Six Kingdoms: Rebirth - Gameplay

Unreliable Narrator

IC: Tekmo and Waveahk (Northern Desert, Cargo Hauler)

"Well, Skorm accelerated ahead of us, so he'll no doubt warn them ahead of time. But, I suppose we should be cautious about this. Let's see... inherent racism in the system will discourage them from you or me, Keitara is the plague carrier and also unconscious, Rose and Skyra I wouldn't trust to hold an ice cream cone, let alone convey important information, so that just leaves... urgh." Waveahk rested his hand in his palm.

"It is the obvious choice." Tekmo rose from his seat, looking triumphant in spite of looking like death warmed over. "After all, as our resident expert on the sciences -"

"Since when?"

"Since always - I will be able to answer any questions the medics might have pertaining to the specifics of this infection. I will, of course, instruct them to heal all of you first, naturally."

"Perhaps it would be better to just let this illness consume me..."

@Conway@TL01 NUVA@Tarn@Snelly@Burnmad

IC Kanohi - Po-Koro

Bode spoke suddenly, “K-Kanohi, these … visions you see, I saw some maps of the south of Zakaz once, do … can you draw those islands?

Kanohi hesitated, if … if there was confirmation that two of his visions were true, then they would know if these Toa were indeed in danger. And … if Toa were in danger … he swallowed and said “I … I can try?

He placed one of his disks on the ground and lifted up a pile of dust, dumping the dust on it. He then began to trace his fingers through the dust, hesitating every so often to refer back the vision that haunted his head.

But this was not precise like when Toa Vashni plucked the fresh memory from his head, he struggled to remember the exact details. And the dust was difficult to shape, it kept rolling back under the faint breeze. And with each delay cost by the dust shifting, he questioned his memory more and more.

Finally he pulled back and managed, “I-I think this is right? I … a Toa of Psionics could probably pull the information from my head better. I … I do not know if it matters, but the islands had villages made up of small huts, they were smashed by the flooding.

The image he drew in the disk looked vaguely like this.

image.png.c1c677c2d41a33fb13957b2c16465ab1.png

OOC: @Onaku

IC Bode - Po-Koro

Bode of course knew nothing of the geologic layout of the south of Zakaz. The north and the west was partly mapped by the Po-Koro scouts, but the south? As far as the Matoran knew, it ended in a swamp. But Ulkarr should know. And if this was relevant to the Toa, Bode … Bode trusted him. He had to, just as he could no longer trusted himself.

The issue was he could not just transmit an image. He had to describe it. So, his full will focusing on the image, Bode described the rough image of the islands to Ulkarr, starting with the number of islands he could see and the rough design of the big island and the peninsula.

I can … I think I see sixty islands, it’s hard to tell. They are coming off a peninsula that has three segments of different width, each segment progressively thins out as it approaches the island chain. So the second segment is bigger than the bottom one but smaller than the biggest. The middle segment also has a notch in its east coast.”

The islands themselves curve out from the peninsula, they are not all in a line but their general shape curves to the East, until it is perpendicular with the direction of the peninsula. So it firms a fourth of the curve of a circle. The biggest island has a big bend in it, the widen segment goes East to west, and the west part bends slightly northward.”

Does … does that make sense?

OOC: @Toru Nui

Edited by Harvali
  • Like 2

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

12 hours ago, BULiK said:

IC: Knichou, Po-Koro Airspace, Bridge of the Taku

"Is there anything else that any of you want to say in confidence here before we go back out to address everyone else?"

IC Stannis | The Taku

From the corner, the old man shrugged himself from the bulwark and moved forward a pace. "And why not tell us what are your goals, shade?" he finally said, carefully weighing the burden of such a knowledge.

"You are a being of Shadow—do you seek to lengthen your own by the desecrating of our kind with your malediction?"

@Nato the Traveler

IC: Ulkarr (Telepathic Link)

Yes, that is most certainly the Islets, the description fits too well to be anything else. I sincerely doubt, considering the vast distance between Po-Koro and the southern coast, that Kanohi could have learned of it through conventional means. This gives credence to his claim, though I doubt my brethren will listen to any warnings I could give them.

I must ask that you keep me updated on any further developments with Kanohi and his visions. I will return to Po-Koro to question him myself, once I learn more about this 'League' and the upcoming conflict with them during my visit to Metru-Koro.

@Harvali

Edited by Toru Nui

IC: Pridak | Metru-Nui, Coliseum, Pridak’s Throne Room

That explains the expediency of their trip and why no small blue turaga could be seen standing between them. I figured as much. Frustrating, truly frustrating, to be proven right once more. Each time I think about maybe backing off from the whole “eradicate the entirety of matoran culture” and offering an alternative solution no one is interested. Is it the teeth? Do I really have that weird of a smile? 

Or is it the fact I killed your god? 

Oopsies, sorry. Maybe your god was killing my people.

Zaliyah finally admitted defeat. She conceded to my views. I call that a win. Another ostracized member of matoran culture finally brought to the light. I get it. I was like her for the first few centuries of my life. But she kept hounding me about giving the matoran a break -- going so far as to challenge my strategies during the battle of Metru-Nui. Well, I have the physical rockpile of a city now, and you failed in doing what you wanted because of a metaphorical rock pile, so look who’s laughing.

“Oh?” I remember saying languidly. Aloofly. Almost uncaring and distant as if I was working on a finer problem to solve like the meaning of life. Honestly lunch just didn’t suit me that day.

“Tell me more about how you were rebuked. Did you see the mask?”

OOC: @Nato the Traveler, @Toru Nui

• Like 4

Happy chat.

49 minutes ago, EmperorWhenua said:

IC Stannis | The Taku

"You are a being of Shadow—do you seek to lengthen your own by the desecrating of our kind with your malediction?"

IC: Whisper - The Taku

"I dislike the term desecration. Too many needless, negative connotations," she replied. The Toa's demeanour seemed condescending, bordering on hostile. It wasn't entirely undeserved, given the circumstances of this meeting, but she still didn't like it. "You know the word, you know my element, so clearly know more of my kind than your companions. Why did you not say something sooner?"  

@EmperorWhenua

10 minutes ago, Unreliable Narrator said:

IC: Pridak | Metru-Nui, Coliseum, Pridak’s Throne Room

“Tell me more about how you were rebuked. Did you see the mask?”

IC: Zaliyah - The Coliseum

"That Turaga Sans is a belligerent brakas," she spat, straightening to her feet, "He had no interest in discussing terms. The first thing he did was call me a worm. He said we were worthless, that our cause was pointless."

She shook her head, still in disbelief over the Turaga's sheer, suicidal stupidity, "As for the mask, he claims he buried it. Given the pathetic state of their defences, he clearly hasn't been using it to work on their camp."

@Unreliable Narrator

• Like 2

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

7 hours ago, Sparticus147 said:

IC: Sala (Le-Metru Nuva)

A giddy look of excitement swept across Sala's face as Sorilax told him that he was going to have the opportunity to pilot the ACR, "What! I'm going to be able to pilot Sorilax's ACR, this is amazing." This look briefly faltered as Sorilax continued with his lecture, and as much as Sala would love to hear it, he knew that they weren't going to get anywhere like this.

"Hey Sorilax, I would love to hear more about the intricacies of an ACR as much as the next matoran, but if we're going to make it to Metru-Koro to get you fixed we should keep the lecture to the essentials and you can tell me the rest on the way." Getting assistance from Sorilax, with the minimal amount of interjected knowledge (at least for Sorilax), Sala finally got himself set up inside of the rig.

Although the ACR was most certainly not built for matoran in mind, Sala knew that it only will take him a few hours to grow accustomed to the controls of the mech. Sala noted that the craftmanship was impeccable for what was apparently made by skakdi hands, and the genuine sense of power that Sala felt being inside of the thing, he wondered how anything in this swamp could have compared to it.

IC: Sorilax - Aspect of Shadow and Silence - Aspects of Makuta

Location - The Fau Swamp marshes (7, 12)

With - Sala

Sala was right. They should get going. Sorilax noted that he did often lose track of time. It mattered little to him, but to the Matoran and Skakdi, they lived by time. Helping Sala into Second Skin, Sorilax let him get used to the neural controls before they finally embarked on their mission.

The two chroniclers bid farewell to Le-Metru Nuva and eventually to the swamp itself. The fog grew thicker and the trees fewer as they progressed. While not as deadly as the Fau Swamp proper, the marshes held their own numerous dangers. Sorilax forgoed talking in favor of keeping up his field of Silence to shield their passing from prying ears.

The sun dipped below the giant robot head and then finally the horizon. Sorilax kept watch that night while Sala slept. Upon waking up and Sala getting something to eat, they resumed picking their way carefully through the muck, grime, and watchful Rahi.

Roughly twenty four hours from their departure, Sorilax found a large rock jutting up through the water and mud. The pair sitting down, Sala left the ACR to eat once more. Sorilax had something more on his mind. Something heavy that he had wrestled with his entire life.

Sala,” he began, carefully picking out his words, “I wish to tell you more of my kind, the Aspects of Makuta. I know that I warned of them earlier and the bargains they strike, but I feel you need to know this.

Ever since I formed from the Antidermis and was granted my first body, a cloud of darkness has hung over me. As much as I try to fight it, it sticks to me like the muck of this marsh. Everything I am and everything I do is tainted by some unseen force of the universe. I have less Light inside me than other beings. I, like all of my kin, am manipulative and controlling by nature, not of my own choosing. But worst of all…

Sorilax paused, frowning. No, Sala should know this.

There is a ritual we Aspect’s call the Desecration Rites. It is how we grow our power and it helps us to achieve our ultimate goals. For some unknown reason, no one has succeeded as of yet, but I can feel something has changed. Now is the time to make bargains, to grow in knowledge and power. But these Desecration Rites, they are twisted and perverse. We Aspects take the still beating heart of a sentient being and say the proper words. A small writhing Kraata forms, which we attach permanently to a being’s back.

Yet there is more, old chum. The unknown force compels us to ask a favor of the being being desecrated, which they in turn are then also compelled to accomplish. And should they ever try to remove their Kraata, they will die. I am sorry to say that in trying to make the ritual not so full of Shadow, I have performed many of these Desecration Rites over the millennia. In a way, I am no better than my brothers and sisters.

Frogs croaked as Sorilax looked off into the distance, as far as the mists would allow. Sighing, Sorilax continued, “But I know I will perform the Rites again. I must achieve my Grand Wish and to do that, I must Desecrate. I wish it were not so, yet am powerless to change it.

I suppose I should also mention we become mentally attached to the beings whom we perform the Rites for. Who knows what might happen should one of us actually grow in power.

Sorilax became silent as he reached for his scrolls, pulling out a smaller one. He handed it to the orange and white Matoran, “Inside you’ll find all that I’ve described, along with my current proposed alterations to the preparatory poem. You’ll also find all 42 Kraata powers inside. We know we can get to level six, but I only have access to knowledge of level two and below.

Gazing fondly at one of his actual friends, instead of some Aspect that merely tolerated his presence, Sorilax finished, “I say this because I believe something of a moral code has been brought up in passing around the village. I know the old inhabitants of this island were much like you refugees, frowning upon the rites as do I.

OOC: @Sparticus147

• Like 1

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

IC: Skyra Daring - Cargo Hauler -

"You know, I'm starting to think he doesn't like us very much Rose..." Skyra quipped, apparently her sense of humor still intact despite how she felt. 

"And for your information, I can hold up to six ice cream cones at once! You may think that's a rather useless skill, and you're right, it is!" 

@Toru Nui @Tarn @TL01 NUVA @Conway @Keeper of Kraata

IC: Vashni - Ruined Fort -

"Not a bad idea, I'll help." 

@pokemonlover360 @Tarn @Onaku @~Xemnas~ @Harvali

• Like 1

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: Rose - Cargo Hauler

"Like his opinion matters, pfft," Rose said, feeling hot despite her element. "When are we gonna be back in Metru-Koro? I wanna see a medic already. Karz."

The Toa of Fire was disappointed that she couldn't spend more time fighting a giant ###### crab. Now she was sick--they were all sick, and for all she knew this was the last time she'd get to fight a giant ###### crab. What was Waveahk's problem, even? They could've taken it down and got right back on track with their mission, if it hadn't been for lightbulb lady and her stunt.

Rose placed a hand on Skyra's arm and sighed. No, no, they'd been through worse. They'd make it. And then they'd get right back to kicking skidplate like nobody's--

--she suddenly felt like throwing up, and slumped in her seat, covering her mouth.

@Snelly@Toru Nui@Conway@Keeper of Kraata@TL01 NUVA

• Like 1

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

1 hour ago, Nato the Traveler said:

"I dislike the term desecration. Too many needless, negative connotations," she replied. The Toa's demeanour seemed condescending, bordering on hostile. It wasn't entirely undeserved, given the circumstances of this meeting, but she still didn't like it. "You know the word, you know my element, so clearly know more of my kind than your companions. Why did you not say something sooner?"  

IC Stannis | The Taku

"Perhaps the connotations are negative because they are warranted," Stannis chided, having none of the evasion Whisper employed. He saw through the defense, acknowledging the Aspect as what it was. Just as he told Waveahk before the Steltian left on his mission south to the Islets, and as he warned Sans before that, the Wanderer was keenly aware of the threat posed by the Aspects and felt the danger was not a purely militaristic one. No, the shadow-beings used ideology and deception as their weapons. The element of Shadow, as Stannis considered it, was not inherently evil but it was duplicitous by nature and its users rarely ever embraced goodness. He was rightfully wary of Whisper. 

Of his silence and knowledge he gave no explanation, instead pressing his query which Whisper did not offer response. "Answer my question, shade. What are your goals?"

For a moment, Whisper was sorely tempted to challenge this Toa's apparent prejudice head-on. He seemed to know more than the others, and an attitude this confrontational surely had to stem from something more severe than Whisper's own deeds. 

But needless conflict wasn't in her nature. There was no point in defiance here, so she decided to take the path of least resistance and give him what he wanted. 

"We Aspects each have a Grand Wish, a goal we wish to accomplish," she replied, focusing on Stannis but addressing the group, "Mine is to cease being what I am, and become more like you." Her armour seemed to deflate, crumpling atop the chair as her true gaseous form seeped out, coalescing into a cloying cloud that hung around the empty shell. "We are nothing more than vapour. No flesh, no blood, no life in the way you know it." 

Edited by Nato the Traveler
  • Like 1

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Sala (Fau Swamp)

1 hour ago, Kal the Guardian said:

Sorilax became silent as he reached for his scrolls, pulling out a smaller one. He handed it to the orange and white Matoran, “Inside you’ll find all that I’ve described, along with my current proposed alterations to the preparatory poem. You’ll also find all 42 Kraata powers inside. We know we can get to level six, but I only have access to knowledge of level two and below.

Gazing fondly at one of his actual friends, instead of some Aspect that merely tolerated his presence, Sorilax finished, “I say this because I believe something of a moral code has been brought up in passing around the village. I know the old inhabitants of this island were much like you refugees, frowning upon the rites as do I.

Sala took the scroll, staring at Sorilax before reading what was on the scroll. Indicative of Sorilax's writing style, the text was small and uniform, almost printed in a manner, not an inch of the parchment not used. Where there wasn't words there were diagrams and depictions, some of kraata, some of heartlights, some of more...somewhat unsightly imagary. But one portion caught Sala's eye, just solely because of the way it was written, with it being separated from the rest of the text. It read...

Goodbye

Hello

Step forth into the darkness and prepare the gift

A star’s heart still beating, still lit

Two midnight horrors cry and shift

Make them squirm inside the pit

Bind worm and willing host

Tear the yolk and spread its gold

Devour knowledge and their ghost

Pray for prey forever sold

Hello

Goodbye

...A chill ran down Sala's spine as he read the poem, a haunting cold feeling lingering over him. Sala was planning on asking Sorilax for more information about him and his kind, but this, this was so much more then Sala was expecting and so much more...insidious then he hoped.

At this point, Sala, deep in thought would have stopped listening to Sorilax if Sorilax continued speaking, too overwhelmed with the new information that he now had too even register his surroundings. For several minutes Sala sat there in silence, reading and rereading various portions of the scroll and thinking and rethinking his options before he finally spoke.

"Sorilax...I..This..Huh, you are not wrong. The nature of this ritual, it..goes against everything the matoran and toa hold as ideals and believe in. To take the heartlight of another and to...change it. To make a thing of shadow and bind it to another's form for the sake of power. It scares me." stopping for several beats, Sala looked into Sorilax's eyes, a wavering look was upon Sala's face, but his eyes belied his determination to help his friend. "But..But..I'm not scared. You said you've attempted to alter the ritual, to make it..not rely on such a sacrifice. What have you learned from your attempts, any progress to a solution?"

OOC: @Kal the Guardian

IC: Uraborask (The Rig)

Finishing his meal and drink, Uraborask lurched up from his seat and approached the skakdi trader, almost dragging him from his seat. "Alright, alright, let me at least finish my drink, hey, Hey, HEY!" the trader shouted as Uraborask practically carried him out of the diner. Outside the diner and on the streets of the Mall, the tradeskak turned towards Uraborask, "Hey! I wasn't done drinking that yet." "You've had since I got my food to finish your drink. Now we're back onto business. Where's your rig?" "Fine, whatever, I've been renting a spot in the local garage. Hopefully they haven't repurposed it yet since I've left.The last part being under the skakdi's breath but Uraborask still caught it with his keen senses.

Making their way to the Rig's garages, the tradeskak leading the way, they came to a closed down garage door, a burly skakdi mechanic seemingly on break. "Hey you! Slouch! Open this garage, my rig is in there and I'm heading out with it." Putting out their cig, the mechanic lumbered over, obviously irritated with the small skakdi's tone, "Buddy, that's your rig behind those doors? Well, from what I've been told by the big boss is, that whoever has been paying for this garage has ran out of rent money. So buddy, that means that's not your rig, it's ours." By this point, the burly mechanic was practically leaning over the sleazy trader, obviously attempting to intimidate the tradeskak to blow off.

"This one's ran out of rent? That would mean you should've tossed out his rig, not commandeered it. So, let me do you a favor, and get it out of there for you." Now sizing up against the burly skakdi, Uraborask stood to his full menacing height, most certainly outmatching the mechanic in size alone with his height and girth. For several tense minute, the two stood against each other before the mechanic backed down, "Bah, I'm on bloody break, I shouldn't be even dealing with this, if trouble comes out of this it's going to be on your heads." the mechanic opening the garage door before scowling away.

The rig, by skakdi design, was a hardy and semi-ramshackle vehicle but seemed to lack any obvious weaponry. It was built in design like that of a jeep truck, equipped with hardy suspension capable of taking the rough barren terrain of Zakaz's wastes, a roll cage covering the back, allowing for fellow skakdi to ride in the bed with some safety, and a double hooked tow wrench mounted on the front and a larger, sturdier, tow wrench on the back attached to the roll cage.

Hopping into the rig, the tradeskak taking the driver's seats and Uraborask the passenger's, they made their way out of the Rig and headed for Uraborask's hunting shack.

• Like 1

IC Stannis | The Taku

"You wish to know life, then?" Stannis said, his voice harsh and yet not mocking. He was treating Whisper as a diplomatic foe, pleading with argument rather than harsh insult. His was the voice of experience, of having seen and done things Whisper could not yet imagine, and was flavored by the taste of iron and salt from millennia of vicious war and harsh survivalism. "Do you think flesh and blood is all there is to our existence? It is not. To know life is to know pain, misery, death. It is to know fear, anger, and oppression. I do not think you can know such a life or be more like us... because you cannot fathom how the consequence of your wishes on those around you—it is not in your nature to do such a thing.

"... Just as you could not think how your fascination would irrevocably change someone like us... into someone a lot more like you."

"You're right. My entire existence has been spent watching rahi starve and scavenge, while warskak warriors slaughter one another for scraps," the cloud that was Whisper seeped slowly back into her armour, refilling her form, "To me, the concepts you cling to, your polite society and precious morals, are nothing more than the desiccated dregs of a civilisation that died long before my time."

One of her tendrils curled away to point beyond the airship, towards the distant shape of the dead god's head. 

"But the arrival of all of you, it marks a change, the possibility of old things becoming new again. Maybe this world will be better for it, or maybe your ideals are doomed to die again, but I wish to learn nonetheless."

OOC: @EmperorWhenua

• Like 1

IC: Okuo - Vault Hiripaki

Okuo whistled in awe at the sheer number of entries in this holographic databank. Then, when the AI then mentioned the curious lack of any data on him, the young toa simply sighed. "Not that curious, actually, considering I only became a toa a week ago."

He then turned to his fellow toa of fire, an eyebrow raised. "What do you make of this? You seem to have known Stannis pretty well, any insight on this you could offer?"

@EmperorWhenua @Eyru

1 hour ago, Sparticus147 said:

At this point, Sala, deep in thought would have stopped listening to Sorilax if Sorilax continued speaking, too overwhelmed with the new information that he now had too even register his surroundings. For several minutes Sala sat there in silence, reading and rereading various portions of the scroll and thinking and rethinking his options before he finally spoke.

"Sorilax...I..This..Huh, you are not wrong. The nature of this ritual, it..goes against everything the matoran and toa hold as ideals and believe in. To take the heartlight of another and to...change it. To make a thing of shadow and bind it to another's form for the sake of power. It scares me." stopping for several beats, Sala looked into Sorilax's eyes, a wavering look was upon Sala's face, but his eyes belied his determination to help his friend. "But..But..I'm not scared. You said you've attempted to alter the ritual, to make it..not rely on such a sacrifice. What have you learned from your attempts, any progress to a solution?"

IC: Sorilax - Aspect of Shadow and Silence - Aspects of Makuta

Location - The Fau Swamp marshes (7, 12)

With - Sala

Just as Sorilax thought. These new beings held the same belief system. Pondering the Matoran’s question and his fear for a few minutes, Sorilax eventually turned his body to face Sala, since his neck wasn’t working. He opened his mouth to speak, closed it, then finally responded, “I have managed to change words here and there, but if I go too far, whatever controls the event causes it to fail and the Heartlight is lost. Where, I know not. The wish I ask remains. The Kraata remains. I know not of the separation and death. I refuse to test it out. The psychic link remains. The horrible price of the deed remains.

But I can feel the power of the Rites as I use them. There’s a secret there, hiding out of view but within sight. There and yet not there. When asked, no other Aspects can detect it. But I have a theory that the unknown force treats us all as differently as we make ourselves. For me, I have put my belief in that feeling of something other. I feel as if I know I can find a way to remove needing a sentient being’s Heartlight. That’s why I am so eager to see the Fau Swamp ruins, for the outsides depict my kind, and I can sense they hold secrets to grow stronger.

Sorilax clenched his fist, “And if I have such unbidden and horrid thoughts about other sentient beings, I can’t imagine what my brothers and sisters think. I seek out these ruins for knowledge, but also to destroy any knowledge I find. I view it as my duty to the Light to make sure my kin can never grow strong enough to harm all beings on this island, even their fellow Aspects.

Although as I’ve said before, I just ‘know’ that I need to Desecrate to be able to start to accomplish setting things right. As horrible as that is, I know it must be done. Oh how it wrenches my heart to even speak it. I so wish I could change what appears unchangeable, like how the head of your universe destroyed the immovable mountains in the west.

But I can feel it, sense it. All my attempts of using a Rahi Heartlight have failed, but they have failed in a most peculiar manner.” Sorilax held up a finger to emphasize, “The Rahi Heartlight gets consumed, but the Kraata produced is malformed and inert. There is a way. I will find it. And that knowledge I will not hide. Though I fear any solution might be specialized to me only, for the unknown power behind all this does seem fickle, allowing some to do one thing, but not others. It is as confusing as it is fascinating.

Leaning onto his back and staring up into the mists, watching them swirl in the occasional breeze, Sorilax pondered, “Although when it comes to Desecration Rites, I will only consume the Heartlight of an individual that has offensively killed someone. As in, murder. If you kill someone in defense of your life or the lives of others, then I refuse to touch the being. But beings that attack and kill others unprovoked and outside of war forfeit their own lives in doing so. Or at least that is how I feel about the matter.

Growing sad, Sorilax sighed once more, “Oh the quandary I find myself in. I wish to be the best I can be, yet I know I must take life in order to one day set things right. Even if I do it in a way that seems right to me, that doesn’t change how others feel about it. And those who don’t care, like the Skakdi, I can’t trust with my vision of a better world. Yet the truly good beings, like you, Sala, would refuse for me to take anyone’s life, regardless of that being’s actions. Life is the sweet, savory smell of a blooming flower trapped inside a conical hive of mutated Nui-Rama.

Off handedly he added, “Ckropen Nest, best smelling flowers on the island in my opinion. Yet many have died trying to pick them. They also have fairly good overall healing properties when added to water and boiled.

If Sala scrolled to where the parchment became blank, he could see the latest poem Sorilax had yet to test out.

Goodbye

Hello

Step forth into the Light and prepare the gift

A star’s heart still beating, still lit

Two daylight creatures cry and shift

Make them stir inside the pit

Bind worm and willing host

Respect the yolk and share its gold

Recycle knowledge and their ghost

Pray for sons forever lent

Hello

Goodbye

OOC: @Sparticus147

• Like 2

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

IC: Oreius | Stannis's Vault, Onu-Metru

Oreius sighed. He suddenly looked old, burdened by the weight of centuries. His ever-hunched shoulders seemed stooped with age.

"I did know him, once." The Toa of Fire ran a finger along the table; it accumulated a layer of dust that suggested no one had been here for a long time. "I knew him well. Better than anyone, maybe.

"He was..." Oreius trailed off. For a moment, it looked like he wanted to say something but knew he shouldn't. Then he sighed again, even deeper than the first time. His sense of honour appeared to win out: he hated to speak ill of someone behind their back.

"He was a good man," he conceded. "Wiser than most. The model of a Toa. But..." he frowned. "We had different philosophies. He saw Toa as guardians of the peace, not soldiers. He preferred the role of the diplomat. The advisor. The counselor."

Walking slowly, hands behind his back, Oreius inspected the dusty beakers and books one by one, as if he was looking for something. Something to distract him from his memories. Finding nothing, he turned to face Okuo again.

"But sometimes evil cannot be reasoned with. Sometimes the only thing you can do is strike first, and strike hard. Like with the League. No amount of diplomacy would've stopped them."

The old Toa looked pained. He rubbed the back of his neck, his eyes far away. "So I left. I left him, and I left the Toa Maru. It was like leaving my family, but I couldn't reconcile my beliefs with his. We were just too different, he and I.

"He was my brother. I..."

Oreius appeared to suddenly come back to reality. He looked embarrased to have gone on for so long.

"Anyway, you probably don't care about all that," he said gruffly. "Let's look at these holos. Maybe there's something interesting here."

IC: Taja | Aboard the Taku

Taja frowned. "It said it would help me. Give me power. I just needed to... to keep my ears open. Let it know if I heard anything about its kind."

She shook her head. "I guess that isn't all it wanted."

Edited by Eyru

IC: Knichou, Po-Koro Airspace, Bridge of the Taku

Knichou watched Stannis and Whisper converse, the room becoming more tense as ideologies clashed. The revelation of Whisper's true form was as intriguing as it was frightening to Knichou. Knichou was no biologist, but a sentient being made of gas was certainly newsworthy. This 'grand wish' of becoming mortal was... fascinating. The grass is always greener on the other side, he supposed. The captain began to speak.

"There won't be much to learn about our ways if we wipe each other off the map. This is no theoretical experiment for us; it's survival, and we must do everything we can to ensure as many of us survive as possible. Stannis is right that there is more that defines us than flesh and blood. If you truly wish to become mortal, you must be prepared to die in service of others, of a greater society, however flawed it may seem. You cannot truly learn our ways as a separate observer - to understand and have a fulfilling life, you must engage in sustaining our civilization despite all its burdens and contradictions."

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

The thought of putting her own existence on the line for the sake of a species she barely understood wasn't a particularly enticing one.

But if that was what it took to fulfill her wish... "Then... I suppose that is what I must do." 

IC [Strange tunnels - Vahki on parade]:

Triki rushed forward into the darkness, followed by his two companions. Soon there was a certain distance between them and the Vahki leading this hunt. And then, up ahead, the Matoran thought he could see movement. Or maybe that was a trick of the eyes. He would have to get closer to be sure, but whatever had dug this tunnel was massive and it wasn’t the reason they’d come down here.

-----

One of Nu8020s fellow vahki units moved ahead, crossing the tunnel the creature had dug and began examining the far wall to find the continuation of the tunnel they had been in. 

It’s head swiveled back and forth, scanning from the exit to where it stood now. Processors whirring, it used the data it had passively collected about the tunnel they had wandered to extrapolate it’s most likely continuation. From it’s point of view, a projection of the most likely path the tunnel took was overlaid over the actual visual input - the Vahki equivalent of picturing something in one’s mind.

The projection turned out to be accurate, and it soon found the right opening and the footprints on the ground. And as it stood in the tunnel entrance, it’s auditory receptors picked up a faint signal - a rapid thumping.

It turned around and addressed Nu8020 in their screeching, high pitch, high speed code version of the Matoran language. 

“Acquired trail. Detected rhythmic noise. Possible lead. Continue pursuit or assist organics?”

OOC: @Toru Nui @xccj @Edelgard @Jakura Nuva

IC [Strange Tunnels - Bear witness]:

“Intruders!” the Shaman yelled in his own tongue. He didn’t have time for anything else as the rocket struck home. It blew up at his feet, the shock wave sending him backwards. He hit the altar behind him and let out an unholy screech before falling still. The ritual drummers, the cause of the thumping that had led the group down here in the first place, stopped. 

The Mesi horde was stunned. First by the explosion and the one that caused it dropping into their midst from above, then by one of their own appearing next to the fallen Shaman, proclaiming the new arrival as master. Master? Spiriah was master, they knew Spiriah and this being...was not Spiriah. And then anger took the horde, the drummers began beating their instruments again with furious intensity, a myriad of shouts rose and a half dozen of them bum-rushed Varian. Two of them leaped up from different directions, crude blades raised to stab at him, while the other four went for his legs and torso.

Suddenly, Zak-Yak felt movement at his feet. The ‘dead’ Shaman was suddenly very active again despite his numerous injuries. “Sacrilege!” he screeched as his bloody, clawed hands went for Zak-Yaks legs. “Betrayal!”

As Providence cast his shadow field, the Mesi assigned to guard the strange warrior were unperturbed by the shadows spreading around them. They had no eyes, they lived in the dark - what would a little more darkness do?

Apparently the answer was seize them and start dragging them away, but this was one being against many. They may have been startled at first to allow these newcomers to come this far into their midst, but now the Aspect and his allies were surrounded. As their fellows struggled in the tendrils grasp, two Mesi armed with short, brutal axes in each hand came up behind Providence, another rushing in from the side started to hack at his shadow tendrils. And yet another Mesi seized the sacrificial warrior from behind, dragging him backwards, away from the fight. The warrior struggled in the larger beings grasp, and yelled out to the newcomers: “There’s too many! My bonds! You must cut my bonds!”

OOC: @Burnmad @Snelly @Dane-gerous

• Like 3

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC: NU-8020S (Tunnels)

The Le-Matoran's seeming inability to make any sort of logical decision repulsed and morbidly intrigued NU-8020S. Perhaps he was hit too many times with the Staffs of Erasing, like the ones that one of the units following her had, back in Le-Metru. But that only further condemned him. If he had ever been sane and rational, he wouldn't have been hit with the Staffs of Erasing, now would he?

"Continue pursuit. The meatbag's terminal stupidity is not our concern." NU-8020S responded back in the Vahki dialect, which was inherently superior to the Matoran language it was based on, because it didn't take forever to communicate. Organic speech was painfully slow.

Not bothering to see if Mahryo or Lueiji were following them or Triki, she lead the two Vahki move forward. She probably could make them follow - the other unit had the Staffs of Command, but those could only give one command at a time and tending to give out at inopportune moments.

@Vezok's Friend@xccj@Edelgard@Jakura Nuva

IC: Triki, Tunnels

"Hey guys, see-you this?  I think I found Rahi-friend!" Triki calls back to Mahryo and Lueiji, although he hadn't kept track of them and didn't know if they were in hearing distance or even had followed him at all.  He was also too far removed from NU-8020S to confirm or deny the theory about getting hit with Vahki staff beams often.  (It would certainly be a confirmation, although he had got better at dodging them over time with practice.)  Having some experience encountering Rahi in dark, hidden tunnels, Triki slowly approaches where he thinks he saw the movement...

@Toru Nui @Edelgard @Jakura Nuva @Vezok's Friend

:music: 

• Like 1

IC: Yaushe - Gun Time

"Figured we'd find somewhere eventually." Yaushe could not shrug as a gun, but the shrug was very much implied. "Wasn't particularly fussed on the 'where'."

@Dane-gerous@A-tak-nid

Edited by ZippyWharrgarbl

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

IC: Vent - Zakaz, The Tunnels

Hearing the victim's shout, Vent's trajectory on the board curved as they soared towards the large Mesi that had him captive.

"Hey! Time out!" The Tiokaha yelled, rhotuka firing from their mechanical arm and blasting towards the large Mesi in an attempt to get him to let go of the blue armoured warrior.

OOC: @Vezok's Friend @Burnmad @Snelly @Sparticus147

IC: Mega - Zakaz, The Wastes (Outside The Van)

"Well..." Mega paused for a minute, picking her rifle (and by extension, Yaushe) up again. "Tri was goin' someplace, weren't he? That there other settlement, Metru-Koro." 

She smiled at the thought of the awkward Bo-Toa for a moment, before coming quickly back to reality.

"Was hopin' he'd be the one to ask me out but plans change, hey?" 

OOC: @ZippyWharrgarbl @A-tak-nid

IC: Yaushe - Gun Time

Being picked up was a really weird experience, but for a brief moment, there was something-

The Turaga said not to get closer to the maelstrom, but , those readings were-

Her eyes widened as she felt the floor shift beneath her-

She swore, throwing herself to the floor, hands over her head, but the floor was up and around and sideways and-

A memory?

She struggled to remember more. It didn't make sense. Had she gotten in a wreck or something?

The moment was over, and Mega's voice brought her back. That would be something to think on later. "Make sure you ease him into asking. Poor guy looked like he was gonna combust."

• Like 2

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

IC: Zsann - Zakaz, the wastes?, outside of the van

As for places to go, Zsann didn't have much to contribute. So she just followed the conversation between Yaushe and Mega. Until she realized something strange - the voice was not coming from the van now, but from the rifle.

The Skakdi crossed her arms before her chest and glanced from the rifle to the van and back in confusion. So much for having finally understood something about this place, or her companions.

OOC: @Dane-gerous @ZippyWharrgarbl

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)

IC: Zsann, the wastes

Zsann did not return the smile, as she was still eyeing the rifle with a very puzzled expression. She figured that there was no way she could come up with an explanation for this.

"I-I... w-wasn't Y-y-yaushe a... v-van?" she asked, carefully.

Edited by A-tak-nid
forgot a word.

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)

IC: Falh - Zakaz, Navu's Place (And It Begins)

The ice knife was still cold in his hand.

Suddenly, Falh dropped to one knee beside his former friend, grasping his face a final time. He hoped to make it quick, Datrox didn't deserve to suffer. Icy blade gently tracing the outline of the Ta-Toa's heart, Falh suddenly plunged it downward, into his fellow Toa's flesh.

Your power shall feed my own.

OOC: @Eyru @Tarn

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Kal the Guardian said:

Off handedly he added, “Ckropen Nest, best smelling flowers on the island in my opinion. Yet many have died trying to pick them. They also have fairly good overall healing properties when added to water and boiled.

If Sala scrolled to where the parchment became blank, he could see the latest poem Sorilax had yet to test out.

Sala could tell just how difficult it was for Sorilax to share this, just the hesitation alone was out of character for Sorilax, and even though there are still questions Sala wanted to ask, he thought it would be best to save them for another time.

"Ckropen Nests?..Are there any other useful plants you know of, maybe some we'll find on our way to Metru-Koro and be able to either use there or back at Le-Metru Nuva when we return?" 

Although Sala would seem to be back to his same curious, chronicler self, Sala was still worried, both for his friend and the implication of everything, "A race of living gas, born out of some baffling substance called antidermis, and employing some shadowy ritual involving heartlights? Just what have the matoran found themselves, first caught between the League, and then the skakdi, and now these aspects." There was one thing that worried Sala the most, "He said that each one of his kind have a grand wish and that to achieve it they need to desecrate others...So what 'is' your wish Sorilax's, and what is your reason for telling me this?"

OOC: @Kal the Guardian

IC: Zak-Yak (oh no, Oh No, OH NO!)

5 hours ago, Vezok's Friend said:

Suddenly, Zak-Yak felt movement at his feet. The ‘dead’ Shaman was suddenly very active again despite his numerous injuries. “Sacrilege!” he screeched as his bloody, clawed hands went for Zak-Yaks legs. “Betrayal!”

Letting out a screech of shock and surprise at the shaman's apparent not deadness, Zak-Yak swung his free hand at the shaman to keep them from grabbing at his legs. It just so happened though that Zak-Yak's free hand was the large mechanical talon strapped onto his meager frame, the claws of it slashing into the shaman and throwing them far enough away for Zak-Yak to scurry away from the alter.

Slinking around the edges of the chamber, frantically trying to not get grabbed by any stray mesi, shifting in and out of the physical and ethereal state, to shaken to maintain either. Looking at the scene before him, Zak-Yak saw his master Varian was being assaulted by several mesi, Providence surrounded by some aura of shadow, and Vent flying down towards the blue thing and the big burly mesi. "Oh no, oh no, oh no, what do what do what do?" Zak-Yak muttered, fitfully trying to figure out who to help or what to do, then he heard the cries of the blue thing, “There’s too many! My bonds! You must cut my bonds!”

With no other better idea, and quick to listen to words of authority, Zak-Yak wormed his way over towards the blue warrior, hopefully they could help if freed.

OOC: @Vezok's Friend @Snelly @Dane-gerous @Burnmad

• Like 2

IC: Providence - Mesi Tunnels

Oh, dear. These 'Mesi' were overpowering his tendrils of shadow. He supposed these beings were rowdier than he'd previously imagined.

A couple were coming up behind him. Providence danced out of the way, tapping one on the forehead as he did. The sluggishness imposed by his touch caused the pale, eyeless Skak to crash into his compatriot.

With the brief reprieve he had earned, the Aspect focused the shadows that he had gathered around the blue-armored warrior into a blade, which he caused to sever the being's bonds, before dissipating.

OOC: @Dane-gerous @Snelly @Sparticus147 @Vezok's Friend

IC: Mahryo - Tunnels

Mahryo is briefly torn between tracking down Triki and following the Vahki - but the call to ADVENTURE(!!) wins out in the end, though he does toss a few fireballs in Triki's direction. Should the Matoran see them, perhaps he will follow. Thus satisfied that he has done his part to be helpful, Mahryo follows NU onwards.

@xccj@Jakura Nuva@Toru Nui@Vezok's Friend

• Like 1

IC: Reliable Narrator | South of Irnakk’s Tooth, Following the rain

Mazor left Gnabol in search of the missing seventh skakdi. He didn’t know if they also were a skaklet now, and so he kept his senses on full alert for either the crying of a babe or the firing of a weapon. 

He heard and saw neither for several minutes as he searched through the thinning trees on the edge of a marsh to the South. Tall reedy grasses brushed against his upper thigh. Frogs croaked, and the eerie drone of strange bugs filled the air. At last, he heard a familiar childish gurgle. 

The skaklet wandered far from the camp, or maybe had been away when caught in the rain. In either case Mazor found the babe giggling and tapping its hand against a gigantic piece of mottled shell. Further out was another piece of shell. And crushed trees. 

And the dead corpse of a majestic, gargantuan manas crab with one of its claws reaching towards the heavens.

OOC: @Toru Nui @Smudge8

IC: Reliable Narrator | Dead Forest

Enra, Xane, and Rangi may have felt the eerie presence of something watching them as they heard the soft chimes of bells in the trees, but nothing made itself known to them. They could continue to search the Dead Forest for the large ruined structure they saw from the side of Irnakk's Tooth, or they could go to the smaller temple they noticed in the river of lava.

OOC: @Toru Nui @Nato the Traveler @Onaku

Edited by Unreliable Narrator
  • Like 2

Happy chat.

IC, Atamai: Ruined Fort

Atamai woke up with a loud yawn. He hadn't had the most restful sleep...

He heard Vashni and the Collector talking about finding supplies in the fort. 

He cleared his throat. "So, uh, I was thinking last night, going over the map of Metru Nui in my head, and I realized... we haven't been heading in the direction of the temple corresponding to the Onu-Metru Great Disk. I think Mata Nui's big head is technically on top of where we would expect a temple to be, and the closest we would be able to get to that location would have been... southwest of Metru Koro." 

Atamai sighed. "I'm really sorry, with everything going on, I've been a little... distracted. The good news is that we should be close to the temple corresponding with the Po-Metru disk. If I'm right, it should be just a bit northwest of here. After Vashni and Collector are done looking for supplies in the fort, we can head in that direction, if you all want."

IC “Collector” - Ruined Fort

Collector nodded simply. They had hoped for help from Zadred, but they knew that they still made her uneasy. And talking one on one with one of the group was still part of their goals to getting friends. And a Toa of Psionics should be able to find out what they are doing wrong, with her powers and all. 

It would be good to have your help, Toa Vashni,” they stated, then to Toa Atamai they said, “Understood, it is good that we still have time to adjust our course. Some of us plan to look around the fort, see if there is anything to scavenge.

OOC: @pokemonlover360 @~Xemnas~ @Onaku @Snelly @Tarn

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali