Six Kingdoms: Rebirth - Gameplay

Unreliable Narrator

9 hours ago, Onaku said:

IC: Okuo - Archives Depths

Okuo exhaled a long, exasperated sigh. "You're doing this on purpose, aren't you?" The young toa knocked lightly on the table. "Tell me about the table and its functions. Please."

IC Hiripaki | Archives

A mini fridge door opened from the wall to reveal a selection of water bottles. "Toa Okuo, Scavenger of Metru Nui, I can assure you I very much am:notify:" the voice said in response. "I am a literal artificial intelligence in every sense of the word and I am bound by my programming and do what I am instructed, within my parameters, as intended by my Creators. And I shall gladly respond to your inquiry. 

"It is a holocomputer, the visual hub of all of Stannis' lore-seeking and memories in the Universe. It contains one-million-twenty-three-thousand-four-hundred-and-fifty-seven separate  encyclopedic entries, each with a complement of a video diary and holographic sequence of the subject matter. This is where Toa Stannis of the Maru stores the knowledge of the world. Curiously, Toa Oreius has several entries in which he is mentioned, but Toa Okuo does not. :notsure:"

6 hours ago, pokemonlover360 said:

IC Ysocla Naenoic - Tactical Panda II:

The indigo skakdi drummed on the tip of her cane as she looked over the map. If this warrior is as strong as they say, it’s going to be a hassle capturing them, she thought. With Lady Yumiwak’s... strong personality, I don’t know if they’ll come willingly.

Lady Yumiwak,” she began, “Do we have any plan to capture said warrior once we’ve located them?

IC Yumiwak | The Panda II

"Not yeeeet," I said. They were right to question the plan; freedom of thought meant freedom to ask me about anything, including me. Was I often cruel? Yes. Was I marauderous? Definitely. But was I also fair to my wards? Absolutely. To be both feared and loved by my followers was my earnest desire and my bloodlust was tempered by my willingness to hear my clan out. But that didn't mean I didn't have fun teasing them all the while.

"I am not overly concerned because we have a few advantages the Mesi did not have, though: Surprise, a bigger gun... and an airship. And if what Kunok's story rings true"—and it rarely didn't—"the warrior is deprived of her main weaponry and reserves of strength. We can ascertain her weaknesses more closely when we find her.

6 hours ago, Nato the Traveler said:

IC: Whisper - The Taku

IC Stannis | The Taku

The Wanderer still remained mummed, though he drummed his fingers on the bulwark in uncharacteristic disdain for the proceedings. It was clear the old man had some thoughts, and yet wisely refrained from speaking. Perhaps it was for the best just as well—none in the room were aware of the man's knowledge... or of his prejudices. 

• Like 1

OOC: Mega... bunnied? Woken up? with permission from Dane

IC: Yaushe - Van Time

The hours passed. Yaushe wished her radio wasn't busted. She kept on...

~

Mega would wake up to an odd noise, like a chuffing or wheezing. It would also strike her that the van had stopped, but there was no noise outside to indicate they'd reached some kind of settlement. Just the noise.

Chuff. Wheeze. Chuff. Wheeze. Chuff... Wheeeeeeeeeeeze.

OOC: @Dane-gerous

Edited by ZippyWharrgarbl
  • Like 1

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

IC: Mega - Zakaz, The Van

The Fa-Matoran's eyes inched themselves open, as she lifted her head from Zsann's shoulder for the moment. Getting snug up to a Skakdi shouldn't really have been as relaxing as it had been.

Eyes still baggy under her Ruru, she looked to Yaushe, beginning to get a little worried. 

That sound.

Even in her still-exhausted state, she knew something wasn't right with the van. It almost sounded like Yaushe was...panting?

Was Yaushe okay? Was she out of fuel, maybe?

"...Yaushe? Ya doin' okay, darlin'?" Mega asked. 

OOC: @ZippyWharrgarbl @A-tak-nid

Edited by Dane-gerous

"Just... catching my... breath," Yaushe replied wearily. "I guess... old habits... die hard, huh?"

She sleepily chuckled at her own stupid joke. "I'll get us... going... in a sec. Don't worry."

OOC: @Dane-gerous

• Like 1

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

She rubbed her eyes, shifting but being careful not to wake Zsann, who was beginning to sprawl out under the blanket a little.

"...You need me to give you a good lookover? I got half a jerry can with your name on it." Mega smiled, but felt a little guilty. Yaushe had carried them all this way.

OOC: @ZippyWharrgarbl @A-tak-nid

• Like 1

"No no, uh. I'm good." The noise was dying down, at least. "Nothing's broken, it's just my tank. I can run on an empty tank for a while, no problem."

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Nato the Traveler said:

"I came because it's new. Because you're new. This wasteland has been following the same savage cycles for centuries on end, but the arrival of all of you heralds change. And that inspired me to make a change of my own, to try something different."

IC: Knichou, Po-Koro Airspace, Bridge of the Taku

Knichou looked around the room. He was running out of questions. Nale was standing awkwardly by his side, Triage was lost in thought, probably trying to remember if he had anything in his satchel that would help Taja. Knichou couldn't discern anything about Whisper from her appearance. For all he knew she was looking right at him, waiting for a response. Stannis was against the wall, silently observing the encounter. Knichou had hoped the old man had some wisdom on these matters, but it looked like either Stannis was waiting for the right opportunity to speak his mind or the old man was refraining his comments until after Whisper left.

Knichou wished Taja had recovered enough to join them. Knichou wanted to scold the aspect for putting his crew in danger, but he also did not want to make too harsh a judgement in Taja's absence. Taja had made her choice, and Knichou did not know if she had regrets or hatred for Whisper, since that was Taja's decision to make, not Knichou's.

"So what's your plan now? Leave Taja here so you can find someone new for your experiments? Are you or your kin trying to influence the upcoming war?"

Edited by BULiK

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

4 minutes ago, BULiK said:

"So what's your plan now? Leave Taja here so you can find someone new for your experiments? Are you or your kin trying to influence the upcoming war?"

"Leave her? No... no. I think not. Somehow, I've made one of you more like me. I wish to learn more. And I-" she broke off, unwilling to admit she was starting to feel a measure of responsibility towards the Toa. When she'd first performed the desecration, she hadn't known the Toa's name or cared about what became of her, but now things were... different. She felt something, and she didn't like it. 

"As for your other question, you're mistaken if you think there is any collaboration among my kind. We are individuals, each pursuing our own goals. Some may be trying to capitalise on this conflict, as I did, but I doubt the intricacies of your war are of any interest to my kin." 

• Like 1

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

So Whisper hadn't quite gone rogue, there was no government among the Aspects. One less organized enemy to worry about. As long as the Metruans didn't provoke the majority of the Aspects, perhaps they would only need to worry about the league fortress to the West and the lawless raiders to the East. The odds were still overwhelming, but it was nice to have one less foe to worry about.

"I... don't think I have any more questions to ask until Taja is healthy enough to talk to us. As many worries as I may have about this matter, we cannot speak for her."

Knichou sighed.

"Is there anything else that any of you want to say in confidence here before we go back out to address everyone else?"

Edited by BULiK

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

"Toa energy's a different thing. This is just elemental, it recharges. It's fine."

A pause.

"I'd... rather not deal with refilling right now. Tastes gross, for one. For two... it feels... eugh. And I don't think there's much I can transfer into out here. I can hold out 'til we reach a settlement."

• Like 1

IC: Ostrox (The Coliseum, Throne Room)

Following the receptionist's instructions, Ostrox and Zaliyah entered Pridak's throne room on the uppermost floor. He decided he'd let Zaliyah speak first. It was her mission, after all.

@Unreliable Narrator@Nato the Traveler

IC: Tekmo and Waveahk (Wilderness, Cargo Hauler)

"...Maybe." Tekmo didn't actually think this was a 'maybe', he thought it was more of a 'no, of course not, that's ridiculous', but he thought against saying that out loud.

Meanwhile, Waveahk's frustrations with Skyra were reaching critical mass, and as such he mockingly pretended to look out the window to answer her question. "Hmm. Let me see... no."

@Burnmad@Snelly@Tarn@Conway@Keeper of Kraata@TL01 NUVA

IC: Zaliyah - The Coliseum

The pair found Pridak introspecting on his throne when they arrived.

"Lord Pridak," Zaliyah sunk to one crooked knee, bowing her head before the Barraki, "The peace mission went exactly as you predicted." 

• Like 1

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Barius - Scrapshop

Good. The horrible screeching was done. Now he just needed to make sure that the Toa couldn't use that trick of his again.

He strode forward, aiming to step one foot on Reson's chest, before raising the haft of the spear up once more, pausing briefly to catch his breath, and then bringing it down with thunderous force toward his opponent's troublesome mask.

OOC: @Nato the Traveler

Edited by Burnmad

IC: Reson - Scrapshop

He flailed up one of his arms to block the blow, something in his wrist cracking painfully as the blow made impact. Groaning, he rolled aside and scrambled upright, swinging a quick punch at the warskak's face with his uninjured hand. 

@Burnmad

Yaushe made a quiet groaning noise as she considered this. "I... I guess it's better than the fuel. Not by much, but... Okay. Fine. But don't take too long, okay? And make sure the safety's on. I don't wanna shoot either of you- or my van- while trying to get a feel for things."

@Dane-gerous

The Skak's own hand shot up, and caught the punch. It hurt a bit, but thick as his skin was - and tired as his opponent was - it wasn't particularly hard to do.

Yanking the Toa forward, he shot out his own fist to meet his approaching face.

IC: Reson - Scrapshop Showdown

The doomed De-Toa didn't have time to cry out, or come up with countermove. All he managed was to turn his head, letting the blow strike the side of his skull instead of shoving his nose into the back of his skull. 

Reson's world flared red and white, before fading to black as he fell-

-into the scum-ridden, silty waters of a swamp he'd never seen before.

Viscous liquid lapped at his legs and arms as he took in the world unfamiliar surrounds. Tangled trees rose up around him, casting ragged, shadowy silhouettes against a stormy sky. Daggers of debris and detritus drifted through the air, stinging his skin. 

A maelstrom of mud and muck raged before him, a whirlwind of water whipped up by a Toa of Air barely visible in the centre of the storm. A Toa of Fire stood opposite them, their flames fanned to fervent ferocity by the raging winds. The two were embroiled in a deadly duel, dancing and darting at one another, sparks flying as their weapons struck again and again, and then-

-Reson found himself sprawled in the sand, his mouth bloody from where his dislodged mask had split his lip. A pained laugh escaped his lips at the irony. It was a vision that had led him to this moment to begin with, and now the wretched Mask taunted him with another.

But there was nothing he could do to prevent this future, for he knew he would not live to see it.

@Burnmad

Edited by Nato the Traveler
  • Like 1

She took her rifle, ejecting the mag and round loaded in the chamber, gently putting the bullet back into the ejected magazine. 

"No safety, so unloaded'll have to do, darlin'. Don't you worry, I'll take care of you, alright? You sure did to me."

And with that, the Fa-Matoran opened the rear doors, stepping out with her half-full jerry can and standing outside, by the fuel cap.

Awkwardly, she tapped the van with her rifle barrel, unsure of how this might work.

It was time to finish this.

Barius stepped forward, standing beside the exhausted, bloodied Toa that lay on the ground. Bending over, he slid his hands beneath Reson's prone form, scooping him up like a mere babe, albeit with vastly different intentions.

The Toa's mask grew even more distant from him, empty eye holes staring up at him from where the Kanohi had landed in the sand, seemingly mocking his fate.

Holding his defeated opponent up over his head, Barius smiled through the pain of his own injuries, turning a full rotation, to give everyone in the cheering crowd a good view of his victory. Building anticipation for what was to come next.

Bringing the Toa's body down, he brought his knee up, colliding into Reson's spine with a sickening crunch! The force was enough to send a jolt of pain lancing through Barius' leg. He could only imagine what it felt like to be on the receiving end.

Edited by Burnmad

IC: Yaushe - Gun Time

Yaushe had transferred before with Mega, but it had been into a bike in her workshop while she replaced her van's tires. From Mega's expression, she was guessing that picturing a jump from one vehicle to another made more sense in Mega's mind, which was fair. "Hold it steady a second."

Yaushe pulled, and the tethers that held her in the van, her van, her home, her safe place, reluctantly wound away. It was cold as she leapt, arms- arms?- outstretched, passing into her new vessel, her spirit twisting and contorting to fit her new home. To Mega, it was an instant, punctuated by a tiny spark of static passing from the van to her gun.

The ghostly spirit of Toa Yaushe shifted uncomfortably in her much smaller environment, but the feeling soon settled. And, with that,  Yaushe was now a gun.

"All right, I'm in," she whirred and chkked, her voice different in the new vessel, too. "Have you cleaned this thing recently? It's kind of gross in here."

• Like 2

"Yeah, I was plannin' on givin' it a good clean once I got back to..." She trailed off. "Yeah. Anyhow, sit tight. Ain't gonna take me two minutes."

Mega gently leaned the gun against the van before opening the fuel cap of Yaushe's former vessel and even more gently began to pour the fuel.

"You okay in there?"

IC: Reson Ance - I was wondering what would break first...

He was barely aware of his impending end, having turned what little power remained to him inwards, silencing the sounds of the warskaks spectating his slaughter. 

In that moment of serenity, all he felt was resignation, and disappointment. He'd come so far, done so much, guided by that mask now leering up at him. He thought there'd been a plan, a purpose, behind it all. He thought the Great Spirit was making him atone for his mistakes, that if he prevented enough disastrous futures he'd finally have a peaceful one to look forward to.  

But here he was, his mercy, his sacrifice, having sealed his fate. His destiny was to die, a sacrifice serving only to make some savage skakdi more powerful. 

He felt movement, a horrific splitting pain, so unfathomably agonising that he couldn't even scream, just gasp in excruciating silence. His body folded like a snapped branch over the skakdi's upraised knee, globules of glistening crimson cascading down his back and pooling into the sand, spattering the accursed Olisi. 

In his final moments, Reson knew he'd wasted his life.

There was no plan.

There was no purpose.

There was no Great Spirit. 

And then, his broken body finally gave up, and there was no Reson. 

• Like 7

IC: Yaushe - Gun Time

"Yeah. Not much to play with in a gun, as it turns out." Dang, she really shouldn't have brought up the cleaning thing. "How are you holding up?"

IC: Sala (Le-Metru Nuva)

16 hours ago, Kal the Guardian said:

For your safety and also my convenience, I ask that you would pilot this for me. I’m afraid it might damage my body if I were to pilot it myself.

Suddenly caught on the idea of ACRs, Sorilax continued, “Intriguing fact, actually. Normal Advanced Combat Rigs require neural implants, but the Skakdi that built my rig were forced to build the technology right into my ACR seeing as I have no mechanical brain to implant into. Of course this cost me much more money, but I see it was worth it now with how all of you can pilot it!

Pondering the more technical aspects of his ACR left Sorilax silent for a few minutes. A nearby Matoran noticed the pondering silence as Sorilax stroked his chin with a Shadow hand and quickly moved along, not wanting to get caught up in another discussion instead of working to keep the community safe. The villagers were starting to understand Sorilax. The Aspect was about to launch into an exhaustive lecture on something. Indeed, Sorilax was mentally making notes on the minute differences between having a body built to be like other beings and having an ACR built. And that wasn’t even touching on the elemental dampeners. Now was the perfect time for Sala to interject and get them both moving forward.

A giddy look of excitement swept across Sala's face as Sorilax told him that he was going to have the opportunity to pilot the ACR, "What! I'm going to be able to pilot Sorilax's ACR, this is amazing." This look briefly faltered as Sorilax continued with his lecture, and as much as Sala would love to hear it, he knew that they weren't going to get anywhere like this.

"Hey Sorilax, I would love to hear more about the intricacies of an ACR as much as the next matoran, but if we're going to make it to Metru-Koro to get you fixed we should keep the lecture to the essentials and you can tell me the rest on the way." Getting assistance from Sorilax, with the minimal amount of interjected knowledge (at least for Sorilax), Sala finally got himself set up inside of the rig.

Although the ACR was most certainly not built for matoran in mind, Sala knew that it only will take him a few hours to grow accustomed to the controls of the mech. Sala noted that the craftmanship was impeccable for what was apparently made by skakdi hands, and the genuine sense of power that Sala felt being inside of the thing, he wondered how anything in this swamp could have compared to it.

OOC: @Kal the Guardian

IC: Zak-Yak (Scared out of his mind in the Mesi Tunnels)

15 hours ago, Vezok's Friend said:

The first thing that struck Providence as he poked his head out from behind the edge of the tunnel exit was the sheer number of beings in the cavern below. The congregation was gathered around something in the middle of the cavern, lit torches spread among the crowd casting dancing, stark shadows that obfuscated their true number. There were dozens of them - maybe even a hundred. It was hard to tell in this light.

The shaman took the blindfold, now red and soaked, and raised it to his face and fastened it behind his head. The blood immediately began to run down his empty eye sockets and cheeks. Combined with the torch light the appearance was monstrous. He raised his arms and he spoke in the Mesi tongue: “Spiriah, you are our light, take these offerings and help us see!”

As Zak-Yak looked into the chamber along with his compatriots, a palpable sense of dread filled Zak-Yak to his core. The sheer number of mesi was one thing, but what was happening before him was the most harrowing sight. Zak-Yak in his time of slavery had seen many rituals like this before, a few of them he was nearly used as a sacrifice himself if he didn't have his powers to thank for escaping from his fate.

But Spiriah, that was a name Zak-Yak feared and dreaded like no other. The wrathful shadow, the fallen blood, the vengeful ancient; Spiriah was what Zak-Yak reckoned to be an aspect, similar yet altogether separate from its fellows, an aspect whose nature mirrored that of the twisted, grotesque mesi, and one that should not be angered...

15 hours ago, Snelly said:

Now Varian, being an Exo-Toa, a machine, one would not expect something like the scene before him to bother him. But nothing could be farther from the truth, in fact his body made mechanical whirls as his body shook with a silent rage. He wasn't sure why, but something about the scene before him angered him deeply. 

Without much thought being put into, Varian aimed his electro-rocket and fired it at the shaman below. "You heathenish curs will die like the scum that you are!" 

Varian leap down, his massive body looming towards the Mesi as he prepared to extend his boxing glove at a moments notice. 

...That's why Zak-Yak was filled with such shock and surprise when he saw his master attack the shaman overseeing the procession occurring before him, seemingly killing the shaman over by the altar with a singular shot. "Oh no! How did this happen, Master and Zak-Yak were being super duper sneaky, did Zak-Yak fail to keep master sneaky like him, Zak-Yak must have failed or else master would have not hit shaman. No, No, No." 

Zak-Yak didn't know whether or not they all could handle this many mesi. As far as he knew, Providence and Vent would most likely be overwhelm and torn apart near instantly. Master on the other hand might survive, but Zak-Yak was immensely fearful for his master's safety; and that fear allowed Zak-Yak to overcome the fear of Spiriah and death that would come from defying them.

Skirting forward into the chamber towards the alter, hoping that the muffled sound of his ethereal footsteps would not alert any nearby mesi, Zak-Yak approached the dead shaman, returning to a physical state. Grabbing the bloodied swathe of clothe placed over the shamans face, Zak-Yak tore it free, waving it into the air to catch the attention of the accompanying mesi. "Listen mesi, here comes great and mighty aspect, hailing from world of light. Hail to great aspect master or suffer their wrath."

Zak-Yak knew that this was not likely to work, but he knew it might cause a good enough of a distraction to by them some time. Distraction? Time? For what? Zak-Yak didn't know, all he knew was that they were in a bad, a very bad situation.

OOC: @Vezok's Friend @Snelly @Burnmad @Dane-gerous

• Like 1

IC: Zsann - Zakaz, The Van

Back in the van, Zsann's posture had continued to sprawl out until she lost her balance and toppled over. Her head colliding with the van floor woke her up, and she shot up with a short, annoyed growl. Disoriented, she blinked a few times and loked around until it all came back to her - the recent events, and how she ended up in a van.

Unaware of the time of day or how long she had slept, she noticed that the van had stopped. The Skakdi stretched, and decided to climb outside to see what was going on.

OOC: @Dane-gerous @ZippyWharrgarbl

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)

IC: Mega - Zakaz, Refilling The Van

"I'm uh..."

She was about to continue, but turned when she heard a loud crash and the van rumbling, followed by a disgruntled looking Fa-Skakdi. Zsann had woken up, then.

Mega smiled at her newest friend, patting the van as put the cap back on the jerry can and closed the fuel cap on the van, the fuel having been filled. "Howdy, sweetie. You rest good?"

OOC: @A-tak-nid @ZippyWharrgarbl

IC: Zai - Zakaz, Tactical Panda

She was going to be left behind. She needed to prove herself, establish her rightful place over Korio and especially this new warrior. She had to make a play, she was Yumiwak's trusted lieutenant and enforcer. 

Zai took a deep breath, neurotic eyes going straight to Yumiwak's as she mustered confidence.

"My lady, might I make a request?" 

OOC: @EmperorWhenua @Tarn @pokemonlover360

• Like 1

IC Kanohi - Po- Koro

Kanohi scrambled through Po-Koro, confused and concerned. Two Toa may be dying somewhere in the southern jungles. Or maybe they will be dying. He needed to contact someone, warn them. But he couldn’t just abandon Po-Koro. Not again.

Finally he stumbled upon a Po-Matoran staring at the field. Varah. Maybe she had the free time to help. “Listen,” he managed as he ran up to her, “I can’t explain it exactly, but I had a vision. There are two a Toa, one red and one green, dying in a jungle. I … I don’t know what we should—

You had a vision?” The De-Matoran in the field asked, rushing over to the edge of the fence. Bode, his name was, “h-how?

Kanohi swallowed, “I-I know it sounds unbelievable. I-I don’t know how I get these visions, I-I had my first vision right before the League invaded Metru-Nui, then there was one during the invasion. V-Vakama had visions too, he saw the second with me. At the time I thought I was hearing Mata-Nui’s thoughts but … if I have one a-after everything that happened.” He trailed off, his foot swirling against the dusty ground nervously.

”…And these visions, what were they like?” Bode was urgent, frantic.

Um, well the first was of about three islands off the southern coast of a landmass, and the three islands were flooding rapidly, and there was a red banner that hit me in the face,” Kanohi’s hands wiggled with unease. He … he did not speak of the visions out loud to most people, he rarely direct spoke about it with Vakama. “The second was … Mata-Nui’s head ripping off from a point of view outside his body. That happened as the tremors hit. The third was … well the two dying Toa. Listen, I … it’s silly I know, maybe it means nothing, but … if there are two Toa dying, we should do something!

OOC: @Onaku

IC Bode - Po-Koro

Bode looked at Kanohi, curiosity briefly overriding his guilt. The Fe-Matoran could not have made a pact with Ulkarr if he had his first vision in the old universe. He didn’t seem the type to lie, or at least lie well, and he didn’t seem the type to kill. But Bode won’t have either once. Would he? He … Bode’s memories were fuzzy.

Ultimately Bode did not know the answers … but Ulkarr would. Bode focused trying to connect his mind to Ulkarr. “T-Toa Ulkarr. Did … did Kanohi do the ritual with you? He says he’s had visions, is that a power the ritual can give? He says he had his first two visions before he came to Zakaz, a-and the first one was of a chain of islands south of a larger landmass? And the islets were flooding?

OOC: @Toru Nui you can decide if Ulkarr realizes right now that the flooding archipelago might be the islets where the Aspects come from. 

IC “Collector” - Ruined Fort

Hello, Toa Vashni,” Collector nodded at the Toa as she walked up, “I was thinking of some of us investigating this fort more thoroughly, just in case there are any tools or maps we might be able to use on our journey.”

OOC: @pokemonlover360 @Onaku @Snelly @Tarn

• Like 1

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

IC: Zai - Zakaz, Tactical Panda II

"Allow me to be the one to bring her in. I am strong enough, far stronger than any lowly Mesi and I know I am ready. I will make this warrior bend to your will, as your hand." Zai asked, trying her best not to sound desperate.

Whether the Ta-Skakdi was desperate or deluded was another story entirely. But she had to make up for her previous shame at the hands of her fellow lieutenant, and yet again remind Yumiwak of her worth as her trusted enforcer.

OOC: @EmperorWhenua @Tarn @pokemonlover360

IC: Providence - Mesi Tunnels

Oh, jeez. Everyone had spilled into the chamber at the drop of a hat.

Providence followed them in, bathing the area around the blue-armored sacrifice-to-be in shadow, tendrils of the element wrapping around his aggressors and trying to pull them away from him.

OOC: @Dane-gerous @Snelly @Sparticus147 @Vezok's Friend

IC: Morangad - Cargo Hauler

Morangad looked out the windscreen of the cargo hauler, seeing the settlement crest the horizon. Oh, how he dreaded these next few hours...

"Would you please stop this contraption and allow me to disembark before we are fully amidst your village?" He asked Waveahk, who seemed to be in charge. "I am sensitive to large groups of people. I could not stand entering the settlement proper."

OOC: @Toru Nui @Keeper of Kraata @Tarn @Conway @TL01 NUVA

• Like 2

IC: Ulkarr (Telepathic Link)

No. Visions of the future are not one of the powers available through the ritual. If these precognitive abilities are genuine and not what I believe is termed 'madness', then I have reason for concern. My people inhabit what is known as 'the Kumu Islets', which can accurately be described as 'a chain of islands south of a larger landmass'. I implore you to inquire further.

@Harvali

IC: Waveahk (Wilderness, Cargo Hauler)

"An unnecessary complication, but very well."

@Burnmad@Conway@Keeper of Kraata@Tarn@Snelly@TL01 NUVA

IC: Irna | Waveahk's Hauler

"It may not be a bad idea, Waveahk," Irna said, bracing herself against the back of the driver's seat, wiping sweat from her brow with the back of her arm. "We don't know if this condition may be contagious or not. Perhaps only one of us should go into the village to find help, and limit the risk of exposure."

OOC: @Toru Nui

IC: Parnassus | Mega's Scrapshop

Parnassus barked out a hard, harsh laugh as Barius brought the prisoner down on his knee. It was a shame, of course -- the Aspect had felt that they were close to establishing a rapport to this Reson individual -- but a necessary one for their purposes. And it was a fine, fine showing from the warskak. A tribute worthy of Parnassus.

Now, to wait for the heartlight....

OOC: @Burnmad

-Void

• Like 1

[ BZPRPG ]

Barius took a solid 5 seconds to catch his breath and admire his handiwork, looking down on the broken body before him. He knew it was real, this time.

But the heartlight wouldn't keep beating forever. He walked over to where the knife was still sticking up out of the sand, grabbed it, and then returned to the body, in order to perform the grisly task at hand.

Some moments later, he stood before the Aspect he'd wagered with. If Miserix had answered his verbal question at all, then Barius could not decipher it, so he defaulted to the request that he had already been planning:

"I wish to strike fear into the hearts of my enemies, boogeyman. Can you do that for me?"

OOC: @Conway

• Like 1

IC: Skorm (Metru-Koro)

The Twi-Toa felt like his insides were on fire and melting at the same time, and his head felt like it was going to burst though his mask. The Muaka screeched to a halt, not far from where he had parked only yesterday. He had beat the cargo hauler back to the refugee village; to Skorm, that meant he had to get help before everyone else arrived.

Skorm fumbled with the door, eventually managing to push it open, and he stumbled out, struggling to breathe. "Medic..." he wheezed.

"Medic!"

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

The times, they are a-changing...

IC: Parnassus | Mega's Scrapshop

Parnassus took the heartlight in hand. It was still warm, the light within still flashing weakly. They squeezed it, harder and harder, as shadows weaved out from the Aspect's hand, swirling around and around the heartlight until it was shrouded in darkness. And then -- the shadows were gone, the heartlight with them. The Aspect smiled, and they stood up, looking straight into Barius' eyes. Their own suddenly seemed as deep and as dark as the hearts of dead stars.

"Before we begin, there is something you must remember," they said. "The name of your god is Parnassus."

It was then that Barius noticed the shadows that swirled around Parnassus' head.

"Goodbye," the Aspect said, and their voice was no longer playful, no longer casual. It was a voice like the tolling of bells upon a high and imperious tower. "Hello."

The shadows danced and whirled above Parnassus' head, a circlet, a crown, a halo above them. Black tendrils whipped and frothed behind the Aspect, slowly knitting themselves together. Wings, one warskak thought gazing upon those black shapes. Two wings, four wings, wings, wings, wings--

"Step forth into the darkness and prepare the gift," they intoned. Something began to glow inside Parnassus' chest. Their armour steamed and sizzled, like the porcelain surface of kettle, overheating. "A star's heart still beating, still lit."

They raised one hand up to their breast. They stepped towards Barius, and they laid their other hand upon his shoulder.

"Two midnight horrors cry and shift," they said. "Make them squirm inside the pit."

Suddenly, Barius felt himself pushed down to his knees with a force unexpected from Parnassus' slight figure. But it was then that he would have remembered: an Aspect wasn't a physical figure. They were naught but pure will, held together in a suit of armour. And Parnassus' will, in that very moment? It was strong. Strong enough to, with one hand, reach into their chest, their armour bending around their fist, and pull out ... something.

"Bind worm and willing host," they said, raising the wriggling thing high in the air.

"Tear the yolk and spread the gold." They brought it down on Barius' back.

"Devour knowledge and their ghost." Parnassus' words seemed to echo in the air, across the desert, into the very sky itself.

"Pray for prey forever sold."

Parnassus let go of Barius.

"Hello."

The shadows seemed to shrink back. The day suddenly seemed brighter.

"Goodbye."

And Parnassus, without crown or wings or shadows, knelt down before Barius, and held his face in their hands.

"Tell me, Barius," they whispered. "What is the name of your god?"

OOC: That's one kraata of fear for you, @Burnmad! A minor autohit to force Barius on his knees, just for flavour -- if you're not cool with that, I'm happy to change it!

-Void

• Like 5

[ BZPRPG ]

Barius breathed in deeply, relishing the surge of power that accompanied the attachment of his second Kraata. Honestly, he didn't hear most of the ritual spoken by Parnassus; his ears were still ringing. As the desecration finished and the Aspect asked his question, Barius was distracted for some seconds from answering, as he was struck with the troubling realization that the hearing in his left ear wasn't returning.

But he suppressed his surprise, and after a brief delay, shook Parn's hands off his face, rising to his full height. "I have no god," he proclaimed, loud enough for everyone to hear.

OOC: @Conway

• Like 2

"Van's was outta gas. Poor Yaushe was pushing it along all by her lonesome." She opened the back doors of the van again, sliding the empty jerry can under the seat again. "But we're all good now, ain't we?" She managed a grin.

"Ya'll had a think about where you wanna be goin'? Cause uh...I got no clue myself, personally." Mega laughed, covering up the complete loss of objective she felt.