Six Kingdoms: Rebirth - Gameplay

Unreliable Narrator

IC Po-Koro - remember, its not blood sacrifice if you get consent first. Right?

I … I might have a way to get one,” the De-Matoran swallowed, “I … I couldn’t … I don’t think I could … I know some of the Matoran are very injured, they … they can’t be saved. If … if they consent, would that be alright? Or does it have to be stolen from an enemy ? I … I know others would be fine killing Skakdi for it but, I … I don’t think I could steal a life. I-is it possible this would work?

He stumbled, both in his drive and words. The ability to help the village was vital, he could help keep Po-Koro alive. But … voicing this idea, actually saying it out loud, it made him unsteady. Was he crossing a line? 

OOC: @Toru Nui

IC Po-Koro 

The Ce-Matoran recoiled. Sacrificing a heartlight? How … and it must still be beating? That was horrific, she couldn’t just do that. Could she?

She backed up as Legion dismissed her, and walked away through the village, head shaking. She … she couldn’t. But then she spied that growing mound of bodies. The masks of dead had already been taken, to be used by other Matoran should their masks break. Po-Koro already looted the dead. But a still beating heartlight…

She swallowed, she … she should ask the other Matoran, maybe some of them would know what to do. And so she walked away, abandoning her guarding and leaving the Aspect behind unsupervised.

OOC: @ultimoscorp

• Like 1

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

IC: Mahryo - Abandoned Campsite

Mahryo poked around, gathering a few of the various odds and ends such as tools, while he searched for anything a bit more interesting - whether it be more tracks, or a physical note, or something else.

"Hey Nu, ya find anything interesting yet?" he called back to the Vahki. "Any signs of our villain?"

@Toru Nui@Jakura Nuva@xccj@Unreliable Narrator

• Like 1

IC: Zsann - Zakaz/Wastes/Van

The offer was a surprise to Zsann. She looked over to the Mega to see if she was being serious, and took a moment to consider. On the one hand, a safe place to spend the night would be nice for a change. On the other hand, she did not know these people... vans... ah whatever. It couldn't hurt.

"V-v-very g-generous. Thanks."

OOC: @Dane-gerous

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)

IC Po-Koro

The De-Matoran nodded shakily, looking around the village. He couldn’t do this, this was murder, this was wrong, this was … he wasn’t strong enough, he wasn’t brave enough, he couldn’t do this…

His raving heartlight began to steady as he caught sight of a Ta-Matoran carrying an armful go masks, all looted from the dead. It … in some villages, like his De-Koro, you saved the mask of the deceased, so as to hold them with you. That … that if you wear the mask of your brother or sister, they will remain with you, protect you. This … this was just the same thing, wasn’t it?

It wasn’t, he knew that but … but all those masks, all belonged to Matoran butchered for no other reason than they were weak. And their bodies lay in a big mound, rusting and rotting. He … there were so few Matoran left, if … if sacrifices weren’t made … then those deaths were for absolutely nothing. Pointless as the Skakdi attack. 

He drifted away, walking towards a small hut made of three stone slabs in the shape of a tent, summoned from the earth by the Toa of Stone who made Po-Koro. As he walked he bent over by the entrance, grabbing a sharp piece of debris from a shattered wall. Was … was he really doing this? 

He swallowed as he heard a gasping wail, And walked inside his hut, he spied that a Le-Matoran was laying on a makeshift bed retching, both of her legs and one of her arms had been severed by a strange three-bladed Skakdi weapon, and the blade seemed to have poisoned her body.

Ramaka?” He managed, looking at her cough and wheeze. “Its Bode. I … I … you know how some Matoran wear the masks of the dead? To feel empowered? I … I don’t want your Mask, I don’t want anything from you but I … th-there is … this ritual that could help Po-Koro, and … and if you don’t want to that’s okay but—

Make it stop,” she wheezed out.

Um, yeah that’s the point. I … there is a way um, if I … I can stop your pain, if you want. I-I am talking about—

Freaking do it.

But it … it kind of, you would live on in me, maybe but … but you would be … you wouldn’t be here anymore. It could help Po-Koro, but it—

I hear — argh, a lot of talk. Just use that knife.

He trembled as he held the makeshift knife above her, shaking like a twig in a hurricane. His mind could practically feel her blood splatter against him, feel her insides squish and rupture. He … he … he couldn’t do it, not even for Po-Koro, he was not strong—

Ramaka’s remaining arm lunged out, grabbing the knife. With a strain she ripped out out of his hand and stabbed it down, squirting a foul smelling fluid against Bode. He shuddered, her hand still clutching the knife.

Bode swallowed and grabbed her hands, managing to say, “a-alright, t-together then.” And he began to slid the knife around, guiding her hands to carve around her chest. Her fleshy insides oozed and splattered him, the knife clanked and clicked against her metal components as the pair of them cut into her.

He … he felt tears pour from his optics, even as he severed her insides. She … she wanted this, she consent, she wanted this, she consent, she took the knife from him, she stabbed herself, she stabbed herself, she wanted this, he was going to stay no, it was her hands cutting into her now, not his, this was what she wanted…

Now covered in dripping gore he shivered, he turned to Ulkarr, with a still beating heartlight in his hands. He stood there briefly, before almost fallimh over as vomit spewed from his mouth. The acidic cocktail mixed with Ramaka’s bodily fluids that had spread across the floor, forming a foul reeking pool.

it … I didn’t … I didn’t mean, it wasn’t meant to be—” he stumbled over his words, before gagging again.

OOC: @Toru Nui It’s time.

• Like 3

"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

IC: Mega - Zakaz, The Wastes, Van Time

A smile, as the three drove. The storm that was brewing was almost beautiful. 

"You're welcome. I'm sorry about the gun, darlin'. Just...I know better to be a Matoran in the Wastes without nothing to defend myself with." She sighed, still laying against the headrest. "Ain't so bad now I got Yaushe's chassis to protect me, but..."

She trailed off, as she spotted something in the distance she wished she hadn't.

"Oh no. Oh good lord above, no." Mega gasped, the more relaxed expression completely disappearing. To her horror, as she looked into the Wastes in front and took sight of her garage, 30 or so spots were beside it. She knew what they were, but she wished she hadn't. She reached for her rifle again.

Why today? Why me?

OOC: @ZippyWharrgarbl @A-tak-nid

IC: Barius - Mega's Scrapshop

The Skakdi grinned conversationally at the Toa. He was annoyed that Parnassus was paying attention to Reson instead of hashing out the terms of their deal, but he suspected that was the point. Aspects were annoying that way; talking to them was all cloak and dagger.

Not like Skakdi at all. Skaks were treacherous, but they were hardly subtle about it. How could they be, when their entire species was presumed as being up to no good at the outset? Barius himself was getting ready to make a rightly treacherous play himself, but it was the kind of thing you could see coming. The kind of move you had to respect, even when you were on the receiving end of it. There was a sort of mutual understanding among Skakdi in that way.

But Aspects thought themselves higher and mightier than others, and everything they did was a psychological power move. A natural consequence of being the only source of slugs, he supposed-- he preferred Nektann's way of dealing with that business. Aspects cowed you around physically and verbally, just for the pleasure of making you bow to their whims.

Essentially, Aspects played chess while skaks were playing checkers. And Barius thought chess was about as fun as skimming slag.

But he wanted a slug, so he played chess.

OOC: @Conway @Nato the Traveler

IC: Providence - Mesi Tunnels

Providence looked around. "Huh?" He couldn't sense the duo in his shadows anymore; it was just him and Vent.

OOC: @Dane-gerous @Snelly @Sparticus147 @Vezok's Friend

IC: Ulkarr (Po-Koro Outskirts)

Goodbye

Hello

Step forth into the darkness and prepare the gift

A star’s heart still beating, still lit

Two midnight horrors cry and shift

Make them squirm inside the pit

Bind worm and willing host

Tear the yolk and spread its gold

Devour knowledge and their ghost

Pray for prey forever sold

Hello

Goodbye

The ritual was over. Bode was now bound to use his power for the good of Po-Koro. The sun began to set on Zakaz.

@Harvali

• Like 1

IC: Datrox Karvan - Navu's Hut

"So that's it? You intend to kill me as a thank you for staving off addiction? There's nothing stopping you, unless you'd rather keep me as a trophy until I starve in here, or worse--" and then I tried using my strength to move my icy prison, feeling it move back and forth slightly. Perhaps I could get it to fall over and shatter, hopefully freeing me.

Eventually I tilted enough that the next thing I saw was the ground coming towards me quickly, and then I must have hit something, because soon I was unconscious.

Perhaps, my first mistake went all the way back to trusting anyone in this new world. I had been more cautious before, back in Metru Nui. Yet here I had extended myself outward, looked for new friendship, a new team of Toa to work with, and the result was finding out my latest ally was a maniac.

If this was how it ended, then...

Once the frozen form of Datrox hit the ground, a red liquid began to spread underneath the ice. At first, it appeared the knocked-out Toa of Fire had injured himself, but on closer inspection one would see it was the tomato he had received from Navu.

@Dane-gerous

IC: Nale Vella - Po-Koro

"Near the village, some place with elevation, I'd say."

@Onaku

IC: Triage - The Taku

"Uh, well," Triage gestured to his patients, "see if they need anything, for now. I have to speak with our captain."

The medic took off a pair of gloves and grabbed his satchel before heading to the bridge. "Captain? You there?"

@BULiK

IC: Korio Karasha - Tactical Panda II

"Yeah, yeah," Korio replied, taking the furs to the ship's hold and hastily tying the box down. The smell that the Skakdi didn't seem to notice began to permeate the Panda.

Pleased with himself, Kor returned above deck. "I'm ready to blast whenever," he said, chuckling.

@EmperorWhenua@pokemonlover360

Edited by Tarn
  • Like 4

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC Bode - Po-Koro

Bode fell to the ground, panting as he continued to throw up. He shivered he … he was so rattled, he almost imagined he could feel something squirming inside his chest. He … he couldn’t believe he had done this. He … was a monster, a killer. A Piraka. He heaved on all-fours, struggling to stand.

That vomit and gore on his hands felt … odd. He shoved up to see slimy weeds growing from where his hands had touched the ground, he stroked them, they were unpleasant, made his stomach turn. But it did not revolt him nearly as much as what he had done.

He staggered up, all but in a daze, croaking out, “it … it wasn’t meant to be like this.” He staggered out of the room, weeds sprouting from the rocky ground with each step, forming foot shaped patches of greenery,. He wandered away, he … he didn’t know what to do, what could be done. He was a Piraka in every sense of the word.

And as he wandered to the side of Po-Koro, a few Mahi wandered over, and nibbled on the foot-shaped patches of weeds. They gagged at the taste, but … there was so little food here, and with so much of the west covered in dust, and this revolting food was already here, no strings attached but the taste…

The goats began to nibble on the weeds, lingering around the village and searching for the source of the strange new food.

• Like 2

IC: Boss | The Wastes, Mega’s His Garage

“What you waiting for, open it up,” Boss said when they encountered the sign declaring the garage to be closed for business. “You suddenly gain a conscience for business hours or something?”

Hopping off the side of the parked rig he grumbled while striding to the front door of the garage. A heavy kick with his boot to the metal around the door handle sent the door careening open, smashing into the wall with a loud thud and leaving a dent with the handle in the concrete. 

“See, the garage is open,” Boss declared. “Now get those rolling doors up and tune your rigs. I smell coffee and cigs.”

Boss did smell coffee grounds in a compost can somewhere nearby. He wrinkled his face at how stale it smelled. There had to be a way to make it fresh. Around the corner past a pitcher of water and some stale bread he found a carafe and shoved it into the hands of an underling who got busy with the fine details of making Boss’ coffee while he sniffed around for a cig. Boss liked his coffee just dark enough to have a complex flavor, but smooth going down. Notes of cherry, chocolate, and walnut were his favorite. The warskak underling hoped the notes of old boots, charred wood, and bog water could suffice. It didn’t, but Boss sipped it anyway out of the tiny little ceramic cup obviously meant for a matoran and not a hulking brute of a skakdi. Wasn’t there a universal law or something about garages having bad coffee?

He found a rolling step ladder big enough for him to sit on with his legs spread wide. He placed it under the open doors of the garage so he could get a good view of the rolling dunes of The Wastes. Boss sipped his coffee and watched his warskaks begin to pilfer the scrap yard and garage for parts and tools. The Twins, always working together -- like they had a choice -- ended the storm. Sunshine glittered off the rain drops that fell for a few more minutes. A rainbow spread out across the sky, dull in the evening air.

He lit a cig. The smoke made the coffee taste a little better.

Barius would make his move soon. Boss knew it. It was just a matter of time.

Edited by Unreliable Narrator
  • Like 3

Happy chat.

IC: Knichou, Bridge of the Taku

Knichou had picked up the radio under one arm and was about to leave the bridge when Triage arrived.

"Yeah, I'm here. Need help with something?"

OOC: @Tarn

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC: Falh - Zakaz, Navu's Place

Falh stared at the unconscious body. He should have known to restrain him better. Pushing him over with his foot, he noticed the squished tomato. 

A dry, humourless laugh. 

Datrox. You had to make it difficult for me, didn't you? 

In an almost ironic move, Falh pulled the mask off of Datrox's face. He'd keep it, as a keepsake. The person who saved his life. 

He knelt down, holding the man's face as a knife of ice formed in his other hand, and he moved to drag it across his neck and end him quickly.

"Goodbye, brother."

OOC: @Tarn @Eyru

Edited by Dane-gerous
  • Like 2

"Oh, I just wanted to let you know the survivors we picked up are doing well so far. Exuze was a great help. Uh, and I wanted to know--who was the lady who ran out of here like that? A friend of yours?"

@BULiK

Edited by Tarn

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC Bode - Po-Koro

The De-Matoran was aware that weeds sprouted with each step he took, he even was aware that the Mahi were taking advantage, some following directly after him as he wandered around Po-Koro. And as he walked, his sensitive ears could hear the village marvel and stare at him.

That power, how is he doing that?

He’s not even a Bo-Matoran, is he? Could Bode somehow be blessed by Mata-Nui?

Bode … he was numb, his whole body shaking he … he should go back to Toa Arkius, go to Turaga Jovan. Surrender himself, admit his sins. He had made the choice, Ulkarr just made the offer. He had accepted it. He was tainted,

He couldn’t be forgiven, he shouldn’t, but he could still do good. He could let them bind his arms and chain up his legs, put him under the watch of a guard. And in turn he … he could continue to grow plants for the Koro, just pace in a field, feeding the Mahi.

Then came new whispers.

That ritual Cerama told us about, could he have…

He … he couldn’t have. Not Bode

But he … seems okay. And he’s just pacing around, not hurting anyone. And look at those Mahi, they seem healthy. And they … they can keep us alive, give us food and tools. Its … someone - stop staring and go try to wrangle them will you.

Right, I’ll go.

Bode flinched at each comment, even as Av-Matoran ran up to him, a rope woven of plant fibers in her hand. He began to move to corral the beast. Bode could not watch his gaze, not that the Av-Matoran offered it, she looked away, saying nothing, just grunting as she struggled with the goats.

Bode was tainted. A Piraka. He … he was no Matoran. He was evil. He … he just hoped he was a necessary evil. One they could exploit. 

OOC: the village is now getting rumors both of Bode’s unnatural powers and of the deal Legion has offered. Anyone in Po-Koro is allowed to hear about either new story. 

Edited by Harvali
  • Like 1

IC: Giruga | Fau Swamps

Giruga didn’t feel the small gnat land on her thick carapace. She saw it try and needle her. Why did they never learn: needles did nothing. She could leave it alone. Eat it later maybe. Then she could grow. Or she could catch it now and eat it later. And then she could grow. Giruga’s left claw swung over and scraped the top of her shell, hoping to catch the gnat in her pincers. She didn’t want to crunch it. She would crunch it later. When she fed. When she grew.

The other ones scattered and ran behind the moving house. Some got in their moving house and their house began to move away. 

Her right claw collided with the long stick the sun-maker carried. She felt it grind into the soggy mud as her claw, as big as their moving house, smashed against the sun-maker. The stick snapped in a blinding flash as the both of them screamed in a flash of light. The sun-maker screamed high and pathetic and small as she was flung away by the force of Giruga’s blow. Giruga screamed low, and wretched, and loud enough to wake those napping inside the giant head that crashed far away. 

Her claw burned where the spear touched her. It felt jittery and acidic, and the shell began to peel and crack. She did not know why it peeled and cracked. She had never felt her shell crack. She felt unwell inside her arm. It felt hot, and it itched like when she crawled into the waters deeper in the jungle when she was small before she fed and grew.

Giruga roared again. Her mouth opened and foam spilled out. Gigura no longer felt hungry. Why did she not want to feed? When she ate she grew. Could she grow when she didn’t eat? The itching grew stronger as Giruga slowly crawled away, roaring loud and bellowing with force to shake the trees. No one could sleep on the Southern half of Zakaz. No one could sleep through Giruga’s cry of pain. 

Giruga knew the marsh was healing and cool. But now it was warm, and bubbling and rancid. She felt unwell. She began to crawl East, toward the rain she’d seen pass by. Maybe the rain could heal her? She once wanted to feed and grow. Now she did not want to feed. But she wanted to grow. It did not make sense. 

And she hurt.

All throughout her arm she hurt. 

Her eye stalks retreated, bringing her glittering eyes close to the thick carapace. She would make her slow, enormous, scuttling way toward the rain. In a day she should feel its healing waters on her shell.

In a day she would be dead.

Around Giruga the waters boiled in the aftermath of the blinding, burning flash of light caused by Keitara’s desperate last stand. The radiation leaked outwards from Giruga’s claw, poisoning the swampy land and the wildlife, and even the travelers who unknowingly started this confrontation. Soon they would all feel unwell. Untreated, they would all die.

OOC: the hex you were all fighting in is now contaminated with decaying radiation. Entering the hex (6,11) will give your PC Acute Radiation Syndrome. Seek immediate healing after traveling in this hex. 

@Snelly, @Tarn, @Toru Nui, @Burnmad, @TL01 NUVA, @Keeper of Kraata, @Conway and I think that's it?

Edited by Unreliable Narrator
  • Like 2

Happy chat.

IC: Knichou, Bridge of the Taku

"Glad to know everything's going well, now that they're stabilized we'll have to ask if they want to stay here to travel back to Metru-Koro with us. And that lady is Nale..."

Knichou paused for just a moment, unsure how much he wanted to explain. He settled on the truth - there was nothing to hide, right?

"... She's an old friend. We were just catching up, since we hadn't seen each other since the impact."

That was true, but Knichou was silently hoping Triage didn't push further. Knichou didn't have a good way to explain why he and Nale chose to talk in the captain's quarters.

Edited by BULiK

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC: Ulkarr (Telepathic Link)

BOOOOOOODEEEEEEEE...

Bode could hear more than the rumours of his fellow villagers. He could hear Ulkarr's voice in his mind.

BOOOOOOOOOOOODEEEEEEEEEE... how are you feeling? Apologies for any momentary discomfort, this is my first time performing the rite.

@Harvali

IC: Tekmo and Waveahk (Fau Swamp Outskirts, Cargo Hauler)

"Yes, bravo, magnificent, excellent, NOW GET IN THE VEHICLE!"

"...Keitara... what have you done?"

@TL01 NUVA@Tarn@Conway@Keeper of Kraata@Snelly

• Like 1

IC Bode - Po-Koro

Bode staggered as he heard a voice in his head, echoing as if off a mountaintop. For a moment, he dared to hope. “Ramaka?” But his hopes were quickly dashed, as he recognized this ethereal voice. The voice he heard was that of Ulkarr, not the Le-Matoran he had killed. Or had she killed herself? Or did he assist her suicide?

Was he laughing as he stabbed her, or was he crying? Was he in his hut, her hut, or in the open streets? It … his memories of the last ten minutes meshed and blurred together he … he wasn’t sure what was happening anymore. What had happened. All he knew, was that he was a monstrous Piraka. A Manas. 

Finally he managed to think back, ”Ulkarr you … you are in my head? How … I think I … I think I am a monster.” He shivered, the Av-Matoran was leading the Mahi after him, as Bode wandered about aimlessly.

• Like 1

IC: Ulkarr (Telepathic Link)

You are not a monster. The tone here was not one of comfort, but one of objective fact. You did not kill your friend. You ended her suffering. You allowed something good to come of it. I assure you, I will do everything in my power to ensure that what happened here today never happens again. Will you do the same?

@Harvali

IC: Yaushe - Wastes

The storm ended quickly, quicker than what was natural- was there someone around manipulating it?- and Yaushe lowered her gaze to see the welcoming committee that had gathered outside Mega's shop. As they got closer, it wasn't hard to figure out they weren't friendly- especially given the broken down door.

"I can turn around," she said. "What do you wanna do, Mega?"

@Dane-gerous@A-tak-nid

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

IC: Knichou, Po-Koro, Bridge of the Taku

Knichou wasn't quite sure exactly what Triage might be implying, but he didn't want to push it further. Knichou had been coping in... his own ways. Triage's statement made him wonder what ways the doctor was coping. A topic for another time, perhaps.

"It wouldn't hurt to do another round to double check before we go. We're staying here until I get this radio operational, anyways..."

Knichou's voice trailed off, as he tried to recall if he had seen anything unusual in the town that Triage could help with...

"If I may ask, who was that lady driving you around in that van earlier?"

IC Bode - Po- Koro

Bode clutched his head, his memories were … they disconnected and linked up at random. He … Toa Nale had said Ulkarr helped save that Vo-Matoran, didn’t she? And if he would try to help one Matoran who easily could have have been written off as dead, then he must care about the Matoran. Mustn’t he? 

He … Bode tried to end her suffering, didn’t he? Or was he just after power? Did he just want to be important? Or was it duty? It … he couldn’t recall. Or rather, he recalled it was both and neither. 

He … his biomechanical brain struggled he … Bode couldn’t remember what had happened in that hut, or at least, couldn’t trust what he remembered. It all was jumbled up, all numb and distant. He felt like he was in a dream. A terrible dream.

Maybe it was Bode’s confused and traumatized state but he … it was too late to undo his crime, but he … he wanted to believe Ulkarr. He needed to believe him. That he still could help Po-Koro, and prevent other Matoran from having to make this choice. That Bode … that he had tried to do the right thing for Ramaka. That he was going to make something good come from her death. That he wasn’t a complete monster.

He managed to answer Ulkarr then, “I … I trust you.” But no longer could Bode trust himself. Never again.

Edited by Harvali
  • Like 2

IC: Mega - Zakaz, The Scrapshop

"I...I have to talk to 'em, make a deal..." She muttered to herself, as the van came to a stop a little bit away from the place. "I can stop 'em, they'll listen, they've listened before ain't they?" 

Mega looked pale. She shouldn't have left, she never should have left. 

Carrying her gun limply, Mega would soon be visible to everyone currently pilfering her place.

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator @Nato the Traveler @Burnmad @Conway @Keeper of Kraata @ZippyWharrgarbl @A-tak-nid

IC [Strange Tunnels]:

With his shadow powers active, Providence noticed that the tunnel they were in was not the only access point to the larger chamber. Now that he had actual cast shadows to work with, he realized there were others nearby, some leading into the chamber ahead at the same level as they were on now, but other openings were higher up, overlooking the cavern hosting the assembly. 

OOC: @Burnmad

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC: Keitara (A Fallen Star)

Keitara's world stopped at her eyelids. It consisted of pain, nausea, a deep ache inside her. And the sounds she had heard.

Her new friend, Skorm, begging her to stop in a cracked and pleading voice. Tekmo asking in horror what she was doing. Her own screams of agony as the poisonous energy burned its way through her.

And the creature's scream.

As she sailed toward the hauler, shield and the head of her broken lance in hand, she knew she would carry that sound with her to the grave. They had come to this creature's home.  She had only meant to frighten it, to buy her companions a chance to escape. Her improvised flashbang had failed, so she tried to give the creature a burn noticeable enough that it would flee. 

She struck the hull of the hauler hard enough to dent it. Were it not for her protosteel armor she would have been killed. She peeled off of the side and fell the short distance to the ground. 

She still felt that… that poison here. Had she done this? Had it been here before? The dawning horror within her fought valiantly with the darkness devouring the corners of her vision. But it was a losing battle.

In her fading sight she saw the green Toa. Waveakh. She had heard the horror in his voice when he addressed her. 

In that moment, she felt she deserved every word of it.

"...Skorm…" she rasped, reaching her shield arm toward him feebly "...save...him. I'm… sorry. Leave me if you...have...to…."

Keitara felt like she was dying. For all she knew, she was. She felt some small consolation that, if this was indeed the end. at least the horror that had occured here would never be repeated.

Then her vision faded, and she knew no more.

(OOC: Kei is unconscious, next to the hauler, and gravely injured. She has made it clear she wants nobody left behind.

@Snelly, @Unreliable Narrator, @Tarn, @Toru Nui, @Burnmad, @TL01 NUVA, @Keeper of Kraata, @Conway

it's up to y'all now. What will you do with her?)
  • Like 2

Whatever mountain you are climbing, you can do this.

BZPRPG character masterpost

20220406_234727.jpg

"Just promise me something... don't let me go."

IC: Yaushe - Mega's Workshop

Before Mega climbed out, Yaushe said, "I'll wait here, but if something goes wrong, signal me somehow. I don't know. Wave or something. I'll be right over. They won't see it coming, should be able to get out in the confusion."

@Dane-gerous@A-tak-nid

• Like 1

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

IC: Tekmo and Waveahk (Outside Fau Swamp, Cargo Hauler)

"Oh, nonononono, this is not good..."

"Just drag her inside-"

"No, just - what she did, it's... affecting the surrounding plantlife. They're dying. Slowly, but dying nonetheless. I can feel it... how likely is it that since we were surrounding her as well, that we're also dying?"

@Tarn@Snelly@Conway@Keeper of Kraata@TL01 NUVA

IC: Irna | Fau Swamp

Irna stumbled out of the hauler and over to where Keitara had collapsed. She still couldn't fathom what the woman had done -- how she had managed to drive that crab off, the strange she had used, the way that Irna could still feel it on her skin -- but this wasn't the time for questions. They needed to get away from here before the crab tried attacking again. The crab, or something even bigger

Irna hefted Kei up and carried her into the hauler before turning back to Tekmo.

"We can figure that out once we're away from here," she said. "If something's killing the plants, I would rather not stick around near them."

She blinked. Stumbled. She suddenly found herself feeling light-headed. She felt something knot in her stomach. She swallowed, hard, and tasted bile in her throat.

No. She'd rather not stick around here.

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator @Toru Nui @TL01 NUVA @Snelly @Tarn @Burnmad

-Void

• Like 1

[ BZPRPG ]

IC Bode - Po-Koro

Bode nodded like a lumberjack sawing a massive log. He continued to stumble around. At this point much of the Mahi already were well fed, and were resting. Matoran were beginning to make a crude fence around some of them, made up whatever scrap they could spare. But still Bode walked, still cracking the rocky terrain as weeds sprouted up at each footprint.

Elsewhere several of the giant caltrops had been dragged in place around the wall, hauled by Matoran, a few Vortixx, and the one Steltian Bruiser in the village. The wall was more mended now, but another disk of regeneration had lost its power from the effort. And a few Ta-Matoran  and Su-Matoran gathered around the pile of corpses, weighting their options, 

We found a … a body,” a Ga-Matoran whispered to a few folks hauling another caltrop, “Ramaka. Her … her heartlight was removed. She was clutching a bloody chunk of rock. Do you think, Bode…?

I can’t,” a Ba-Matoran answered, shaking their head, “I … Karzahni what are we going to do? Turaga Jovan can’t make a decision in his state. But if he killed one of us, one of the few Matoran left…

S-she was going to die anyway.

Still, if its murder we can’t look the other way. Especially if it was another Matoran. At the least, he shouldn’t be allowed to leave Po-Koro, until we have figured out what to do with him. In the meantime, clean up Ramaka and the hut. Put her on the pile.

The others nodded they … they had little choice. If they did not get rid of the body, Rahi would come to scavenge. They could not fend them off, not so soon. And she … she at least deserved to rest. A few Matoran went to get to work, while others’ stares drifted over at the Taku. They all thought the same thing.

They … they might need to tell the Toa. But who could they confide in? Arkius might explode in a rage again, this time he might actually hurt some Matoran, or damage the village. Nale, could they trust her not to tell him? And the strangers, they knew little about them. Could outsiders be trusted with this? What were they supposed to do?

Edited by Harvali
  • Like 1

IC: Providence - Mesi Tunnels

"There seem to be some other entrances to the chamber up ahead," Providence whispered. "Perhaps we could navigate to a better observation point?"

He expanded his senses out into the shadows around him, trying to gauge the layout of the tunnels and find a path up to one of those higher vantage points.

OOC: @Dane-gerous @Sparticus147 @Vezok's Friend

IC: Morangad - Fau Swamp

"What... have you done?"

The question was addressed to all of the group around the cargo hauler. Curiously, they heard it in their minds, rather than with their ears.

If they looked around, they might see a purple man clambering down a tree in the distance.

OOC: @Snelly @Toru Nui @Conway @TL01 NUVA @Tarn @Keeper of Kraata @Unreliable Narrator

• Like 1

IC: Rose - Outside Fau Swamps

"This blows," Rose said, feeling a little sicker as she moved from her position to get inside the hauler, finally heeding Waveahk's order. "Come on, Sky," she called, wanting to make sure the Toa of Air got to safety as well.

@Snelly@Toru Nui@Conway@Keeper of Kraata@TL01 NUVA

The medic suddenly looked nervous. At least in his case, the truth was a bit easier to allude to. It was harder to explain the part about a talking van. "Oh, you saw that?" he asked, rubbing the back of his neck. "She's just a local. Uh, she was helping me find the survivors. It's...well it's kind of a weird story."

He turned and started heading back to the cargo bay. "I'll...grab Iradra, do another go-around. Bye, Cap. Remember..." he began as he took a step down the ladder, "...business before pleasure, alright?"

With that, he smirked and returned to his patients.

@BULiK

• Like 1

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Knichou, Po-Koro, Bridge of the Taku

Knichou released an exaggerated sigh at Triage's last remark. If that was what Triage thought happened, the ride back would get real awkward real fast. As far as Triage's 'weird story' went, Knichou had serious doubts if anything in that story would surprise him at this point. Nonetheless, Knichou wasn't going to ask now, especially if all it would result in would be more teasing from the doctor.

Soon after Triage took the ladder down to his patients on the lower deck, Knichou began carefully climbing down the ladder as well, taking care to not drop the radio equipment.

Edited by BULiK

IC: Skyra Daring - Outside Fau Swamps -

Skyra had taken to the sky again as the crab had attempted to swipe her with it's claw, and now that said crab had begun to retreat. Skyra quickly flew back to the Cargo Haul to join her wife and the others. 

"We did it guys! We beat that crab!" Skyra chirped rather cheerfully as she landed next to Rose. Then Skyra unceremoniously fell to her knees, panting a bit. Something...something didn't feel right at all... 

"Why the #### do I feel like I want to throw up and then die?"

@Toru Nui @Tarn @TL01 NUVA @Conway @Keeper of Kraata

IC: Varian - Strange Tunnel -

"Indeed." The fact that he was invisible was useful, there was no denying that. "Good job....Zak-Yak." 

@Dane-gerous @Burnmad @Vezok's Friend @Sparticus147

• Like 1

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: Arkius - Po-Koro

Arkius nodded. "Lets get going, then."

IC: Iradra - The Taku

Meanwhile, Iradra had been tending to the patients in the Airship's temporary medical bay, even using her powers if there were lingering injuries that hadn't been fully mended. As Triage returned, she turned around and nodded to him.

@Tarn

IC: Rangi - Dead Forest

"Eh, I wouldn't worry about it, just gotta know how handle yourself. Trust me, I've cut myself worse before, this is nothing to worry about." Rangi gave an enthusiastic 'okay' sign while patting his hound on the back. He then noticed he'd pricked another finger.

@Nato the Traveler @Toru Nui

IC: Varah - Po-Koro

Varah simply stared at the aircraft with a thoughtful expression.

@The UltimoScorp

• Like 1

IC: Rose - Outside Fau Swamps

"Ask Lightbulb Lady," Rose replied, helping Skyra up and into the hauler. "Let's go. Scrub the recon mission, we gotta get the ###### away from here."

She heard the voice in her head, but tried to ignore it. Clearly, one of the locals didn't take kindly to the swamps being irradiated. 

@Snelly@Toru Nui@Conway@Keeper of Kraata@TL01 NUVA@Burnmad

IC: Nale Vella - Po-Koro

With Arkius' aid, and Nale's use of magnetism to make a foundation and struts out of scrap from the village, the two erected a radio tower next to the village. Wasn't the prettiest thing, but it would do its job and enable a means of communication between the Taku and the Koro in case of any future incidents.

"Right, now Knichou just needs to get here with the radio equipment, and we'll be in business."

Triage nodded back. "Iradra, I'm heading down to the village for another look, see if there's any survivors we missed before. Could use your help."

@Onaku@BULiK

Edited by Tarn
  • Like 1

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Zadred - Ruined Fort

Meanwhile, Zadred kept her eyes open, scanning the surrounding area with great attention. Having no one else there but Kilo to talk to, she sighed, momentarily glancing its way. "So... you're an automaton? A mechanical construct?"

She wasn't quite sure how to break the ice with this being. She'd never really had any experience with robots before, at least not robots like this. She'd dealt with Nektann drones, certainly, but those funky little tripod spiders never really exuded as much... intellect as this machine right here. Was it... sentient?

@pokemonlover360

Edited by Onaku