Six Kingdoms: Rebirth - Gameplay

Unreliable Narrator

IC Po-Koro

There have been … rumors today, of a ritual, one that can be done to get power,” the Av-Matoran’s voice was low, “Like, an actual power, like a new element, and that the ritual will work even for a Matoran. But the cost is to sacrifice a still-beating heartlight.

Then a few hours ago, we learned that Bode now had a strange power. Every step he took, weeds sprouted in his footstep. He’s not even a Bo-Matoran. We began to connect the dots and then we found the body of a Matoran with the heartlight ripped out.

I wouldn’t have thought Bode capable of murder. The victim was a close friend of his, at least we thought she was. She also was terminal, she had been poisoned in a strange way, not through a venom or toxin, but with a living darkness. No one seemed to be able to cure her, and she was constantly screaming in agony. He may have been trying to end her pain.

This is the problem we face. If he’s a murderer, even if it was meant as euthanasia, he killed one of the last Matoran. Whether she was doomed to die or not, he has done something monstrous, not only killing her but defiling her body. He cannot he allowed to go free. He must be punished, and prevented from doing the same crime again.

But we are worried we don’t have the luxury of giving the sentence he deserves. He is still a Matoran, and there are few of us left. Worse, Po-Koro is vulnerable, the Skakdi could return easily, and since rumor now is that war might be coming to Metru-Koro we cannot retreat there. Our options are limited. And his newfound power has created a field of weeds, which has attracted a herd of Mahi to the village. Now we have a stable food source and a way to get new tools and domesticated beasts, and he can grow a new field just by pacing. His power might save Po-Koro. But at that cost…

We don’t know what to do, we can’t execute him, and we don’t know if we can afford to exile him, his power is too useful, and his growing of weeds doesn’t seem violent on its own. Our Bo-Matoran are currently looking for evidence of poison in the weeds, and so far they seem safe, if bland. But we can not just abandon morality, or we risk verging on the cruelty of the Skakdi who pillaged us. At the least, we need to watch him until we can figure out his fate.

Varah, you fought bravely in the recent attack, you can restrain him if he’s dangerous, and make sure he doesn’t get too close to our ill in case he is tempted again. He is currently walking in a depressed haze in his field, some think he might regret what he’s done. I hope he does. Though regret would not redeem him. But in the meantime, do you think you could help monitor him, make sure he doesn’t try to flee? Maybe try to figure out why he did what he did? We … rather not leave it up to the Toa after Arkius’s outburst, and with Turaga Jovan breaking down, I think we should handle this on our own.

OOC: @Onaku

Edited by Harvali
  • Like 1

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

IC: Uraborask (Yoshimak's Hotspot'n'Sushi)

On 4/26/2020 at 9:15 PM, Sparticus147 said:

As Uraborask approached the skakdi, a sense of predatory intent emanating from his large form, the trader gave a start as Uraborask took a seat across from him. "I'm back from the hunt. The muaka alpha is dead. Now pay me." "What! You killed that monster! Impossible!"

"Well, unlike half of the skaklets on this Rig, I'm not a liar, don't believe? I can take you to my shack, you got a rig?" "Yeah, I got a rig, but how did you kill that thing? I watched as it tore through an ACR and killed the pilot. And the thing had a whole pack, how did you deal with that?" 

As the two skakdis continued their conversation, one being a tad more disruptive than the other, a female skakdi approached. Large and imposing as all females are, wearing what could be seen as a uniform for this place, she approached Uraborask. "So? Are you going to order anything, or are you and this slouch over here going to continue disrupting the environment, cause if you're going to do that you can at least start a fight, that'll be something to see." The skakdi woman callously laughed at her joke, being interrupted as Uraborask shoved the last of his coinage in her direction, "Something strong, something that'll keep your senses keen, and whatever the rest can buy." And like that, Uraborask was broke, but that doesn't concern him at the current moment as the waitress trudged away, most likely going to give him something cheap and keep the rest as a tip.

Turning back towards the tradeskak, Uraborask continued his conversation, "The alpha wasn't the problem, a good shot into her treads and it was easy pickings. It also helped that there was what appeared to be some sort of rescue attempt from the newcomers acting as a distraction." The mention of newcomers seemed to catch the trader's attention, "Newcomers? I've been hearing rumors but haven't yet planned to go myself. Have any idea where they're located, might be worth a visit for me." "Don't bother, from the looks of it Nektann's boys hit them hard." "Nektann?! Shrak, nothing good stands as long as Nektann is around, not like anyone can do anything to him anyways."

Returning from the backroom kitchen, the female skakdi gave Uraborask's order, a decently sized platter of various prepared fish rolls, more so than Uraborask was expecting. Looking up at the skakdi woman, she gave Uraborask a wink "You know it's not often people around here even think of giving a tip, so that's just a little extra for you hun." With a slight look of surprise on Uraborask's face, he thanked the skakdi woman and moved to an empty table for himself, wanting to enjoy himself without any interruptions, not from other customers, not from the trader...maybe from the waitress, but that'll come later, after he is done with the trader, making sure to keep an eye on him so that he doesn't slip away.

Edited by Sparticus147

2 hours ago, Onaku said:

IC: Okuo - Archives Depths

For a moment, Okuo looked dejected. He sighed, before nodding. "Yeah... Oh, by the way, this is Hiripaki." He said, gesturing around. "Hiripaki, would you open the inner door for us?"

IC Hiripaki | Archives

"Gladly! :spinsmile:" the voice replied.

A great churning of gears could be heard as the ancient secondary vault door clicked, clanked, and finally yawned open to reveal the inner sanctum of the legendary toa. It was dimly lit space, mostly illuminated by nearly phosphorescent glows of blue and green light at the corners of the roughly pentagonal space. The architecture was much like the chamber they were standing in, with grey walls lined with piping and rife with nooks and crannies in which many bound tomes had been stashed seemingly haphazardly. Furniture was sparse—there was a stone bed at one wall, bookshelves that were only half-filled with books and otherwise contained baubles and trinkets from many faraway lands, and a table of scientific implements that looked unused in ages, but the main article of the chamber was a great round table that was settled in the center, in a sunken section in the floor. It was slate blue on the top but had glowing wires all through the legs that intertwined and fell out of sight in the floor. Finally, at three of the walls there were narrow doors, entirely unadorned but for a single small light that glowed blue above the jamb. 

"You are both safe here," Hiripaki went on. "At least... from outside threats! Toa Stannis of the Maru never expected hosting guests here so there is only the one bed, but you're free to share it! May I offer any refreshments for you? We have... water. And to eat we have something referred to as pea nuts—but they are neither pears or nuts! :shrugs:"

2 hours ago, The UltimoScorp said:

Kathrine of the Flame - The Taku

IC Stannis | Taku

The Wanderer smiled kindly as Nale walked away and then listened intently as Kathrine told of her journey from home and to the north. It saddened him to hear her be so... enthusiastic, naive, and bright, as it all served to highlight the disappointments that transpired. "I am sorry," he said at last, "that you left your home to see the world only to discover war and death. It is as Mata Nui's Destiny would have it, but that does not make it good. All things are in imbalance with His absence now, but we will find a way to restore what was lost.

Despite his earlier misgivings about getting up he proved the remark to be a joke as he easily stood up with a spring of his legs and twist of his torso. "We shall discuss more of your skills and observations soon, Kathrine. For now it seems I am needed on the bridge." His tone had shifted to one of grave concern; while he possessed humor and charisma that belied his years he was even more concerned with the inquisition that was sure to take place as though it was a matter of the utmost importance, which in truth, it was to Stannis. He winked to the monk as he stepped away. "Watch my spears for me in the meantime.

• Like 1

IC: Sorilax - Aspect of Shadow and Silence - Aspects of Makuta

Location - Le-Metru Nuva - On the Northwestern fringes of (7, 13) in the Fau Swamp

With - Sala

Birds chirped in the trees surrounding them. Sorilax noted around 7 different species. The most interesting one was making a coughing sound that ended with a note that slid up the musical scale. That one was slightly unsettling, but not out of place in the Fau Swamp. In fact it just sounded dangerous, the bird was relatively harmless.

Of course the bird was capable of defending itself. They were in the Fau Swamp after all.

Sorilax scanned the village amongst the trees again. No Sala. Where are you? No one had known where the Matoran was when he had asked around. Sorilax now had to turn his hips as he surveyed, his neck damaged in his fight. Annoying, but he would address it in due time.

The green Vortixx caught his eye, and he had to smile. A very clever one there. The Voritxx was attaching the armor of the dead giant centipede to a hinge mechanism over a solar panel. Now that they had acid rain protection, they were going to construct several poles to reach above the tree tops and catch what sunlight fell through the mists. And once that happened, the villagers would power up the one large drill vehicle they had salvaged and start an exploratory mine.

Sorilax had already warned the village about the Mesi, but he made sure to repeat himself at least three times to multiple beings in charge of tunneling. The Mesi were not to be messed with, nor were underground Rahi.

Turning back around, Sorilax headed for the elevator to the swamp floor. It was just a simple platform pulled up and down on the precious few cables they had. A species he didn’t know was at the elevator’s winch currently, probably bringing up more centipede parts. The winch made a clicking sound as the platform rose. Sorilax came to the decision that he should go out searching for the Matoran of Plasma. Maybe the poor being had gotten lost, or worse.

On 4/26/2020 at 4:42 PM, Sparticus147 said:

Not wanting to risk his life anymore than he had already done so, Sala grabbed what berries he already picked, grabbing the two remaining pots and made his way back to Le-Metru Nuva, probably not as carefully as he should of though but thankfully returning home with minimal trouble anyways. With a deep sigh, Sala got onto the elevator into the village, "Huh, good, I'm back home. Now I just need to get these berries back into the hut and get to work on those scrolls before Sorilax makes...it..back." Sala stuttered out those last few words, as standing before him was Sorilax, albeit looking slightly different then the last time they saw each other. "Hiiiiii Soooriilax...Man those yellow Fau berries really are something right?"

Sorilax was lost in thought, staring at the simple railings on the elevator. Then Sala was there! “Huzzah!” Sorilax shouted, grin covering his face. He grabbed the Matoran by his shoulders in joy, “I was worried something had happened, fellow chronicler. Thank the stars you’re fine! BwaHaHaHa!” His laugh was deep and genuine.

Fau berries? Hmm… The thought finally registered in Sorilax’s mind. He went to scratch his chin, but the movement was hindered by his shoulder joints being no longer in operation. He settled for a Shadow arm reaching out from his torso near his shoulders and scratching his chin that way. He noticed the two pots the Plasma Matoran was holding, “More Fau berries? Very good! I do- Uh, we do need more ink. I saw a bush on the way back from our expedition whose roots can be ground up and added to the Fau berries to be a more stable (and darker) ink instead of just paint.

Sorilax leaned in and whispered, the “whisper” easily being heard by several people nearby. Sorilax really needed to work on that. “Don’t tell anyone, but the yellow Fau berries can actually become quite deadly. Instead of dying over the course of a week, if you add ghekula saliva, a chemical reaction occurs and the poison kills near instantaneously! BwaHaHa! But don’t you worry about that, Sala. Once the ghekula saliva dries out, the poison becomes inert soon after. Decomposes quite quickly after that, actually. Very intriguing.

Sorilax paused, Sala probably thinking it was his turn to speak. Instead Sorilax continued, barely pausing as he relayed to Sala the adventure he had just returned from. From the acid rain to the Nui-Kopen to Evolis Kerhs to their desperate victory over the giant centipede to their journey home to their re purposing of the parts that made up the former giant insect. They had truly avenged the Matoran and Steltian they had lost. Sorilax and Torch had inspected the stomach and found the rest of their friends. Their remains had been buried with the rest of their bodies.

Finally reaching an end, Sorilax patted his chest armor, which was mangled almost beyond recognition. It had been reduced to two thirds of what it had been, and Torch’s patch job gave it a melted look. “But now my shoulders and neck no longer work. I know you were looking forward to exploring the ruins with me, but I feel it is my duty to see to the welfare of this village first. That means trying to find a larger refugee camp and see about setting up a trade route. Hopefully we can find one of those flying vehicles you told me about. The swamp would probably reject all other forms of travel.

And now there’s my body. The torso had been severely weakened. We need to find someone who can mend it properly. I need to be in perfect shape to best provide for this village. Now, Sala,” Sorilax grew more serious and looked the Matoran in the eye, “I want you to come with me on this mission as the ambassador of Le-Metru Nuva. Others from the giant head might not trust me, but you they will trust.” Sorilax leaned in conspiratorially, “Plus you can continue chronicling with me what transpired in your old universe.

OOC: @Sparticus147

Alright boys, we're one step closer to finally exploring those ruins. I'm sure nothing distracting will happen in Metru-Koro after the two days it takes to walk there. (Okay yes I know potentially 3 days, but I'm sure time shenanigans will take place. They always do.)

• Like 1

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

-----------------------------

IC: Pridak | Metru-Nui, Pridak's Throne Room

What do you call a matoran that lost their mask? Ko-matose. It's okay, I can make that joke. I have a friend who's a matoran. Okay she’s a new friend. Ehlek insisted I shouldn’t have all the matoran slaughtered in the wake of the world collapsing, in case he needed them or something. He’s become rather curious in how they work. I flipped a coin and the matoran lived. Now she’s my friend. I can never really remember her name though, but I know it starts with a V. Or was it a B? I actually can’t remember. Whatever, friendships take time and I’m bad with matoran names. They all roll off the tongue weird. And they’re so varied. Case in point: I fought a Sans and Carapar apparently faced off and got smoked by a Rose and Skyra? Then there’s that thorn in my side, Stannis. 

Or Axonn. Please. What a fake name. His real name is probably something insipid like Ghreagh.

Please, matoran: if I can’t wipe out your society at least create one worth keeping around. I know this whole “wipe out the entirety of matoran society” is a little extreme. I get that. But also you asked for it. Dume asked for it. He didn’t want peace when it was offered.

Let me just cut to the chase: I don’t like what I’m doing. 

More so: I don’t know what I’m doing. 

Therefore: I’m rethinking what I’m doing. Now seems like a pretty good time to have an existential crisis.

Who am I? What am I doing?

Am I the bad guy?

Last week I had a solid grip on what was going on, how to handle the situation. I had several solid plans, and five strong warlords and their nations to back my agenda. I had a magical sphere that could stop a Great Spirit from coming back to life. If only I could remember where that went. 

Now, in the immediate moment, I have a headache post power nap. Naps are supposed to be empowering. A power nap even has the desired effect in the name: I take a quick nap to feel more powerful, and yet the most recent power nap turned into a pre-migraine nap. In a way I guess it’s only fair: I killed a Great Spirit and crushed its skull into some distant reality. Whee.

Go me.

Yay.

Why do I not feel successful? Maybe it the village, parked on the edge of my view, that continues to taunt me for not finishing the job.

If only I could find Kalmah, resurrect Mantax, form a new Carapar from whatever paste he apparently became, and get Takadox dragged back in chains. He’d probably like that. Get him dragged back in… well whatever. The point is I’m down four, basically five, of the strongest warlords I knew. And it’s not like I trust their lackeys to follow orders if I gave them anywhere near the same modicum of power.

But there is a power vacuum. Six kingdoms became two. And the two kingdoms are a junk pile of a dead city stuffed in the brain case of a dumb corpse. And someone else definitely wants to rule it. Yippee. At least I have my new friend to keep me entertained. She tells me all sorts of interesting things about matoran culture.

They apparently don’t molt when they become turaga. They just… shrink again. I never saw it happen, so I always hoped they molted like Ehlek’s kind.

I’m rambling… Where was I supposed to be?

Ah.

Yes.

My existential crisis.

Edited by Unreliable Narrator
  • Like 2

Happy chat.

IC: Knichou, Po-Koro Airspace, The Taku

Knichou and Whisper were joined by Triage, Nale, and eventually Stannis. Knichou ordered Berys to turn on autopilot and leave them. When the Le-Matoran left the bridge, Knichou pressed a button on his gauntlet to lock all entrances to the bridge. Everyone necessary was there: the captain, the first mate, the enigma, the monk, and the doctor. The patient was too weak to join, and perhaps Taja not being present allowed Whisper to be more frank about matters. The conference could begin.

"Well, everyone's here, let's get this started." Knichou began. "This is Whisper. I think one thing we should clarify first is what you are, Whisper. We're new to this world and haven't encountered your kind before."

OOC: @Nato the Traveler@EmperorWhenua@Tarn

Edited by BULiK

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC: Boss | The Wastes, Warskak Garage

The van intrigued him. There were few times Boss wished he had actual eyes. He wished he could wink at the van as it drove away. Not those in the van, but the van itself. What he saw as his vision drifted around the vicinity of the newly acquired garage intrigued him.

Then Barius approached. It seemed he thought the right moment to try and assert his power occured right after a public temper tantrum sputtered out. Boss needed another cup of coffee. 

“How loyal of you Barius. You don’t disappoint. For doing this service, I’ll let you ask Miserix a question.”

OOC: @Burnmad

Edited by Unreliable Narrator

Happy chat.

IC: Sala (Being crushed by Sorilax in Le-Metru Nui)

35 minutes ago, Kal the Guardian said:

Sorilax was lost in thought, staring at the simple railings on the elevator. Then Sala was there! “Huzzah!” Sorilax shouted, grin covering his face. He grabbed the Matoran by his shoulders in joy, “I was worried something had happened, fellow chronicler. Thank the stars you’re fine! BwaHaHaHa!” His laugh was deep and genuine.

With a sigh of relief, Sala was relived at Sorilax genuine joy at his return and not upset at him leaving against his wishes. "Thank goodness, I was most certainly not ready to handle the lecture that Sorilax most certainly has rehearsed before. Maybe I should tell him about what happened while I was gone." 

40 minutes ago, Kal the Guardian said:

Don’t tell anyone, but the yellow Fau berries can actually become quite deadly. Instead of dying over the course of a week, if you add ghekula saliva, a chemical reaction occurs and the poison kills near instantaneously! BwaHaHa! But don’t you worry about that, Sala. Once the ghekula saliva dries out, the poison becomes inert soon after. Decomposes quite quickly after that, actually. Very intriguing.

Sorilax paused, Sala probably thinking it was his turn to speak. Instead Sorilax continued, barely pausing as he relayed to Sala the adventure he had just returned from. From the acid rain to the Nui-Kopen to Evolis Kerhs to their desperate victory over the giant centipede to their journey home to their re purposing of the parts that made up the former giant insect. They had truly avenged the Matoran and Steltian they had lost. Sorilax and Torch had inspected the stomach and found the rest of their friends. Their remains had been buried with the rest of their bodies.

Standing there stock still, as Sorilax continued, Sala realized that now probably wasn't time to share his near death experience. Sala didn't want to spoil Sorilax's joyous mood, especially with all that has happened within the past few days. But that did explain the Ghekula, so that's nothing he had to ask. Great spirits, Sala could swear that Sorilax could read his mind, even if he's not aware of it.

45 minutes ago, Kal the Guardian said:

I want you to come with me on this mission as the ambassador of Le-Metru Nuva. Others from the giant head might not trust me, but you they will trust.” Sorilax leaned in conspiratorially, “Plus you can continue chronicling with me what transpired in your old universe.

"Wait, was he serious, him, and me, going on a journey beyond the swamp! This was the opportunity Sala was looking for." Stare straight up into Sorilax's faces, trying his best to make it past his waist. "Yes Sorilax, Yes! I'm willing to do whatever you need of me to get you fixed. I'm sure we could find a fe-matoran or even a fe-toa who could get you fixed up. And don't worry about the temple, at least this way you'll be able to learn more about us. Maybe you could even meet Turaga Sans." And with that, Sala was on his way, already trying to pack nearly twice as much supplies as he originally took, though making sure to remember to put back the two pots. He'll have to make sure to get another pot for the one he lost.

OOC: @Kal the Guardian Go ahead and continue with us leaving Le-Metru Nui as you see fit.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, BULiK said:

"Well, everyone's here, let's get this started." Knichou began. "This is Whisper. I think one thing we should clarify first is what you are, Whisper. We're new to this world and haven't encountered your kind before."

IC: Whisper - The Taku

"We are known as Aspects. Our kind have wandered these lands since long before the warskaks arrived." Of course, Whisper herself was barely a half-century old, so she knew nothing of that time beyond what she'd been told by the elder Aspects, or seen scrawled on the walls of long-ruined structures. "As I told your companion Taja, my kind can bestow power onto others by striking bargains with them, bargains that are sealed through a ritual. Taja and I made such a bargain."

OOC: @BULiK @Tarn @EmperorWhenua

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC Stannis | Taku

The old toa stood at the corner of the bridge, where he likewise had in the battle of Metru Nui, and listened to the proceedings. He bid his tongue, but his eyes studied Whisper carefully as though he saw more than just the floating mass that she was.

IC Yumiwak | Tactical Panda II

"Trust me: They're not," I declared as I strode up the gangplank with the mooring line on my shoulder. One of the sailors busied himself with foisting the plank and I quickly stepped aside to let the man do his work and tossed the bundle of rope neatly on the deck. "We're getting rid of that noxious cargo as soon as we can but not before we have what Kunok McGrokk promised. No Mata Nuian warrior, no delivery services, and until then we'll cover it in as much crud as it takes to make it bearable. And hey, if all else fails at least we have a biological weapon!"

The Tactical Panda II, or just Panda for short, was the last vestige of my ancestor's great realm and my prize possession. To me, the Panda was not just a ship but a rigging-laden crown that sustained the legacy I inherited. It was a single-masted yacht of the then-defunct Shibari class of battle sloops, the second and last of its kind, and manned by a crew of five (including me) and armed with just a single gun (but that was all it needed). Every inheritor before me added to the main ship with whatever technology was modern at the time, all in an effort to keep the ancient vessel as up-to-date and relevant as possible in an age when you always needed to be a bigger fish in some way. My addition was the supplementation of the aerial drive, enabling my pride and joy to lift off from the sea and soar into the air thanks to an uncanny setup of Levitation kanoka and thrusters powered by Kinetic Mask engine, letting it float off into the clouds like a great kite. It was not fast, but it was beautiful, and we'd already gone up into the air many times to appreciate the scenery and sheer quiet it afforded us.

To say the Panda put other ships—both of the air and sea varieties—to shame in its looks was a vast understatement. It was resplendent even in its relic state, and while the wooden boards and crystalline components were ancient in comparison to the vessels found elsewhere on Zakaz their sleek curves and gilded features were no more tarnished than my boots, testament to the Panda's ability to not only remain capable of defending itself as well as stay cared for by its owners. While it was admittedly a cumbersome vessel in the air, the Panda was quick on its keel in the water, agile to the 10th-widget and swift as a proto drake, and few things filled my heart with pride than the sensation of ocean spray as the yacht cut through waves like a fresh knife edge through an artery. 

That was the feeling I craved for, in part because it felt like progress to my first goal. Without tarry I placed the map Kunok gave me on a crate near the wheel at the stern and pulled my crew close to tell them the full story. "Alright, listen up! We're headed to three points, first to point one to find a powerful Mata Nui warrior, and then—should we succeed—to offload cargo with some of Kunok's trader contacts at point two. Finally, we'll come home. Our prize is big booty, specifically the warrior's, and the great honor of holding hostage someone who made a mess of a tribe of Mesi. Once it's out that we are powerful enough to take someone like that as a slave the other Riggers will have no choice but to acknowledge my strength... And that will reward for all of you, too.

"Oh yeeeeah, and a mysterious big gun when we get back."

large.hexmap.png.c62d1c2c1c40bf6b54ce27c1ae5a35d4.png

I looked around at my little warband, curious at their faces and gauging their enthusiasm for my newest adventure. "We good? Any questions?"

@pokemonlover360 @Tarn @Dane-gerous @Vezok's Friend

Edited by EmperorWhenua
  • Like 5

IC Kathrine of the Flame - The Taku:

"Alright then, see you later, I guess!" the young Toa of Fire called as he left, and then sat back, resting her weight on her hands behind her.

"....no one ever did tell me about that Pridak guy..." she mentioned idly to no one in particular.

OOC: OFI~

• Like 1

IC: Knichou, Po-Koro Aisrpace, The Taku

Knichou listened carefully to the Aspect's words, then responded.

"You said earlier that this particular ritual with Taja was similar to breaking a law of your kind - how so? What made this different from your usual bargains?"

Edited by BULiK

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC Stannis | Taku

Because she cheated, Stannis thought, mentally recounting what he saw inscribed on the walls of the temples in the Fau Swamp. How things had changed since the days they'd been written. But he remained quiet still, milling thoughts and memories as if they were shiny rocks. 

Edited by EmperorWhenua

"The ritual requires an exchange. Ordinarily, a being would offer up a still-beating heartlight, which is then turned into a creature called a kraata. The kraata bonds with the host and provides them with their new power." It felt strange, explaining the process without it being part of a pitch to coax someone into striking a bargain. 

"But I have long yearned to test the limits of these rules, and since you Toa seem to have qualms about taking lives, I instead offered to transform Taja's own heartlight."

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Knichou brought his hand up to his face for a moment as he imagined the horror of such a transformation occurring within Taja's body. Taja almost killed herself for this power. Adaptation, wasn't it? The one power Knichou knew how to give Taja without requiring her to sacrifice her heart...

"... Did Taja know that this wasn't the usual ritual?"

IC: Skorm (Retreating Convoy)

Alone.

Alone, again.

He gunned the ignition and mashed down the pedal. The Muaka took off, easily catching up to and overtaking the cargo hauler. He checked the batteries; fully charged, after whatever Karzahni-spawned lightshow Kei had done. Small mercies, he supposed. Skorm glanced back at the cargo hauler, which was growing smaller and smaller behind him. He eased up on the acceleration.

By all rights, Skorm felt he should be angry right now. He had nearly been killed, and the expedition was a disaster. Kei's little radiation stunt had nearly killed all of them, had poisoned the land, and endangered innocents, the last thing that Skorm wanted. But Skorm wasn't seething with anger because the one most in danger right now... was Keitara herself. He looked at where she had been sitting beside him riding out, now empty. Irna knew his past because of their shared history; Tekmo knew out of necessity. But Skorm had opened up to Keitara in a way he never had with anyone else.

She might die.

Skorm couldn't let that happen. He wouldn't let that happen. He powered though the pain, the fatigue, focusing on the route ahead, leading back to Metru-Koro. He broke out in another coughing fit. Once he was done, he spat a glob of organic material he had hacked up out the side of the vehicle. Some fearful chittering broke Skorm's concentration, and he glanced to the side to see IV coming out of the cargo compartment.

"I don't know, some sort of solar radiation. Kei's hurt bad. I would be passed out next to her, but I think I managed to shield myself most of it after the initial exposure. The blisters..." he winced as he picked at one of the burned pockmarks on the front of his armor, which he now realized had been the areas that Orm had left directly exposed to Kei when she started her sunburst, "... I think those are because it was Orm that took the blast so close. He was vulnerable, element-wise, like a Ta-Toa versus a Ko-Toa."

IV whirred somberly. Skorm looked at the fohrok-va. "Hey, buddy, I need you to do me a favor. If I start passing out on the drive back to Metru-Koro, I need you to wake me up. Pinch me, slap me, stab me if you have to, I need to make it back."

To Skorm, making choices regarding his own fate was new, but he had already decided. He was going to make it back. For his own sake, for Keitara's, and for everyone else in that cargo hauler.

OOC: @TL01 NUVA @Toru Nui @Snelly @Tarn @Conway @Burnmad

• Like 2

The times, they are a-changing...

"No. The last group of Toa I spoke with balked at the mere mention of hearts."

IC Leklo | Ice Suva

"Whoa—wait, hang on a moment," the swordsman exclaimed, suddenly latching on to something Sidra mentioned seemingly in passing. He froze midstep and looked away from the runelike carvings on the walls of the suva's interior. "Firstly, what happened to the turaga?

"And secondly, on that note... why did you say Dume's handiwork?"

• Like 1

IC: Sidra - Ice Suva Temple

"I didn't kill him, if that's what you're worried about," she replied, folding her arms, "We talked, I suggested he visit the refugee camps, and we went our separate ways. As for your other question..." she nodded towards the Suva, "...when you swap items, the Suva sort of takes inventory, states information about what's stored. That Akaku was apparently created by someone called Forgemaster Dume. I'd almost think it was a coincidence, except all of us have found our way here."

OOC: @Crimson Jester @EmperorWhenua

IC: Nale Vella and Triage - The Taku

Whisper confirmed the details she'd heard before of this...ritual. Nale found it interesting that the being had strangely respected the Toa Code to convince Taja to go through with it, even though Whisper hadn't been completely honest.

"...so you tricked her," Nale said quietly, almost like she didn't want the Aspect to hear. "She had no idea what she was getting into..."

"I'm assuming this ritual can't be reversed?" she asked.

The medic, meanwhile, wondered, Am I really supposed to be here?

But at the same time, he was learning more of what had happened. Could a healing ability...?

No, not his. But Iradra...

@BULiK@EmperorWhenua@Nato the Traveler

Edited by Tarn

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

"In the normal process, a kraata cannot be removed once bonded with the host. I don't know whether this particular ritual can be undone... nor do I understand why it would need to be reversed. Taja got the power she wished for, and more besides, without having to take the life of another."

Edited by Nato the Traveler

IC: Knichou, Po-Koro Airspace, Bridge of the Taku

Whisper withholding the risks from Taja was troubling. Knichou continued his questioning.

"What else does this 'kraata' do? It's a living creature right? Can it communicate with the host? Does it have any side effects beside granting powers?"

IC: Zsann - Zakaz, The Van

Just why those people had chosen to trust her, given how the local Skakdi were, was a mystery to Zsann. Not that she would complain, on the contrary, she decided she would hold up her end of the unspoken bargain, and look out for them.

With a sigh she also looked into the compartment, eventually coming up with a blanket that looked large enough to sleep under. She glanced over to Mega one last time to make sure the matoran was at least somewhat stable, then she also made herself as comfortable as possible before draping the blanket on top of herself.
Zsann would try to sleep. She just hoped she could.
What if they had made an enemy today?

OOC: @Dane-gerous @ZippyWharrgarbl

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)

"I think it would be... generous... to consider a kraata to be a living thing. It does not eat. It does not think. It does not need. It merely is." 

IC: Knichou, Po-Koro Airspace, Bridge of the Taku

"So - and correct me if I'm wrong here, Tri, you're the doc here - a kraata is effectively a heartlight transformed into a... new organ?"

Edited by BULiK

IC: Mega - Zakaz, The Van

Sure enough, before long Mega's heartlight slowed and she drifted into a long awaited snooze. The worries melted away, like snow in a delayed spring sun.

Zsann, if she was still awake, might notice the Matoran leaning against her gently for support. A recent friend, perhaps, but one the Fa-Matoran already greatly valued.

As was Yaushe. The only things she could hold onto.

OOC: @ZippyWharrgarbl @A-tak-nid

• Like 1

IC: Zsann - Zakaz, The Van.

Zsann was still awake when she felt the small nudge of Mega leaning on to her. The feeling helped calm down the buzzing thoughts in her mind a little. It would still take a while for her to fall asleep - a mixture of old habits and the effect of an eventful day.

Eventually she did start feeling a little tired. At that point, not even habit could keep her eyes open and she too fell asleep.

OOC: @Dane-gerous @ZippyWharrgarbl

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)

IC: Yaushe - Van Time

As her friends fell asleep in the back, Yaushe kept her eyes ahead, and occasionally up. There was something about the sky, she figured. She looked, and she traced the patterns of the clouds in her mind, and bits and pieces drifted into her head. Things like what wind patterns formed which clouds, what that meant... Thinking about it too long made her head spin a little.

At least they were away from that creepy guy who'd taken over Mega's workshop. While they were there, and despite the fact that he had no eyes, she couldn't shake the feeling that he was looking at her. Maybe not even just her van. She suppressed a shudder, lest she wake her passengers. Creepy.

Yaushe wasn't sure where they were going, but had figured "not there" was as good a direction as any. They could figure things out tomorrow.

• Like 2

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

IC: Tuakana | Metru-Koro

Their countenance did not change. The Toa's thinly veiled threat did not appear to trouble them. As if a young troublemaker could even scratch them...

Laughable.

But if they felt humour, they did not show it. Instead, they raised two long, pointed fingers. 

"One. You shall seek with me ... secrets of greater power. Power I will share with you... should we find it.

"Two. You shall not kill him. You will carry his life with you... until the sun falls from the sky... and the mountains blow in the wind. His life will be your life. His strength will be your strength. He will live on... in your form... and your name."

IC: Taja | Aboard the Taku

"Not much," Taja lied. She remembered almost everything, but she was ashamed to admit what she had done. "It said it was here to help. To give us power to defend our people."

She closed her eyes. "And I fell for it."

IC: Oreius | Stannis's Vault, Onu-Metru

Oreius laughed mirthlessly. Evidently, the room didn't impress him much. "About what I expected. Old books and dust. Stannis hasn't changed much."

• Like 1

IC: Iradra - The Taku

"Do you remember what it did to you? How it did it?" All the while asking her questions, Iradra's calm and soothing tone never once strayed into being acccusatory or judgmental.

@Eyru

IC: Okuo - Archives Depths

Okuo on the other hand was slackjawed as he gazed around the room in amazement.

"... Fascinating!"

He took a couple steps in before Hiripaki's offer registered to him. "Oh, uh, water will be good, thank you, but no peanuts. I'm allergic."

Okuo continued toward the table at the center, inspecting it with great interest. "Hiripaki, can you tell me what this table here is for?"

@EmperorWhenua

IC: Vent - Zakaz, The Tunnels

They crouched behind their new friend.

"...Prov, that thing that Zak had. What was it?" They whispered to Providence, keeping a tight hold on Rufus, who was remaining miraculously quiet

OOC: @Burnmad @Vezok's Friend @Snelly @Sparticus147

IC: Zai - Zakaz, Tactical Panda

Zai nodded, but it wasn't hard to discern that her feelings on the mission weren't particularly positive. "She shall be yours, my lady."

OOC: @pokemonlover360 @EmperorWhenua @Tarn

IC: Falh - Zakaz, Navu's Place

At this, the Toa looked surprised, but extremely intrigued. He could...keep Datrox alive? He wouldn't have to take his friend's life?

The idea was almost too good to be true. 

He had little interest in the things that Tuakana wanted, most likely, but if the power she required would also strengthen him...

"What must I do to Datrox?" He spoke, more softly. 

OOC: @Eyru @Toru Nui

Edited by Dane-gerous
  • Like 1

IC Kanohi - Po-Koro

Kanohi made his rounds, mending the huts and structures. As he went about he glanced after Arkius, he seemed to have vanished? Was he already underground? The kind of command over his element that would take…

A thought brushed against him, Arkius had been in the Archives with Nale during that massacre. He might know what had occurred then, and what had traumatized Nale so much. Though he still seemed unbothered, had he missed whatever had hurt Nale? Been elsewhere at the time?

Hey, Kanohi,” a Po-Matoran interrupted his thoughts, “mind helping us haul this caltrop?” Kanohi shook his head out of his daze, right, he should focus on helping the village. He grappled over and began to heave, working with the Matoran to slid the metal spikes across the rocky ground, 

Hey, You were working with Vakama, right? You know how to make a disk of shrinking? Might help us move these things.

Kanohi flinched at the Po-Matoran’s words, his heartlight beat elevating. Finally he managed to choke out, “I … I am no Vakama. My homeland did not have the knowledge of how to make disks, it was r-random what our masks would turn out to be. I think … I know some basics on disks of regeneration, and maybe I could manage to forge Kiril out of one, he tried to teach me how to do that when he made my staff, but I-I do not have the resources to make even those disks, let alone disks of shrinking.

Shame.” The Matoran fell silent as they kept skidding the caltrops around to the outside of the wall. Kanohi closed his eyes, hoping to the Kaita that it would give the village protection from the Skakdi, at least until the underground was built. 

IC Po-Koro

There he is.” The Av-Matoran pointed to a small field that had cut through the tan plain plains. In this field laid a few Mahi, their stomachs pull of the plants. A few Bo-Matoran were crouched in the weeds, plucking the plants and turning them over in their metal fingers, while a few Po-Matoran built a fence around it. And in the center a De-Matoran was pacing, each hand rubbing his forearms, his head low.

Nod twice if you need me to stand on guard for the village,” he said to Varah quietly, “I recharged the Lightstones yesterday, they should hold for now.” With the universe … dead, some Lightstones had started to flicker. Luckily the Av-Matoran could charge them with what light elemental energy they possessed, though given the Skakdi attack, it might make more sense to have them at the ready to use their element for battle.

OOC: @Onaku

Edited by Harvali

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

IC: Barius - The Scrapshop

Barius' grin faltered. He'd expected more of a reaction from the Boss-- he'd half expected the larger, older Skak to gut him on the spot. Or try, anyway.

But his grin returned in force when he heard the 'reward' he would be offered. He knew just what to ask of the Aspect that Boss had held captive all these years. It was so obvious, he couldn't help but wonder whether it was a trap.

But fortune favored the bold; if it was a trap, he would spring it, and win anyway.

"Very well. I graciously accept. How do I communicate with him?"

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator

IC: Providence - Mesi Tunnels

Providence sighed. "There's a lot to it, but... Essentially, it's called a Kraata. It's a sort of... symbiotic lifeform. It attaches to a humanoid being - such as yourself - and... links its own life to yours." To phrase it nicely. "But it also offers an ability, of sorts, in return. What kind of ability, depends on the type of Kraata in question."

Though he was speaking softly to Vent, the others could also just overhear him, if they strained their ears. "Ah, here we are," he said, louder. They had reached their destination, and Providence called some of the shadows back within himself, so they could see from their new vantage point.

OOC: @Dane-gerous @Snelly @Sparticus147 @Vezok's Friend

IC: Morangad - Cargo Hauler

The Tiokaha faltered as the vehicle jolted beneath him, beginning to move across the land far quicker than any living thing could. Unnatural...

He distracted himself by looking at the girl laid across the back seat. Based on the words - and thoughts - of the others, it seemed as if she was the one responsible for the event that had occurred back at the swamp. He looked at the large, reptilian being beside her, whose name seemed to be Irna. "May I ask what happened back there?"

OOC: @Conway @TL01 NUVA @Toru Nui @Tarn @Keeper of Kraata

Edited by Burnmad
  • Like 3