voice called out to Oreius from the small speaker by the vault door console. "And who might you be? You are also clearly not Toa Stannis of the Maru. :alert:"

@Eyru

IC: Oreius | The Archives, Onu-Metru

The door was impervious. Impatient, Oreius decided to leave this mystery unsolved. He turned, about to make his way further down the tunnel, when a tinny voice rang out from a speaker near the door. If he wasn't mistaken, it was one of the voices he had heard earlier.

"Toa Stannis of the Maru...?"

Oreius had not heard that name in a long time. And the last place he expected to encounter it was in the bowels of the Archives, mere days after the world had come to an end. The name was familiar, carrying the weight of memories he would rather forget—memories he had done an admirable job of repressing for years, but had not truly forgotten. He could never forget that name, he realized. As hard as he tried, Stannis and the Maru were ghosts he could not evade.

"No," he said at last. "I'm not. I am Oreius. Once of the Maru, now of Metru Nui."

OOC: @EmperorWhenua @Onaku

He stared back, before chuckling, hand still outstretched.

"I'm eager to bathe in those two diplomats blood, and to skewer Pridak for all of his pathetic, scum followers to see. That is what I crave, Datrox. Now, help me up." He spoke with a smile, though he was clearly enraged. Each word was backed by a thumping in his head, only momentarily lessened.

• Like 1

"What I understand is that you're like me. You're like how I was--a loose cannon ready to go off whenever, even if it meant things you regret later. You're about to do something you shouldn't, Falh."

My hand was inching, slowly, towards my knife. The other was rising as if to keep the Toa of Ice at bay. I knew if I said the wrong thing, he'd simply see me as another enemy. Another soldier to slaughter. The League had issued an ultimatum, and what mattered was answering it. Not going on a fool's crusade and getting blasted into scrap.

I could feel the tension rising. He looked hurt. I knew that look well.

"Sit. Down. We will work this out."

@Dane-gerous

• Like 2

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Providence - Mesi Tunnels

Providence stopped for a moment, staring up at Varian, before bursting out with practiced laughter. "Hahaha! I'm inspired by your confidence, Varian. Let us continue, then."

He resumed walking, at an increased pace, in the direction of the drums and chattering.

OOC: @Dane-gerous @Snelly @Sparticus147 @Vezok's Friend

"Regret." Falh spat, laughing without any mirth whatsoever. "No, I thought you were like me. The way you look, the way you acted. But you talk of regret, and hold me back like I'm some Kavinika on a leash."

He stood himself up, a blade of ice forming in his frosted hand. "You betrayed me. You save me, and then betray me. No, Datrox. I think you're the one who needs to sleep." 

Falh felt the cold ice in his hand, red eyes meeting Datrox's orange. 

Edited by Dane-gerous
  • Like 1

IC Collector - Metru-Koro

Collector nodded vaguely, yes, of course it would be easy for the Toa, just summon rock and build pillars to support the fort, create walls and spikes. And a Toa of Gravity could manipulate the world around them with ease. All that power, even without using their masks. Then a thought hit their heads and they swerved towards the two Toa. “While you reinforce this fort, would you mind if I watched?

OOC: @pokemonlover360 @~Xemnas~ @Onaku @Snelly @Tarn

IC Po-Koro

You … you can speak?” The Ce-Matoran swallowed, looking at what she thought was a Rahi. It … from the bruisers of Stelt to the Vortixx to the Matoran, the breeds of the universe tended to have vaguely the same layout for their bodies. But this woman was … like no one she had ever seen. The strange fluctuating shape, the black body that seemed to reflect unnatural, was the Matoran’s natural mental shielding the only thing keeping her from giving in to horrid fear?

She … she still had a duty as a guard, so she held the staff of confusion tight and asked, “W-why are you here?And then she mumbled, w-we have nothing to steal.

OOC: @ultimoscorp @Nato the Traveler

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

IC Hiripaki | Archives

"Thank you, Toa Oreius, Once of the Maru, now of Metru Nui! Please hold. :phone:"

And then, in the decompression chamber, the voice spoke to Okuo. "The toa without claims to be Toa Oreius, Once of the Maru, now of Metru Nui. So, is this one of your companions? If not, I can protecc! ^_^"

@Eyru @Onaku

IC: Datrox Karvan - Navu's Hut ("What's one more body amongst the foundations?")

"You don't know anything about betrayal," I shot back. Bold words, I thought, considering my own history. But I'd come to terms with it, I understood now. I was the betrayer all along. And it had been far too late for me to undo that. The world didn't need another Datrox Karvan, I was making sure of it. This was an apology. A real one.

I drew the obsidian blade. Did I want to fight Falh?  No, I had hoped it wouldn't come to it. But this was for his own good. 

The razor whale crashed against the waves again.

"If you wish to fight, maybe you should step out of an innocent Matoran's hut, first. Unless you've entirely lost your honor." I could feel my heartlight beat faster. The adrenaline kicked in, and I could feel a confidence wash over me I had not felt in so very long. "I am a wall, Falh."

"Try and knock me down."

@Dane-gerous

• Like 2

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Whisper - Po-Koro

"Oh, no, no, no little one, we're not here to take," Whisper crooned, her twining toungues tangling the words together, "We're here to give." 

OOC: @Harvali

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Knichou, the Taku, Knichou's quarters

The duo continued to rest, each processing the stories of the other, minds and bodies weary from the day's events. Knichou wanted to ask more about what happened in the archives, but he worried of upsetting Nale. He had entrusted her with his depressing story, and due to her kindness and acceptance, the weight of those revelations was shared, and Knichou's individual burden was lessened.

Knichou wondered; could he... reciprocate?

Would Nale be willing to plunge her mind into the depths and reveal those dark memories in the hopes of it making her feel the peace Knichou was beginning to feel?

The ex-Ghost began to whisper.

"D-don't feel the need to answer if it's too much to speak about... but... what else happened in the archives?"

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 3

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

Nale thought for a moment. She'd have to say something eventually. She didn't want to, she wished she could stick the memories in a compartment somewhere, lock them away...she'd been complicit, despite being frightened by the affair, and held onto her feelings for Arkius. Nale looked at her hand, and it was shaking.

"It was supposed to be a simple operation," she began, "get into the Archives, stop the Barraki from...from tearing them apart. One of the warlords was in there, if we took him out, we could scatter his troops...we were just trying to save what we had..."

Nale shook her head. Were they even in the right? "I had a mantra: injure, not kill. I followed through, even Kilo--that Kralhi--it was there and had its own methods at first...Arkius didn't care."

"He slaughtered them. Tore through each soldier he saw. The Archives were already in danger of collapsing long before the rest of the universe followed, because Arkius had used his element haphazardly, in anger...I know the Archives meant something more to him, but...I'd never seen him like it. The look in his eye."

"The bodies kept piling up, and then we reached the warlord. Arkius fought him, and I...got too eager. Almost ruined everything. Kilo saved us. Even after everything, I still loved Arkius, right? Thought he was different. We barely made it out, and I thought...the world would take us with it when it ended. That I could just have one moment of happiness, and then..."

She paused. A long moment of silence. Just her, Knichou leaning on her, and the quiet of the quarters.

"It should have. It should have."

@BULiK

Edited by Tarn
  • Like 3

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Zak-Yak (Mesi Tunnels)

Fear, that is something Zak-Yak has learned well for most of his life, whether it was fear of your fellows, fear of your masters, fear of the tunnels, or even fear of the things below. But for once in Zak-Yak's life, he didn't feel fear, in fact, he felt for the first time in his life confidence. Granted that confidence was heavily boosted by his master and his followers, but it was confidence nonetheless. 

"Yeah, we show muaka dung heads what real great being look like, all hail master aspect!" And with that, Zak-Yak was off, behind everyone else, but for once not hiding behind everyone else.

OOC: @Burnmad @Snelly @Dane-gerous

IC: Uraborask (Wilderness)

Not bothering to stalk across the Zakazian landscape and making great bound and strides with his large size, Uraborask was quickly able to return to the spot where he killed the muaka alpha. 

Examining the corpse, he could tell that in the short few hours he had left it, decay had already set in. In addition, he could tell with his sight of deduction that that chunks were bitten off by the muaka's former pack. "In death, in illness, in injury, an alpha is nothing more than food for the pack. So is the way of survival of the fittest." But even given all that has the corpse has been through, it could still make for a decent trophy, and a proof of success.

Now all he had to do was lug the thing all the way back to the Rig and find that skakdi trader who hired him to kill it.

OOC: Open for interaction

• Like 1

"If I turn my back and head outside, will you take the opportunity to stab it?" I shook my head. "Nevermind, this will all be done with, soon."

I exited the hut, sword in hand. The already upset villagers took notice of what was about to occur. Did they think we were arming ourselves for war with the League? We were set to disappoint them. If I could have, I would have urged the Ko-Toa to relocate the imminent duel, but it was too late.

Far, far too late for anything, now.

@Dane-gerous

• Like 1

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC Leklo | Ice Suva

The plasma toa had one of his swords out already and held it in a horizontal guard ahead of him, welding it as much a torch as a shield. Unlike his prodigious friend, Leklo's use of elemental powers had remained a nebulous concept for him, and Sans' mentoring had done little to unlock the powers that still longed to be explored, but he had been able to master his channeling ability using his toa tools. As a result, the whole blade seemed to glow with a neon brilliance, and it had become something of a small parlor trick of his to change its colors at will as he manifested different sorts of plasma onto the weapon. This shortcoming of skills, however, was never once questioned or made the subject of ridicule—the former Alpinist's derring do, sense of duty, and uncanny elegance with his weapons more than made up for it.

Back as Matoran on Metru Nui it was typical for alpinists to scout ahead and have the cartographer's chart the paths they took, and in more senses than one they continued this trend on Zakaz. Still possessing the same thrill-seeking spirit he had as a Ko-Matoran, Leklo took point ahead of Korruhn. His friend was the tank in the duo, able to take as much as he dished, but unlike Leklo could also fight from a distance; as a result Leklo simply took it upon himself to go in front knowing full well that he would be the first one to encounter resistance should they find it. Historically, he was also able to dispatch whatever he found as well and left Korruhn to do "the cleaning up after," a friendly rivalry joke that they would both laugh at in their cold fashions after the fact.

And so they entered the domain of the Suva, feeling the comforting tickle of chill as they approached the small tower that served as the temple of the suva itself. Leklo's observant eyes scanned the area around them as much as focused on the redoubt itself. Korruhn suggested caution and danger, of course, and Leklo was all too eager to oblige, having witnessed far too many unlikely scenarios already. He had no doubt they'd be greeted by something at the temple, but he also wondered what were the chances they would find someone they had previously encountered? What were the chances that—

Leklo froze, suddenly gone still and causing Korruhn to hastily stop behind him, almost bumping into the plasma toa's rigid form but quickly grasping what . Leklo saw movement, something ethereal stirring in the confines of the tower, another ghost of some lost soul who met a grisly end at the hand of another... but this was unlike most other ghosts he'd encountered because he recognized this one. "Dume's ghost," he whispered. What were the chances, indeed. 

They stepped into the temple.

@Nato the Traveler @Crimson Jester

IC: Knichou, the Taku, Knichou's Quarters

The code. Everyone knew the sacred law upheld by the most respected of Toa. What was said to separate toa from Toa. Over his life, Knichou's opinions on that rule had shifted. As a matoran, Knichou was glad that Toa were lawful protectors of the innocent, striving for a higher moral standard. As a weapons designer, the Toa code was a strange rejection of his craft, yet a great test of an expert designer if such a Ghost was commissioned to craft a Toa tool. As a survivor, Knichou understood disillusionment with the standards of the code, even experiencing it himself as noncombatant, when he silently wished for the deaths of those who murdered his friends. As a Toa, Knichou gained a new perspective of its importance.

Knichou wondered if he would choose take a life when presented with that power over another being. How did that power compare to his wish of controlling time? They were similar in a way, both a selfish desire to exercise power over the lives of others. A rejection of the rules of the collective, valuing one Toa's personal choice as an ultimatum. Had Knichou rejected his lust for power, or were his actions in the warehouse out of cowardice, letting Tuyet sacrifice herself for naught?

Nale's description of Arkius's slaughter was harrowing. Was this the reality of war that Knichou had consistently ran away from? No honor, no glory, only suffering. Was this always the way a war would end?

Knichou had seen Arkius's determination. That incredible level of commitment and self-sacrifice had saved Knichou during their first encounter, when the Toa had broken his body to keep the engineer safe. If anything, Arkius's determination reminded Knichou of the dark hunter Arkius battled. When the Dark Hunter rose from the dead and fled for the coliseum, Arkius recklessly rushed forward, almost costing the Toa of earth his life. That was the same reckless, determined vendetta that lead to the Dark Hunter's death in the first place.

Arkius's anger may have let him pull of incredible feats, but always at a cost. It cost Arkius his body. It cost him his kanohi. In the archives, Arkius's rage cost him his innocence.

It was strange for Knichou to think of the man he had exchanged kind words with earlier in the day, now known as the perpetrator of a slaughter on a lawless battlefield. At the same time, Knichou felt guilt, for was that not exactly what the ex-Ghost had designed his tools for? Was Arkius not exact the very same revenge Knichou secretly wished for to avenge his comrades?

It was difficult to hear and process. Nale had a point that it would have been simpler to have not survived, to have one's life cut to an end quick enough to not have to see the accursed aftermath the world was now living in.

"It should have... It should have," Knichou agreed in a calming whisper. The Fe-Toa carefully wrapped his arm around Nale, grabbing her opposite shoulder to comfort her and pull her closer. His posture straightened. Knichou was no longer leaning on Nale.

They were supporting each other.

"...Thank you..."

Edited by BULiK
  • Like 3

For a moment, Nale felt safe. She'd confessed what she saw, the two had been able to share in the horrors they'd experienced, and had new understanding. But something nagged at her, in the back of her mind, a feeling of guilt began to rise up and she pulled away from the Toa of Iron--gently, without force. Nale stood up, finding herself directly across from the washroom mirror. Her Kakama was reflected back. She didn't think it was the same person. 

If that ghost-Skakdi were around, he'd have a field day with this.

She turned to face Knichou, rubbing the back of her neck. "Right, that thing I asked you for. We should get started on it now--now that my leg is healed. The sooner, the better."

@BULiK

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Falh - Zakaz, Outside Navu's Hut ("....even in the face of armageddon.")

"Enough talk." Falh spat, feeling the ice blade in his hands as he exited the hut himself, facing Datrox directly. "I'm sick of your words."

His optics glowed ruby red behind the Felnas. 

The two stared at each other yet again. Falh's vision was unbroken. It should have been the two of them versus the monsters that had come to their home, but Datrox had chosen to give the monsters quarter. Why had he done that? Did he feel remorse, regret after the things they did to Metru-Nui?

It didn't matter. He'd betrayed the Toa. And for that, Karvan would perish.

And, as quick as a flash, the icy blade in his hand soared through the air towards Datrox's torso.

• Like 1

IC: Datrox Karvan - Metru-Koro

Dodge.

I moved, just late enough I felt the tip of the blade--cold, just like the man wielding it--cut through my side. I winced. "What do you expect to get out of this?" I asked, although not looking for an answer as I brought my own sword around in a horizontal swing, feeling the weight of the blade guide it towards Falh's leg. Perhaps I could slow him down, at least.

@Dane-gerous

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

31 minutes ago, EmperorWhenua said:

IC Leklo | Ice Suva

Leklo froze, suddenly gone still and causing Korruhn to hastily stop behind him, almost bumping into the plasma toa's rigid form but quickly grasping what . Leklo saw movement, something ethereal stirring in the confines of the tower, another ghost of some lost soul who met a grisly end at the hand of another... but this was unlike most other ghosts he'd encountered because he recognized this one. "Dume's ghost," he whispered. What were the chances, indeed. 

They stepped into the temple.

IC: Sidra - Ice Suva Temple

Deactivating the mask and hooking the sword to her belt, Sidra carefully stepped out from around the Suva, raising her hands in a placating gesture and waving to the two Toa. "Uh, hi there. Please tell me this meeting is just an unfortunate coincidence, and you haven't come all this way just to find me?" 

OOC: @EmperorWhenua @Crimson Jester

Edited by Nato the Traveler

IC: Sidra - Ice Suva Temple

"Oh, right," she grimaced. She wasn't actually 100% sure where they were at this very second. One was still upstairs, the other was on standby somewhere on the ground level. "If I call them back to me and put them away, can we at least attempt to have a civil conversation?" She indicated the iStone screen on her gauntlet. "I understand that's a hard ask given our last interaction."

OOC: @EmperorWhenua

IC: Skorm (Fau Swamp, Expeditionary Convoy)

As the titanic manas rose from the swamp, Skorm cursed under his breath. Fumbling with the controls, he hastily slammed the lever that converted the Muaka back into car mode. Then he heard Keitara, and felt the flash. His eyesight was unaffected, but the brightness burned him to his core. Leaning forward, he saw Keitara rocketed down into the muck. As he looked over the controls, he heard IV begin squealing an alarm pitch. Getting out to help her would mean leaving the vehicle, the only way they could outspeed this monstrous rahi that, for some reason, reminded Skorm of his old boss, Carapar. Fortunately, Skorm had some advantages in situations like these; his kanohi glowed, and he began splitting into two beings.

The wheel struts realigning wasn't a fast process. As Sko flipped switches, he checked the batteries. Impressive, Kei's sunburst had been absorbed by the vehicle as power. He grabbed the crystal scattergun strapped to the roof of the cab, working the pump. The heatstone in it hissed as it was partially fragmented. At this range Sko wouldn't be able to do much against the manas, but fortunately Skyra seemed to be eager to get its attention.

"Just once," Orm muttered as he swung out of the Muaka, "I'd like to use the Occan to team up on one guy. It's always to even whatever ####### odds I get stuck with." He dashed towards the fallen Av-Toa, minding the colossal rahi. He skidded to a stop as he saw Keitara recessed into the swamp sludge, and grimaced. He grabbed Keitara's free arm and pulled, but only managed to free her shoulder before he heard a pop and stopped. Orm knelt, digging his hand under her shoulder for a better grip, but stopped. Glancing back at the enormous crab, he thought of something, and looked back at the dazed Av-Toa. "It's not the way I had hoped to get under you, but I could give it a shot. Just... that lightblast, please don't."

Orm felt out with his elemental senses, feeling the minute pockets of darkness beneath Keitara. Reaching his hand beneath her shoulder, the Kra-Toa entity melded with shadow, gliding under Keitara's body. There was a sucking sound as he began to materialize, pushing her up. Finally, with an audible pop, Keitara was pushed out of the mud from beneath by Orm.

OOC: @TL01 NUVA @Conway @Toru Nui @Tarn @Snelly @Unreliable Narrator

• Like 1

The times, they are a-changing...

19 hours ago, Vezok's Friend said:

IC [Kunok McGrokk]:

“Knew I could count on you, laddie.” the trader said, watching Korio unflinchingly take care of the furs.

“Well then, Yumi, you better be off. Hard to leave such wonderful company as myself but it can’t be helped. Or did ya need anything else? More tea?”

IC Yumiwak | Leaving McGrokk's Grotto of Grotesque Guriosities

I thought over the old trader's offer of more tea but ultimately opted against it. "I should go," I said. "Thanks for the map. Just remember, if it doesn't lead me to the warrior woman and sitting on her face I'll be coming back for more than some of your fine tea," I warned, and then winked as I went out the door. 

As Zai trailed us, Korio hefted the box of kuala pelts in front of me on our way to the Panda. It was an easy walk of just up the beach a little ways and onto the short pier where Kunok's trawler and my yacht were berthed for the moment, and I knew Korio was more than capable of doing it all by himself but I still took a couple steps to catch up and seized one side of the box to even the burden out. He hadn't asked for the task but taken it willingly, and while I knew my station as princess as well as any other no task was truly beneath me if it meant taking care of my small clan. Purity of intent was as important as the other virtues, and I wasn't about to let myself think for one second I wasn't strong enough to be able to help move a box, either. "Zai," I hollered between grunts of effort, "run up ahead and tell Ysocla we're coming up already. It's been a while since we've fired the aerial drive, so tell her to get it booted up."

@pokemonlover360 @Tarn @Dane-gerous 

IC: Korruhn, Ice Suva

Korruhn remained several steps behind Leklo, studying the terrain around for cover and exits before joining the conversation. His hands checked again to ensure his weapons were loose-strapped for quick access should things turn south. He didn't like this situation one bit, nor did he like the Dark Hunter stood before him. A week ago, Korruhn was ready, and ever so close, to tearing the throat out of this filthy murderer. A week ago, Korruhn also had just acquired these new powers, and had yet no knowledge how to use them. This engagement was much different.

Although Korruhn knew this Dark Hunter had no weight in the game, aside a lust for widgets, and he had no reason to hate the hunter. But he couldn't help but feel the rage course through him as his shadow arm gently billowed smoke. He wanted nothing more in the world but to reach into the core of the hunter before him and tear it's heartlight from it, still beating. And then, he noticed the sword.

Immaculately crafted of the finest white metal he has ever seen, the blade's perfect edges curved gently to a precise point, and an open fuller separated it's two sides. As a cartographer and historian, Korruhn's eye was immediately drawn to it, the strange construction was very foreign, and not just anyone could gfet their hands on such a piece. Korruhn saw many pieces of similar style on temple art, but thought such forging arts were lost to time. But why was it here on Zakaz? And why did that filthy hunter have it? Something to figure out soon enough.

"Fine." Korruhn stepped forward, cautious, but approachable enough considering their last meeting. Korruhn wasn't looking to start a fight if he didn't have to, despite his hatred for this mercenary. He still glanced occasionally to the sword. He was interested, but he and Leklo must determine why the Dark Hunter is here, first. "What interest does a hunter have with these old ruins?"

OOC: @EmperorWhenua @Nato the Traveler

Edited by Crimson Jester

image.png.c80b02daebe0faa6146a8dfce1ccb188.png

"This spot marks our grave; but you may rest here too, if you like."